Viewing 22 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

When Lovie Smith told the media on Thursday night that Mike Glennon was Tampa Bay’s QB of the future, many were skeptical. But two days of draft picks later without a quarterback selected, and a press conference from GM Jason Licht, Glennon may in fact be the successor to McCown.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9806

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As he deserves to be treated.  Not some outcast scrub who didn’t perform respectably given the hurricane he was caught up in.Still though, the Bucs aren't, and should not be, content with the QB position.  Just not next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Finally, a coaching staff that is doing sound things like evaluating Glennon, seeing what he can do, and say that they will develop him. Thankfully they don’t listen to the “experts” on this site and used their draft to get wr and te depth filled.  Now it’s up to Glennon to take advantage of the opportunity and be ready.The future is looking good. Go Bucs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well Glennon is going to have the staff and the supporting cast on paper to do work. I’m excited to see how he progress with real NFL coaching.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown will teach him a lot of the nuances he was missing from his game and he will be improved.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry Chace lol. I’m gonna miss that sig.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is no threat to Johnny Football’s starting position?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon with a years worth of experience is far superior to the garbage available in this years draft class. Kudos to L&L for not buying into the stupidity, go big Mike!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown will teach him a lot of the nuances he was missing from his game and he will be improved.

+1McCown is saying the right things like being a mentor to the other qbs, hopefully McCown helps us the next year/2 years and Glennon is ready to take over. I'm finally getting faith in Lovie's plan. A WR and TE right off the bat in the draft, He seems to be showing that he understands we need an offense to pull its weight. and now says they have a starter and a qb for the future. Good job Bucs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sadly if your QB of the future is being groomed by McClown that doesn’t give me a lot of hope he actually IS the QB of the future. There is no way any decent QB is backing up a lifetime scrub so if he doesn’t rip the jobs from McClown sub-adequate hands by the start of the year something is wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m telling you, Glennon is going to be special.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully the future involves a lot of clipboard holding

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You'll get over it soon and will be allowed to root for him as you see fit.  Desire to see him fail is fairly immature dont you think?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sadly if your QB of the future is being groomed by McClown that doesn't give me a lot of hope he actually IS the QB of the future. There is no way any decent QB is backing up a lifetime scrub so if he doesn't rip the jobs from McClown sub-adequate hands by the start of the year something is wrong.

Fair enough, but if McCown plays this year like he did the last few games last year  I can't blame the coaching staff for not putting in Glennon this year. If he isn't ready to take the bull by the horns by 2015, then Glennon can be called a failed experiment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sadly if your QB of the future is being groomed by McClown that doesn't give me a lot of hope he actually IS the QB of the future. There is no way any decent QB is backing up a lifetime scrub so if he doesn't rip the jobs from McClown sub-adequate hands by the start of the year something is wrong.

Fair enough, but if McCown plays this year like he did the last few games last year  I can't blame the coaching staff for not putting in Glennon this year. If he isn't ready to take the bull by the horns by 2015, then Glennon can be called a failed experiment.

And there will be better QBs to choose from whenever we choose to make a change.  This year's QB class was a steamy pile of goat poop.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You'll get over it soon and will be allowed to root for him as you see fit.  Desire to see him fail is fairly immature dont you think?

I don't want to see him fail. Already seen enough of that. I'd prefer not to see him on the field at all, unless he's holding PAT snaps or running the kneel down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And there will be better QBs to choose from whenever we choose to make a change.  This year's QB class was a steamy pile of goat poop.

Someone get this guy job with the team……..Glennon may not turn out to be the guy, but the future was not in this years garbage of a draft class. It’s nice to see that L&L noticed that obvious fact.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Props to you tenlbbass. You seen through the smoke. I bought in to the JFF hype, but I was way off obviously. Let’s hope Glennon turns out to be a stud.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would have been silly to dump Glennon. But he was legit trade bait. They just didn’t get what his true value was in the Bucs eyes. Most likely a third at the least. He is completely viable as a backup. Ideal almost.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yet you swung from Brady Quinn ‘ s jock strap like Java hanging from Tebow’s or many others here hang from Alfred E. Manziel’s. Your ability to judge QB talent is uncanny. Me on the other hand, I will support every young QB we have or get in the future until they prove to me they can’t be the franchise QB we all have been waiting for. It’s a good thing Manning wasn’t a Buccaneer with his 29 INT’s his rookie season, he would have been run out of town.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Java, Dal, and I were practically the only ones that wanted Russ Wilson. Cookie for me first.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Java, Dal, and I were practically the only ones that wanted Russ Wilson. Cookie for me first.

You mean the QB Glennon’s coach felt comfortable enough to tell to go take a hike if he couldn’t commit to football? Yeah that Glennon guy must have no upside.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oooh…you got me mixed up with someone else. I was not in favor of dumping MG unless they got at least a third. He is a solid backup. Have said that since day two.

Please wait…

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.