Viewing 64 reply threads

• Author

• pmbarber

Participant

What time does he get released today?

Brindza released shortly before 1pm per Buccaneers.comhttp://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Buccaneers-Release-K-Kyle-Brindza/08b2eb62-e475-4847-9eee-5ee87117e1c0

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I felt so bad for him yesterday but it’s a performance-based job and he has played his way out of it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We traded for this cat. Let that sink in a bit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless theres something we dont know about concerning Barth, bringing Barth back just seems obvious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's accurate only in the most literal sense. The Bucs sent Wright there for Brindza rather than cut Wright. They didn't give up an asset for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When the Buccaneers make a field goal they fire the cannons 3 times.How about when they miss a field goal we fire the Kicker from the Cannon.I'm guessing Barth and his agent have been holding out for $$ since the kicking disaster 2015 NFL started. They had to be butt slapping each other yesterday with all the kicking melt downs going on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brindza has been released. I’m sure we’ll get a handful of players brought in for tryouts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup…he has been cut.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I felt so bad for him yesterday but it's a performance-based job and he has played his way out of it.

I felt so bad for the other players that have fought hard the past 2 games and had a kicker miss 5 field goals and 2 XPs. Not only does that effect the score, but it's a huge momentum swing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I felt so bad for him yesterday but it's a performance-based job and he has played his way out of it.

I felt so bad for the other players that have fought hard the past 2 games and had a kicker miss 5 field goals and 2 XPs. Not only does that effect the score, but it's a huge momentum swing.

It definitely sucks, but he wasn't the reason we lost yesterday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/bucs-release-wayward-pk-kyle-brindza/2248440He's gone. Can we change the thread title to "Kyle Brindza Released"?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, do we thank him for winning the ‘Aints game… or just throw the tomatoes?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now Lovie wants to tryout all the kickers the Bears have cut recently.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's accurate only in the most literal sense. The Bucs sent Wright there for Brindza rather than cut Wright. They didn't give up an asset for him.

:o YOLO Balls!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is more than one idiot in the village.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, you're right. Brindza was the reason. Forget the 5 turnovers. Meh.

Please wait…

• lynnst

Participant

I figured we’d be gone by the time I woke up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kai Forbath ,of Buccaneer pre-season fame, was released by the Redskins recently.  Apparently, he had problems with his kickoffs.  That’s going to be Lovie’s dilemma, how to get both good kickoffs and a consistent FG kicker.  If Lovie’s starts feeling pressure that he could be fired,  I wouldn’t be surprised if he signs two kickers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was not talking about you. I was talking about the other bad players. hehehe

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

And despite those 5 turnovers the game could have been changed with the extra points and lost yards from turning the ball over on downs. Who knows how making the FG's would have impacted the outcome of the game. It might not have been enough but it might have.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Touchbacks are not that important.

Please wait…

• lynnst

Participant

ESPN says he’s gone

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My bad, Rude. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And despite those 5 turnovers the game could have been changed with the extra points and lost yards from turning the ball over on downs. Who knows how making the FG's would have impacted the outcome of the game. It might not have been enough but it might have.

You're right, who knows what would of happened if he made those kicks? Who knows what would of happened if Jaboo didn't turn the ball over 5 times? Either way, we lose again at home. I'm tired of it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My bad, Rude. Lol.

It's all good. We are all still in recovery from yesterday's game.  :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are people on this very board that would dispute that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, because every time you go for a FG, momentum has already stopped.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A miss field goal means you lose out on points and field position a lot of times so yes it is a big swing in momentum.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Call me crazy, but a missed FG is just as bad as a fumble or an INT. It's a turnover, a momentum swing and gives up field position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A miss field goal means you lose out on points and field position a lot of times so yes it is a big swing in momentum.

He was about as accurate as winston...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Inaccurate rookie?  Shocker!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So now that the team is starting to get rid of ineffective personnel, let’s cut to the chace and send Lovie back to his basement.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Inaccurate rookie that was inaccurate, had poor footwork, a slow release, and poor decision making in college carries the same poor qualities into the pro-game?  Shocker!What's even more shocking is that anybody here actually expected this FO to pick the right QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Inaccurate rookie that was inaccurate, had poor footwork, a slow release, and poor decision making in college carries the same poor qualities into the pro-game?  Shocker!What's even more shocking is that anybody here actually expected this FO to pick the right QB.

The almighty is NO "guy," ..he is a god!Does he NOT lead fourth-quarter comebacks?Does he not complete every third down?Is he not excellent with his footwork?Is he NOT the most accurate passer in the game today?Can it not be said that lord winston isn't gracious enough to provide other teams fans a ray of hope, before he crushes them under his devine might?We need to give the almighty more time to control his surplus of power. If not, the earth could be doomed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Saints totally agree with you there... oh, wait.  Nevermind.On a side note, can someone tell me how Brindza killed our momentum in our season opener?Can someone tell me how he killed our momentum with a missed kick in the game we won?Cutting Brindza cures nothing.  Sure, he's not as good as we hoped... but let's be honest, who's going to come in a be better?  The guys who weren't good enough in the summer to win a job, or the other guys who got cut because they missed kicks too?  This team still has other problems that are bigger that need to be addressed more than the kicker.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t see this comin’!!#floored#bluefont

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

55 percent is ok for a QB but sucks for a kicker

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

55 percent is ok for a QB but sucks for a kicker

he isnt a god, and isnt from FSU.Thus, a weakling that has no swag.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Saints totally agree with you there... oh, wait.  Nevermind.On a side note, can someone tell me how Brindza killed our momentum in our season opener?Can someone tell me how he killed our momentum with a missed kick in the game we won?Cutting Brindza cures nothing.  Sure, he's not as good as we hoped... but let's be honest, who's going to come in a be better?  The guys who weren't good enough in the summer to win a job, or the other guys who got cut because they missed kicks too?  This team still has other problems that are bigger that need to be addressed more than the kicker.

