Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• bucs449

Participant

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2106308-lavonte-david-primed-for-star-turn-under-tutelage-of-lovie-smith«×Team StreamBLEACHER REPORT INC.Free - On the App StoreInstallLavonte David Primed for Star Turn Under Tutelage of Lovie SmithNEXT ARTICLE »Phelan M. Ebenhack/Associated Press Matt BowenJun 24, 20149CommentsShareIn just his second pro season, Lavonte David produced top-tier numbers (145 tackles, seven sacks, five interceptions, two forced fumbles) while showcasing a skill set that meshes with today’s game at the weak-side linebacker position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry, the full article isn’t posting. Check it out though, great read.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, when you try to “michael” … some sites want clicks on their own site.  Can’t really blame them.It's a good article.  Most of what Bowen writes is good.  But, if the Bucs won more than 9 games in his two years, stardom wouldn't require any "turn". 

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Lavonte David was "primed for a star turn" while Lovie was still sitting on his couch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly don’t expect him to have the numbers he did last season.But having lovie around will give him a better shot at the probowl....kinda f'ed up, isn't it?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lavonte David was "primed for a star turn" while Lovie was still sitting on his couch.

Agreed. I wish i could find the thread where i said he would be better than DB. David is an absolute freak of nature at WLB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. I wish i could find the thread where i said he would be better than DB. David is an absolute freak of nature at WLB.

I remember. We were discussing it. You did say that.Still, he has a long way to go before we can crown him db 2.0. But you (we) were correct, he is no doubt a baller. Another season or two of playmaking and I'll be more comfortable saying it.As I said in that thread...it just seems wrong to say that yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I remember. We were discussing it. You did say that.Still, he has a long way to go before we can crown him db 2.0. But you (we) were correct, he is no doubt a baller. Another season or two of playmaking and I'll be more comfortable saying it.As I said in that thread...it just seems wrong to say that yet.

and about 10 years premature!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know hate, I know. Lol.But at some point you have to speculate a little. I mean, we ALL can now say db was a baller, now, but go back to year two of db's career and are we still ready to commit him to greatness before his many, many years of it?A career like db's is toooough to beat in that aspect. Shear talent...maybe, david is a baller..but longevity..who knows?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Saying he’s primed for a star turn now is all fine and dandy but it is a little disrespectful to what he’s done the last couple years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know hate, I know. Lol.But at some point you have to speculate a little. I mean, we ALL can now say db was a baller, now, but go back to year two of db's career and are we still ready to commit him to greatness before his many, many years of it?A career like db's is toooough to beat in that aspect. Shear talent...maybe, david is a baller..but longevity..who knows?

In my opinion, the only thing stopping LD from surpassing DB as the top LB in Bucs history is injury. I think we hit the lotto on the David pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Me too B.But comparing him to brooks is a tough sell, given the amount of time brooks was a baller.  How many seasons did he play without injury, or games missed?Injury is probably the only thing that's going to hinder him, that's true, but brooks was damn near unstoppable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not just injury, perseverance as well. Not only does he have to do it at a high level, he needs to do it at a high level for a long time.

Please wait…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.