Viewing 33 reply threads

• Author

• bucinsouthFL

Participant

I know we all know he is good, but DAMN I didn’t realize how much plays he made this season. Special player for sure. Just wanted to share this video (sorry about quality) but I hope this guy is a buc for life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ZWw9p1pYM

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His 2013 season for many franchises would be the best linebacker season ever. It is really only masked here by the fact that we had a hall of famer playing the same spot. He is a hell of a player and frankly I don’t think people across the board,even in Tampa, really appreciate his game enough.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is absolutely amazing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

David isn’t appreciated nearly enough outside of Tampa, as evidenced by his lack of a Pro Bowl birth. He was All Pro but dude should have been in Hawaii with McCoy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have NFL game pass and I re-watched every game this season…David stood out watching the game live…Revisiting it a couple days later, on coaches film, was something to behold…A true force.McCoy as well, especially when they just let him pin his ears back and rush the passer.Both would stand out in some way on damn near every snap!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are we able to say db 2.0?I feel like I'm committing treason for even thinking that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are we able to say db 2.0?I feel like I'm committing treason for even thinking that.

His 2013 was Brooks-ian. I can say that without feeling dirty. If he has more of those years we can say DB 2.0

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His 2013 was Brooks-ian. I can say that without feeling dirty. If he has more of those years we can say DB 2.0

He's actually ahead of Brooks at this time in his career. The thing about DB though was his longevity and preparation COMBINED with his speed and athleticism. If Lavonte can keep it up he will end up in the same company as Brooks, and he is well on his way. It will be so much fun to watch GMC and Lavonte play the Sapp/Brooks roles in the traditional Tampa 2 this year. I can't wait to watch them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's what I was thinking. But so we attribute his sack stats and btl stats to the system, or his playing ability? After all, schiano did have him doing a awful lot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His 2013 season for many franchises would be the best linebacker season ever. It is really only masked here by the fact that we had a hall of famer playing the same spot. He is a hell of a player and frankly I don't think people across the board,even in Tampa, really appreciate his game enough.

This is so true.  His in play instincts are as good as any player at the position today.  Reason to hope.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's what I was thinking. But so we attribute his sack stats and btl stats to the system, or his playing ability? After all, schiano did have him doing a awful lot.

Ability. Schemes create opportunities, ability converts to stats.  He might not pile up the sacks stats with Lovie because he won't blitz as much.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ability. Schemes create opportunities, ability converts to stats.  He might not pile up the sacks stats with Lovie because he won't blitz as much.

True.So you then think his int and ff stats will inflate? Because I could definitely see that in a lovie based scheme.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope him and Derrick can build a relationship like Gmac and Sapp has. I feel like those two have a good relationship with Sapp being a big mentor to McCoy. I hope Derrick is in Lavonte ear helping him out and giving him tips mentoring him to be successful.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was one of the reasons I was still excited to watch the games last season, even down the stretch when we had a horrendous record. I still loved watching him play

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some teams, like the Colts, are able to get two franchise QBs per generation.....Tampa has Will LBers. Getting excited about this defense, folks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some teams, like the Colts, are able to get two franchise QBs per generation.....Tampa has Will LBers. Getting excited about this defense, folks.

On paper, last year, ..I was convinced we could've had a top defense.Schiano's horrible schemes worked against the players talents imo, so had we had a legit coach (like lovie), we would have been a top ten.And because of lovie, and some players like mccoy and david, I think we have a strong case for a top ten defense. And if not this year, certainly next.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This year. 

