Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 50 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

Got me nervous right now. Missed out on creed by one pick. Damnit.

• mjs020294

Participant

I don’t think Creed was their pick anyway.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Trask is a solid #2 QB but he has to improve a lot to be a borderline starter. Plus burning a 2nd round pick on a backup QB for the next two years seems iffy.

My prediction is the Bucs are drafting another QB in two years. Trask is solid but he has to prove he is better than what he showed at college.

Build the trenches!

• mjs020294

Participant

Knew they were going QB. I would have preferred Mills.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Trask sucks. Awful throwaway pick again by Licht in round 2.

Just wasting picks on players who will never be a part of a winning tradition. Trask is garbage.

Awful awful pick.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Mind would have been acceptable. Trask is trash.

TrashTrask. Close enough.

Kyle Trash.

• BucsFan83

Participant

Licht continuing his round 2 trend. 2nd round every year should be considered a throw away pick. Camp Fodder perhaps? Maybe he sits and learns and becomes good? Who knows. Everyone knows this years draft is for development talent + special teams.

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

Trask can’t play and won’t amount to anything. Just flushed a second rounder.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

Y’all are too funny.

Yalls melting is like a tradition this time each year.

Not like there’s championships in our trophy case or anything.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Exactly. Licht is a dunce in round 2. Absolute wasted pick. He has a noodle arm, he hangs onto the ball too long…he doesn’t have anything that looks like a winning QB in the NFL would have. Just a tragically bad pick in round 2 again for Licht. Is he hungover and drunk in these moments? Why didn’t they draft Mond? Trask can’t throw an NFL level ball.

Trask can’t play and won’t amount to anything. Just flushed a second rounder.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Licht has plenty of round 2 misses, sure.

But he also took winfield, smb, carlton Davis, ali marpet, donovan Smith, just to name a few…

• Boid Fink

Participant

You’re incapable of seeing a bad decision if it hit you in the groin.

Y’all are too funny.

• Donkey

Participant

Don’t like the pick but Arians seemed excited by it and you can’t say he doesn’t know a thing or two about QBs.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Trask is accurate and makes good decisions with the football.

But Trask needs pieces around him to reach his potential IMO.

Build the trenches!

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’re incapable of seeing a bad decision if it hit you in the groin.

Y’all are too funny.

Are all the Lombardi trophies blinding me?

🤣🤣🍿🍿

• Boid Fink

Participant

Is the current draft blinding you?

Trask is Trash and this was yet another wasted second d rounder by Licht, who is lucky to have Brady.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you haven’t noticed, but there been 3 straight quarterbacks drafted s since we took Trask.

Sounds to me like Jason knew right what he’s doing, again.

• Swash

Participant

I personally love the pick. Lot of great quarterback minds in the Building with Moore, Clyde, Arians, and Brady.. pretty sure all had input on the evaluation of Trask.

At bare minimum I’m a fan of drafting quarterbacks early based on contracts. The going rate for a solid veteran backup QB is far higher than an early pick you get for 4 seasons. We had a huge need at that position. Love it.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Awful pick and he doesn’t even fit the Air Arians offense. His arm is weak, noodling.

Fuck this pick. Dumb.

• Swash

Participant

I hope we consolidate picks and trade up.

• Swash

Participant

2 tops guys I had left before the Chiefs picked was 1. Creed 2. Trask

I understand Boid’s disappointment missing out on Creed. He will be a great ball player. But dude. Let’s not front that we know quarterback evaluation better than the Bucs brass.

• Donkey

Participant

Either your arm is good enough or it’s not. I think his is good enough.

• Pennywise

Participant

Let’s not get confused , Bruce makes the calls on picks , not JL

• Boid Fink

Participant

This was a bad selection, and I know football enough to know Trash Trask will never amount to anything in the NFL. His arm is weak, he holds the ball too long, he wasn’t that good! You guys watched this guy play, no way he is worth a second or even third rounder. Just another classic Licht boneheaded second round pick. Ossai, Minerz…those guys will be a part of the future. TRASK WILL NEVER BE GOOD. NOT IN THE nFL. No way, his arm is pathetic, he has zero athleticism, just a garbage pick all around. Hate this pick, almost as much as Aguayo.

