Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 45 reply threads

• Author

• Coral Reef BUC

Participant

Jason get on the phone with Jerry and Steven Jones. Now!!! Get this deal done

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Shame.  Collins could have been had for a 7th.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Weedon doesnt look terrible.Although Collins and a pick would work for me... 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fiction

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That would be amazing. I doubt that would ever happen. I wouldn’t mind if they contacted Dallas about Glennon, though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fiction

Agree. People seem to forget he said he would sit out the season if selected late in the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Speculation.No proof he would have actually done it.

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

I can’t see the Cowboys trading a valuable piece for their O-Line for Glennon. If Romo is out for 8 weeks, the remaining weeks Romo will start, and next season he will still be their guy. So acquiring Glennon is of little use to them, plus it’s not like Glennon has a winning record to his name, and Tenow is always available and for nothing too!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fiction

How so?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fiction

Agree. People seem to forget he said he would sit out the season if selected late in the draft.

I said it at the time....i'm calling his bluff!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His word was not good enough? It was not a big deal for him, sit out one season and become a first rounder. More $$$$$$

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't see the Cowboys trading a valuable piece for their O-Line for Glennon. If Romo is out for 8 weeks, the remaining weeks Romo will start, and next season he will still be their guy. So acquiring Glennon is of little use to them, plus it's not like Glennon has a winning record to his name, and Tenow is always available and for nothing too!

Romo is 35, they have to be thinking of the future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fiction

How so?

Worst kind of bs hindsight. Every team passed on him because he was absolutely toxic. Wrongly so as it turned out, but at that time he was very much the guy who murdered his pregnant girlfriend.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe the Eagles will give a us a 1st for him after this game. I mean they did give up Foles and a 2nd for Bradford  ???

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could’ve sworn I remember reading after he signed that his agent said he wasn’t really going to sit out the year. I don’t have a link, anyone else remember hearing that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could've sworn I remember reading after he signed that his agent said he wasn't really going to sit out the year. I don't have a link, anyone else remember hearing that?

The agent said it, I believe in a Peter King column.The bluff wasn't relevant, though. The reason the teams passed on him in the first and second was why they passed on him the rest of the way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think that makes it very relevant. Especially since 2 of our late round picks are no longer on the team. Why not take the risk on the talent?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think that makes it very relevant. Especially since 2 of our late round picks are no longer on the team. Why not take the risk on the GUY WHO MURDER HIS PREGNANT GIRLFRIEND

QFT

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think that makes it very relevant. Especially since 2 of our late round picks are no longer on the team. Why not take the risk on the GUY WHO MURDER HIS PREGNANT GIRLFRIEND

QFT

The guy who the police brought in for questioning in regards to the the murder of his pregnant ex girlfriend. He was never charged, or even considered a suspect....so yea, we should've "wasted" a 7th on him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fiction

How so?

Worst kind of bs hindsight. Every team passed on him because he was absolutely toxic. Wrongly so as it turned out, but at that time he was very much the guy who murdered his pregnant girlfriend.

He was off the board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think that makes it very relevant. Especially since 2 of our late round picks are no longer on the team. Why not take the risk on the talent?

It wasn't relevant to the teams, not relevant information. The teams had decided they weren't drafting him before they made any claims about sitting out the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

QFT

The guy who the police brought in for questioning in regards to the the murder of his pregnant ex girlfriend. He was never charged, or even considered a suspect....so yea, we should've "wasted" a 7th on him.

In hindsight, yes, but check your timing ...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fiction

Bucs would have owned his rights.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

QFT

Nothing wrong with my timinghttp://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/04/lsus_lael_collins_wanted_by_po.htmlHe was never considered a suspect, the police said as much before the draft. It was knee jerk for all nfl teams to completely remove him from their boards...And asinine for us not to consider him with a 7th

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs were pushing a women’s initiative this year (Red), which makes it all the more surprising that they didn’t double down on drafting a “rapist” by throwing be away a 7th round pick the preserve the rights to a guy who murdered his girlfriend and unborn child to avoid support. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fiction

Bucs would have owned his rights.

Only until 10 days before the next draft. Then the Commish would declare him eligible to be redrafted.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs were pushing a women's initiative this year (Red), which makes it all the more surprising that they didn't double down on drafting a "rapist" by throwing be away a 7th round pick the preserve the rights to a guy who murdered his girlfriend and unborn child to avoid support. Lol.

