Shop the newest Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan gear at Fanatics!

Let's Talk Cowboys

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Bucsfan79
    Participant

It’s called ball control. How long do they keep the ball per game and what’s their average PPGM when you factor in the other team’s possessions; for example, Dallas gives up X amount of points per 30 mins of opposition’s possession, and juxtapose that to other teams.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Havok904
    Participant

It’s victory Monday once again. So it’s on to the Cowboys, who lost last night to the New York football Giants, 7-10. The Boys are 11-2 with a rookie qb and a rookie running back. They are not playing like rookies but seasoned vets. Our old friend, Rod Marinelli, is doing an excellent job as their Defensive Coordinator. An argument can be made that when he left Tampa, the Tampa defense wasn’t the same. The Cowboy defense is playing well. It shows that the group is greater than the sum of its parts. Another old friend, Rich Bisaccia, heads up their special teams. Our special teams, especially Bryan Anger and Josh Robinson, have been outstanding. That must continue in order for the Bucs to get a victory in front of a national audience. The Bucs offense seems to be in a funk lately. It’s the NFL, (I am sure Saints posters are saying the same thing about their offense). They and Jameis have been taking care of the ball. I believe they will get thru this soon. But, the Bucs defense is outstanding in every way. So, it looks like it will be another low scoring, hard fought game against the Boys. If the Bucs can continue to get turnover, while taking care of the ball, victory will most likely be theirs. Go Bucs!

The Dallas Defense is average at best. They’re not blowing the doors off of offenses by no means.

Dallas’ defense is the 5th scoring defense in the NFL. They have been much better than average.

In terms of total defense they are.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TampaBucks05
    Participant

So, do you always try to “win” your arguments by changing your initial position?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Bucsfan4life323
    Participant

Win the game how they’ve been doing it, but they will have to do more vs. Cowboys. Run the ball, control the clock, and don’t turn the ball over. Bucs do those 3 things, they could win the game. Should be a good game.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

So, do you always try to “win” your arguments by changing your initial position?

I didn’t change my initial position ya’ dumb azz.

Have your mom read the thread for you.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Biggs3535
    Participant

It’s victory Monday once again. So it’s on to the Cowboys, who lost last night to the New York football Giants, 7-10. The Boys are 11-2 with a rookie qb and a rookie running back. They are not playing like rookies but seasoned vets. Our old friend, Rod Marinelli, is doing an excellent job as their Defensive Coordinator. An argument can be made that when he left Tampa, the Tampa defense wasn’t the same. The Cowboy defense is playing well. It shows that the group is greater than the sum of its parts. Another old friend, Rich Bisaccia, heads up their special teams. Our special teams, especially Bryan Anger and Josh Robinson, have been outstanding. That must continue in order for the Bucs to get a victory in front of a national audience. The Bucs offense seems to be in a funk lately. It’s the NFL, (I am sure Saints posters are saying the same thing about their offense). They and Jameis have been taking care of the ball. I believe they will get thru this soon. But, the Bucs defense is outstanding in every way. So, it looks like it will be another low scoring, hard fought game against the Boys. If the Bucs can continue to get turnover, while taking care of the ball, victory will most likely be theirs. Go Bucs!

The Dallas Defense is average at best. They’re not blowing the doors off of offenses by no means.

Dallas’ defense is the 5th scoring defense in the NFL. They have been much better than average.

When they start giving out Wins and Losses based on yards, you give me a shout.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TampaBucks05
    Participant

So, do you always try to “win” your arguments by changing your initial position?

I didn’t change my initial position ya’ dumb azz. Have your mom read the thread for you.

Wow! Now we are name-calling. Good for you.

Let’s review:

First you say that “The Dallas Defense is average at best” (pay attention, those last two words are key).

Next, you change your argument to Dallas’ defense is average in terms of total yard allowed.

This thread has become reminiscent of last week when you began by saying that Brees was a threat as a roll out passer before changing your argument to Brees is a threat because of his elusiveness in the pocket.

You are either being a troll or you are illiterate.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Mic
    Participant

We need come back out with the bully the bully mentality back in Seattle and hit them in the mouth when we come out and shut the crowd up.  Let em know nothing will be given to Zeke. The fans expect them to waltz in there and win and the cowboys expect to waltz in there and win, give em nothing

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TampaBucks05
    Participant

I’ve been hearing all week that big man JJ continues to undermine Jason Garett’s decisions regarding Romo and Dak. Personally, I would love to see Jerry phone in Romo at some point during Sundays game so we can watch our DL break another one of his bones. Then they would be forced to put Dak back in. Think about what a series of events like that would do to the Cowboys organization.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    GottaJaboo
    Blocked

I’ve been hearing all week that big man JJ continues to undermine Jason Garett’s decisions regarding Romo and Dak. Personally, I would love to see Jerry phone in Romo at some point during Sundays game so we can watch our DL break another one of his bones. Then they would be forced to put Dak back in. Think about what a series of events like that would do to the Cowboys organization.

I’m telling, for the first time in a long long time, we can be the impetus for the collapse of another franchise. Like people will be saying “……I think if you go back to that Sunday night game with the Bucs, even more so than the Giants game……………..that is where the wheels really started to come off this thing…..”

I love being the underdog with the defense we are putting out there. Ayers for president!!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M - "coaching can’t fix this".

red816
    Participant

I’ll be attending this game – very excited!

I’ve been rubbing it in my friend’s faces all year about how we beat them last year. What a pleasure it would be for that to continue.

We can beat Dallas. Our defense needs to contain Zeke, plain and simple.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

When they start giving out Wins and Losses based on yards, you give me a shout.

I don’t where the that gem of wisdom came from.

In this  thread,  I was referring to the caliber of the Dallas defense.

The Cowboy defense is average in every sense of the word other than that defensive stat you came up with.

When they start giving out wins and loses based on just defensive scoring let me know.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2015&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Biggs3535
    Participant

When they start giving out wins and loses based on just defensive scoring let me know.

Sweet Geebus….

The Cowboys defense is not average in the stat that matters, which is points – in case that still eludes you.  You can keep acting as if they are, but they aren’t.  They aren’t 11-2 with an average defense.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

Sweet Geebus…. The Cowboys defense is not average in the stat that matters, which is points – in case that still eludes you. You can keep acting as if they are, but they aren’t. They aren’t 11-2 with an average defense.

Like I said before it was comment about the overall caliber of the Dallas defense.

With their schedule, it’s easy to pad your stats. If you look at their record, you will find that they struggled against the better teams and crushed the likes of the Browns and 49ers.

That jacked up stat you keep bringing up is misleading at best.

The Chargers and Saints are better than them in that regard and they don’t have a chance in hell of making the playoff

The Steelers, Chiefs, Lions, Broncos, Bucs, Seahawks, and Vikings are worse and they are all in the playoff hunt.

Bottom line is the Cowboys have a excellent rush defense, but give up the booty in the passing game.

Now run along and play in the street….

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TampaBucks05
    Participant

Hey look, he did it again. Lol.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.