Viewing 123 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers"Before anyone ever cared where I would play basketball, I was a kid from Northeast Ohio. It’s where I walked. It’s where I ran. It’s where I cried. It’s where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I’m their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now."I'm not surprised at all. Miami is done (not enough star power left to carry him), so it makes sense that he ran back to a team with young talent. There should be a flurry of signings now I imagine.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a LeBron fan but I like it…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t wait to see the team Miami assembles now. Bosh will most likely go to Houston, how can Wade possibly re-sign with a team that will no doubt be horrible? They are going to have to fill their entire roster in one free agency period. It will be interesting to see the contract he signs, it can only be four years but I want to see if it includes any player options. If it does this madness might happen again in 2-3 years. He's already in his 30's, I think he has 3-4 years max to win championships. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he never wins another one again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone posted on FB 3/$20 mill per..no idea if that is accurate though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t believe Dwyane Wade opted out of a guaranteed $42 million the next two years for this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, Wade is the odd man out now. Houston for some reason offered the max to Bosh, but nobody is offering that for Wade. He’ll never recover that money and he’s no longer able to carry a franchise by himself because of his health. It’s going to be very interesting to see where he goes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't believe Dwyane Wade opted out of a guaranteed $42 million the next two years for this.

Him opting OUT was the only way to TRY to get LeBron back. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't believe Dwyane Wade opted out of a guaranteed $42 million the next two years for this.

Him opting OUT was the only way to TRY to get LeBron back.

Maybe so but they're friends. LeBron could have easily said "I'm out but make sure you get yours."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reports are Houston will sign Bosh and also match the Parsons offer. This means that four players, Harden/Dwight/Bosh/Parsons, will account for over 71 million. The luxury tax threshold is 76.8 million. They are going to have to go way into tax territory just to fill out there team. They’ll have a very strong starting 5, but their bench is going to be horrific.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll root for lebron in cleveland. New cavs fan here!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My favorite part is him giving the letter to SI and not ESPN. Love it.  I hate ESPN. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll be very surprised if one of SA/OKC/Houston/Dallas doesn’t win the title next season. In an extremely weak east Cleveland might make it to the Finals (though I wouldn’t bet on it), but that team doesn’t stand a chance against any of those four teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll be very surprised if one of SA/OKC/Houston/Dallas doesn't win the title next season. In an extremely weak east Cleveland might make it to the Finals (though I wouldn't bet on it), but that team doesn't stand a chance against any of those four teams.

all depends on health, age, love, and how quickly blatts schemes take hold.  Will be intersting this season for sure with all the new dynamics and teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trading Andrew Wiggins & chumps for Kevin Love would REALLY make Cleveland a contender……

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't wait to see the team Miami assembles now. Bosh will most likely go to Houston, how can Wade possibly re-sign with a team that will no doubt be horrible? They are going to have to fill their entire roster in one free agency period.

Cleveland apparently has Miami's first round pick next year from the original Lebron sign-and-trade.  I've seen conflicting reports as to whether it's top 5 or top 10 protected, but either way, I don't think they're going to *want* to field a particularly competitive team next year.  We may see Philly-levels of tanking on their part.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't wait to see the team Miami assembles now. Bosh will most likely go to Houston, how can Wade possibly re-sign with a team that will no doubt be horrible? They are going to have to fill their entire roster in one free agency period.

Cleveland apparently has Miami's first round pick next year from the original Lebron sign-and-trade.  I've seen conflicting reports as to whether it's top 5 or top 10 protected, but either way, I don't think they're going to *want* to field a particularly competitive team next year.  We may see Philly-levels of tanking on their part.

Wow I totally forgot about that. That would be hilarious if Cleveland got Miami's 1st round pick after they collapse.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah this is a brutal turn of events for Miami, and I love it. If I'm Wade I'm going to OKC, even if it's for the minimum. They need a SG and he could be a complimentary piece, play about 24 minutes a night with a game off here and there. Imagine they make it to the finals and beat the Cavs. Talk about a story.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That pick is Top 10 protected for 2015 and 2016. Unprotected in 2016. Also have the Grizzles pick that is protected 1-5 and 15-30 in 2015, 1-5 and 15-30 in 2016, 1-5 in 2017 or 1-5 in 2018, unprotected in 2019.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trading Andrew Wiggins & chumps for Kevin Love would REALLY make Cleveland a contender......

