Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 49 reply threads

• Author

• jbear

Participant

Cheers from Fire as Megan Rappinoe becomes Victoria Secrets’s new spokesperson.

Thank you benevolent left for virtue signaling all of us into vilifying hetero sexual sex once and for all. One group that will be having a lot more sex is militant feminist lesbians who have been angry for some time about the demeaning and degrading role women play in sex…. disgusting.

No shame in rubbing lady parts together though. Scissoring is not at all disgusting and anyone who thinks it is will be shot with dear leaders anti aircraft gun and fed to the capitol guard dogs.

• jbear

Participant

I just want to say once and for all, THANK YOU FIRE! You saved the planet.

• jbear

Participant

no word yet on the grace period we will be given to fully embrace having sex with our wives wearing our tighty whities in the GND phase one. Hoping it’s a long time because I really hope to be dead before phase two when wives get strap on’s surgically attached…. for the good of all.

Again, thanks a lot fire. You ended injustice everywhere!

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I want to be angry at the stupidty of this thread but for whatever reason it’s just hilarious to me.

Bravo jbear, you’ve become kkkron

• Charles

Participant

Ho lee fuk you’re a nutjob.

Go over to 4 chan and leave us alone. Whackjob.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

He’s become Kkkron

• Roy

Participant

Have you heard of birth control? People don’t have more babies just because they are having more sex. Maybe one way to have more babies is to make it more affordable? Its a hell of a challenge financially to start a family for anyone, but particularly for some 20 somethings. And you can’t survive on one paycheck, so its tough to afford to have a family anymore. We need the GOVERNMENT to do something about that, don’t we.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

People suck and there are already plenty of them…

/end thread

• Anonymous

Inactive

Megan Rappinoe becomes Victoria Secrets’s new spokesperson.

Thank you benevolent left for virtue signaling all of us into vilifying hetero sexual sex once and for all.

I think Fire compared you to KKKChron. Makes sense then that your rant is false or erroneous

https://www.victoriassecret.com/us/thevscollective

JBear is all for “free market” EXCEPT when it reminds him how far in the past he lives

• Roy

Participant

Yeah I guess when it comes to Libertarians, they don’t want the government to do anything about a problem. So the best thing to do is whine and complain about something for no reason. I’d like to know from JBear (who has yet to respond to my post) how he thinks things get accomplished in his ideal nation where government doesn’t do anything besides maybe keep enough of an army to defend the borders. But other than that it’s pretty much fend for yourselves. OK what do people do to solve problems then? Shouldn’t Libertarians be all in favor of “cancel culture” then where society accomplishes things using peer pressure?

For example, this problem of “Americans” not reproducing fast enough. You are whining about it, JBear. So OK lets assume for the sake of argument that this is a real problem, and I’m not denying it. In a Libertarian nation, what should be done to solve it? What do you do? Just send out suggestions? You have opinions about what’s wrong with the country, but Libertarians don’t think government should get involved. So what are you doing by complaining about something you don’t think anything should be done about? Nobody likes somebody who just complains but doesn’t want to do anything. Obviously, I don’t understand Libertarianism, so enlighten me. I’d really like a serious answer.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Roy.
      • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Roy.

• Biggs3535

Participant

We need the GOVERNMENT to do something about that, don’t we.

When isn’t that the answer to the question for you people?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Better than being too chicken shit to answer, like you…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I guess when it comes to Libertarians, they don’t want the government to do anything about a problem.

US Libertarians are themselves the BENEFICIARIES of the government doing many things about problems.

That’s what makes the “fundamentalist” Libertarian so absurd.

That and that many of them are not actual Libertarians they just use the name as cover

• Roy

Participant

We need the GOVERNMENT to do something about that, don’t we.

When isn’t that the answer to the question for you people?

OK, I’ll bite. What’s the answer?

Yes. Government is a way for people of a nation to get things done in an organized manner so that everyone isn’t going off half-cocked on their own like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. That is what government is supposed to be. It doesn’t always work out that way, but that is what a government is for – to get things done.

