Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

This is the part that scares me. What if

the Bucs don’t Tag or sign Winston before Free Agency starts. I’m Ok with it either way. I can see both sides. Then What if

the Bucs fail to sign a QB in free agency.

Brady stays in NE
      Rivers signs with Indy
      Tannehill stays in Tennessee
      Bridgewater signs in Miami(his hometown)
      Brees stays in New Orleans
      Cam Newton goes to Chicago

This to me would be the worst case scenario as the Bucs would then be forced to trade for a QB that would be a lesser option than Winston. So unless the Bucs have a backdoor agreement with a QB not signing or tagging Winston is a risky move IMO.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

That would be career suicide for Licht/Arians

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is the part that scares me. What if

<li style=”list-style-type: none;”>
        the Bucs don’t Tag or sign Winston before Free Agency starts. I’m Ok with it either way. I can see both sides. Then

What ifthe Bucs fail to sign a QB in free agency.

Brady stays in NE

Rivers signs with Indy

Tannehill stays in Tennessee

Bridgewater signs in Miami(his hometown)

Brees stays in New Orleans

Cam Newton goes to Chicago

This to me would be the worst case scenario as the Bucs would then be forced to trade for a QB that would be a lesser option than Winston. So unless the Bucs have a backdoor agreement with a QB not signing or tagging Winston is a risky move IMO.

There are more QBs available than starting spots. Someone will be available. In the above scenario where does Winston go? If he goes out and doesn’t get $$ he’s looking for he may still come back for less even if we don’t tag him.

• blind melon

Participant

Not too worried about this… and frankly IMO, we know the flop and will have to see where the turn and the river cards fall.

I think the best we can hope for is a pair with an ace kicker.

Sorry- bad analogy.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Bridgewater is not going to the Dolphins. They already said Fitz would be retained for next season who is their placeholder for Tua or whoever they draft. Chicago GM has publicly stated that Trubisky will be their starting QB in 2020.

• Havok904

Participant

Indy drafts Love so scratch Rivers.

Cam Newton sucks so he’s out.

Brady is too expensive.

Rivers should retire.

Bridgewater with possibly Carr and Dalton will be in play.

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

Don’t think Love is going that high and Tua is going to drop based on injury concerns. Not sure how far but he’s going to drop but he will drop.

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

what is said after the season does not necessarily mean that is what will happen at the beginning of the season.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

I really think Detriot will take a QB at 3 and trade Stafford.

Stafford would be a perfect fit here and his cap number isn’t bad. It would take pick 14 and possibly a player to get it done.

Derek Carr and Andy Dalton should be decent backup plans if we can’t trade for Stafford.

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

I really think Detriot will take a QB at 3 and trade Stafford.

Stafford would be a perfect fit here and his cap number isn’t bad. It would take pick 14 and possibly a player to get it done.

Derek Carr and Andy Dalton should be decent backup plans if we can’t trade for Stafford.

Hadn’t given Stafford much thought. I’ve said from the start that option A is Bridgewater. Option B is Dalton. Stafford would be a really good option also.

• illinoisbucfan

Participant

In this scenario, Winston is still available and could possibly be retained for cheap as the starting jobs would be next to nothing left for him.  Not that I see it playing out that way, just playing devil’s advocate…..

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stafford is the dream QB for Arians. For those that think he can recreate the Palmer magic, Stafford is that guy dialed up to 11.

• Greattimes

Participant

If Rivers signs with Indy, that would probably make Brissett (sp) available.
      If Newton signs with Chicago, that would probably make Trubisky (sp) available.
      If Bridgewater signs in Miami,  that would make Fritzpatrick available. (2nd time is the charm).
      If Winston goes elsewhere that might also make a QB available.

Dalton would most likely also be available.

Then there is always the draft.

Disclaimer: I am not advocating any of these QB’s to become the Bucs starting QB.

• Greattimes

Participant

Best option may be “Lose for Lawrence.”

• Havok904

Participant

Stafford isn’t leaving Detroit.

If they tried, the fans would torch the town.

• Havok904

Participant

LIBucsFan93
      Don’t think Love is going that high and Tua is going to drop based on injury concerns. Not sure how far but he’s going to drop but he will drop.
      ____
      Tua isn’t going to drop.