Wiggins is staying...Love to C Town though for a 1st rounder and some dirt

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cavs have told Wiggins he won’t be traded.I believe they did offer the Twolves, Waiters, Benntter and a first rounder.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Magic fan first but I’ve said I’ll pull for LeBron wherever he goes. He is the best player in the league and if anyone can give a dormat franchise hope and turn them around it’s LeBron

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now to watch Wiggins in tonights summer league game. In the words of Ice Cube, Today was a good day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, Bosh going back to Miami. I NEVER would have guessed that, I think he’s sick of playing with other stars and wants to be the main guy again. What a bizarre offseason. https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/487713088951447552Chris Bosh is finalizing an agreement to return to Miami on a five-year, $118M deal, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.edit: Btw, this is a flawless example of a player taking money over winning. We pretty much know what Bosh is all about now, he's content with his two rings and now couldn't care less.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, Bosh going back to Miami. I NEVER would have guessed that, I think he's sick of playing with other stars and wants to be the main guy again. What a bizarre offseason. https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/487713088951447552Chris Bosh is finalizing an agreement to return to Miami on a five-year, $118M deal, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.edit: Btw, this is a flawless example of a player taking money over winning. We pretty much know what Bosh is all about now, he's content with his two rings and now couldn't care less.

Bosh is now the highest paid player in the NBA  :o

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Miami was screwed…overpaid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was destiny for LeBron.  I am happy for him and Cav fans.  He is 29 now, so he has some great years left.  If he was 36-37, and signed with the Cavs as a token gesture, different story.I wouldn't blow up the Cav team though, like many are suggesting.  They should see what they have in Bennett, and Wiggins.  Then after the season, if they still feel they need Love, they could get him for nothing. He will be a FA after next season.  I think that is a better plan than giving up 2-3 first rounders.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was destiny for LeBron.  I am happy for him and Cav fans.  He is 29 now, so he has some great years left.  If he was 36-37, and signed with the Cavs as a token gesture, different story.I wouldn't blow up the Cav team though, like many are suggesting.  They should see what they have in Bennett, and Wiggins.  Then after the season, if they still feel they need Love, they could get him for nothing. He will be a FA after next season.  I think that is a better plan than giving up 2-3 first rounders.

Problem is, we won't have the cap space to do so.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought a few of these were pretty good.14628788911_a892ea19b1.jpg14631581602_2572cec499.jpg14628789001_eaa5b7d3d7.jpg14629914374_12e6e5ebdf.jpg14445427958_12b65db34a.jpg14445628667_c5db783b5d.jpg14629914574_675a6cab40.jpg14628789201_8ca19af173.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Cavs have offered Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett and a future first round pick to the Wolves for Kevin Love. (ICYMI)Man if we could pull that off.. Irving-Wiggins-Lebron-Love-Andy.That would be the best line up in the East by far. Pacers have nothing on that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No chance that happens. In fact it has already been rejected. Think about what you’re hoping for lol. Arguably the best PF in the game for a next to useless 1st round pick, a very average SG and a guy with a 1st overall pick salary that played more like a 2nd round pick. Minnesota shot that down immediately. They don’t have to trade the guy, they’ll just wait for a better offer (of which there will be many). Even the package Golden State is offering, David Lee, Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green, and a 1st round pick is far better and Minnesota still won’t even accept that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t believe how much Miami offered Bosh. That’s a total panic move. Bosh is going to be the new Rashard Lewis.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't believe how much Miami offered Bosh. That's a total panic move. Bosh is going to be the new Rashard Lewis.

Max contract for a soft stretch four. Horrible contract.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't believe how much Miami offered Bosh. That's a total panic move. Bosh is going to be the new Rashard Lewis.

Except when Orlando gave that contract to Rashard, it immediately made them contenders. Bosh doesn't bring that to Miami, so it's far worse.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Riley's attempt to save face.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No chance that happens. In fact it has already been rejected. Think about what you're hoping for lol. Arguably the best PF in the game for a next to useless 1st round pick, a very average SG and a guy with a 1st overall pick salary that played more like a 2nd round pick. Minnesota shot that down immediately. They don't have to trade the guy, they'll just wait for a better offer (of which there will be many). Even the package Golden State is offering, David Lee, Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green, and a 1st round pick is far better and Minnesota still won't even accept that.