2 tops guys I had left before the Chiefs picked was 1. Creed 2. Trask

I understand Boid’s disappointment missing out on Creed. He will be a great ball player. But dude. Let’s not front that we know quarterback evaluation better than the Bucs brass.

• BucsSavant

Participant

You were the guy with the weird first name love obsession with Humphrey…..get control of yourself bud. Embarrassing.

• Bucko40

Participant

As I’ve said in multiple threads. The NFL Professionals know a heck of a lot more than us fans. the last 3 drafts have been spot on for Licht and Arians. I will withhold judgement.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And We traded up for Aguayo…

• Bucko40

Participant

As quick as the Bucs pick was in after the Chiefs I highly doubt the Bucs were targeting Creed Humphrey over Kyle Trask. The Bucs knew the Chiefs weren’t selection a QB and had Kyle Trask selection in the hopper ready to go.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Nah. Trask is Trash. Deal with it. What is embarrassing is you being good with this pick. Just a dumbass selection. Flat out. Have you seen this good play? He is shit, and will never be a starter. Ever. Unless one gets maimed, of course. And then, you will see Glennon Armed Trask hit the field and make out Sundays miserable. He sucks. Horrible pick.

You were the guy with the weird first name love obsession with Humphrey…..get control of yourself bud. Embarrassing.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Glennon had a cannon coming out of college.

Build the trenches!

• BucsSavant

Participant

I honestly don’t like the pick myself. From what I’ve seen his ceiling is brad Johnson(which I guess I would take). What is embarrassing, is you having a mental breakdown across multiple threads on this board. You hate the pick. We get it. Be a man and quit your whingeing. Go have a drink or something.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Smart of them. We looked like idiots taking Trask Trash, when guys that could have had an impact were onboard. If Brady goes down, season is over regardless. Why draft a rookie with a noodle arm and zero mobility to run an NFL that has heavy 9 Route concepts? He will be an awful backup. An awful starter if pushed into that role. Just a bad luck regardless of logistics.

As quick as the Bucs pick was in after the Chiefs I highly doubt the Bucs were targeting Creed Humphrey over Kyle Trask. The Bucs knew the Chiefs weren’t selection a QB and had Kyle Trask selection in the hopper ready to go.

• Trask Force

Participant

This is particularly true with a quarterback. We have the quarterback whisperer head coach, and the ex-quarterback offensive coordinator. They ought to have a pretty good idea what they want in a quarterback. They had choices among a closely bunched 2nd Tier of QBs, based on the two that went right after. So they dind I don’t get excited about Trask, because all I know is what the draft profiles say. Frankly, the pundits were not overly excited about Trask. But I’m willing just a fan and I have to operate under the assumption that Arans and Leftwich know what they want in a quarterback and they saw it in Trask.

But Licht is not off the hook. This is the second quarterback he has ever drafted. We know how the first one worked out. The Buc stops here. Licht has to make the final call. That’s his job.

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly don’t like the pick myself. From what I’ve seen his ceiling is brad Johnson(which I guess I would take). What is embarrassing, is you having a mental breakdown across multiple threads on this board. You hate the pick. We get it. Be a man and quit your whingeing. Go have a drink or something.

“What is embarrassing, is you having a mental breakdown across multiple threads on this board. You hate the pick. We get it. Be a man and quit your whingeing. Go have a drink or something.”

Now where’s the fun in that!
      Dude melting is just the cherry on top, you really do have to enjoy these little things in life.

🤣🍿😂🍿

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yeah. A WB whisperer. Such a storied tradition of success with duds like Trash Trask who can’t throw, have no physical tools, he isn’t Brady. He is Kyle Trash, he peaked as a high school QB, just a terrible pick.

This is particularly true with a quarterback. We have the quarterback whisperer head coach, and the ex-quarterback offensive coordinator. They ought to have a pretty good idea what they want in a quarterback. They had choices among a closely bunched 2nd Tier of QBs, based on the two that went right after. So they dind I don’t get excited about Trask, because all I know is what the draft profiles say. Frankly, the pundits were not overly excited about Trask. But I’m willing just a fan and I have to operate under the assumption that Arans and Leftwich know what they want in a quarterback and they saw it in Trask.