You do realize he didn't kill her right? And the authorities never thought he did. Or am I missing you sarcasm (I can be pretty dense sometimes lol)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fiction

I said it at the time....i'm calling his bluff!!

Especially when we've already cut two other draft picks and another is on IR....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His word was not good enough? It was not a big deal for him, sit out one season and become a first rounder. More $$$$$$

His stock would have slipped. Sitting out a year and being a fat guy?  He would have signed whatever was placed in front of him, IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

QFT

Nothing wrong with my timinghttp://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/04/lsus_lael_collins_wanted_by_po.htmlHe was never considered a suspect, the police said as much before the draft. It was knee jerk for all nfl teams to completely remove him from their boards...And asinine for us not to consider him with a 7th

Lol. Don't check your timing. Ask someone to tell you what the word hindsight means. Lol. By "knee jerk" you mean teams were WRONG to not draft him because he was a potential double murder. Way to argue a point no one disputes. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000490639/article/lael-collins-goes-undrafted-not-eligible-for-16-draft

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

some of you have been drunkin' two mush...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he played it perfectly with a little help from his agent. He knew he would be cleared but no one else did. So they all passed. If you wasted a late rounder on him, all he had to do was sit the season. And become a millionaire 12 months later.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he played it perfectly with a little help from his agent. He knew he would be cleared but no one else did. So they all passed. If you wasted a late rounder on him, all he had to do was sit the season. And become a millionaire 12 months later.

He wasn't taking 7th round money for 4 years...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

QFT

The guy who the police brought in for questioning in regards t o the the murder of his pregnant ex girlfriend. He was never charged, or even considered a suspect....so yea, we should've "wasted" a 7th on him.

Lol. Don't check your timing. Ask someone to tell you what the word hindsight means. Lol. By "knee jerk" you mean teams were WRONG to not draft him because he was a potential double murder. Way to argue a point no one disputes. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000490639/article/lael-collins-goes-undrafted-not-eligible-for-16-draft

Wow, what aren't you understanding. This isn't hindsight because there was never a change in Collins status. He was NEVER considered a suspect. So you saying "the guy who murdered blah blah blah" doesn't fit as an excuse into any context of the whole draft process. Teams got scared for no reason, and someone should've taken a chance on him late.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He wasn't taking 7th round money for 4 years...

Can you blame him? Guy is/was a first round talent all the way. Take a hit like that because of false perception?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The teams had decided they weren't drafting him before they made any claims about sitting out the season.

I think the league decided this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The teams had decided they weren't drafting him before they made any claims about sitting out the season.

Now that's an interesting possibility

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His agent came out and said he was bluffing and he was never a suspect in the murder investigation. It still amazes me that we valued wasting a 7th round pick on someone who probably wouldn’t make the team then draft a player who was a first round talent and call his bluff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now that's an interesting possibility

This isn't a Bucs issue. It's too coincidental that no team would invest a late rounder on a guy who was likely a very high pick for a guard. With all the off the field stuff swirling around the league at that time, I don't think the league wanted a potential problem drafted into the league who they might have to immediately deal with. Had some team taken Collins with a pick after the Bucs final pick, I'd be all over them. I just don't think he was an option to be drafted.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His stock would have slipped. Sitting out a year and being a fat guy?  He would have signed whatever was placed in front of him, IMO.

this was my thought then.....and nothing has changed. Collins or Iosefa? Think about that for a sec.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could've sworn I remember reading after he signed that his agent said he wasn't really going to sit out the year. I don't have a link, anyone else remember hearing that?

do you think this could have been damage control?a team like the pats, the hawks, or even a cowboys drafts him and hes fine playing.  but a team like the Bucs or the jags?  i could actually see him sitting out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fiction

It's a fact, Counselor. No amount of leg-humping can change that fact.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fiction

Glad to see you were able to get up out of the lawn chair.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fiction

Wow, that's some biting humor right there. Seriously, it's not lame at all. Keep up the good work, Counselor.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^^^Doesn’t pay attention.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fiction

Wow, that's some biting humor right there. Seriously, it's not lame at all. Keep up the good work, Counselor.

I can tell by your response.

Please wait…

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.