TWolves are nuts if they think they're gonna get much more than that though. Look at what the Magic got for Dwight Howard, its a pretty similar deal and we even take Kevin Martin contract off them, which theyve been trying to get rid of. Bennett played decent yesterday and is in much better shape. That offer from the Golden State is pretty trash tbh. Harrison Barnes hasn't done anything. David Lee has a pretty bad contract for a rebuilding team. Draymond Green is decent. Also we have Miami first rounder which could be a good pick this year or next. Its only Top 10 protected for 2 years. This :Mike Cairns ?@MikeCairns5  3mCavs working three team deal w/ Warriors/TWolves. Warriors get multiple 1st rnd picks. Wolves get Klay and Tristan Thompson. Love to Cavs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Riley's attempt to save face.

Agree.  But he should have blown the whole team up.  Get rid of the high price contracts, gain cap room, tryout some youngsters. It would be a rough season, but then after that, they would have a high draft pick, cap room, and a good idea if any of the young players were worth keeping going forward.  Bosh returning is a 118 million dollar band aid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The last time Chris Bosh was the best player on his team, he was 26 and the Raptors went 40-42. Now he’s 30 and will be making like $30 million when he’s 35. Horrible. And now how can they not give Wade a max or near max deal? He’s the one the fans actually care about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw Wiggins playing in the summer league Friday.  He looked great. He has a nice soft jumper, and was scoring with it from all over the court.  He does look a bit skinny though.  Even though he is 200lbs.  Its spread pretty thin over his 6-8 frame.  But he is only 19 years old, and I suspect he will fill out going forward. The Cavs would have been bat shit crazy to trade him. IMO    I think he is going to turn out to be a great NBA player.  Hopefully he can bulk up a bit. Seasoned NBA players will beat the hell out of him the way he is now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4qBuEYciYc&feature=player_detailpage

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw Wiggins playing in the summer league Friday.  He looked great. He has a nice soft jumper, and was scoring with it from all over the court.  He does look a bit skinny though.  Even though he is 200lbs.  Its spread pretty thin over his 6-8 frame.  But he is only 19 years old, and I suspect he will fill out going forward. The Cavs would have been bat **CENSORED** crazy to trade him. IMO    I think he is going to turn out to be a great NBA player.  Hopefully he can bulk up a bit. Seasoned NBA players will beat the hell out of him the way he is now.

You certainly dont trade him for Love.  He's as trumped up as any player I have heard of in a while.  He's a good player but he's not going to improve.  Wiggins will be a beast in the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw Wiggins playing in the summer league Friday.  He looked great. He has a nice soft jumper, and was scoring with it from all over the court.  He does look a bit skinny though.  Even though he is 200lbs.  Its spread pretty thin over his 6-8 frame.  But he is only 19 years old, and I suspect he will fill out going forward. The Cavs would have been bat **CENSORED** crazy to trade him. IMO    I think he is going to turn out to be a great NBA player.  Hopefully he can bulk up a bit. Seasoned NBA players will beat the hell out of him the way he is now.

You certainly dont trade him for Love.  He's as trumped up as any player I have heard of in a while.  He's a good player but he's not going to improve.  Wiggins will be a beast in the league.

Didn't Wiggins disappear at times last season? Is there talent there? Of course. I don't know if I'd package him in a trade for love; but I don't think a guy who is basically a lock for 20 points and 13 boards a night grows on trees. And he's definitely not trumped up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't Wiggins disappear at times last season? Is there talent there? Of course. I don't know if I'd package him in a trade for love; but I don't think a guy who is basically a lock for 20 points and 13 boards a night grows on trees. And he's definitely not trumped up.

Plus he has 3pt range. He is definitely being undervalued.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plus he has 3pt range. He is definitely being undervalued.

He's been mentioned in MVP talks for the last few years. The guy is the real deal. Wiggins is unknown. Love is proven.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My problem with Love is he is a one way player and you can’t give up the farm for a player who offers nothing on D. Yes he is a good rebounder and scorer but he will get killed in the playoffs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My problem with Love is he is a one way player and you can't give up the farm for a player who offers nothing on D. Yes he is a good rebounder and scorer but he will get killed in the playoffs.

Wiggins has a much better upside than Love.  Love is getting more credit for his game as a FA than he ever did playing. He's a nice piece but Wiggins is not a player you trade.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My problem with Love is he is a one way player and you can't give up the farm for a player who offers nothing on D. Yes he is a good rebounder and scorer but he will get killed in the playoffs.

Wiggins has a much better upside than Love.  Love is getting more credit for his game as a FA than he ever did playing. He's a nice piece but Wiggins is not a player you trade.

