Shop the newest Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan gear at Fanatics!

Let's Talk Chiefs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Iowabucfan
    Participant

I am tired of politics and talking about politics. Therefore, let’s talk about the Bucs’ upcoming opponet, the Kansas City Chiefs. Obviously, a huge game for the Buccaneers.
    The Chiefs are a good, complete team. They are well coached. (I have always respected Andy Reid.) Their home crowd is loud. The Bucs certainly have a big challenge in front of them. I do think this a game the Bucs can win. Even though it wouldn’t surprise me if they get beat.
    For me, the key to the game is the Bucs’ offensive line. They have to play better and keep Jameis clean, for the Bucs to have any shot. Especially the tackles, D. Smith and D. Dotson. They have to pick up their game. This is go time. The seasons starts now!
    I am very hopeful. Go Bucs!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17

RogerGoodellSucks
    Participant

Gonna be a very tough game. The Chiefs are legit and they are very tough to beat at Arrowhead. I think they will beat us in the trenches pretty badly and this one might get ugly. If Justin Houston is back for this game, I fear for Jameis’ health.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    CaptainStagger
    Participant

The good news is that the Chiefs are coming off a win.  Good teams seem to always rebound after a loss, so I feel more confidant knowing this is a “win streak” game for them and not a “rebound” game.  This is the kind of game where a good teams can lay an egg, come out flat against a weaker team team and get punched in the mouth.

Kelce scares me, we have always seemed to struggle with TE’s so hopefully we game plan to remove him from the game. That’s how Belichek would do it. Put Grimes on him if you have to because the rest of the receivers are lackluster. Other than Kelce though I don’t have any concerns and think we can handle everything else.

Its our offense that makes me worry. Odd right? The Oline will have its handful, and we have to make sure we don’t shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    GIJoeWasThere
    Participant

The Chiefs have not scored an offensive TD in 2 games.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Ramonb
    Participant

It depends on which Bucs team shows up.  I think we are close…really close.  A few times this year we have seen what our team can do when “firing on all cylinders” ATL in the home opener, Chicago…like Winston, when this team is clicking…we are really friggin good.  We just need to be more consistent.  This year we are growing together as a team, learning how to play together and how to win.  Once we learn consistency, watch the F* out.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    jerseybucsfan
    Participant

A win in this game changes the whole tenor of the season. This game is huge for us!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    RogerGoodellSucks
    Participant

Sorry, but I’m not expecting much. The Chiefs haven’t lost at home in over a year now and when we have faced the good teams on our schedule this year, we have gotten smacked down in every game other than the first Falcons one. As great as the Bears win was, they are one of the worst teams in the league and the Chiefs will be a much bigger challenge.

I just don’t want to see us get blown out. I don’t think we’re ready to win a game like this, but being competitive in this game would be a step in the right direction.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    ghost
    Participant

I went in to the AZ game thinking we had a chance, so Im not getting any hopes up. Of course a win would be nice, but lets at least not get blown out

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BP1
    Participant

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucsOnDeck88
    Participant

I’m not underestimating the Chiefs (they have the #1 ranked scoring defense), but let’s calm down with the “they are a complete team” nonsense. They have one of the least productive offenses in the NFL. Their RB corps has only produced a 100 yd rusher one time this entire season. They have only seen one WR reach the 100 yd mark, and that also has only happened once. Alex Smith has only passed for 250+ yards ONCE. In fact, the Chiefs’ offensive unit is statistically ranked lower than that of the Chicago Bears. Let that sink in for a minute. The Chiefs’ offense isn’t even in the same stratosphere as the offensive units of the Broncos, Raiders, Falcons, and Cardinals (that accounts for 4 of our 5 losses in case you weren’t paying attention). That being said, the Chiefs are one of the better teams in the NFL at protecting the football. And this may be the Bucs’ downfall in week 11.

Mark my words, the team that wins the turnover battle this Sunday WILL win this game. If there ever was a time for coach Koetter to overvalue the use of the punt unit, this week would be that time. Here is another stat to consider: Famous Jameis started the year off a little shaky (7:8) but has been one of the better pro QBs at protecting the football over the last 5 weeks, boasting a TD:int ratio of 11:2 (pretty damn solid if you ask me!!).

Winning this game is not as far fetched as many Bucs fans might think. I know this sounds cliche, but if we can establish an effective run game and protect the football we will come out on top.

A final reason for optimism? Our injury list keeps getting smaller and smaller. Meanwhile, the Chiefs have a number of key contributors who have started the week off with a DNP designation. This list includes: Marcus Peters, Dontari Poe, Tamba Hali, Jeremy Maclin, Jaye Howard, and Derrick Johnson.

Here’s to remaining relevant… GO BUCS!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucsBay
    Participant

This is going to sound crazy (unless it happens) but I actually think the Bucs will win by 10. The Bucs are starting to feel very Steelers-esque to me, and the Steelers always seems to get way over on KC. KC is physical as all hell on D, great pass rush, and great secondary players in Berry and Peters. They’re not all that deep though and as mentioned their offense is forever middling under Alex Smith. If the Bucs are patient, they can turn this game into Jameis Winston vs Alex Smith. Our linebackers need to step up their play in this one too, but I think they will.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Hayseed
    Participant

We need to be damn near at full strength for this game to even have a remote chance. I think this one ends badly.

Chiefs  27

Bucs 3

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Any hopes of a Packer comeback died amidst a crimson wave of destruction.

Bucs N Beers
    Participant

Alex Smith actually scares the hell out of me in this game. He’s an accurate passer with just enough athleticism to be dangerous. That’s the kind of QB that shreds us. Pass rush has to be effective to have a shot in this game.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    PepsiCo
    Participant

The Chiefs have not scored an offensive TD in 2 games.

And still won both!!!!!! That means it can only go up from there with them. I’d put money on them breaking that streak this week.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    PepsiCo
    Participant

What does that have to do with the Buc’s?!?!??! Don’t get me wrong it’s a great quote but doesn’t apply to the Buc’s in the slightest.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.