Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• Pennywise

Participant

#Buccaneers are re-signing Leonard Fournette, per espn

• BadabingBucs

Participant

awesome move

just the right price

having two starting caliber backs is huge and keeps fresh legs

• Pennywise

Participant

1 year 4 million

• Swash

Participant

Perfect price. BOOM! 💥 Another job well done by Licht.

• obuc

Participant

Link please. Nothing anywhere on this

• Pennywise

Participant

Ian Rapoport
      @RapSheet
      · 13m
      Source: The #Bucs are re-signing RB Leonard Fournette, as Lombardi Lenny lands in TB with a chance to reprise his role in January.

• buc_boi

Participant

Another job well done by Licht.

Yes it is!

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Interested to see what all the final details are and if we’re looking at another Greenberg special.

• Pennywise

Participant

All 22 starters are back

• Pennywise

Participant

And no voidable years on the Fournette deal with the Bucs — just a straight one-year deal, $3.25 million. Arguably their top 7-8 free agents all back — receiver Antonio Brown now the biggest unsigned one left.

Per auman

• buccnation

Participant

Little too much for me but at least it’s a one year deal. And hopefully he’s back to being our back up next year. I’d like to see Vaughn get some of his touches next year too.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

No voidable years. Just a straight up 1-year, $3.25M.

Greenberg has absolutely hit a home run this offseason.

Curious as to which direction JL and Co. go in the draft.

• buc-in-out

Participant

I love this re-signing because it means we likely don’t go RB in round 1 like I feared.

• Pennywise

Participant

I think they trade back and go front 7

• Pennywise

Participant

The Buccaneers are set to return all 22 starters from the 2020 Super Bowl season.

Last team to return Week 1 starters of Super Bowl season: 1979 Steelers (repeated as SB Champs).

• obuc

Participant

We ned AB now. I think he will sign for 2 or so. He wont get guaranteed money from anyone.

• Runole

Participant

Agree AB will be here IMO Now lets have another good draft!

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

We can do anything at 32

• Roy

Participant

Yes, but pick 32 has to be about 2022. We know there will be holes to fill, and yes the cap is going up, but that will mean salary inflation as well. Free agents will be way overpriced. So we need to draft a couple guys who can step in and be quality starters in 2022. Where are those holes going to be? Probably DT, TE, DE, OG/C, RB, WR (if we can’t extend Godwin). Its important that we draft positions that will fill those gaps that are coming up a year from now. So my point is that we do need to focus on a handful of positions rather than just choosing BPA regardless of position.

• FinkleisEinhorn

Participant

I’m not as high on this signing. He had a great playoff run, but he’s a 1-dimensional JAG imo. If that $4mil was between 4net and AB, and I would’ve chosen AB 10/10 times. I also would’ve preferred more versatility at the position. We still don’t have a pass-catching RB on the roster and money is running out.

• Runole

Participant

Smart move. Opens up the 32nd pick for best available. If N. Harris there pull the trigger if not pick the best prospect available.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I’m not as high on this signing. He had a great playoff run, but he’s a 1-dimensional JAG imo. If that $4mil was between 4net and AB, and I would’ve chosen AB 10/10 times. I also would’ve preferred more versatility at the position. We still don’t have a pass-catching RB on the roster and money is running out.

at WR, we have two pro bowler caliber guys already. One guy on his way to the HOF.

At TE, we have 3 starting caliber guys with one guy on his way to the HOF.

At RB, we have Rojo who the jury is still out on and is weak at blocking and catching. We also have Keyshawn Vaughn who we have no idea what we got yet either.

I think getting Fournette back over AB makes sense but who are we kidding – AB will be back too.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Creed Humphries!

Bucs are gonna get him!

• GenoaBucs

Participant

Nice move and right price. With ups and downs, he and Rojo had a pretty good season, both with key plays during the SB run.
      AB is next, kudos to Licht and all the staff.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Lack of continuity is something that makes repeating hard. This team is bringing all their starters from the super bowl team. They should be better in year 2.

• tiapanda

Participant

We’re still going to be adding a 4th back to replace Shady, so this move doesn’t preclude anything. Once Fournette got his head on straight and his spin move mojo working he was pretty damn good. If Brady had wanted White he would already be a Buc. TB12 wanted Fournette back. His hands were clutch last year, if not reliable. His catch% last year actually compares to Kamara (AK 77.6% – Fournette 76.6%). Obviously Kamara is running longer routes and is much more dangerous after the catch, but it shows that the Brady to Fournette connection was very successful last year.

• Lawdy

Participant

my man

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

If we re-sign AB, we will be in a great position in the draft. Draft for depth but since no needs are really pressing, you can afford to take the best player available. Or even trade pack and stockpile picks for next year when there will be a bunch more free agents.

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Good! AB ain’t going anywhere. When he’s ready, he’ll sign on for another year, as no other GM wants his baggage, and he likely wants to be with da Bucs…

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Stand up and take a bow Jason Licht and Mike Greenberg! With an entire offseason together and the schedule not nearly as difficult on paper, optimism is pretty high for me this season!

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.