Love got plenty of credit for his game while he was playing. Again, Love is a proven star. Wiggins is potential.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cavs won’t trade him. Theyve already told his camp multiple times he is safe and off limits. The franchise is still in damage control after that Gilbert letter years ago and trading someone after you told them they were safe would really be screwed up.I will be shocked if Waiters is on the roster when the season starts though. He will be a part of some trade for a big if that Love trade never pans out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like I said, I don’t think I could trade him either. But, if they were able to swing Love and keep Wiggins. That could be potentially scary!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like I said, I don't think I could trade him either. But, if they were able to swing Love and keep Wiggins. That could be potentially scary!

He is defitnitly a nice player. But its the price that is a problem, at least for me. Why give up the #1 pick in the draft for him, when he will be a free agent after next season. They could sign him then for big money only, and not lose a future key to the franchise in Wiggins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Risky move assuming Minnesota wont deal him elsewhere.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Minnesota is going to lose Love for nothing if they really thing theyre gonna get Wiggins in a trade for him. We have more pieces then most teams can offer without giving up our core. Almost time to just move on and let Minnesota be the team that gets desperate. If I’m the Cavs I wait till the trade deadline when Love is still there and offer them trash just because they waited. Because we don’t need Love to win in the East. This team could make the Finals as is IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Risky move assuming Minnesota wont deal him elsewhere.

I doubt anyone will pay their asking price. But even so. It won't be the end of the world if Love is not a Cav, now or after next season. Nice player, but worth 3 first round picks, like some are suggesting?  No way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they signed Lebron for longer than 2 years, I think they trade Wiggins. Even though he claims he’ll re-sign how can you really trust the guy? They can’t let Wiggins go without having Lebron locked up long term. If he left again they would be screwed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they signed Lebron for longer than 2 years, I think they trade Wiggins. Even though he claims he'll re-sign how can you really trust the guy? They can't let Wiggins go without having Lebron locked up long term. If he left again they would be screwed.

He will sign long term. It's all about the money that he will make with new T.V. deal in a few years. He's just trying to save face at this point. Doesn't matter to me. It's clear he will NEVER be in the same conversation as Jordan and rightfully so. At this point, he should worry about catching Kobe.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's clear he will NEVER be in the same conversation as Jordan and rightfully so. At this point, he should worry about catching Kobe.

hes already in the same conversation, but he won’t be the same player. Same goes with Jordan and Russell.  Times are different, the game is different.  Lebron isn’t the greatest player of all time…hes ‘only’ top 5 of all time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's clear he will NEVER be in the same conversation as Jordan and rightfully so. At this point, he should worry about catching Kobe.

hes already in the same conversation, but he won't be the same player. Same goes with Jordan and Russell.  Times are different, the game is different.  Lebron isn't the greatest player of all time...hes 'only' top 5 of all time.

He may go down as the most versatile player of all time.  He's right there with Magic when it comes to that conversation.  He's by far and away the best player in the game today and today's players would wax any other eras players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

hes already in the same conversation, but he won't be the same player. Same goes with Jordan and Russell.  Times are different, the game is different.  Lebron isn't the greatest player of all time...hes 'only' top 5 of all time.

He may go down as the most versatile player of all time.  He's right there with Magic when it comes to that conversation.  He's by far and away the best player in the game today and today's players would wax any other eras players.

Not true. If anything, those past greats deserve even more credit. For playing in an era where defenders could take your head off.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah. With today's watered down overall play and the overall pussification of rules. You put guys like LeBron, Melo, Dwight, etc. back in the 80's and you would see nothing but tears coming from these clowns.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah. With today's watered down overall play and the overall pussification of rules. You put guys like LeBron, Melo, Dwight, etc. back in the 80's and you would see nothing but tears coming from these clowns.

Yeah, but dont you think training alone makes today's players better.  I mean, some games in the 80's, Rambis would be on the sidelines catching a cigarette.  Different era of athlete now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, but dont you think training alone makes today's players better

Better conditioned athletes? As a whole, yes. Tougher athletes? Absolutely not. I'm still wondering who's tougher; current NBA superstars or FIFA superstars?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Better conditioned athletes? As a whole, yes. Tougher athletes? Absolutely not. I'm still wondering who's tougher; current NBA superstars or FIFA superstars?

They both have learned how to flop that's for sure. Soccer is a lot more physical than its give credit for.  The NBA is a freak show of strength though they just dont play like Laimbeer's Piston's anymore.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They both have learned how to flop that's for sure. Soccer is a lot more physical than its give credit for.  The NBA is a freak show of strength though they just dont play like Laimbeer's Piston's anymore.