But OK, here you have a problem stated by a Libertarian. A liberal like myself wants to use government to solve it. A libertarian probably doesn’t want government to solve it, but I think its a fair question to ask how a libertarian would approach the problem that he himself has brought up. Don’t you? There must be more to the Libertarian philosophy than just “Lets piss and moan about problems but not do anything about them.” I’m pretty certain there is, but I don’t know what it is. Do you? Here’s the opportunity for JBear to help us understand what a Libertarian believes.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There must be more to the Libertarian philosophy than just “Lets piss and moan about problems but not do anything about them.”

Well …

• Biggs3535

Participant

It doesn’t always work out that way, but that is what a government is for – to get things done

And they are oh-so-good at getting things done. Just to name a few:

– War on Drugs
      – Department of Education
      – Infrastructure
      – War on Poverty

The government has been involved in “family planning” for decades now, with housing assistance (1934), food stamps (1939), funding Planned Parenthood (1970), and many other government assistance programs. Why is this still such a problem when your wonderful governmental policies have been trying to fix it for over 80 years? Somehow, you people keep coming up with the same wrong answer.

But OK, here you have a problem stated by a Libertarian. A liberal like myself wants to use government to solve it. A libertarian probably doesn’t want government to solve it, but I think its a fair question to ask how a libertarian would approach the problem that he himself has brought up. Don’t you?

The tongue-and-cheek problem the OP stated is not the same as the strawman problem you built and I just annihilated, Professor.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Biggs not answering a question?

Shocking…

You know that any monkey can point out a gap.

It takes intelligence to point out a solution.

In my experience, many Libertarians offer nothing of substance… only the gap.

Valor or progress.

Roy asked a compelling question… we agree many times on the gap but not the solution…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Biggs not answering a question?

Which question hasn’t been answered Mr. Mayor?

In my experience, many Libertarians offer nothing of substance… only the gap.

Considering personal responsibility is a concept lost on you and your ilk, I don’t find this surprising in the least.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why is this still such a problem when your wonderful governmental policies have been trying to fix it for over 80 years?

Mind numbing ignorance

• Anonymous

Inactive

WHAT IS YOUR SOLUTION?

This is why I agreed with the comment that faux libertarians just want a gripe

• Biggs3535

Participant

WHAT IS YOUR SOLUTION?

Solution to what? The OP yanking your chain or the strawman Professor Dumbass built?

Ask the question you’re longing for me to answer.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Still can’t answer it…

You’re such a fucking beta bitch

• Biggs3535

Participant

Still can’t answer it…

You’re such a fucking beta bitch

I understand words are hard for you, Mr. Mayor. This is now the third post that you are unable to clarify what you are asking.

Copy and past the question you are so yearning to hear my wisdom on, if that is easier. If not, kindly STFU.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Sure thing, Dr. Beta.

Roll over

• Biggs3535

Participant

Sure thing, Dr. Beta.

Roll over

Words are, indeed, hard.

0-for-4

• FireLicht2020

Participant

You’re literally gonna play the “I know you are but what am I”?

Scroll up like a big boy, and READ.

For example, this problem of “Americans” not reproducing fast enough. You are whining about it, JBear. So OK lets assume for the sake of argument that this is a real problem, and I’m not denying it. In a Libertarian nation, what should be done to solve it? What do you do? Just send out suggestions? You have opinions about what’s wrong with the country, but Libertarians don’t think government should get involved. So what are you doing by complaining about something you don’t think anything should be done about? Nobody likes somebody who just complains but doesn’t want to do anything. Obviously, I don’t understand Libertarianism, so enlighten me. I’d really like a serious answer.

Found this after scrolling for 5 seconds.

Now that I’ve done your work for you, go ahead and respond…

And this just one of a million examples where you blatantly side step the topic, declare victory, then say “wuuuut?”… followed by whatever dumbass insult you’ve come up with these days

• jbear

Participant

anyone, but particularly for some 20 somethings. And you can’t survive on one paycheck, so its tough to afford to have a family anymore. We need the GOVERNMENT to do something about that, don’t we.

lol

NO!!!!

