Shop the newest Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan gear at Fanatics!

Let's Talk Chiefs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It depends on which Bucs team shows up. I think we are close…really close. A few times this year we have seen what our team can do when “firing on all cylinders” ATL in the home opener, Chicago…like Winston, when this team is clicking…we are really friggin good. We just need to be more consistent. This year we are growing together as a team, learning how to play together and how to win. Once we learn consistency, watch the F* out.

This is the biggest problem this season the Jekyll and Hyde Bucs. Some games the Bucs just look lost, others they look like great. But lets not pretend that last week we were that amazing, it was very much the Bears sucking that made us look better. We can’t hope for the Chiefs to help us the way the Bears did. We can’t look at the Chiefs record and get too down though, they’ve beaten a lot of bad teams, so there is always a chance.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

bucinsouthFL
    Participant

I’m not underestimating the Chiefs (they have the #1 ranked scoring defense), but let’s calm down with the “they are a complete team” nonsense. They have one of the least productive offenses in the NFL. Their RB corps has only produced a 100 yd rusher one time this entire season. They have only seen one WR reach the 100 yd mark, and that also has only happened once. Alex Smith has only passed for 250+ yards ONCE. In fact, the Chiefs’ offensive unit is statistically ranked lower than that of the Chicago Bears. Let that sink in for a minute. The Chiefs’ offense isn’t even in the same stratosphere as the offensive units of the Broncos, Raiders, Falcons, and Cardinals (that accounts for 4 of our 5 losses in case you weren’t paying attention). That being said, the Chiefs are one of the better teams in the NFL at protecting the football. And this may be the Bucs’ downfall in week 11. Mark my words, the team that wins the turnover battle this Sunday WILL win this game. If there ever was a time for coach Koetter to overvalue the use of the punt unit, this week would be that time. Here is another stat to consider: Famous Jameis started the year off a little shaky (7:8) but has been one of the better pro QBs at protecting the football over the last 5 weeks, boasting a TD:int ratio of 11:2 (pretty damn solid if you ask me!!). Winning this game is not as far fetched as many Bucs fans might think. I know this sounds cliche, but if we can establish an effective run game and protect the football we will come out on top. A final reason for optimism? Our injury list keeps getting smaller and smaller. Meanwhile, the Chiefs have a number of key contributors who have started the week off with a DNP designation. This list includes: Marcus Peters, Dontari Poe, Tamba Hali, Jeremy Maclin, Jaye Howard, and Derrick Johnson. Here’s to remaining relevant… GO BUCS!

This was a very fair analysis. The Chiefs are great on defense, an elite defense, but cannot do much on the offensive side of the ball. The loss of Maclin hurt them. The key to this game is getting Doug going (they are not that great against the run) AND testing Marcus Peters. Marcus Peters is an interesting corner. He gets beat a lot, and thrown a lot, but makes up for it by forcing a lot of turnovers. Thought the link below was very interesting. He’s a lot like Asante Samuel imo.

https://theringer.com/marcus-peters-chiefs-new-favorite-cornerback-a4748cad02a4#.rw7b0heoe

Jameis needs to pick and choose his risk wisely. I don’t think we should start out slinging it (like we did against Arizona, tested Peterson early), but we can’t stay in a hole the whole game. This is a winnable game believe it or not.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    red816
    Participant

Many of you are underestimating the chiefs offense. They may not have star power, but Andy Reid has them well coached and they don’t turn the ball over – it’s a winning formula.

Doug needs a monster game for us to compete with Kansas City. I just don’t see our receivers, except for Evans, winning their match-ups against the chiefs secondary.

Lets hope the offensive line can protect Jameis better as of recently because this game could get ugly if we start turning the ball over. Jameis needs to be a game manager this week, not the hero.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    RogerGoodellSucks
    Participant

Sounds like Justin Houston is playing this week. Dotson/D-Smith better pull their heads out of their asses this week or they’re going to get Jameis killed.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TampaBucks05
    Participant

Our OT play has been awful the entire season and Houston is set to come back this week. Our OL needs to step up big time. I wouldn’t be surprised at ANY score. This game is a total coin flip IMO. It doesn’t help that Arrowhead is the loudest outdoor stadium in THE WORLD.

Prediction:

Aguayo for the game winner…..

Chiefs 23 (14 defensive)

Bucs 24

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Detrimental
    Participant

Smith and Dotson are going to get owned. If Bucs have to throw the ball more than 35 times this game will be a L.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    VirgilCaine
    Participant

tough freakin game, especially if our tackles play like they did against the Bears

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucNCane
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Evans Peters match up should be fun to watch.</p>

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    CaptainStagger
    Participant

Worth noting, the Chiefs have a prime time game vs the Broncos next week…..couple that with the idea that coming off a win will not make them as motivated as coming off a loss (see cardinals v Bucs game) and they just might be looking past us toward Denver.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Bucs N Beers
    Participant

They need to come out and hit a good screen early in the game to put a little hitch in passrushers heads.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Swillyboy15
    Participant

Id like to see Doug run right at Houston. Put the jumbo set in (idk if stocker is playing) double Houston and eliminate him from the play. Double teaming him play after play will wear him out by the second half and slow down his rush. Throw quick screens and let Jameis move the pocket some as well.

I hope to see us spread them out, 4 or 5 wide and throw some 50/50 balls Evans’ way also. Peters is a very good QB but theres probably not a CB in the league that can jump with Evans.

Jumbo set, run often, quick ACCURATE passes and more importantly this week than maybe any other BALL CONTROL.

I think its do-able. 100% depends on which Bucs team shows up.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    xbucsx_4_xevax
    Participant

Watch them go off just like every other that struggles before they play us… it’s gonna be a get well game for the chiefs.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    RogerGoodellSucks
    Participant

Pamphile isn’t playing Sunday. Not good.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    ISLAND BUCS
    Participant

The Thursday injury report had Hawley and Pamphile practicing fully.

The line stays at KC favored by 7.5

A wild guess KC wins by 6——but how wonderful if the Bucs could squeak out a victory

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

TheChronicHotAir
    Participant

I will be at the game. Will take a ton of pics and video.
    Sitting Row 1 behind the Bucs bench. #whiteout

It’s suppose to be about 50 degrees at kickoff (High 54).

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.