The NBA today is soft. It's a joke. The players from the 80's were men. Today, not so much.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Heat signed Luol Deng to replace LeBron. Championship !   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought flopping in the NBA was bad until I watched 1 game of the World Cup. People falling down left and right pretending to be hurt, got to the point where I just turned it off.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds like Wiggins was scratched from tonights game and the Cavs are rumored to be willing to include him in a trade for Love. God I hope it doesn’t happen that way. But if it does, I hope we at least get Dieng in the deal too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds like Wiggins was scratched from tonights game and the Cavs are rumored to be willing to include him in a trade for Love. God I hope it doesn't happen that way. But if it does, I hope we at least get Dieng in the deal too.

That would be classic Cleveland.  Love is a good player but Wiggins has the potential to be really, really good. Just needs to learn to shoot a J and he's there IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone is being fed false info, Both the writers that cover the Cavs and TWolves say Wiggins has not been included in trade talks and he is still playing tonight.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not so fast, Bucman!Cavs willing to trade Wiggins to help get Love......

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not so fast, Bucman!Cavs willing to trade Wiggins to help get Love......

Wiggins, despite NBA analysts stating the contrary, is for real. He needs one season to break in.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucman is viewing this Love scenario through Cavalier glasses, but I believe deep down he knows Love was always going to cost Wiggins :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucman is viewing this Love scenario through Cavalier glasses, but I believe deep down he knows Love was always going to cost Wiggins :)

I know it was going to and I say screw appeasing to Lebron and not do the trade. He never has shown loyalty in the past, why show it to him?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You also have to remember that Love is still only 25 himself. Irving/Lebron/Love could easily play together 4-5 solid years. Wiggins is younger, obviously, but as with all young players he’s not a sure thing until he proves he’s a sure thing. Love is a sure thing, that’s why Lebron wants him on the team so badly. Being a stretch four, Love will also open up the lane for Lebron, Wiggins doesn’t provide that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You also have to remember that Love is still only 25 himself. Irving/Lebron/Love could easily play together 4-5 solid years. Wiggins is younger, obviously, but as with all young players he's not a sure thing until he proves he's a sure thing. Love is a sure thing, that's why Lebron wants him on the team so badly. Being a stretch four, Love will also open up the lane for Lebron, Wiggins doesn't provide that.

Wiggins is a sure thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You also have to remember that Love is still only 25 himself. Irving/Lebron/Love could easily play together 4-5 solid years. Wiggins is younger, obviously, but as with all young players he's not a sure thing until he proves he's a sure thing. Love is a sure thing, that's why Lebron wants him on the team so badly. Being a stretch four, Love will also open up the lane for Lebron, Wiggins doesn't provide that.

We will have no SG if the trade goes down either. It suppose to be Love, Glenn Robinson 3 (Who I loved coming into the draft) for Wiggins, Waiters, Thompson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Miller, Allen (if you get him) and someone else will probably platoon at SG. You don’t need stars at every position, and even Lebron admitted he’d be surprised if they won a championship this season. He knows they don’t have the roster to take a team down like SA or OKC. It’s probably going to take another year to fill in the missing pieces, you can’t expect to do it in one offseason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Miller, Allen (if you get him) and someone else will probably platoon at SG. You don't need stars at every position, and even Lebron admitted he'd be surprised if they won a championship this season. He knows they don't have the roster to take a team down like SA or OKC. It's probably going to take another year to fill in the missing pieces, you can't expect to do it in one offseason.

Which is why you dont trade for Love if you feel that way. Wiggins will be ready by next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know it was going to and I say screw appeasing to Lebron and not do the trade. He never has shown loyalty in the past, why show it to him?

you gotta be kidding. The cavs could have applied for the d league without lebron.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Miller, Allen (if you get him) and someone else will probably platoon at SG. You don't need stars at every position, and even Lebron admitted he'd be surprised if they won a championship this season. He knows they don't have the roster to take a team down like SA or OKC. It's probably going to take another year to fill in the missing pieces, you can't expect to do it in one offseason.

Which is why you dont trade for Love if you feel that way. Wiggins will be ready by next year.

