Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• BayAreaBuc

Participant

Just seen on twitter of who will be on the show tomorrow and David will be on there. Shows probowl is a  joke

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Rankings are for casual fans.  who cares?  Just  come together as a team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Definitely…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I care! I’m excited for him. I just saw it on twitter and hopped over here to see if you guys had seen it. Congrats Lavonte, keep up the good work.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I understand you dig him, we all do.  The guy is the real deal and he’s only going to get better.  My comment is to the folks who live by rankings.  My point was it’s a waste of time.  It’s like “Power Rankings” which is also a complete waste of time and an invention of ESPN to get more clicks, back in the day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, I get that rankings don’t mean squat but I do enjoy this show. Glad to see Lavonte ranked so high. I kind of lost hope he’d make it!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The rankings are done by the NFL players, not by writers or anyone else.Therefore, Lavonte, I'm proud of you. It goes to show you got the respect of the players around you..

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Wow undoubtably do I see Lavonte as a top 40 player, but it’s great to see other players around the league feeling the same way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

TBH I thought if he did make the list it would have been somewhere lower on the list than this… not because he doesn’t deserve to be this high but because I figured with the lack of recognition he’s gotten and the fact that he’s a newcomer that if he did make it it would be much lower than this. So this is good news, gives me more reason to watch tonight!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The rankings are done by the NFL players, not by writers or anyone else.Therefore, Lavonte, I'm proud of you. It goes to show you got the respect of the players around you..

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Top 20 imo

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree that he’s top 20. I honestly can’t think of another LB I’d take over him if last year is the norm for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree that he's top 20. I honestly can't think of another LB I'd take over him if last year is the norm for him.

Would you take LD over  someone like Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Luck, Peterson (Adrian or Patrick), Geno Atkins, GMAC, D, Revis, Sherman, JJ Watt, Joe Haden, Ngata, V Jax, Larry Fitxz, Megatron, Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, Logan Mankins, Joe Thomas, Matt Kalil?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree that he's top 20. I honestly can't think of another LB I'd take over him if last year is the norm for him.

Would you take LD over  someone like Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Luck, Peterson (Adrian or Patrick), Geno Atkins, GMAC, D, Revis, Sherman, JJ Watt, Joe Haden, Ngata, V Jax, Larry Fitxz, Megatron, Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, Logan Mankins, Joe Thomas, Matt Kalil?

Of those guys, would take him over both Petersons, Atkins, McCoy, Revis, Sherman, Haden, Ngata, all receivers but Megatron, and all Oline.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, some of those guys. I’d take him over Willis though as far as LBs go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, some of those guys. I'd take him over Willis though as far as LBs go. At least at this point in their careers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of those guys, would take him over both Petersons, Atkins, McCoy, Revis, Sherman, Haden, Ngata, all receivers but Megatron, and all Oline.And not saying he's better exactly, but more valuable based on stage in career and his position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly. Would I take him over Fitz in his prime? Eh probably not. But I’d take him over Geno Atkins any day (especially with us having McCoy) and Ngata.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s so hard to compare players like that. A guy like McCoy is an engine that makes a defense work. LD gets to make plays because we have McCoy in the middle. I love LD, but I don’t know if he can make McCoy better as much as McCoy can make LD better. Some positions just carry more weight and McCoy is one of those guys.That being said, I think LD is a Top 20 player in this league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's so hard to compare players like that. A guy like McCoy is an engine that makes a defense work. LD gets to make plays because we have McCoy in the middle. I love LD, but I don't know if he can make McCoy better as much as McCoy can make LD better. Some positions just carry more weight and McCoy is one of those guys.That being said, I think LD is a Top 20 player in this league.

I think he's a top 5 lb'er in the league, I'm just having a hard time saying top 20 guy. There are so many qbs/wrs/cbs that I think I would rather have before LD. I concur that he is highly valuable. Just not sure if Pewter colored glasses are lifting him a bit higher for some.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's so hard to compare players like that. A guy like McCoy is an engine that makes a defense work. LD gets to make plays because we have McCoy in the middle. I love LD, but I don't know if he can make McCoy better as much as McCoy can make LD better. Some positions just carry more weight and McCoy is one of those guys.That being said, I think LD is a Top 20 player in this league.

I think he's a top 5 lb'er in the league, I'm just having a hard time saying top 20 guy. There are so many qbs/wrs/cbs that I think I would rather have before LD. I concur that he is highly valuable. Just not sure if Pewter colored glasses are lifting him a bit higher for some.

I'll be the first to admit that I have a pair of those I wear quite often :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll be the first to admit that I have a pair of those I wear quite often :)

:) It's hard, because he's one heck of a lb'er. we could easily be seeing another El Dragon or Mr. Derrick Brooks materializing before our eyes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok maybe top 20 was a little hasty, I can admit. He’s my favorite player and I’m thinking if he turns out to be a future DB type player then he’s top 20. I would agree that he benefits greatly from having McCoy in front of him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

kuechly will go higher because NFL players respect him more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

kuechly will go higher because NFL players respect him more.

Wasn't he just recently voted one of the most overrated players in the league? By other players?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

TBH I thought if he did make the list it would have been somewhere lower on the list than this... not because he doesn't deserve to be this high but because I figured with the lack of recognition he's gotten and the fact that he's a newcomer that if he did make it it would be much lower than this. So this is good news, gives me more reason to watch tonight!

Exactly how I feel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good debut for Lavonte. He will be higher next year. He now has the visibility accross the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rankings are for casual fans.  who cares?  Just  come together as a team.

Who cares about pro bowl? Its a popularity and name recognition contest. All pro teams are what it's about. Besides LaVonte is a beast and everyone that cares about Tampa or plays against Tampa is well aware of this fact. The guy just amazes.

Please wait…

• lynnst

Participant

Wonder if he lost out on money due to be snubbed?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

when did Brooks start to get national recognition?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

David is beloved.

Please wait…

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.