Shop the newest Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan gear at Fanatics!

Let's Talk Seahawks

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Hayseed
    Participant

Weakest part of their team is the O-Line. Pressure, pressure, pressure.

D-Line is probably second weakest….though that doesn’t mean they’re weak. The secondary and backers are just THAT good.

We HAVE to be able to run the ball. Period. Long, sustained drives are key. Honestly, we need the exact same game  plan we had against KC. Except this time, we need to open up some holes for Doug.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Any hopes of a Packer comeback died amidst a crimson wave of destruction.

andyh64000
    Participant

Just to answer some questions…

Sherman does on occasion follow around a team’s top receiver but this sometimes leads to coverage confusion and broken coverages (see Atlanta). I think they will play straight up this week with Sherman staying on left side. The only unknown is the health of Earl Thomas..,he grabbed his hammy late in the game yesterday and the Seahawks have not given a status update.

Prosise is out (maybe for the season) but Rawls was always going to take most of the snaps going forward anyway. Still he was showing some flashes so it is definitely a loss.

The offensive line is playing much better these past few weeks. I guess I would still say it is the Seahawks biggest weakness but not the huge liability it was to start the season.

Russell Wilson is finally healthy and it really showed this week (and last week).

Kam is finally healthy and it REALLY showed these past two weeks. Without him they don’t beat the Patriots and might not beat the Eagles (if he had played they probably win that Saints game).

#2 Corner Deshawn Shead left after one series yesterday with a hamstring injury that he had felt in practice. There isn’t much drop off with the next two corners but it really hurts depth.

I am really glad this is a 1pm pacific game…(thinking about spending some miles to see the game).

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I feel no optimism. We always match good with Chiefs, I knew we’d get a chance there! Next week we’re getting different beast in the town , don’t be surprised if you see blowout. Noone happier than me if I’m wrong, but I am afraid that’s how its gonna be

I have to respectfully disagree on a blow out. It wouldn’t surprise me if they win. But, I don’t Jameis will allow a blow out to happen. Seattle did lose to New Orleans a few weeks ago. So, anything is possible. Go Bucs!

Winston can’t do it all, we’ve been blown out two (arguably three) times this year so far… Did Winston ‘allow’ those to happen?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Iowabucfan
    Participant

I feel no optimism. We always match good with Chiefs, I knew we’d get a chance there! Next week we’re getting different beast in the town , don’t be surprised if you see blowout. Noone happier than me if I’m wrong, but I am afraid that’s how its gonna be

I have to respectfully disagree on a blow out. It wouldn’t surprise me if they win. But, I don’t Jameis will allow a blow out to happen. Seattle did lose to New Orleans a few weeks ago. So, anything is possible. Go Bucs!

Winston can’t do it all, we’ve been blown out two (arguably three) times this year so far… Did Winston ‘allow’ those to happen?

You got a point. But, this is a different, better team now. That was what I was trying to say. Go Bucs!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17

DonkeyHunter
    Participant

Seattle is not an offensive juggernaut. They’re actually averaging less points per game than we are. However, my biggest concern with their offense is Graham. We simply can’t cover TE’s. If I’m Carrol, I’m running Graham on seam and post routes all day.

I think the answer for us will be to attack their d-line with 2 TE and jumbo packages. Run the ball early and often. Work in some screens and quick slants. Take the occasional PA shot down field. But, we should have some moderate success in the run game against them.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    nitey
    Participant

Earl Thomas, DeShawn Shead, Michael Bennett likely out for Seahawks against Bucs

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on November 23, 2016, 10:56 PM EST

SEATTLE, WA – AUGUST 22:  Punt returner Earl Thomas #29 (R) of the Seattle Seahawks celebrates with strong DeShawn Shead #35 after returning a punt for a long gain against the Chicago Bears at CenturyLink Field on August 22, 2014 in Seattle, Washington.