But what is ready? Are you saying he's going to be a better player than Love at that time? First he has to prove he belongs in the NBA, then he has to prove he can reach the status Love has reached. I don't care what anyone says, until he does that he's just another young player with potential. As I said, Love is better for Lebron's game, he clears the lane which is something Wiggins won't provide. It's not just about having good players, it's about having good players that play well together.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But what is ready? Are you saying he's going to be a better player than Love at that time? First he has to prove he belongs in the NBA, then he has to prove he can reach the status Love has reached. I don't care what anyone says, until he does that he's just another young player with potential. As I said, Love is better for Lebron's game, he clears the lane which is something Wiggins won't provide. It's not just about having good players, it's about having good players that play well together.

As far as I know, Lebron and Love have never played together. WIggins has more upside than anyone else that has come out of the NBA since Lebron.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not to mention Love's only 25.  He's hitting his prime years, whereas Wiggins has some growing still to do.  Lebron and Love would be great together, for a long time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know how I feel about Love vs Wiggins, but one argument for keeping Wiggins is he’s basically LeBron’s size, is a freak athlete, and potentially really good really quickly on defense while not being very polished on offense, so you can have him guard the opponent’s best wing player so LeBron doesn’t have to use half his energy playing defense. We all know Mike Miller and Ray Allen aren’t guarding anyone at this stage of their careers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, if that is the thinking, why not just play out the season. Then next offseason sign Love, and they still have Wiggins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Cavs plan on signing Wiggins this week.  Then they won’t be able to trade him for the next 30 days. So he will be a Cav awhile longer, hopefully he stays.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some chatter today about Love to the Lakers. It would make sense, seeing the Lakers have not done much this offseason. But I don’t see who the Lakers would give up, to get Minny interested.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NBA Legion ?@MySportsLegion  20mTRADE: Cavs will receive John Lucas, Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy from the Jazz for Carrick Felix, a future 2nd round pick and cash. (Y!)Minor trade that is likely setting up for a KLove deal otherwise it makes zero sense to make the deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Celtics are closing in on a deal for Love, I heard.  If it goes down, that old sayin, you snooze you lose, would apply to the Cavs front office.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Celtics are closing in on a deal for Love, I heard.  If it goes down, that old sayin, you snooze you lose, would apply to the Cavs front office.

radio talk today was saying the handshake deal with cleveland is on.  3rd team is 76ers getting bennett for Thaddeus young.

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

I hope they suck

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

radio talk today was saying the handshake deal with cleveland is on.  3rd team is 76ers getting bennett for Thaddeus young.

If that is true, why wait? They could have made a deal a week or 2 ago. But instead, they signed Wiggins, and are stuck with him for 30 days after the signing date. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, they trade finally went down. Very expensive though.Wiggins, Bennett, and a 1st.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, they trade finally went down. Very expensive though.Wiggins, Bennett, and a 1st.

Eh. If Bennett ever ends up being decent yeah it was expensive. He wasa playing okay in the summer league but that was against a bunch of scrubs and rookies. Wiggins is a steep price and I hate to trade him because I really liked his future here but KLove almost assures us a finals series.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LeBron still can’t win on his own!!!!

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Eh. If Bennett ever ends up being decent yeah it was expensive. He wasa playing okay in the summer league but that was against a bunch of scrubs and rookies. Wiggins is a steep price and I hate to trade him because I really liked his future here but KLove almost assures us a finals series.

Classic Cleveland.  Starring greatness in the face and they blink and let Wiggins get away. The stupidity of some franchises is simply amazing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LeBron still can't win on his own!!!!

no one can.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Cleveland doesn’t win a ship with this roster in 2 years its never going to happen. I may have to off myself.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Cleveland doesn't win a ship with this roster in 2 years its never going to happen. I may have to off myself.

LOLThe Cavs are the favorite to win the East now, with the Bulls right behind them. But the West is badass. But the Cavs have all season to get used to playing together. So maybe they will be up to the challenge when playoff time rolls around.  Speaking of the West, Durant bailed out of summer league play after George snapped his leg in two. Can't say I blame him.On a related note, I heard an interesting story today. Dan Lebotard [sp?] tried to buy a full page ad in the Cleveland newspaper. It showed 2 championship rings sitting on a table and the caption was, your welcome Lebron.  Signed, Miami.  The paper turned it down, they wouldn't publish it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On a related note, I heard an interesting story today. Dan Lebotard [sp?] tried to buy a full page ad in the Cleveland newspaper. It showed 2 championship rings sitting on a table and the caption was, your welcome Lebron.  Signed, Miami.  The paper turned it down, they wouldn't publish it.

good for Cleveland, that’s a dumb move by lebatard. Miami ain’t coming close to the finals without LeBron

