Viewing 29 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

In 13 games, Mike Glennon threw for more yards and more TDs than McCown has in any one season in his career. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

cool story bro.  tell it again!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so Bass, if you were a PI you would know  McCown has been stellar these last two days. clearly better than Glennon.  more confident, more comfortable.  near perfect.  better than Freeman ever looked.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well…if that stat doesn’t show the Bucs better draft a quality QB I don’t know what does. MIKE GLENNON(!!!!) threw for more TDs than McCown has? WOW!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well...if that stat doesn't show the Bucs better draft a quality QB I don't know what does. MIKE GLENNON(!!!!) threw for more TDs than McCown has? WOW!!!!

Ha, exactly. Good reminder of why we should take a QB in round 1 or 2.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so Bass, if you were a PI you would know  McCown has been stellar these last two days. clearly better than Glennon.  more confident, more comfortable.  near perfect.  better than Freeman ever looked.

Is that what the insider is telling you. Not what I'm hearing elsewhere.  Weird.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yep.  Glennon is still captain checkdown.  afraid to throw the ball down field unless his target is open by a mile.  McCown been slinging it and been very accurate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s weird that McCown, who throws it all over the field with confidence, has never thrown as many TD’s as captain check down or as many TDs. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

jesus we’re going to start praising career journeymen because they looked good in pre-draft minicamp after 2 days. What in the hell?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is that what the insider is telling you. Not what I'm hearing elsewhere.  Weird.

You might wanna question your 'sources'.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Definitely solidifies our need to draft a QB.  :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In 13 games, Mike Glennon threw for more yards and more TDs than McCown has in any one season in his career.

And yet some people still try to argue that QB isn't a need

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m about as excited about mccown as I am about glennon. Neither are the future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we don’t draft a qb this year, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see Glennon be the starter at some point this season. I think  Glennon could be solid if he learned from some things.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

According to Mark Cook, McCown is looking much MUCH sharper than Glennon in practice so far, FWIW. I don't know why people automatically write McCown off because of his age, if he looks sharp this off-season you guys should happy. He wouldn't be the first QB to blossom late, and he wont be the last.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you are arguing about who is better between Josh McCown and Mike Glennon after one non contact practice in shorts……you know it’s time to draft a QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mccown in a bucs uni...Didn't I tell you, history repeats itself?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10lb, me thinks your post didn’t have its desired effect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10lb, me thinks your post didn't have its desired effect.

Agreed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can I have that 20 second back?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do not expect to see great things out of McCown.  I predicted before free agency hit that anyone who signed this dude as a starter (I thought the Raiders would go for it myself), would be disappointed.With the lack of offensive talent, the lack of cohesion on the O-line, a new offense, an a journeyman QB...I think this O is going to be VERY tough to stomach.  And given Lovie's conservative ways (and always heard voice) I am predicting a bottom 10 offense.  At the very best.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you are arguing about who is better between Josh McCown and Mike Glennon after one non contact practice in shorts......you know it's time to draft a QB.

Love this statement.  The was a fierce argument about Lefty and Luke and that was about as sad a debate as I have ever seen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you are arguing about who is better between Josh McCown and Mike Glennon after one non contact practice in shorts......you know it's time to draft a QB.

Love this statement.  The was a fierce argument about Lefty and Luke and that was about as sad a debate as I have ever seen.

As the first round pick sat in the background, getting reps with the third team screwballs, and watching Rah and Lolsen put together a "plan".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

According to Mark Cook, McCown is looking much MUCH sharper than Glennon in practice so far, FWIW. I don't know why people automatically write McCown off because of his age, if he looks sharp this off-season you guys should happy. He wouldn't be the first QB to blossom late, and he wont be the last.

That's right . I'm excited about the prospect of McCown the late bloomer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m more excited about Licht’s ability to pull an elite QB out of a day 3 pick…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm more excited about Licht's ability to pull an elite QB out of a day 3 pick...

That also . Garret Gilbert baby !!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10lb, me thinks your post didn't have its desired effect.

Agreed.

Well done Sir.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IDK…  If you’re adding a smokescreen in free agency, you go with a Caleb Haney.  They went after the best available…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Quarterback Josh McCown carried his stellar play from Tuesday over to Wednesday. McCown is playing relaxed and extremely confident and seems to have a very good grasp of the Tedford-designed offense. In fact, if you didn’t know it, you would think McCown has run this offense for years. McCown also isn’t afraid to let the ball fly on deep seams, posts or go-routes. His accuracy over the first two days has been remarkable in 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills. A couple of reporters even commented that it doesn’t look like a mini-camp but more like a scripted pro day for an NFL draft prospect. There just aren’t many balls thrown by McCown that hit the turf, and if they do it is usually due to the receiver dropping it. McCown also seems to have a knack for splitting defenses, getting the ball just over the linebacker but also in front of the safety. In two days, there have few, if any balls that have sailed on him, something that we saw frequently from former quarterback Josh Freeman. In fact, McCown looks remarkably sharper in practice than Freeman ever did.Backup Mike Glennon doesn’t seem to have the same grasp, or confidence that McCown has, but still looked solid for the most part. The big difference in the two is McCown is willing to sling it all over the field and challenge small openings where Glennon tends to check down unless a receiver is wide open.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah but the something clicked in McCowns 13th year as a pro. Watch the highlight reel, very 2012 Josh Freeman-esque. Lots of deep, jump balls where his receivers are bigger and stronger than the defender. Stop using common sense here 10lbs. Everyone knows the first 12 years don't matter, it's the last 8 games against the worst NFL passing defenses in the league that really matter.

Please wait…

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.