• Greattimes

Participant

There is always Cody Fajardo, who was the top rated QB in the Canadian Football League. Playing for the Saskatchewan Roughriders, the 27 year old former Nevada QB had 338 completions on 473 attempts, 18 TD’s with only 8 INT’s, and 611 rushing yards on 107 attempts.

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

LIBucsFan93

____

Tua isn’t going to drop.

Fractured/Broken hips are no joke for a regular individual. I can’t imagine what that is like for an athlete. Add in his ankle injuries and I’d have a tough time selecting him in the top 10-15 spots. He may not even play in 2020. Some teams medical staff is going to be on the hook if they make they wrong call. Buyer beware on Tua.

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

Everyone will know about Tuas prognosis pre-draft. I think he’ll be fine. I still dont like him as a QB in this offense though.

• Roy

Participant

In your what-ifs you forgot one FA QB.  Jameis Winston.   He doesn’t seem to have found a team in your scenario.  Because he goes out onto the market does not preclude the Bucs from eventually resigning him at a fair price.   If he finds another landing spot that will likely mean another QB is available.

• Roy

Participant

There is always Cody Fajardo, who was the top rated QB in the Canadian Football League. Playing for the Saskatchewan Roughriders, the 27 year old former Nevada QB had 338 completions on 473 attempts, 18 TD’s with only 8 INT’s, and 611 rushing yards on 107 attempts.

Teams could start signing CFL players not under contract yesterday 2/11.   But Fajardo is under contract to the Roughriders through 2021.

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

In your what-ifs you forgot one FA QB. Jameis Winston. He doesn’t seem to have found a team in your scenario. Because he goes out onto the market does not preclude the Bucs from eventually resigning him at a fair price. If he finds another landing spot that will likely mean another QB is available.

Carolina or Oakland in all probability. I don’t think he’s a starter anywhere in this league outside of Tampa.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Should the your scenario play out as is, then we’ve had an imbecile for a GM for the past six years going on seven years.

As you can tell, we have no backup plan after Winston.  Remember that Schiano guy?  At least he had Glennon developing and was needed prematurely b/c Freeman when mental.

GM Licht is too busy chasing wins than setting the foundation for today and tomorrow properly.

• RudeGuy

Participant

If he does come here he better win if we have to look at that mug for 5 years.

• Roy

Participant

How do you do that?  Some people on this board really like to type now and think later…if at all.   Even the Miami Supertankers couldn’t tank enough to get the top pick of the draft.  They traded away significant assets in Tunsil and Minkah and they managed to tank their way to the 5th pick.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

You trade for a QB if you can’t sign one.

Alex Smith for example.   You can also draft a QB.

Lots of options if the Bucs are smart.

Build the trenches!

• atlbuc

Participant

I would not mind making a play for Lawrence (Given that were not in position to draft a top-tier QB this year)…but the best way to approach that would be to trade this year’s #1 or #2 for 2021 1st rounders and get in position to use those picks for Lawrence.

• Havok904

Participant

Fractured/Broken hips are no joke for a regular individual. I can’t imagine what that is like for an athlete. Add in his ankle injuries and I’d have a tough time selecting him in the top 10-15 spots. He may not even play in 2020. Some teams medical staff is going to be on the hook if they make they wrong call. Buyer beware on Tua.
      _____
      Most likely the Dolphins will draft Tua and sit him for a year.

• Jon Gruden

Participant

Indy drafts Love so scratch Rivers.

Cam Newton sucks so he’s out.

Brady is too expensive.

Rivers should retire.

Bridgewater with possibly Carr and Dalton will be in play.

Bradgewater, Carr, or Dalton? Yuck I’d stick with Jameis over those scrubs

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whomever drafts Tua, will live with the reality, that he’s just not going to be very good going forward. I get the biggest kick out of this injury just being a bump in the road. Dude got really hurt and will never be the same. Not sure he was that good to begin with.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

The fact that we’re even in this predicament is an indictment of how terrible a GM Licht truly is. The writing has been on the wall with Winston for years and we all knew this was a possibility. Instead of drafting an Option B, this knuckle head kept throwing picks at Kicker and a dozen DBs. How he is still here to clean up this mess that he’s single handedly created is beyond me.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

The fact that we’re even in this predicament is an indictment of how terrible a GM Licht truly is. The writing has been on the wall with Winston for years and we all knew this was a possibility. Instead of drafting an Option B, this knuckle head kept throwing picks at Kicker and a dozen DBs. How he is still here to clean up this mess that he’s single handedly created is beyond me.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.