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On a related note, I heard an interesting story today. Dan Lebotard [sp?] tried to buy a full page ad in the Cleveland newspaper. It showed 2 championship rings sitting on a table and the caption was, your welcome Lebron.  Signed, Miami.  The paper turned it down, they wouldn't publish it.

good for Cleveland, that's a dumb move by lebatard. Miami ain't coming close to the finals without LeBron

That is what the Cavs are hoping for. That 1st rounder they traded to the Wolves for Love, is Miami's pick. But its protected, if its a lottery pick, the Cavs keep it. If not, the Wolves get it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol the Cavs have no bench they are not on the same level as the Bulls and if Wade’s efficient even the Heat.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Lol the Cavs have no bench they are not on the same level as the Bulls and if Wade's efficient even the Heat.

If they had kept Wiggins, Cleveland could have started hanging banners right now. What they gave up for Love is why Cleveland is Cleveland - you won't see many more dumb moves than that one.  10 years from now, we are going to look back on this move as one of the least thought out in sports history.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol the Cavs have no bench they are not on the same level as the Bulls and if Wade's efficient even the Heat.

If they had kept Wiggins, Cleveland could have started hanging banners right now. What they gave up for Love is why Cleveland is Cleveland - you won't see many more dumb moves than that one.  10 years from now, we are going to look back on this move as one of the least thought out in sports history.

+1. Although Love is a walking double double they gave up too much and your right I wouldn't have even traded Wiggins for him straight up

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

+1. Although Love is a walking double double they gave up too much and your right I wouldn't have even traded Wiggins for him straight up

People are funny about Wiggins, he just came off the teat - he looks like a baby out there - going to be a beast in the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not on the same level as the heat?  Wow.  I also doubt many will look at this trade as dumb.  Does wiggins game complement lebrons?  Most would think not.  Does loves? Most think so.  I think in 10 years cleveland will have at least one title while Minnesota does not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Heat are a better squad the Cleveland sorry man. You gotta be able to play defense

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Heat are a better squad the Cleveland sorry man. You gotta be able to play defense

Yep, It's the #1 rule in competitive sports.  Can you play defense?  If the answer is no than you need to sell out for defense until you can play it, than you can work on all of the offensive stuff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Marion was a good signing for them

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does wiggins game complement lebrons?  Most would think not.  Does loves? Most think so.  I think in 10 years cleveland will have at least one title while Minnesota does not.

Kyrie Irving's [sp?] game does not compliment Lebron's game either. But he is not going anywhere. Kyrie is used to bringing the ball up the court, something Lebron likes to do. But I am sure they will work it out.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Does wiggins game complement lebrons?  Most would think not.  Does loves? Most think so.  I think in 10 years cleveland will have at least one title while Minnesota does not.

Kyrie Irving's [sp?] game does not compliment Lebron's game either. But he is not going anywhere. Kyrie is used to bringing the ball up the court, something Lebron likes to do. But I am sure they will work it out.

This.  Kyrie likes to dribble the air out of the ball, so does Lebron.  They will find a happy medium.  Wiggins plays nasty D and like every young prospect going into the league with little experience, his outside shot is lacking, he can fix that.  You can't teach Love to play D, he's not that guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Odd that Vegas is missing the boat this bad.  They have cleveland at 4-1 and Miami at 75-1.  Not sure if that was before marion though.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Odd that Vegas is missing the boat this bad.  They have cleveland at 4-1 and Miami at 75-1.  Not sure if that was before marion though.

Cleveland is better than Miami because they have Lebron and Miami doesn't.  It's still really dumb for Cleveland to give up on the next great player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cleveland now has a legit Big 3. Irving is a better player than Wade at this point. And Love is a huge upgrade over Bosh.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lebron doesn't want to be that type of player anymore.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is great at it though.  He brings the ball up court, attacks the defense, then he hits the open man.  He can do that because he handles the ball better than any big man I have seen. Well, except for maybe Magic. Like I said earlier, that has been Kyrie's job.  But I am sure David Blatt [who?]  will get it worked out.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

He is great at it though.  He brings the ball up court, attacks the defense, then he hits the open man.  He can do that because he handles the ball better than any big man I have seen. Well, except for maybe Magic. Like I said earlier, that has been Kyrie's job.  But I am sure David Blatt [who?]  will get it worked out.