Kicker is the easiest position on the team to replace.  There are hundreds of kickers with college experience, which are still in game shape, scattered all over the country vying for a measly 32 NFL job openings.  There is no excuse on Earth to have a bad kicker in the NFL.  There's just too damn many of them available not to find a good one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A great majority of kickers have been terrible this year, there is sadly no margin for error for them. I wonder if its a fatigue thing or something else thats causing many to have misses that in previous years were around 80-90% odds of making the kicks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A great majority of kickers have been terrible this year, there is sadly no margin for error for them. I wonder if its a fatigue thing or something else thats causing many to have misses that in previous years were around 80-90% odds of making the kicks.

Kyle actually had to work his foot out every day. In that aspect, idk if you lump him in with those other guys so quickly.Still, he was killing the team, so he had to go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kicker is the easiest position on the team to replace.  There are hundreds of kickers with college experience, which are still in game shape, scattered all over the country vying for a measly 32 NFL job openings.  There is no excuse on Earth to have a bad kicker in the NFL.  There's just too damn many of them available not to find a good one.

Reality tells me that this isn't true.In full disclosure, I'm not saying we shouldn't have cut him... heck, I'm not even saying that we should keep him.  I'm simply saying that having a bad kicker or perfect kicker may mean the difference in whether we're a 3-win team or a 5-win team.  In the end, the team still sucks.  If our kicker is our MVP, meaning - he has more importance (worth 2 wins compared to everyone else - in that respect), then he's by far a problem.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why no keep Brindza for kick offs and long range kicks. bring in someone with less leg but better accuracy for <45 yards?too late now, but that's the kind of radical move this team needs to think about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Call me crazy, but a missed FG is just as bad as a fumble or an INT. It's a turnover, a momentum swing and gives up field position.

Yessir!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“I thought it was great for our team to have to recharge and immediately snap back into what we were going to need to do to win the game."That's how a team grows," the quarterback continued, adding, "Man, it makes for an exciting locker room afterward."

- Drew Brees on his 400th TD pass, following a momentum crushing missed would be FG attempt...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"I thought it was great for our team to have to recharge and immediately snap back into what we were going to need to do to win the game."That's how a team grows," the quarterback continued, adding, "Man, it makes for an exciting locker room afterward."

- Drew Brees on his 400th TD pass, following a momentum crushing missed would be FG attempt...

Ridiculous!  Red Board says you that teams can't rebound from missed FG's.  Brees is clearly an idiot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I felt so bad for the other players that have fought hard the past 2 games and had a kicker miss 5 field goals and 2 XPs. Not only does that effect the score, but it’s a huge momentum swing.

I felt bad for the ones watching their QB throw [touchdown] passes for the other team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tbh you should be happy for him guy got 4 regular season game paychecks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Roy Cummings ?@RCummingsTBO 16m16 minutes agoInteresting: "former" #Bucs PK Kyle Brindza still has a jersey with his name on it hanging in what "used" to be his locker at One Buc Place

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why no keep Brindza for kick offs and long range kicks. bring in someone with less leg but better accuracy for <45 yards?too late now, but that's the kind of radical move this team needs to think about.

That's actually a solid idea.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now Lovie wants to tryout all the kickers the Bears have cut recently.

That's funny

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"I thought it was great for our team to have to recharge and immediately snap back into what we were going to need to do to win the game."That's how a team grows," the quarterback continued, adding, "Man, it makes for an exciting locker room afterward."

Ridiculous!  Red Board says you that teams can't rebound from missed FG's.  Brees is clearly an idiot.

Who says you can't rebound from missed FGs? I'll wait.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except they only let you have 45 players active on game day.  So we don't even get a full 2 deep as is and you want to use 3 slots on specialists?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Waiting on that momentum?  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not really. Every team would do that, except you only have so many roster spots.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except they only let you have 45 players active on game day.  So we don't even get a full 2 deep as is and you want to use 3 slots on specialists?

Do I want to?  Of course not.  But it looks like we may have to choose between a kicker with range or a kicker with accuracy.  Unless you want to pay a punter 3M per year to handle kickoffs too there may not be a right answer for us.  We may have to choose what is the least bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kyle actually had to work his foot out every day. In that aspect, idk if you lump him in with those other guys so quickly.Still, he was killing the team, so he had to go.

I remember reading about this and I have to say I had concerns. He said his foot at times tries to turn, so he had to adjust it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Roy Cummings ?@RCummingsTBO 16m16 minutes agoInteresting: "former" #Bucs PK Kyle Brindza still has a jersey with his name on it hanging in what "used" to be his locker at One Buc Place

They could practice squad him I suppose. Don't we have a spot open right now?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he is what he was in college.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They may like the leg B, and want to work on what is between the ears.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe so as his stuff is still in the locker. We shall see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He needs to clear waivers first, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ya think! LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ya think! LOL

Hey smarty pants, don't make me come down there. I can be at you door in 4 hours. [maybe longer tonight, its raining here]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL, start with page one of this thread.  Missed FG's kill momentum.  You can't win games when that happens apparently.  You can go into the other thread on this topic and see more.

Please wait…

Viewing 64 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.