Viewing 32 reply threads

• Author

• Bucsfan4life323

Participant

Greg Auman ?[member=23448]gregauman[/member]  3m3 minutes agoAs Bucs open 11-on-11 drills, rookie Kwon Alexander is working as starting middle linebacker ...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, the staff must really be high on him. Can’t say I blame them, kid seems to be flying all over the field. We might have gotten ourselves a steal with Kwon.With that being said, does that move Bruce Carter to the outside or the bench?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, the staff must really be high on him. Can't say I blame them, kid seems to be flying all over the field. We might have gotten ourselves a steal with Kwon.With that being said, does that move Bruce Carter to the outside or the bench?

[member=23448]gregauman[/member]  13m13 minutes agoBruce Carter is working with second-string defense. Bucs giving early look at rookie Kwon Alexander after "outstanding" debut Saturday

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Might just be giving the opportunity so they can take a look at him. Might be earning a starter spot. Either way, it looks like we should see a lot of production from this year’s draft class. Could be a really nice draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They have named Kwon starter at MLB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie did?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am thrilled to see a rookie come in like this and outplay a veteran to earn the starting spot. Our LB core is going to be stout this year and a huge strength on this defense.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

After a good 1st game, rookie LB Kwon Alexander got to run w/the ones today. Lovie says Bucs are trying out different combinationsLovie on Kwon Alexander: "What happens when you make plays, you get the opportunity to make more plays. Very pleased with what he's done."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just think Carter is  liability in the run game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you have a link or is he just a starter for the day?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you have a link or is he just a starter for the day?

something Stroud tweeted out, though I think that the tweet came out while the team was on the field, so probably more of an observation than a declaration.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s a few components to this…I'll start with the good. First of all, congrats to Kwon for balling out enough to earn a bigger chance. Congrats to our GM and college counting staff for finding this kid.Now I'm gonna throw some shade: another free agency home run for Lovie and Licht. I know free agency is a gamble too, but, I mean come on, this is just getting pathetic. These guys have been, with the exception of McDonald, mind bogglingly inept when it comes to free agency.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's a few components to this...I'll start with the good. First of all, congrats to Kwon for balling out enough to earn a bigger chance. Congrats to our GM and college counting staff for finding this kid.Now I'm gonna throw some shade: another free agency home run for Lovie and Licht. I know free agency is a gamble too, but, I mean come on, this is just getting pathetic. These guys have been, with the exception of McDonald, mind bogglingly inept when it comes to free agency.

You don't have to tear one man down (Carter) to build up another one up (Kwon)...I think it's more of a reflection of Kwons good camp/game than an indictment of Carters 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's a few components to this...I'll start with the good. First of all, congrats to Kwon for balling out enough to earn a bigger chance. Congrats to our GM and college counting staff for finding this kid.Now I'm gonna throw some shade: another free agency home run for Lovie and Licht. I know free agency is a gamble too, but, I mean come on, this is just getting pathetic. These guys have been, with the exception of McDonald, mind bogglingly inept when it comes to free agency.

You don't have to tear one man down (Carter) to build up another one up (Kwon)...I think it's more of a reflection of Kwons good camp/game than an indictment of Carters 

This ^^^. Carter played fine on Saturday, but Alexander really stood out. Nothing like competition.  If this gets Carter to up his game - fine with me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carter was signed before the draft. If they ended up with a steal in this kid that’s great. That surely doesn’t mean they blew it with Carter. That’s ridiculous.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly think our LBers are our D this year. How they go will determine how our D goes… We all knew he was an outstanding athlete, likely a STer this year, but he is blowing past his competition. It may be Carter and Lansanah competing for the SLB spot if this keeps up…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Feel the Kwon….meditation-Favim.com-290160.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It may be Carter and Lansanah competing for the SLB spot if this keeps up...

Lansanah will win that competition. That guy is really driven this year. No one is taking his spot this year while he's still able to stand.Just say'n.[color color=rgb(41, 47, 51)]The ‘Wrath of Kwon’ is materializing ... [/color]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly think our LBers are our D this year. How they go will determine how our D goes... We all knew he was an outstanding athlete, likely a STer this year, but he is blowing past his competition. It may be Carter and Lansanah competing for the SLB spot if this keeps up...

In a perfect world yes but in this dreaded Tampa Two, the D goes as far as the Dline takes em. We handed a rotational guy in George Johnson a starting role as well as Jacques Smith. I know Smith played well towards the end of the season but it wasn't anything to brag about. Until we have a DE teams have to game plan for, we'll continue to see more of the same. You just can't run Tampa 2 consistently w/o a passrush.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are going to rely on a rotation.  Right now the team badly needs a #3 and #4 DE to rotate in with the starters.  One of the young guys probably sticks as the #4 but a waiver wire pickup will probably be mandatory to fill that #3 spot.

Please wait…

• ruodrik

Participant

In a perfect world yes but in this dreaded Tampa Two, the D goes as far as the Dline takes em. We handed a rotational guy in George Johnson a starting role as well as Jacques Smith. I know Smith played well towards the end of the season but it wasn't anything to brag about. Until we have a DE teams have to game plan for, we'll continue to see more of the same. You just can't run Tampa 2 consistently w/o a passrush.

Definitely the bucs biggest issue right now is DE and Oline quality and depth. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What’s Carter’s salary?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It may be Carter and Lansanah competing for the SLB spot if this keeps up...

Lansanah will win that competition. That guy is really driven this year. No one is taking his spot this year while he's still able to stand.Just say'n.[color color=rgb(41, 47, 51)]The ‘Wrath of Kwon’ is materializing ... [/color]

Haha, that should be a stadium cheer. Along with  "Taaaaaampa" ...... "Baaaaaay". either the scoreboard showing a William Shatner double yelling  "Kwwwwwwoooooooooon" after a big play from him, or the fans could yelling "Kwwwwwoooooonnnnn"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kwon and LaVonte will be the fastest nickel LB defense in the NFL. That use to belong to Willis and Bowman but now, it’ll be up to our guys to execute like they did.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kwon is again working as first team MLB today per Greg Auman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Roy Cummings ?@RCummingsTBO  2mRookie Kwon Alexander is with the first team at MLB again today. And he just forced a fumble. #PlaymakerVIDEO: https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/633723585245380610

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m glad to see the coaching staff, who has tendencies to be stubborn, moving their depth chart around based on play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kwon is again working as first team MLB today per Greg Auman.

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts the second pre season game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks like Kwon is the starting MLB now. Carter battling with Lansanah at SLB per Stroud.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Looks like Kwon is the starting MLB now. Carter battling with Lansanah at SLB per Stroud.

Until Lovie says this it's just an opportunity to run with the 1's. I thought Lovie said as much yesterday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Until Lovie says this it's just an opportunity to run with the 1's. I thought Lovie said as much yesterday.

He just said it in his press conference after practice.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

He just said it in his press conference after practice.

Congrats Kwon!! That is awesome.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am thrilled to see a rookie come in like this and outplay a veteran to earn the starting spot. Our LB core is going to be stout this year and a huge strength on this defense.

Probably THE strength of the D. I was never that thrilled with Carter as our MLB, although likely better than Foster was…

Please wait…

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.