But it’s going to be especially tough to start a family when you and the rest of the left spend every waking moment attacking every aspect of the traditional nuclear family. In this case, it’s making what’s sexy politically correct…. even if it isn’t sexy any more.

Look Roy, you’re a man right? Angels or sweaty Megan Rapanoe prancing around in women’s boxer briefs?

• jbear

Participant

Megan Rappinoe becomes Victoria Secrets’s new spokesperson.

Thank you benevolent left for virtue signaling all of us into vilifying hetero sexual sex once and for all.

I think Fire compared you to KKKChron. Makes sense then that your rant is false or erroneous

https://www.victoriassecret.com/us/thevscollective

JBear is all for “free market” EXCEPT when it reminds him how far in the past he lives

I never said I blamed Victoria’s Secret for making a business decision after being guilted into the leftist view that hetero sex is the new “gross”. Demeaning, vulgar, rude whatever but it isn’t the company it’s the virtue signaling, PC police left that’s taking things too far.

The reason I bring it up is because people like you want us to look away, not make a fuss and just do what we’re told. The idea that society is being reformed in ways that not everyone is comfortable with and worse, that the new left is using violent tactics to force people to get in line. Even saying what I said here in a more public setting would get the person behind this avatar in hot water.

How dare this person think wonderful left wing activist and fuitcake Megan Rapinoe is gross. How dare this person think the sexist and demeaning images of women in lingere is acceptable or even worse… desirable.

You can mock me but I post shit like this to try to get people to think. This move by Victoria’s secret is culturally interesting.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

This is what you call “old man yells at clouds”.

Great work coffee

• Anonymous

Inactive

after being guilted into the leftist view that hetero sex is the new “gross”.

Lesotho

Megan Rapinoe is one of seven different people in first group

Of course Java is all over it

• jbear

Participant

Yeah I guess when it comes to Libertarians, they don’t want the government to do anything about a problem. So the best thing to do is whine and complain about something for no reason. I’d like to know from JBear (who has yet to respond to my post) how he thinks things get accomplished in his ideal nation where government doesn’t do anything besides maybe keep enough of an army to defend the borders. But other than that it’s pretty much fend for yourselves. OK what do people do to solve problems then? Shouldn’t Libertarians be all in favor of “cancel culture” then where society accomplishes things using peer pressure?

I appreciate that you are sincerely responding so I’ll try to be polite this once. lol

Getting things accomplished is not the goal of government. The goal is to maintain the rights promised to it’s citizens in the constitution. Ideally, people would resolve conflicts through a robust and fair judicial system just as we do now however a libertarian like society would rely even more heavily on the judicial system. The argument against a libertarian government from the left is always this idea that some people are too dumb, too weak, too incompetent to survive without the government providing everything they supposedly need. But libertarianism is also about voluntary cooperation. It’s never against people voluntarily banding together to attack corporations or to fight injustice.

There are a lot of misconceptions about what a libertarian like society would actually look like. Listen to Karma and you’ll believe it’s the wild west where all the innocent good people get trampled on by the rich and greedy corporations but if you open your mind a little you might find some interesting ideas that might have a chance to flourish.

Now the peer pressure thing is another misnomer popular with the left wingers. Where this entire argument fell apart was when the left started condoning violence in their efforts to create a perfect world. This statement will cause you and Karma to take a step back but hear me out. Violence isn’t just denying that groups like antifa don’t exist or making excuses for them because they mean well, it’s also aggressive doxing of free speech. It’s also the fact that much of the left has unabashedly turned away from supporting free speech at all anymore. Attacking free speech with aggressive actions whether it’s physically attacking someone for speaking or burning books or just harassing people for having a viewpoint you don’t like. It’s all violence.

Look, most conservative Christians believe that people are allowed to be whatever they want. Queer, straight, trans, whatever. There is a small minority who believe that it is their duty to make sure that everyone knows that they view homosexuality or whatever, as a sin and evil. In a free society that’s ok. It’s ok for people to have opinions and to let people hear them but it’s not ok to harass people in any way.

