Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 27 reply threads

• Author

• Bucman

Participant

2 years 25 million. Let’s gooo

• obuc

Participant

great deal. 12.5 per is a good deal. that will help to sign the rest. see if they can get shaq and Suh

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by obuc.

• Pennywise

Participant

Cheap deal , nice

• RHBucsFan

Participant

You thought he was gone. Happy you were wrong. Shaq is next, then Suh.

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

Licht is making it happen. I take back all the bad things I said about him long ago. Welcome back LD. #LFG

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Told ya he wasn’t going anywhere. He’s got a ring and wants another one. He’s going to retire as a Buc.

• Pennywise

Participant

$20 million guaranteed.

• Bucman

Participant

Only 3.5 million dollar cap hit. Greenberg is a fucking genius.

• obuc

Participant

wow, you’re kidding. 3.5 now and 20.5 guaranteed next year?

• Welsh Buc

Participant

Need some players to kick some pay down the road now (even after Brady does).

Great start though!

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Boom!!! LFG!

Shaq is next, let’s minke it happen.

• Pennywise

Participant

It’ll be a five-year deal with three voidable years for LB Lavonte David that keeps his cap number at a manageable $3.5 million for the #Buccaneers this year. Voidable years are all the rage this year as teams maneuver around the cap decrease

• m_j

Participant

sounds great! should leave enough cap space to play with!

• BucBalla85

Participant

Yaaasss!! So happy David is back!

• FLASH

Participant

He wanted to stay here. Lots of blood, sweat, and tears in Tampa from David. Now that he is able to smile he wants to stay. Good deal. We need him.

• 3rd String Kicker

This guy belongs in the ring in the honor some day.

• buc_boi

Participant

Hell yeah, Jason licht is the MAN!

And some of you doubted my uncle, shame on you!

• spartan

Participant

Voidable years, 3.5 cap hit, 20 guaranteed!!

Anyone know how this works out? Unless we are paying him $17 million next year, or he has a signing bonus, which means we are back to the days of dead cap, I’m not following!

• buc_boi

Participant

It’s basically mostly all guaranteed next season, some 20 mill.

Glazers are all in it seems.

• Pennywise

Participant

Bucs aren’t dumb , they won’t jeopardize future cap for short term .

Not to mention, talk is cap will be close to 250 million in a few years .

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

YESSSS! Keep the band together. We love the music.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Fantastic!

Get Shaq and Suh back and the Bucs are cooking on defense.

Build the trenches!

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Hell yeah

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Glad to have LVD back!

According to Sportrac, after franchising Godwin, the Bucs are -$397k. If LVD’s 2021 contract is $3.5 mil, then we need to expect some contract re-structuring and/or cutting of players. Gholston makes $5.5 mil. I think C Jensen would be a way to save money by cutting his $10 mil, move Cappa to Center and draft a RG this year in the first two rounds. But it’ll be Licht thinking Stinnie can be starting RG.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Why do you promote cutting Jensen on every single thread? Fool.

• buc_boi

Participant

Because he’s incapable of accepting the fact he’s wrong about the oline.

And it’s like every single topic he posts in too, isn’t it.

• JC5100

Participant

1. Jensen is an average center.
        2. The cap value for the #16 center is $3.5M
        3. Jensen’s cap hit is $10M
        4. Do the math.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

You don’t leave a good thing at David’s age he officially accomplished everything now it’s time to finish his career a Buccaneer.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Jensen is not getting cut…

Players need to be stepping up and taking small cuts, or asking for salary converted to bonus (gotta get in the Glazers pocketbook)…

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Important to get him back with white to continue his growth, not as important as shaq but close. Every other defensive free agent can be replaced cheap, including suh, and that is where we need to leverage solid aging vets wanting to play with a winner at a discount.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Greenberg is earning every penny of his salary right now.

• buc_boi

Participant

Greenberg?

You mean Jason licht don’t you, after all he’s the general manager?

