Shop the newest Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan gear at Fanatics!

Let's Talk Chargers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Iowabucfan
    Participant

Two weeks ago, I started a thread titled “Let’s Talk Chiefs”. I was tired of politics wanted to get back to football. The Bucs then traveled into Arrowhead and won in a place where visiting teams rarely win.
    Then I followed it up with another thread entitled “Let’s Talk Seahawks”. They played one of the top NFC teams from the last few years and beat them at home.
    So now, we will talk about the upcoming Chargers game at Qualcomm Stadium. This is holy ground for any Bucs fan since this is where the Bucs won SBXXXVII. Anyway, this team, like the Bucs, is under rated. Philip Rivers scares me more than Alex Smith and even Russell Wilson. The defense must continue to play like they did against the Seahawks. My concern is that the players will start to read their press clippings like they did after the Falcons victory. They must understand that the Chargers can beat them. But, If they continue to play like they did, they can continue to win.
    Go Bucs!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17

Havok904
    Participant

Stop Gordon and hope the Bucs can pressure Rivers with just 4 pass rusher.

If you blitz this guy, he will kill ya.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    GIJoeWasThere
    Participant

Rivers is a really, really good QB. However, they have had some meltdown performances this year. Rivers can and will throw picks.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Defense5599
    Blocked

It all depends on which Rivers shows up for the game.  I agree with Havok on being careful with blitzes.  Rivers is a master at checking down.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Dunnfor28
    Participant

They can get home with 4

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    GIJoeWasThere
    Participant

Ohh and they better figure out a way to block Joey Bosa.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

Ohh and they better figure out a way to block Joey Bosa.

I would run right at him ala Seattle.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Detrimental
    Participant

Winnable game. I’m not sold on their defense and they really don’t have big time receivers outside Gates and Hunter. Dotson better show up against Bosa.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    warrenfb12
    Participant

Formula is pretty simple. Get to Rivers, he will throw interceptions. I am hoping Jameis is going to come out firing again, as we see a different d-line/game plan when Bucs have the lead.

I am a little concerned this might be a let down game. Bucs are riding pretty high emotionally. Hopefully they don’t peak ahead to the divisional game against the Saints.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    flashgordon
    Participant

The Seahawks oline wasn’t what it use to be.  The Chargers Oline isn’t really all that great either; I predict more Bucs Dline pressure.

The Chargers D may be more scary than most people realize.  Bosa’s playing like a vet, and Ingam is on the other side; then again, we’ve handled the chiefs with our two Ots.  I guess we’ll see. They’ve got pass rushing linebackers as well.  Their secondary is often banged up; so, it’s hard to tell what D will show up.

The chargers are definitely not a team to sleep on.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Bobby Blue Bland I Pity The Fool (1961)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1--7K58_4ZQ

Biggs3535
    Participant

The Chargers have scored more points than any offense the Buccaneers have played, outside of Atlanta.  The Chargers have even outscored the Raiders.  Rivers is really good.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    warrenfb12
    Participant

Agreed. Unfortunately we have seen what guys like Rivers can do to the bucs. Rivers stays off the radar somehow. I think the Bucs need to put serious heat on him for the win.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    GIJoeWasThere
    Participant

Agreed. Unfortunately we have seen what guys like Rivers can do to the bucs. Rivers stays off the radar somehow. I think the Bucs need to put serious heat on him for the win.

What radar does he stay off of??

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Dunnfor28
    Participant

Rivers is legit, but they played some humble pie defenses.  JAX, NO, IND, ATL and TEN are at the wrong end of scoring defense.

Tough game though. Tougher than some think

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    warrenfb12
    Participant

What radar does he stay off of??

Just think he gets the small market treatment a bit.

I suppose if he could regularly get the Chargers to the playoffs, things would be different.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.