In a libertarian society it’s only the Government that isn’t allowed to treat people differently based on race, sex, sexual identity or whatever. In a libertarian society the government must see all it’s citizens in exactly the same way in everything. A person can be whatever they want to be. BUT, the government has no right or ability to enforce viewpoints or to make people associate or accept others.

In a libertarian society none of this is political. Low birth rates wouldn’t need to be addressed. If society evolves of it’s own accord to a point where we have a declining population then that’s the way it is supposed to be. There are reasons why a government may want to encourage people to have more children and I’m not against all of those options in every case. We’re already doing it with the child tax credit etc.

My point here was tongue in cheek. I didn’t really mean that we had a problem with Americans not having enough kids. I meant to highlight the politicalization of all this political correctness. What we have going on now is not an organic, grass roots thing. It’s big money politics. Almost all of the groups pushing these ideas of hetero sex being gross are political organizations. It’s political and that is what I’m against.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is what you call “old man yells at clouds”.

Great work coffee

Yep

• jbear

Participant

The government has been involved in “family planning” for decades now, with housing assistance (1934), food stamps (1939), funding Planned Parenthood (1970), and many other government assistance programs. Why is this still such a problem when your wonderful governmental policies have been trying to fix it for over 80 years? Somehow, you people keep coming up with the same wrong answer.

I was probably long winded enough already but this is great and I concur. Liberals always think they can fix the whole world by spending a little more, making a new law etc etc. It’s the reason the first thing Roy says in this thread is that he’s identified a problem and wants government to “fix” it.

If you have libertarian leanings you understand that this mindset is counter productive because more often than not the “solution” will cause more problems than it will fix. Somehow in liberal circles the past seems to never exist when it comes to identifying past missteps. Good intentions cannot look past basic fundamental truths about the nature of being human. Giving people everything they need is not always a good long term solution as even Jesus understood this. For Roy, the answer is always revolving around government providing whatever people “need” And in a society where the standard of living has increased hundreds of times over the last century pinning down what people really “need” is a never ending exercise in futility. That will never change.

• Biggs3535

Participant

You’re literally gonna play the “I know you are but what am I”?

Scroll up like a big boy, and READ.

Found this after scrolling for 5 seconds.

Now that I’ve done your work for you, go ahead and respond…

And this just one of a million examples where you blatantly side step the topic, declare victory, then say “wuuuut?”… followed by whatever dumbass insult you’ve come up with these days

Sweet Geebus, you’re 1-for-5. Keep working on those hard words, and you’ll get over the Mendoza line eventually.

For example, this problem of “Americans” not reproducing fast enough. You are whining about it, JBear. So OK lets assume for the sake of argument that this is a real problem, and I’m not denying it. In a Libertarian nation, what should be done to solve it?

My long-awaited answer to this probing question is…I don’t think Americans not producing fast enough is a problem, therefore no solution (government or otherwise) is required.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57003722

According to the CDC, this rate has generally been “below replacement” since 1971 and has consistently been below replacement since 2007. Today, the US total fertility rate sits at 1.6 – another record low.

….

The slowing US birth rate is echoed by worldwide trends.

While wealthy countries like Germany and Japan have seen slowing birth rates for some time, the same is now happening in middle-income countries as well, including Thailand and Brazil. Globally, the fertility rate is expected to fall below replacement levels – 2.1 births per woman – by 2070, according to a 2019 report from the UN.

Boy, I hope that was worth showing your ass, Mr. Mayor.

• jbear

Participant

WHAT IS YOUR SOLUTION?

And Fire makes my case. It’s downright offensive that to a left winger the entire world needs to be “Solved”.

The fact I like looking at beautiful women in lingere….. You’re working on it.
      That some Christian guy thinks homosexuality is a sin… working on it.
      That trans women can’t compete against girls in Florida… working on it.
      Not enough abortions… working on it.

And it has no end. Even you all must admit to yourselves at least that there is some perfect ending. What does that society look like? Because for some reason you’re all offended when I point out this simple fact. That these are just steps towards something. I’ve put my endgame out there many many times. I’m an open book.