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

@buc_boi,

From the official website:

Greenberg works directly with General Manager Jason Licht on all aspects of the salary cap, contract negotiations, compliance with the NFL’s Collective Bargaining Agreement, as well as the club’s financial and strategic planning. He also oversees budgeting for all football operations, including the coaching, scouting, video, athletic training, equipment, groundskeeping, strength and conditioning and player development departments.

During the 2020 offseason, Greenberg was vital in negotiating six-time Super Bowl winning quarterback, Tom Brady’s two-year contract. He also oversaw the re-signings of Jason Pierre-Paul and Ndamukong Suh. He was also listed on The Athletic’s “NFL 40 Under 40: The rising stars shaping the direction of the NFL.”

In his role as Director of Football Administration, Greenberg has overseen long-term contract extensions for linebacker Lavonte David and wide receiver Mike Evans, each of whom have earned Pro Bowl honors during their time with Tampa Bay. Greenberg has also worked on extensions for offensive linemen Ali Marpet and Donovan Smith, both of whom have been starters since joining the team in the 2015 NFL Draft.

Here’s an in-depth article on Greenberg, also corroborates in the signing of Brady: link

Greenberg is the money guy. Even Licht praises Greenberg being the money. It’s nice to give kudos to Greenberg.

But then again, you’d have to have the capacity to incorporate depth and nuance in one’s mind. Oh well, could only lead a horse to water.

• buc_boi

Participant

Here’s an in-depth article on Greenberg, also corroborates in the signing of Brady: link

Greenberg is the money guy. Even Licht praises Greenberg being the money. It’s nice to give kudos to Greenberg.

Let me rephrase my original post into a question for you, so you can fully understand my point, since my point eludes you…

Would you licht haters blame mike Greenberg or Jason licht had we dropped the ball on LVD 54?

Get it now?

But then again, you’d have to have the capacity to incorporate depth and nuance in one’s mind. Oh well, could only lead a horse to water.

Never did understand the superiority complex you brainless followers have, I’m just glad you went a post without regurgitating the same talking point again, “cut jenson, save 10 million”, so bravo to you for growing out of that brainless parrot phase you were stuck in.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

No, I didn’t mean Jason Licht.

I meant Mike Greenberg. The team’s “capologist”.

He’s done a great job managing these salaries and maximizing the limited cap space that we have.

And, his ability to bring back the greatest linebacker to wear a Buc’s uniform since Brooks, in the capacity that he did…is phenomenal IMO.

Now, let’s see if he can complete the trifecta with Shaq.

• buc_boi

Participant

No, I didn’t mean Jason Licht.

I meant Mike Greenberg. The team’s “capologist”.

He’s done a great job managing these salaries and maximizing the limited cap space that we have.

And, his ability to bring back the greatest linebacker to wear a Buc’s uniform since Brooks, in the capacity that he did…is phenomenal IMO.

Now, let’s see if he can complete the trifecta with Shaq.

Bwhahahahaha!

Oh lord, help this man!

Y’all licht haters have no limit when it comes to your denial!

I mean I seriously wish I lived in this reality where general managers aren’t responsible for the construction of their own rosters, or where you draft a middle linebacker for #1 pass defense… must be in Fiji or somewhere like that!

Guess I’ll ask you the same question I just asked Hockey Duckie, would you blame Mike Greenberg or Jason licht had we dropped the ball on LVD54?

Amazes me how everything negative is lichts fault, yet everything Positive is Greenberg or Brady’s doing.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Guess I’ll ask you the same question I just asked Hockey Duckie, would you blame Mike Greenberg or Jason licht had we dropped the ball on LVD54?

I wouldn’t have blamed either one. It was a tricky situation in a few ways.

Obviously, the diminished cap is an issue for almost every team this year.

Greenberg worked out a great deal IMO that kept our best LB on the roster.

So, like I said, I’m hoping to see if he can work his magic on a deal with Shaq (assuming he wants to stay).

• buc_boi

Participant

Quality troll job, DH

10/10