But Licht is not off the hook. This is the second quarterback he has ever drafted. We know how the first one worked out. The Buc stops here. Licht has to make the final call. That’s his job.

• BucsSavant

Participant

he peaked as a high school QB,

From what they just said, he didn’t even start in high school, so most likely he peaked in college ;)

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

Trask is a solid #2 QB but he has to improve a lot to be a borderline starter. Plus burning a 2nd round pick on a backup QB for the next two years seems iffy.

My prediction is the Bucs are drafting another QB in two years. Trask is solid but he has to prove he is better than what he showed at college.

Because it was!!!
      I feel like Atl, Carolina , Mia, Jax, Wash, Cle just about everyone has had a draft –

I feel like we’ve not really participated in it. Chance to stack areas of quality depth. Meinerz, D Brown, Bobby Brown just guys who can become something in a year or two . Possibly be solid solid backups this year and help

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I want to see if the Bucs redeem themselves with their third round pick IMO.

Build the trenches!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Awful selection plain and simple. And no, I do not trust the braintrust. And Brady doesn’t mentor QBs into greatness. He won’t here either, he is busy trying to win another title. And if he gets hurt, the Bucs roll out a noodle armed slow rookie with no idea of how to run the offense…classic stupid second round pick.

Licht will get fired after Brady bounces. A year or two after, you watch. Trask is awful. Particularly in round 2. Even in round 5, he is a reach.

• Beatles123

Participant

Boid…what are you doin? you’re only hurting yourself at this point. He’s a buc. It is what it is and you and I both know what happens when fans hold onto their notions about a player. Just gotta hope for the best and try not to say anything we may regret in hindsight. God knows I have, and so have you. Pick absolutely may be trash, but you don’t have to handle it like this.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I’m not hurting myself. At all. What do you do on message boards to hurt yourself? Lolz. He sucks. Hate pick. Waste. Wasn’t great at all in FLA. I am supposed to like every move the Bucs make? Like Cadillac over Rogers? Or Aguayo in round 2? Or Drsfting a punter in round 6? Or a kicker again in round 5 and he isn’t here? No kid. I do what I want. This Trask kid is a bust already.

Boid…what are you doin? you’re only hurting yourself at this point. He’s a buc. It is what it is and you and I both know what happens when fans hold onto their notions about a player. Just gotta hope for the best and try not to say anything we may regret in hindsight. God knows I have, and so have you. Pick absolutely may be trash, but you don’t have to handle it like this.

• Beatles123

Participant

I don’t appreciate you calling me kid. Been here long enough and converse with you enough you should know there’s no need for you to act like that and this is what I’m talking about. I have not even defended Trask. In fact I have said you could be right. All i told you was you should try not to let it piss you off too much and look how you reacted. Not necessary.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Or Clayborn? I bash picks all the time. A ton of us do. You guys get all worked up over my opinion! I like it.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Which is why the Bucs third round pick makes sense

• Boid Fink

Participant

Is kid a bad thing? You have some lame friends bro? Me and my buddies use “kid” all the time. What’s up Kid? Stop being such a sissy. I don’t appreciate a kid telling me what I should feel about a player on a subjective driven topic. I’m not a bad dude, quite the opposite. But I express my opinion on message boards quite clearly.

I don’t appreciate you calling me kid. Been here long enough and converse with you enough you should know there’s no need for you to act like that and this is what I’m talking about. I have not even defended Trask. In fact I have said you could be right. All i told you was you should try not to let it piss you off too much and look how you reacted. Not necessary.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Is kid a bad thing? You have some lame friends bro? Me and my buddies use “kid” all the time. What’s up Kid? Stop being such a sissy. I don’t appreciate a kid telling me what I should feel about a player on a subjective driven topic. I’m not a bad dude, quite the opposite. But I express my opinion on message boards quite clearly.

You are very emotional, like a female, and it’s a bad look, kid.