Again, it is the politicalization that I have the biggest problem with. Societies change but in a free society the government stays out of it.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

“Not enough abortions”…

Bwuahahahahhaha omg!

The other way to think of that is _____?

Keep clowning yourself with your faux libertarian bullshit

• Anonymous

Inactive

that to a left winger the entire world needs to be “Solved”.

In another thread, you have your brain dead brother in Trumpism suggesting every social program is bad because they haven’t solved poverty

Maybe you two should take a moment, hug it out, and get your faux libertarian stories straight?

• jbear

Participant

No idea who you’re talking about or what their “libertarian story” is. I wonder if that’s anything like your “Republican” story?

• Anonymous

Inactive

the politicalization that I have the biggest problem with. Societies change but in a free society the government stays out of it.

So says the savant who says the civil war was a battle over states’ rights. Maybe the government should’ve stayed out of that one too … ya know… freedom and all that

• jbear

Participant

the politicalization that I have the biggest problem with. Societies change but in a free society the government stays out of it.

So says the savant who says the civil war was a battle over states’ rights. Maybe the government should’ve stayed out of that one too … ya know… freedom and all that

Of all the posters on this board you are by far the most dishonest liar by a country mile.

As I’ve said before, the Civil War was about a lot of things, foremost among them was hatred.

You can tie yourself in knots convincing yourself that the only thing the civil war was about was Racism if it makes you happy but you don’t have to be a dick about it.

What’s really hilarious is that the whole idea of racism as you understand it would have been completely alien to anyone who lived in that time. Even abolitionists often harbored “racist” by modern standars, views of non white races. But for you to insist on boiling everything down to this culture war “evil Whitey” nonsense is the ultimate mockery of critical thought.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of all the posters on this board you are by far the most dishonest liar by a country mile.

As I’ve said before, the Civil War was about a lot of things, foremost among them was hatred.

You can tie yourself in knots convincing yourself that the only thing the civil war was about was Racism if it makes you happy but you don’t have to be a dick about it.

What’s really hilarious is that the whole idea of racism as you understand it would have been completely alien to anyone who lived in that time. Even abolitionists often harbored “racist” by modern standars, views of non white races. But for you to insist on boiling everything down to this culture war “evil Whitey” nonsense is the ultimate mockery of critical thought.

Java point : government stay put of change in free society

Counter point : see Civil War as example that you’re talking out your ass

Sub point : you previously offered a bs rationalization about the civil war, so maybe your view of government is consistent

:-)

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Biggs: you didn’t answer the question. You finally did and you are certainly entitled to “it’s not a problem”.

But that certainly isn’t you owning me here, lmfao.

The point is that you AVOID the question, not whether you are right/wrong…

But on that note, it appears to me that too many (not all) Libertarians are taking the stance of sitting in a burning room and “this is fine”.

We get it, you hate government… sometimes you’re even right! Sometimes though, doing nothing is doing something.

Something to think about

• Biggs3535

Participant

Biggs: you didn’t answer the question. You finally did and you are certainly entitled to “it’s not a problem”.

But that certainly isn’t you owning me here, lmfao.

The point is that you AVOID the question, not whether you are right/wrong…

But on that note, it appears to me that too many (not all) Libertarians are taking the stance of sitting in a burning room and “this is fine”.

We get it, you hate government… sometimes you’re even right! Sometimes though, doing nothing is doing something.

Something to think about

I didn’t avoid anything. Quite the opposite. When I noticed you begging me to answer some random question, I asked you to specify the question you wanted to be addressed not once, not twice, not three times, but four fuggin’ times. All you had to do was clarify what you wanted. As soon as you did, your question was promptly answered.

You unnecessarily made an ass of yourself.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Because reading is hard for you, I’ll again point out that you could have EASILY found the question yourself but CHOSE not to…

As you do ALL THE TIME.

