Shop the newest Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan gear at Fanatics!

Let's Talk Saints

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Iowabucfan
    Participant

It’s victory Monday and it’s time to talk about the Saints.
    It’s another important game and a division game. Drew Brees is another qb that scares me. He is a future hall of famer and a Super Bowl champion. The Saints are desperate, too.
    But, the Saints only managed 13 points against the Lions. They had about 50 yards rushing and Brees threw 3 picks. I am sure Smitty is studying that game tape. The defense must repeat that performance for the Bucs to have a shot. I am very confident in the offense. But, they cannot get in a track meet with the Saints. Jameis must take care of the ball. The one pick he threw in SD did not hurt them.
    Isn’t this exciting that the Bucs are playing important December games with confidence?
    Go Bucs!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17

Detrimental
    Participant

Should be a W but against Brees anything can happen. Their CB play is awful and Evans should have a huge day against Moore or the other guy #40. The Saints DL is semi decent with Fairly, Rankins, and Jordan but it should not be too tall of a task for our OL to keep Winston upright. I see the Lions played a lot of zone yesterday and Brees arm looked extremely weak. I think we win and Jameis has a big day.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    STULAAKE
    Participant

Should be a W but against Brees anything can happen. Their CB play is awful and Evans should have a huge day against Moore or the other guy #40. The Saints DL is semi decent with Fairly, Rankins, and Jordan but it should not be too tall of a task for our OL to keep Winston upright. I see the Lions played a lot of zone yesterday and Brees arm looked extremely weak. I think we win and Jameis has a big day.

#40 Delvin Breaux

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Division rivals. Tough game. Don’t over look the fact this team can scorch teams on offense, Bucs need to play hard. They cannot fall asleep on this team, get craftier.

Bucs are a better team, but that doesn’t matter. They need to keep Jameis upright, get a run game established, play penalty free (or close), turnover ratio has to be equal or plus ratio, and keep Brees off the field. No soft zones with a lead, either.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Easythe great
    Participant

We gotta run the ball and keep Breesus on the sidelines. Saints are always a tough matchup but this team is rolling right now and I think we can win this game

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Bucs fan from Texas.. FIRE THE CANNONS!!!

Havok904
    Participant

The Bucs D should produce at least two sacks and least one turnover.

The Bucs have to keep Brees contained in the pocket to prevent him from rolling out to extend plays.

Pressure up the middle will cause Brees problems because of his short statue. The Saints OL will want to open up passing lanes up front for him to see.

Shanko will have to give us at least 6 points.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucsBay
    Participant

Mark Ingram probably isn’t going to go, and the Saints looked really undisciplined in a lot of areas yesterday. With Brees you never know, but I’m pretty confident about this one. I think they’ll be much tougher in their place in 2 weeks (unless they decide to play for the pick at that point).

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You never know. I’m going to say this is a TRAP game for the Bucs, who might be thinking further than what’s in front of their noses. They have a EXPLOSIVE offense run by a future HOFer (who is cheap), and the team isn’t above being low down. Running the score up on Williams…they are going to look to crush the Bucs underfoot. For the sake of me being a negative, cranky dude, I say the Bucs play sloppy and make the Saints defense look far better than it is. Sound familiar?  Saints should pull this out.

What say you (Donkey Hunter, you azz hat, 😂😎…)?!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    NotDeadYet
    Participant

We tend to be up and down playing them, and the reverse too. Home field means nothing; too often after a W there, we flop in Tampa when they visit… Cross fingers AND toes for this one…

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucNCane
    Participant

At least we should have a pretty explosive crowd on sunday. And I’m pretty sure Brees is one of the QBs that always whines about our field (which is usually rated one of, if not THE, best).

Brees ain’t getting out of the pocket. Our DEs and LBs are too fast for that noise.

I think the Saints have a letdown game after having their playoffs dashed. I think our team is too young and too energized to have a letdown game right now.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    N-Y
    Participant

the local fans need to show up big for this game, stadium needs to be loud and those buccaneers flags need to be flying all over the staidum

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    jwash8503
    Participant

The Saints started our 4 game losing streak during our playoff push last year, didn’t they?

It will be awesomely ironic if we kick off the last quarter of the season by taking them out this time.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

the local fans need to show up big for this game, stadium needs to be loud and those buccaneers flags need to be flying all over the staidum

<p style=”text-align: left;”>
    How about the defense just punishes the Saints offense, and Winston throws seven TDs?  That works for me.</p>

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TampaBucks05
    Participant

The Saints started our 4 game losing streak during our playoff push last year, didn’t they? It will be awesomely ironic if we kick off the last quarter of the season by taking them out this time.

It would be! If Ingram is out and the fans show up (two things that I think will happen) we should be able to handle this Saints team without incident. Evans is going to bust Moore’s ass all over that field on Sunday (don’t forget that Moore was labeled a “locker room cancer”, so I’m sure there is no shortage of hard feelings between him and the Bucs organization).

As far as another poster suggesting that Brees might “roll out of the pocket” and beat us deep…. I just have to chuckle. The guy was never a mobile QB and his age is catching up to him. Couple that with the way our defensive front has been playing and its just hard to even imagine a scenario where Brees beats us on a roll out. In fact, I hope the guy tries that nonsense, that way I can watch Noah Spence break his shoulder.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Cocky. Not a good way to go…

Brees has put up some good numbers. Respect that.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.