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

I love me some Derrick Brooks also and I’m a fan also.  But lets be honest, David is a real beast, and I don’t care what people think and are afraid to say, David is just better.  Now if David falls apart from here on out the rest of his career then no, He didn’t measure up.  Most people myself included just associate Brooks with the great defense, the players, and the super bowl we had, and because of this not anyone can measure up.  Brooks was really great, but it is very possible that another player can come along and be better.  So far David is better not only statistically but on the field as well.  Just my opinion..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Better to this point in his NFL career.  Agreed

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we’ll continue to use David as a pass rusher more than Brooks or Briggs did because he is actually a very good pass rusher. It may not be how we stereotypically use our WLB in the Tampa Two….but you have to take advantage of the special abilities you are handed. This instantaneous correction and wrap up tackle isn't something most guys can do. Most guys will slip, fall, or at least slow down to change directions right there. David corrects his path to the ball carrier without hesitation and always ends with a perfect wrap up tackle. It would be a crime to not have him rushing the passer. http://youtu.be/Uisig1H6F0A?t=2m33sWatch this whole video if you haven't seen it. The quality gets a little crazy for some of it, but it's pretty good overall. Shows a lot of examples of how David has this Matrix like ability to see his path through a sea of players and active carnage....and just shoot through nearly untouched to the ball carrier. It's crazy. This kid really is so special.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree Jdub. His ability to shed blockers is elite. It’s like he reads their mind on where they are going and goes the opposite way lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can’t wait to see LVD in the Tampa 2!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

40 TFL over the last two seasons. Only player in the league with more is JJ Watt. 56 Run Stuffs over the last two seasons. Only player in the league with more is JJ Watt. Over the last two seasons he is also 4th in the league in solo tackles with 212. Would be a huge mistake to pull him back away from the LoS.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

40 TFL over the last two seasons. Only player in the league with more is JJ Watt. 56 Run Stuffs over the last two seasons. Only player in the league with more is JJ Watt. Over the last two seasons he is also 4th in the league in solo tackles with 212. Would be a huge mistake to pull him back away from the LoS.

No, it would be a huge mistake to take him off the field, which is what Lovie is doing by not giving him the green dot. If I see LVD off the field for a second, i'll be mega pissed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m telling you guys, this overgeneralizing with saying the Bucs will play all Tampa 2 pretty much is ridiculous. I work for a mid major college team and even we have tons of different coverages and checks based on formation, personnel, situation, route development, splits, etc. The Bucs will run a ton of different shit like every team in any level of football. Saying a team plays Cover 2 is not that simple. So many coaches teach their guys to do different things within coverages vs all those different things I mentioned.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah. People do forget that the t2 can be played at certain times or areas of the field, rather than it being their predominate set. OR, they can call the t2 as a base form defense, and then use it with different looks incorporated.To say "lovie is going to run a t2" could still mean a whole bunch of things.In all likelihood, lovie will most likely use him ad a blitzing LB, and foster and/or draftee will work in coverage. Just because LD might not have the dot, doesn't mean he won't continue to be a beast, or his time of play changes.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Lavonte is a beast. Still upset he wasn’t really put in the DPOY running this year. Hopefully Bucs start to get better so he gets the popularity around the league he deserves.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yo redwood! See you in the draft chat next week! :D

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Of course Beats. Couldn’t be more excited for it!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And he will only get better with this coach. He progressed so much in coverage last year which was his only weakness. Helluva special player. He overcame a terrible scheme. In Lovies defense he will be one of the best ever. Bank on it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

David getting a little love. He is PFF’s ideal prototypical 4-3 WLB.https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/04/30/2014-defensive-prototypes-linebackers/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I need a baller David wallpaper and Google is not providing that for me. Somebody help a guy out! Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I need a baller David wallpaper and Google is not providing that for me. Somebody help a guy out! Lol

You can use one of these if you like.hi-res-453965459-linebacker-lavonte-david-of-the-tampa-bay-buccaneers_crop_exact.jpgLaVonte.jpg6992ff5d-d269-4a86-b4a5-1d4fbc82cdd1.jpgKWUIGYNVMMSALMN20131203160813.jpglavonte-kim-klement_1.jpg54Sigpic.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Much appreciated JDub!

Please wait…

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.