Next time you need a guide, I’ll expect a flat fee plus discretionary tip

• Biggs3535

Participant

Because reading is hard for you, I’ll again point out that you could have EASILY found the question yourself but CHOSE not to…

As you do ALL THE TIME.

Next time you need a guide, I’ll expect a flat fee plus discretionary tip

I’ll strenuously juxtapose this for you yet again, Mr. Mayor. Here are just a few of the questions posed before you begged me to answer “the question” – as if there was just one:

Have you heard of birth control?

Maybe one way to have more babies is to make it more affordable?

OK what do people do to solve problems then?

Shouldn’t Libertarians be all in favor of “cancel culture” then where society accomplishes things using peer pressure?

In a Libertarian nation, what should be done to solve it?

What do you do?

Just send out suggestions?

So what are you doing by complaining about something you don’t think anything should be done about?

What’s the answer?

I read all of these questions. I found all of these questions. Somehow, it was too difficult for the Mayor of Cluelessville to find and post the question he wanted answered so badly, because words are hard.

Continue to make an ass out of yourself as long as you want. I won’t be addressing this nonsense any further.

• Roy

Participant

No problem. I’m not asking you, I’m asking JBear.

• jbear

Participant

“Not enough abortions”…

Bwuahahahahhaha omg!

The other way to think of that is _____?

Keep clowning yourself with your faux libertarian bullshit

You’re such a moron. My point is that it’s political and what’s more political than abortions and obviously the woke left is “pro choice” if you want me to use their terminology…. if that makes you feel better. It doesn’t change the fact that the number of abortions in woke la la land will increase.

If you don’t like how I say stuff because it hurts your feelings I’m afraid you’re just going to have to get thicker skin.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Try again, but this time rub a few brain cells together

• Anonymous

Inactive

No idea who you’re talking about or what their “libertarian story” is.

Buggsy aka The Official Reader of the Platform

😂

• jbear

Participant

LOL

Reading really is hard for you guys it seems.

First I then went into a multi post rant about how liberals think they have to fix everything.

That may not be clear to a 5th grader but to an adult who knows how to read I’d call that pretty clear. Even funnier I directly answered the question of low birth rates which seems to be what Fire was babbling about.

In a libertarian society none of this is political. Low birth rates wouldn’t need to be addressed. If society evolves of it’s own accord to a point where we have a declining population then that’s the way it is supposed to be. There are reasons why a government may want to encourage people to have more children and I’m not against all of those options in every case. We’re already doing it with the child tax credit etc.

My point here was tongue in cheek. I didn’t really mean that we had a problem with Americans not having enough kids. I meant to highlight the politicalization of all this political correctness. What we have going on now is not an organic, grass roots thing. It’s big money politics. Almost all of the groups pushing these ideas of hetero sex being gross are political organizations. It’s political and that is what I’m against.

To sum up my comments so you can understand what the grown ups are talking about. Government shouldn’t need to do anything about low birth rates. This thread is not about low birth rates it’s about wokeism and heavy handed liberal ideas of governing.

• Roy

Participant

LOL

Reading really is hard for you guys it seems.

First I then went into a multi post rant about how liberals think they have to fix everything.

That may not be clear to a 5th grader but to an adult who knows how to read I’d call that pretty clear. Even funnier I directly answered the question of low birth rates which seems to be what Fire was babbling about.

To sum up my comments so you can understand what the grown ups are talking about. Government shouldn’t need to do anything about low birth rates. This thread is not about low birth rates it’s about wokeism and heavy handed liberal ideas of governing.

It is a real issue, certainly worth discussing. Whether somebody thinks its a problem or not is a matter of opinion. The births per woman in the US is 1.84. Well to keep the population the same it would have to be 2.0, unless you have immigration to make up for it. The US population grew by .58% from 2020 to 2021. So obviously immigration is still accounting for our population increase, as it has done throughout most of our history.

JBear, you were joking, but perhaps you hit close to home. I don’t mind immigration, but the affordability factor did impact the size of my family. I grew up in a household where there were five children and a stay-at-home Mom. I couldn’t do that even if I wanted to. That’s a rarity in today’s society. How many people can afford to do that anymore?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

It always leads back to the “I want government small so long as it serves my belief”.