I know it's sacrilege is some circles but Lebron is better than Magic in his prime.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where the F you been Man ?  You just come around for football season ?  Anyway, good to see you around again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know it's sacrilege is some circles but Lebron is better than Magic in his prime.

i think that’s why you don’t worry about the potential of wiggins.  You give lebron what he needs now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll admit, I don’t know much about basketball, but aren’t the cavs sort of missing that stout 7’0 low-post defender? somebody to defend tim duncan/howard/hibbert?hasn't that been kind of the killer for lebron's teams? back in the day he was the only "stout" defender, varejao sure wasn'tthen he had bosh, who sure as hell isn't "stout"now he's got love, who ya, can score some points, but he's not stout by any means.  and they've still got varejao at C (correct me if i'm wrong)I feel like they need that 7'2 guy that can just straight up block shots and rebound, who isn't interested in taking a single shot all gameguys like lebron, marion, love, and bosh can defend the "middle range" all day, but it seems like all lebron's teams get beat from the inside out

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

I'll admit, I don't know much about basketball, but aren't the cavs sort of missing that stout 7'0 low-post defender? somebody to defend tim duncan/howard/hibbert?hasn't that been kind of the killer for lebron's teams? back in the day he was the only "stout" defender, varejao sure wasn'tthen he had bosh, who sure as hell isn't "stout"now he's got love, who ya, can score some points, but he's not stout by any means.  and they've still got varejao at C (correct me if i'm wrong)I feel like they need that 7'2 guy that can just straight up block shots and rebound, who isn't interested in taking a single shot all gameguys like lebron, marion, love, and bosh can defend the "middle range" all day, but it seems like all lebron's teams get beat from the inside out

It appears you have a pretty good handle on the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think that’s the old game.  Hibbert averaged 5 points this year and is on the block.  Dwight’s team was a first round exit.  There are no guys over 7 ft, they aren’t athletic enough imo.  The spurs are much more of a team than just some tall guy in the middle.I don't watch much of varejo, but isn't he the guy you describe? Just a defender who is around to get rebounds?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where the F you been Man ?  You just come around for football season ?  Anyway, good to see you around again.

Ya just been busy bro, i got the itch to talk about fringe players none of my friends care about!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

thanks, rodtoast, I really only watch in the playoffsgametime - I think that's who varejao is supposed to be, but hasn't really turned out to be.  he's kind of doughy and not much an imposing force.  he's got some fiery emotion some times, and flashes here and there... but not really a stone wall kind of guy.also from espn stats he (varejao) only averages .6 blocks a game too, they a ~1.5 - 2 guyI see your nod to the fact that there's no 7foot + guys deep in the playoffs, but none of those guys are playing alongside lebron.  I'm just saying that Lebron is kind of one of those tricky players to match people with, because he can play the other 4 spots as he pleases (maybe less SG than anything else), but he certainly can't play the 5 spot.I mean, put lebron with a skyscraper C, and 3 JAG role players and I feel like you're set.  add ray allen in there (cause he seems to want to chase rings now) and you're set.  Really though, I don't know who that C is right now in the NBA.  Hibbert seems to be the closest to what I'm talking about.  Yao Ming would have been ideal lolBut I just don't really get loading up the squad with 3's and 4's when you've got lebron

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll admit, I don't know much about basketball, but aren't the cavs sort of missing that stout 7'0 low-post defender? somebody to defend tim duncan/howard/hibbert?hasn't that been kind of the killer for lebron's teams? back in the day he was the only "stout" defender, varejao sure wasn'tthen he had bosh, who sure as hell isn't "stout"now he's got love, who ya, can score some points, but he's not stout by any means.  and they've still got varejao at C (correct me if i'm wrong)I feel like they need that 7'2 guy that can just straight up block shots and rebound, who isn't interested in taking a single shot all gameguys like lebron, marion, love, and bosh can defend the "middle range" all day, but it seems like all lebron's teams get beat from the inside out

Great post. But in the last 3 season the NBA's big man has lost its presence. There are no Shaq's left

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But I just don't really get loading up the squad with 3's and 4's when you've got lebron

just load up on guys that can knock down the 3 and won’t clog the lane.  Lebron and Irving will drive and dish and guys will have great looks outside.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But I just don't really get loading up the squad with 3's and 4's when you've got lebron

just load up on guys that can knock down the 3 and won't clog the lane.  Lebron and Irving will drive and dish and guys will have great looks outside.

agreed. (and just to clarify I meant 3's and 4's as SF's and PF's)

Please wait…

Viewing 123 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.