Let’s ASSUME the Bucs DON’T bring Winston back…who available fits best?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Morgan
    Participant

Foles is on the Jaguars and he’s staying there.

I think you are right about Tannehill. We might not have heard the end of the story with him. The Titans aren’t looking to give him the big bucks. But could you imagine the excitement if the Bucs go into the season with Tannehill as the starting QB? There would be a big thud among ticket buyers.

Its the same with Winston, Prescott, Tannehill. I think there is a bit of a standoff between the agents and the owners about what the market price is when it comes to these lower tier starting QBs. Its one thing if you are Tom Brady. But these guys are not Brady or Mahomes. We’ll see if these owners finally give in or if they hold the line.

They’d take a 7th rounder or worse to find a sucker to assume his contract.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

TB-BucFan4Life
    Participant

One has to take into account our mediocre offensive line, as well as our iffy running game. IMO, that suggests a QB that can move. As many here have pointed out…by stating the obvious…our offensive scheme provides a vertical threat, so we need a QB who is accurate on deep balls. We’ve had a QB who turns the ball over a lot, so an efficient QB would be refreshing. Is this all just wishful thinking?

Why assume Jameis is gone when in actuality he will be back? Doesn’t make sense.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

I was creating dialog to see what fellow Buc fans opinions were if that scenario played out…that’s what a lot of people do on forums…if you don’t like the question, you don’t have to post.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    LIBucsFan93
    Participant

Until we know who is actually going to be available it’s a crap shoot. Personally I  wouldn’t but I think the Bucs are going to offer Winston a 2 or 3 year deal with incentives (FML). In case they move on.

Bree’s either signs w/ the Saints or retires. If he signs then Bridgewater will be available. Andy Dalton is going to get traded or released. Rivers is going to test the FA market. As is Brady. The Patriots owner has said that Brady testing the FA Market is the best for both sides. Who knows.

Bucs Options-

1. Sign Bridgewater
    2. Trade for Andy Dalton
    3. Sign Rivers or Brady if Bridgewater or Dalton aren’t available.
    4. Draft a heir apparent if options 2 or 3 happen. Herbert, Tagovailoa, Eason, Love or Gordon
    No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Graham
    Participant

I haven’t heard too many opinions on Ryan Tannehill or Nick Foles.

The guy who got benched against us?  I’m convinced some of these posters would be thrilled with just about any random white QB as long as it isn’t Jameis.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    player101
    Participant

I’d be satisfied with 4200 yards and 25 touchdowns if that produced 4 more wins. I’m not convinced it’s Jameis’ talent that produced 5100 yards as much as the system. Hell, Fitzy threw for 400+ 3 times a couple of years ago in a similar vertical offense. Bottom line = less mistakes and more wins!

Quoted for Truth!

Fitz looked better in Dirk’s offense in 2 of those games than turnover machine has ever looked in 5 seasons… and Fitzpatrick is essentially a career backup QB!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Graham…I am not advocating for either of them…merely pointing out that I haven’t heard any speculation about Tampa being a landing spot for them. Race has nothing to do with it…they just aren’t at the end of their careers like Brady and Rivers whom we’ve been hearing  the most chatter on. It sounds like you want to stick with Jameis merely because he’s black.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    blind melon
    Participant

Sign Mariota to short term incentive laden deal. Draft Eason. Probably won’t happen – but that’s my donut of the day. 😉 !

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Graham
    Participant

Graham…I am not advocating for either of them…merely pointing out that I haven’t heard any speculation about Tampa being a landing spot for them. Race has nothing to do with it…they just aren’t at the end of their careers like Brady and Rivers whom we’ve been hearing the most chatter on. It sounds like you want to stick with Jameis merely because he’s black.

Oh.  Well, you probably haven’t heard much because Foles is on a contract the Jags can’t really get out of this year and it’s unlikely Tannehill becomes available.

I guess I’m a little touchy about some of the “options” at the QB position for this team that have been suggested on this board.  Foles would be a terrible one.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

10lbbass
    There aren’t any vets that would be good for Arians offense, so you go with a rookie. I love Jalen Hurts, and wouldn’t be upset with Jacob Eason. Either of those would be good. Of course at that point, you are turning the roster over and starting anew
    ____
    I would take Hurts in the 3rd in a heart beat if he’s there after scooping up Dalton if he’s available.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    GameTime
    Participant

____

I would take Hurts in the 3rd in a heart beat if he’s there after scooping up Dalton if he’s available.

Can he catch?  If so hed be a real good change of pace for rojo.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    FartMan
    Participant

Taysom Hill

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.