It’s a good thing that the Seahawks have built a cushion in the NFC West and the race for a first-round bye because they are limping in to Sunday’s game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Eleven different players did not practice for the Seahawks on Wednesday due to injuries. The most notable of the group were free safety Earl Thomas, cornerback Deshawn Shead and defensive end Michael Bennett.

Thomas and Shead both left Sunday’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles due to first-degree hamstring strains. Head coach Pete Carroll said Wednesday that it’s doubtful either will be able to play against the Buccaneers.

“I would think so, it’s going to be hard for those guys to make it back,” he said.

Thomas has not missed a game in his career. He’s started 106 consecutive games for Seattle and played through a torn laburm in his shoulder in the 2015 NFC Championship and Super Bowl XLIX.

Bennett is also expected to miss a fifth straight game while working his way back from knee surgery last month.

“It’s going to be really hard for Michael to make it this week. We were hoping, he was really hopeful, but I think it’s going to be pretty tough, it would be a big turnaround. It’s more like it looks like he will be ready to go next week.”

Also not practicing for Seattle on Wednesday were running backs C.J. Prosise (fractured scapula) and Troymaine Pope (high-ankle sprain), receiver Tanner McEvoy (toe sprain), linebacker Brock Coyle (foot sprain), defensive end Damontre Moore (foot), center Justin Britt (ankle), tight end Jimmy Graham (knee) and cornerback Richard Sherman (ankle). Linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis was limited with a hamstring strain.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Bschucher
    Participant

Earl Thomas, DeShawn Shead, Michael Bennett likely out for Seahawks against Bucs

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on November 23, 2016, 10:56 PM EST

SEATTLE, WA – AUGUST 22: Punt returner Earl Thomas #29 (R) of the Seattle Seahawks celebrates with strong DeShawn Shead #35 after returning a punt for a long gain against the Chicago Bears at CenturyLink Field on August 22, 2014 in Seattle, Washington.

It’s a good thing that the Seahawks have built a cushion in the NFC West and the race for a first-round bye because they are limping in to Sunday’s game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Eleven different players did not practice for the Seahawks on Wednesday due to injuries. The most notable of the group were free safety Earl Thomas, cornerback Deshawn Shead and defensive end Michael Bennett.

Thomas and Shead both left Sunday’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles due to first-degree hamstring strains. Head coach Pete Carroll said Wednesday that it’s doubtful either will be able to play against the Buccaneers.

“I would think so, it’s going to be hard for those guys to make it back,” he said.

Thomas has not missed a game in his career. He’s started 106 consecutive games for Seattle and played through a torn laburm in his shoulder in the 2015 NFC Championship and Super Bowl XLIX.

Bennett is also expected to miss a fifth straight game while working his way back from knee surgery last month.

“It’s going to be really hard for Michael to make it this week. We were hoping, he was really hopeful, but I think it’s going to be pretty tough, it would be a big turnaround. It’s more like it looks like he will be ready to go next week.”

Also not practicing for Seattle on Wednesday were running backs C.J. Prosise (fractured scapula) and Troymaine Pope (high-ankle sprain), receiver Tanner McEvoy (toe sprain), linebacker Brock Coyle (foot sprain), defensive end Damontre Moore (foot), center Justin Britt (ankle), tight end Jimmy Graham (knee) and cornerback Richard Sherman (ankle). Linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis was limited with a hamstring strain.

THAT is something to watch! See if he goes at all today.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    nitey
    Participant

With the Hawks having a 3 game lead and having to fly cross country with a lot of key players on the injury list we won’t have a better chance to beat them on Sunday. Carroll is a good coach and I suspect he’ll be protective of his players on Sunday so you might see some reduced reps for the injured starters that do play as the last thing he’ll want is to make a players injury worse.

That said, I’m still expecting a top effort out of Seattle on Sunday, but if our team plays as well on Sunday as they did against the Chief’s, I think we can win this game. Everything we did last Sunday has to be repeated, but IMO this game is going to mean more for the Bucs than it’s going to mean to Seattle.

Looking forward to the game – how we respond on Sunday will probably tell us how this team performs the last 5 games of the season.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.