You wanting to ban abortions, or any other faux-libertarian, is a giant hypocrisy in the platform…

Or rather, a voter grab…

If you want the government to tell women to stop having abortions, you’re probably a big fat phony Libertarian.

Jbear calls that “woke” because stupid people are grabbing on to that phrase as “socialist” has lost it’s luster…

And when “woke” is gone, it’ll be something new and stupid.

• Anonymous

Inactive

“it’s about wokeism and heavy handed liberal ideas of governing.”

even though Victoria Secret is changing for the MOST CAPITALISTIC reasons

The intersection of race and markets is a strange thing because its mostly white conservatives who see it all as liberal “wokeness” when a company expands its potential market . . perhaps the MOST capitalist of concepts. Dollar bills are green, all spend the same.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

If a business changes for wokeness it is almost always about bottom line.

If you support something I don’t, I won’t buy your product…

This is what maga tried to do with the NFL but it didn’t work…

The NFL made the business decision that those who support BLM (or whatever) bring more revenue than those crying about it.

If you love capitalism, and you weren’t a big fat phony, you’d embrace that

• jbear

Participant

It is a real issue, certainly worth discussing. Whether somebody thinks its a problem or not is a matter of opinion. The births per woman in the US is 1.84. Well to keep the population the same it would have to be 2.0, unless you have immigration to make up for it. The US population grew by .58% from 2020 to 2021. So obviously immigration is still accounting for our population increase, as it has done throughout most of our history.

JBear, you were joking, but perhaps you hit close to home. I don’t mind immigration, but the affordability factor did impact the size of my family. I grew up in a household where there were five children and a stay-at-home Mom. I couldn’t do that even if I wanted to. That’s a rarity in today’s society. How many people can afford to do that anymore?

Well, as you say we have immigration which I’m not against when it’s legal. Not even against upping the quotas or whatever if we can just stop all the illegals coming. If that means you gotta be mean and not give away free shit then that’s just how it has to be. Since I’m not for giving free shit away anyway I don’t find this offensive.

As for affordability. It’s a really interesting way of looking at things but people can afford to do all sorts of things that they don’t do because it’s too hard. What I mean is, it’s often about lifestyle choices. I don’t want to have more kids If I won’t be able to afford my Mercedes AMG or the daily latte’s or dining out less often. What you can afford or can’t afford is at least in part, subjective.

But ok I’ll bite. Things cost too much… or pay is too low. how is that if the standard of living keeps going up and up and up? I understand that it’s partly because of technology but what about all that free healthcare if you’re poor enough and all the other stuff that other people will pay for if you have kids and don’t make enough? The child tax credit alone at this point. Earned income credit.

No, if you “can’t” have 4 kids if you want 4 kids then it’s about lifestyle choices. Making choices based on economics is not a hardship, not a travesty or abomination it’s how choices should be made.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If a business changes for wokeness it is almost always about bottom line.

right

not sure of an example where it wasnt profit motive

the world changes. white people are not the only economic earners. Kids are different than their parents

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is what maga tried to do with the NFL but it didn’t work…

The NFL made the business decision that those who support BLM (or whatever) bring more revenue than those crying about it.

This is true and a lesson for @JBear because he says there’s no systemic racism.

The NFL decisions was driven by OLD WHITE GUY owners and Trump . . another old white guy who is so out of touch he told women in 2020 that black people were coming to their suburbs (they already live there, this isnt the 1950s)

The NFL is/was OUT OF TOUCH with day to day life because the leadership is PRIMARILY a bunch of old wealthy white dudes . . JUST LIKE THE LEADERSHIP of many police forces, courts, banks etc. If you understand just that slice of reality, it should be easy to see why there is systemic racism. The decision makers cant relate to the problems of the different communities. It’s not intentional as much as its just BUILT IN.

That is literally the point of critical race theory

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Doubtful that he addresses this point directly but I eagerly await his phony reply

Viewing 49 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.