Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 47 reply threads

• Author

• Pennywise

Participant

I personally prefer Mills

Jeremy Fowler and Dan Graziano of BSPN, believe they have identified who the Bucs are shining their klieglights on in their quarterback evaluations. And that is Florida quarterback Kyle Trask.

If a sixth quarterback can sneak into Round 1, Tampa Bay and Trask is a fit that multiple NFL people have connected. He’s a pure pocket guy who can throw on platform at a high level, which is what Bruce Arians loves. Tampa has all roster needs met and can truly make a luxury pick at No. 32.

Per Jbf

• Runole

Participant

The BUCS will not take a QB in this years draft IMHO especially not #1 See Rogers!!!!

• buc-in-out

Participant

For the love of god, no.

• BucBalla85

Participant

No qb in rd 1 please!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Jordan Love?

• obuc

Participant

Kyle Trask is a mirror , in many ways, of Brad Johnson. A tough former boy type. Can’t run. Wont really win it for you but wont lose it. If you have a good oline and weapons, he is good enough but , of course, you don’t want to draft ‘good enough’.

• theknees

Participant

Kyle Trask is not an NFL QB. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Kyle Trask will be the best QB in the last 5 drafts now. The good ol’ GottaJaboo kiss of death. This guy is the dumbest poster I have ever seen. Ever. Literally. It Java or Karen (how ironic)…but this clown.

• Wutt

Participant

No QB in round 1, HELL NO.

• Bucman

Participant

This would be a disaster. Trask is so limited at QB.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Kyle Trask is a mirror , in many ways, of Brad Johnson. A tough former boy type. Can’t run. Wont really win it for you but wont lose it. If you have a good oline and weapons, he is good enough but , of course, you don’t want to draft ‘good enough’.

Big guy, accurate passer with great ball placement, not very mobile, smart, good arm, but not great. Pretty good comp, I’d say.

• Runole

Participant

Trask will go either late in the first or early 2nd by teams not in the first 10.

• TBChucky

Participant

Meh..

• Greattimes

Participant

How did Trask fare against Alabama versus how did Fields fare against Alabama?

• Bucsfan714

Participant

Former boy….. Lol

Dang auto correct 😂

• obuc

Participant

I know. Lol. I finally read it today. Trask really isn’t a farmer boy but he is on the cerebral introverted end more like brad johnson and brady for that matter.

• Pennywise

Participant

Bump

• Bucko40

Participant

I guess all the Trash doubters will have to sit back and shut up now. I will defer my opinion to the NFL professionals. If Arians and Licht think Trask is the heir apparent to Brady then so be it. Kyle has 2 seasons to learn the playbook and develop physically before taking the reins.

• Bucko40

Participant

good call Pennywise. I figured the Bucs would wait till the 3rd to go QB. I’m good with Trask

• Boid Fink

Participant

There is no fucking way they see Trask as an “heir apparent” to the GOAT. This was a garbage pick, another in a long history of wasted Licht second rounders. I think he personally selects these second rounders. Trash Trask is slow, weak, terrible arm, hands onto the ball…you guys watched him play. Licht at one point thought Aguayo was worthy of a second rounder. Remember this man can turn into a retard at the drop of a hat. Brady win this title. Not Licht.

I guess all the Trash doubters will have to sit back and shut up now. I will defer my opinion to the NFL professionals. If Arians and Licht think Trask is the heir apparent to Brady then so be it. Kyle has 2 seasons to learn the playbook and develop physically before taking the reins.

• Beatles123

Participant

Now you know Lich built this team. Brady being here added key things but to deny Licht any credit at all is insane. Be fair and real. You can say the picks trash, but he’s hit on a lot of em too.

• buc_boi

Participant

🤣🤣🍿🍿

• TCB2W!

Participant

For everyone trashing him about his arm. Per the Draft Network:

Trask’s lower half may need to be reconstructed as it is the root of why most of his passes die in the deeper portions of the field.

So it’s his base and mechanics from the waste down is why he loses power and velocity. That can be fixed and with Brady, BL, and Clyde Christensen will help him fix that.

• Bucman

Participant

“weak arm”

But was #1 in deep ball passes…10 tds 0 ints.

• BucsSavant

Participant

“weak arm”

But was #1 in deep ball passes…10 tds 0 ints.

I admittedly haven’t watched him play enough to have a properly qualified opinion, but from what I e seen he has no issue getting the ball down field. His throws don’t seem to have much velocity, however. Does appear very accurate. As others have stated, there are many in this organization who can evaluate QBs better than I could ever hope to, so I’m willing to reserve condemnation until it is earned.

• buc_boi

Participant

Same people said Winston can throw the deep ball and was NFL ready.

