Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• Trevor Sikkema

Keymaster

• Biggs3535

Participant

I’d have to imagine it would take more than a 4th rounder to land McCoy. But if not, hell yeah they should make that deal. I’d be fine with giving up a third, honestly.

Really don’t see it happening though.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Isn’t he due like 18 million for the next 2 years? I know he can still play at 29 but that’s a lot of scratch for a RB, and we need to rollover a decent number of cap room for a bunch of our own players that will need new deals.

• freddy

Participant

Looking at spotrac he has about a $9m cap hit, per year, for the next three years. But I’m sure Licht could get that contract redone to be more friendly. And we could probably recoup the draft pick (or parts of it) by trading Martin after he comes back from suspension.If all it takes is a 4th, Get er done.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/lesean-mccoy-5916/

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

This really isn’t a rumor. Just someone’s opinion.

• Power_Buc

Participant

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

• Pepsi

Participant

He makes the team better this year and next year, and would be a good tandem between him and martin. but then our running game would eventually fall off a cliff as both these guys are eyeing 30 years old.

Im still liking the 2018 draft class to be where we target a new premier RB.

• Biggs3535

Participant

While I understand needing to be forward thinking regarding contracts, I feel like that is always overblown around here. The cap is always going up, and I think the team has learned how to better structure contracts. I don’t see the team not being able to sign someone because of being over the cap for quite a while.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good player, gets nicked up, but pushing to that 30 age worries me the most. But, why not? If healthy and in this offense? He would have a helluva good time.

• buccnation

Participant

Heck yeah. I’m sure the deal could be reworked. He would make this offense extremely dynamic.

• welzboy409

Participant

for a 4th do it

Dont see it getting done.

Mccoy (play the hott hand)
      Martin (play the hott hand)
      Quiz (3rd down back)
      Sims ( pass catching weapon )

Barber ( practice squad )

• cobraboy

Participant

What happened to McNichols?

• XFactor

Participant

We will need that 4th rounder most likely to move up and grab a player everyone hates in next years draft though. Ha. Seriously, if all it takes is a 4th I wouldn’t be opposed to it, even though Doug is looking really good so far in TC/Preseason.

• BucNCane

Participant

If we got him it would most certainly end Martins tenure.

• Plank

Participant

I would like a guy that can cut on a dime, yes please, sign me up.

• Pepsi

Participant

@BucNCane

I would hope Martin remains on a new low contract. 2017 and 2018 would be real good to have Martin + McCoy in the backfield. If Martin plays as good as hes looking in preseason and TC, then that duo would rival the top RB duos in the league, maybe the best.

• Ken – Kfromfla

Participant

No thanks, but we will take Richie Incognito off your hands. With an O-line of Dotson, Sweezy, Marpet, Incognito, D. Smith, look out. Send Pamphile back to primary swing tackle where he was outstanding, and the Bucs are set for the long haul.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

cut Martin, his contract can be voided for his violation. Trade for McCoy, and pay him the money that would have gone to Martin. Problem solved.

• Cerious

Participant

Regardless of if it’s McCoy or Martin we will need to draft a primary ball carry in the next two years. McCoy vs Martin heads up? I take McCoy. Both get dinged up, but Shady has another level of athleticism that Doug doesn’t. Be sweet to keep both though considering their injury histories.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Peartree:

Certainly the Bucs would like an OT in the 2018 draft

But McGlinchey will be gone in the top 10.

However Quenton Nelson would be available to the Bucs: 6-5 325 and what seems to be the best OG in the draft.

And younger with a higher-class attitude than Incognito

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• BTownBucFan

Participant

I don’t trust Martin any longer. Even before the suspension stuff, he’s either a 1200+ yard guy or a 500-yard guy. When he’s bad, he’s really bad. And unfortunately, he’s had more bad than good.

BUT, next year’s draft is one of the best running back groups to come out in a long time…even better than this past year. If we stay the course, we go with our running back committee headed by Rodgers and Martin, with Sims on 3rd down and next draft we can find our new starting RB with hopefully McNichols as our satellite back.

While I like the McCoy idea a lot, he will cost more than a 4th to bring here and I’m not willing to spend premium picks for short term. We will need pass rushers and o’line help next year too.

Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart And do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him, And He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way]. Proverbs 3:5-6

• Cerious

Participant

@BTownBucFan

The 2017 RB Draft was one of the best in years, looking at the prospect for 2018 (many underclassmen) I would not say that the class is better before the season even starts. My point here is that you’re going to be able to find a more than adequate starting RB in every draft. One thing to remember is that the position is now undervalued, if RB is our biggest need in 2019 because McCoy/Martin are gone then we are in great shape overall as a team.

The other thing is that it may not cost more than a 4th for McCoy. He’s older, expensive and only has two years left on his deal and the biggest point here is that the Bills are in obvious rebuild mode. That makes McCoy more than expendable. 3rd or 4th round pick should be easy to do.

• Hate

Participant

Adding Shady would definitely make us one of the top offenses in the lg. Cannons would be firing like a mothafucker. Trade Doug and a 4 and let’s roll.

• Pepsi

Participant

A 3rd is a little rich for a RB that’ll be 30 next year. but a 4th and maybe a player we dont need, I’d for it.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

why not trade a 2nd instead of a 3rd? We tend to waste the 2nd round picks anyways.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Paid 30 year old RB or contract year Martin sitting out first three?

Or, draft? I thought RB was a nearly no value position? Weve got a 5th round RB on the roster.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Florio is reporting the Bills are (NOT) taking offers for McCoy.

*Typo edit

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

No thanks. We have the right mix going on right now. We don’t need to give away the future for something that has a short shelf life. Jackson gives us the speed threat we need to make the rest of this offense work.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.