• Beatles123

Participant

Aint nothing wrong with you not liking Trask. My concern wasn’t about that. You’re just letting it bother you too much in my opinion and it’s clear it’s ruined your whole mood. It’s gonna be fine. We can move on. We just drafted a pretty beast lookin’ guard. Focus on that. All i’m saying is you’re being a little extra in my opinion, but you do you. and you explained the kid thing so fair enough. We good. you knowI love you man :)

• Runole

Participant

fair assessment.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I’m not a huge fan of Trask either but like any bucs pick that I like or don’t like they will have a chance to prove me wrong. And my thought is we gotta get lucky at some point drafting a qb. Why not Trask? At least he gets to learn from Brady. Worse guys to learn from.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I’ll make it simple for you: he sucks bro.

Not a starter. Never will be unless of dire circumstances. He is not an NFL guy. We have seen enough of the guy to know this already. And for it to be such a valuable pick hurts even more. Like Hainsey. But Trask, Mac Jones…not a fan of either.

I’m not a huge fan of Trask either but like any bucs pick that I like or don’t like they will have a chance to prove me wrong. And my thought is we gotta get lucky at some point drafting a qb. Why not Trask? At least he gets to learn from Brady. Worse guys to learn from.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I’ll make it simple for you: he sucks bro.

Not a starter. Never will be unless of dire circumstances. He is not an NFL guy. We have seen enough of the guy to know this already. And for it to be such a valuable pick hurts even more. Like Hainsey. But Trask, Mac Jones…not a fan of either.

I get it. I didn’t want him either, but ill give him a chance. What else am I gonna do?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Nah, but I do express my opinion. I appreciate the reach around though.

What’s

• BucsSavant

Participant

Again, a feminine response. Lashing out because the man you lust over got away. Pathetic.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Blah blah lame lame.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I see you like to sniff Trask’s jock. Doesn’t bother me. Trask sucks, you will have to learn to deal with it while you figure out how to manage your time. Must be tough for you and your life partner.

Again, a feminine response. Lashing out because the man you lust over got away. Pathetic.

• BucsSavant

Participant

You’re in such a blind fluster that you confuse my disdain for your eunuch behavior with approval of the trask pick. I’m merely tired of seeing you spew your mental illness on every thread in the same repetitive fashion. Sad to see someone deteriorate mentally like this. I understand you lusted for your man “creed”. Word is he has been compared to Michael Sam, off the field…..so seeing you carry on like this everything clicks now. I understand why you’d be so upset. Just call it a night kid. You’re making a mockery of yourself, and your family.

• BucsFan4090

Participant

You can tell you’re dealing with an overly emotional boomer when they have to constantly validate their opinion to strangers and come up with a moniker for a player whose never played an nfl down in his life to justify their feelings.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Trash sucks. You can tell an overly sensitive millennial when they defend their man crushes with tenacity and reactionary subplots.

You can tell you’re dealing with an overly emotional boomer when they have to constantly validate their opinion to strangers and come up with a moniker for a player whose never played an nfl down in his life to justify their feelings.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Bada da da daaaa! I’m ❤️N it! Trask Trash suuuucks. You guys like that? Idiots.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey, At least Boids favorite new Buccaneer, Trask, knew who Jason licht was.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Trask is and will be a regrettable pick. Why bother when Gabbert is clearly a HOFer standing next to Trask and his throwing into the wind arm.

• mjs020294

Participant

Some pretty illogical emotional posts in this thread. Licht doesn’t sit in his hot tub making picks by himself. The coaches and scouts have a major input. If a pick doesn’t pan out the organization is to blame not one individual.

• SunnyD

Participant

I’ve learned over the years that no one – not the fans, the media or NFL front offices – knows how to scout rookie QBs. It’s statistically unlikely Trask becomes great based on his draft position but I’m going to withhold judgement on the prospect until we actually see him play.

My issue with the pick is the timing. If everything goes as planned, Trask won’t play a meaningful snap for two years. If he lights the world on fire in his first year as a starter then the team has to extend him. You can’t let these QBs get into the final year of their contract and get negotiating leverage with the tag value as a baseline. The Bucs would only have one year to capitalize on the QBs rookie contract. That is not ideal.

Viewing 50 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.