I’ll trust my uncles immaculate track record.

• BucsSavant

Participant

He seems the opposite of Winston in that early on, Winston couldn’t come within 10 feet of a receiver on deep passes, despite his cannon arm. God what a clown. Thrilled to have him on the saints.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I have seen enough of Trask and he is the polar opposite of Winston. Good and bad.

Bucs offense has to be modified to make Trask work IMO. But don’t be surprised if the Bucs draft a QB in 2023.

Build the trenches!

• red816

Participant

Yea I don’t get the Trask hate…

He’s got an interesting story very similar to the Brady’s early years as far as fighting for his opportunities and maximizing them.

I also like Dan Mullen’s QB development history as well.

He’s going to learn so much from Arians, Lefty, Clyde, Tom Moore, AND Brady.

We’ll see what he can do when the time is right.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Fear not, Boid. Trask has been predestined to end up in Canton.

• Pennywise

Participant

We did our homework,” Arians said. “Everything about the guy — he’s accurate, he’s smart; he’s tough; he knows how to move inside the pocket. We don’t draft guys to run. We draft them to throw, and he’s accurate as hell. Really excited about him.

• Pennywise

Participant

The Bucs discussed drafting Trask in the first round, coach Bruce Arians said.

• theknees

Participant

Lolz.

• Greattimes

Participant

Lolz.

Laughing at yourself in front of the mirror again?

• BucsBay

Participant

I really like what Trask did against Georgia and even Alabama from what I’ve watched. He’s a good fit for our offense. I think it will be entertaining to watch him progress however it goes. However you want to criticize his arm, he’s not afraid to push the ball downfield. I think he could well be better than Mac Jones.

• RW

Participant

Well you also thought Brady was a piece of crap last year so your opinion on QBs is worthless.

• garfield

Participant

He’s just mad their former bust of a #1 pick from FSU is no longer on the team and the Bucs invested in a Gator QB, instead. Knees is a total dolt and is always wrong about everything.

• BucHarbour

Participant

Yeah, I think I’ll trust Arians opinion on Trask’s arm strength versus some of the goobers in here. I’ve watched every Gator game he was in. Franks had that cannon arm, but couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn with it. Made terrible decisions at times. Trask was dropping dimes everywhere he threw. I’ve seen him throw dozens of passes 40+ yards down field with perfect placement. Passing the ball isn’t about how hard you can throw it. It’s about putting the ball where the receiver can get it, and making it a catchable ball. His teammates raved about how he throws a catchable ball. Arians raved about him throwing dimes down the deep sideline. I say this with all sincerity, some of you need to keep your day jobs and not go into the business of prognosticating on the NFL.

Five years from now, mark my words, there will be a number of teams all kicking themselves for passing on Trask.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Arians said Gabbert throws missiles and dimes. Ehh…

Yeah, I think I’ll trust Arians opinion on Trask’s arm strength versus some of the goobers in here. I’ve watched every Gator game he was in. Franks had that cannon arm, but couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn with it. Made terrible decisions at times. Trask was dropping dimes everywhere he threw. I’ve seen him throw dozens of passes 40+ yards down field with perfect placement. Passing the ball isn’t about how hard you can throw it. It’s about putting the ball where the receiver can get it, and making it a catchable ball. His teammates raved about how he throws a catchable ball. Arians raved about him throwing dimes down the deep sideline. I say this with all sincerity, some of you need to keep your day jobs and not go into the business of prognosticating on the NFL.

Five years from now, mark my words, there will be a number of teams all kicking themselves for passing on Trask.

• BucHarbour

Participant

I’ll also trust my eyes and what I saw over the last 1 and 4/5ths seasons with him starting. I can easily prove his ability to hit deep passes accurately by just looking at the highlight video. I mean, seriously, it’s easy to disprove the weak arm BS. He doesn’t have a weak arm. He has an above average arm. He just doesn’t have a cannon. Who cares? Most NFL throws are out in 2-3 seconds or the QB is eating the turf. You don’t have time to setup 60 yard routes. You hit the receiver at 40 and let them get the YAC.

• JC5100

Participant

People on here putting too much stock in a meaningless bowl game. 43 TDs and 5 INTs vs the SEC. He’s better than Mac Jones.

• Donkey

Participant

Your not the only one that thinks that. Saw several pundits say they are similar talent wise and the Bucs getting Trask at 64 much better value than Jones at 15.

People on here putting too much stock in a meaningless bowl game. 43 TDs and 5 INTs vs the SEC. He’s better than Mac Jones.

• ryan24

Participant

A rarity. Me and JC on the same page.

• BucHarbour

Participant