Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• Swash

Participant

This has to be the most watched battle in training camp, right?

Rojo damn there had 1000 yards despite a late season finger break.

Fournette being a nonfactor during majority of the season, turned on the jets and looked like a stud in the playoffs.

And, now Bernard coming in as one the best 3rd down back of the last decade. Still looked good last year for the Bengals. Could he end up seeing the field more than the other two? Atleast he catches the damn ball.

Is it still Rojo’s starting job to lose? How do y’all think it’ll shake out?

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I think they start fournette but play the hot hand in which no one is the clear cut starter unless they are head and shoulders consistently better than the other

Bernard probably sees slot if playing time if we are passing mode or down in games but to close out games I see them rolling with Leny or rojo

• Boid Fink

Participant

What about Sneak? He started out being in the doghouse this season, but he may have improved. It isn’t like he was slacking when he decided to catch passes from Brady…

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Except at QB, we are incredibly deep at all the skill positions. My impression is all the top 3 RBs like being here and having Arians as their leader, so I don’t see any controversy happening among them. As for fans, a whole ‘nother matter…😎

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Yeah,we should remember Vaughn was a 3rd round pick in a year with limited practice before the season. He could definitely ddevelop as a receiving back with more practice. A hard working kid, so I wouldn’t write him off….

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I don’t see how Vaughn gets on the field

• Roy

Participant

I don’t see how Vaughn gets on the field

I don’t think the top four have to worry about their spots. But those who can’t catch out of the backfield may find their playing time being more limited. That means if Vaughn could push Jones for some playing time if Jones doesn’t improve his pass catching.

• m_j

Participant

vaughn is one fumble away from being cut

• Bucman

Participant

Don’t think its really interesting. The top 3 are basically set. They will all have different roles. Fournette is likely to be the “starter”

• Boid Fink

Participant

Jones has a 97 yard TD to his resume. He has come close to shaking more than a half dozen more for big gain but he got dropped by some nice tackling. Very close. I’ve always said this about Jones. He’s a big play. He ain’t going nowhere.

RoJo and 4net are locks. Bernard is a lock. And Sneak is a lock. End of food chain.

• seekpar

Participant

There might be some one-sided games where Vaughn sees the field. Otherwise it’s the big 3 that will get the most touches this season.

• JC5100

Participant

RB is a week to week position. They’re going to get hurt, going to fumble, going to get hot, etc.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by JC5100.

• NotDeadYet

Participant

In a 17 game season, Vaughn should see the field. Injuries do happen…. Hopefully nothing severe..

• Runole

Participant

RB is a week to week position. They’re going to get hurt, going to fumble, going to get hot, etc.

Realistic take. I see rb by committee with no one being the #1 back.
      All 4 will get carries. Injuries and health being the determiner.
      No Buc back is an every down back. JMO but I see a lot of deception on when any back
      is in there no matter what the down and distance with the final decision maker behind
      the center. Brady is a luxury few teams have. Most have to look to the bench for the
      play call.

• Roy

Participant

That’s the way it was last year, and that may be more than just the “hot hand”. They have to keep these guys fresh.

As for Vaughn, what is the reason Arians is talking him up? Arians has his reasons for saying things. Is he just trying to give the kid a boost, or is there more to it?

• nybuccguy

Participant

Fournette has the whole anti-vaccine thing going on. I think its related to that.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He isn’t “the whole anti-vaccine” anything. I am vaccinated, took the guinea pig challenge. I have reasons, only related to the fact I would risk anything to protect vulnerable members of my family. Science is always a better roll of the dice than conspiracy theorists antics and rambling will be, in my eyes. YouTube videos are monetized to help lazy turds create bullshit channels and make money. Some of it is legit. But check your bullshit detectors. That rambling PSA aside, I think people ABSOLUTELY have a right to decline. And I would not fault them for it, and I think businesses have a right to do as they please regarding this. So in the end, you have to truly question how deeply you feel about it. Is it about the money? Or is it about your convictions? If I felt like Cole Beasley, I would consider the fact I have a lot of money already, and bounce. He feels that strong about it. But 4net has deleted tweets regarding this, and is clearly on the fence imo. Sorry to ramble. But wearing masks and getting weird vaccines doesn’t concern me. I am mortal, cosmic dust. I am not that serious a deal. None of you are. Go Bucs.

Fournette has the whole anti-vaccine thing going on. I think its related to that.

• inspecto

Participant

ya just ruined my day, I’m not a serious a deal :)

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

Giovanni Bernard seems like the type of RB whom will be used a lot more down the stretch of the season and in a lot more situations in the playoffs than in the regular season. He’s the “Brady Back” on the team right now. This team is deep at RB, not great but deep, which is what is needed if you are going to make a long run into the playoffs. When was the last time a team relied on a great RB to win a Super Bowl, because the NFL is a passing league now, but having a decent and healthy backfield is always needed in certain situations in order to keep the turnovers low and the clock moving.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Rojo was banged up all year, had COVID, and Fournette took over in the playoffs.

I still think Rojo’s the more explosive runner, he’s by far the best pure runner on the team.. but if he can’t figure out how to pass block, we’ll be seeing plenty of Gio Bernard on third downs, and Lenny will take some of his work on early downs.

I feel with our depth we’ll be able to overcome nagging injuries without missing a beat, and that’s the most important thing.

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

1a Rojo
      1b Fournette
      Bernard
      Vaughn

If Rojo can catch it will be 1 and 2 with him and Fournette. Fournette’s ego seems to get in his own head.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Rojo will start he’s the most explosive with Fournette closing games out or coming in if Rojo fumbles. I like Gio on 3rd down and the 2 minute mark he is going to be huge in this offense.

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

Bernard could end up being a goal line back also. He seemed to good at that despite his size and is what Brady likes near the goal line anyway. Teams are just not going to be able to figure out this offense.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.