Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 58 reply threads

• Author

• CaptainStagger

Participant

@NFLosophy: If Miami fires Joe Philbin, Bucs should call Bill Lazor to be their OC for their new QB. Lazor comes from Chip Kelly's offensive tutelage.We could only dream....#loviewouldnever

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like! Hell, hire Philban as OL coach.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I said this before. Get Bill Lazor for OC

• Anonymous

Inactive

if the pick is going to be Mariota then definitely get a guy familiar with that offenseif its Winston then maybe hire Chudzinski?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would take Lazor or even Philbin if he’d come. He was a hell of an OC in Green Bay.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would take Lazor or even Philbin if he'd come. He was a hell of an OC in Green Bay.

He was? He didn't even call the plays there.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That would be swell. The guy is already an OC plus familiarity with Mariota/Oregon. Sign me up!

• Anonymous

Inactive

That NfLosophy moron is back ?? The fired events coordinator ? Lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dolphins offense has been ranked 19th, 27th and 27th over the last three years. Why would we want their OC? Just because he has old ties to Chip Kelly? Seems like a stretch unless I am missing something.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dolphins offense has been ranked 19th, 27th and 27th over the last three years. Why would we want their OC? Just because he has old ties to Chip Kelly? Seems like a stretch unless I am missing something.

And yet Lovie hired Frazer as his DC....

• Anonymous

Inactive

valid point but its also not like the Dolphins have had a ton of talent on offense. their offensive line in particular has been well below average for years. not to mention Tannehill is their QB and hes average at best

• Anonymous

Inactive

valid point but its also not like the Dolphins have had a ton of talent on offense. their offensive line in particular has been well below average for years. not to mention Tannehill is their QB and hes average at best

Well our roster sucks too....so what would change?

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's only been there this year. The OC before him was Mike Sherman.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well our roster sucks too....so what would change?

better QB hopefully

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's only been there this year. The OC before him was Mike Sherman.

Yeah, can't really knock him for Sherman's failure to put on a jersey......

• Anonymous

Inactive

this is his first year with them and by old ties do you mean like in last year?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ah ok. Didn’t know this was his first year. Still….19th ranked offense isn’t anything to be overly excited about and the little I have watched of the Dolphins, they don’t look exciting or innovative. What is it about him that we want? What does he do that would bring something new and exciting to Tampa? I’m asking cause I don’t know jack about the guy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ah ok. Didn't know this was his first year. Still....19th ranked offense isn't anything to be overly excited about and the little I have watched of the Dolphins, they don't look exciting or innovative. What is it about him that we want? What does he do that would bring something new and exciting to Tampa? I'm asking cause I don't know jack about the guy.

He noticed Tannehill doesn't throw the deep ball well so he went away from it. He recognized Tannehill is a limited passer but good athlete so he's being using the read option. He has Tannehill completing 70% of his passes for a good stretch of the season. He calls plays to the QBs strengths. He uses Lamar Miller to best of his abilities because he's not a true workhouse and he's been moving Jarvis Landry around to create favorable matchups. I like Bill Lazor.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have noticed Tannehill playing better this season. I thought he was an awful draft pick and was surprised to see him playing well. If that is due to Lazor…sign me up. Besides, there are endless laser jokes/puns if he ends up sucking.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Replacing Warhop and Arroyo are top of the list needs among coaches going into next season. We all expect Lovie to be back. Arroyo is fine as a QB coach, but NOT a legit OC… Philbin would be a good choice on the O’line, unless he gets tabbed to be a HC elsewhere…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Replacing Warhop and Arroyo are top of the list needs among coaches going into next season. We all expect Lovie to be back. Arroyo is fine as a QB coach, but NOT a legit OC... Philbin would be a good choice on the O'line, unless he gets tabbed to be a HC elsewhere...

+1

• Anonymous

Inactive

Replacing Warhop and Arroyo are top of the list needs among coaches going into next season. We all expect Lovie to be back. Arroyo is fine as a QB coach, but NOT a legit OC... Philbin would be a good choice on the O'line, unless he gets tabbed to be a HC elsewhere...

Keep Arroyo as Mariota's quarterback coach? Yikes.  :-

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lazor is a firm believer in up tempo. He knows that an offense has a severe advantage when it can run quick enough that the defense can’t not sub. Catching the nickel CB on the field allowing for better runs, or catching a slow footed LB on the field and being able to force mismatches in the passing game. Not to mention the fact that he is tailoring his offense to his personnel.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie Smith and a fast paced offense seem like oil and water.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy had only one year of experience working with a Chip Kelly offense and it was last year. I do like the job he has done in Miami, though on paper it looks pedestrian. I seriously doubt if Philbin is fired after this season however. The only person holding the Dolphins back from competing in the playoffs is Ryan Tannehill. This year the AFC has been ultra-competitive and so has AFC East. Dolphins could do much worse than a coach that has coached his team to a 9-7 record in an year they had to play the AFC West and NFC North.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lazor has a cool name .

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie Smith and a fast paced offense seem like oil and water.

#Tedford

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lazor is a firm believer in up tempo. He knows that an offense has a severe advantage when it can run quick enough that the defense can't not sub. Catching the nickel CB on the field allowing for better runs, or catching a slow footed LB on the field and being able to force mismatches in the passing game. Not to mention the fact that he is tailoring his offense to his personnel.

That just sealed his fate of never being Lovie's guy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie will hire Lazor and then tell him we are going slow ball control tempo … and if he doesn’t like it  ??  Go have a heart attack.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie will hire Lazor and then tell him we are going slow ball control tempo ... and if he doesn't like it  ??  Go have a heart attack.

Maybe we should draft Winston, maybe Winston has the balls to tell lovie to take his offense and go f himself.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie will hire Lazor and then tell him we are going slow ball control tempo ... and if he doesn't like it  ??  Go have a heart attack.

Maybe we should draft Winston, maybe Winston has the balls to tell lovie to take his offense and go f himself.

so we can have another RGIII on our hands?

• Anonymous

Inactive

RGMe was good for one season, but it doesn't matter what qb we draft, we have one of the (censored)tiest coaches in the league who is too damn dumb to realize he is a huge mistake. No qb will succeed here with Lovie Smith as the HC/OC/DC/etC.

• Anonymous

Inactive

on the same note Mariota could turn into RGIII if he gets injured and cant adjust to an NFL offensetaking a QB is a gamble either way

• Anonymous

Inactive

on the same note Mariota could turn into RGIII if he gets injured and cant adjust to an NFL offensetaking a QB is a gamble either way

just like how immature Winston can turn in to a Vince Young. His numbers and play already took a nosedive... but good news, his trouble numbers have been consistent.It's a gamble either way.

• Anonymous

Inactive

just like how immature Winston can turn in to a Vince Young. His numbers and play already took a nosedive.It's a gamble either way.

exactly. Winston could turn into Andrew Luck or Ryan LeafMariota could turn into Randall Cunningham or RGIIIits a gamble either way

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota is the next Steve Young. Pull the trigger and dont look back.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So we'll draft him, play him a bit, trade him, and he'll be a star for another team?

• Anonymous

Inactive

No this time we wont be idiots !

• Anonymous

Inactive

So we'll draft him, play him a bit, trade him, and he'll be a star for another team?

bahahaha you read my mind-its a bucs life

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only way the Bucs are getting Lazor is if they fire Lovie and hire Lazor as the HC.  Lazor is going to be a HC soon in the NFL.  It might even be as soon as next season with San Francisco if they fire Harbaugh.  Lazor is a pipe dream.