Monday, September 23, 2019

Licht sucking at Compensatory Formula

This topic contains 56 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  CyberDilemma May. 19, 2019 at 11:43 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Butters
    Participant

If Licht was brilliant in other areas I could forgive his comp picks idiocy… but it appears he sucks at just about everything.

Most fans would be ecstatic if we were able to trade McCoy for a 3rd or DJax, but to toss one out the window for a Punter and people still make excuses for him. It’s one thing to be a homer fan, but how can people be so blind to poor decisions. I’m as big a fan as possible but I expect people to do their job well. If a punter shanks a punt I’m pissed off at the punter, if the GM shanks free agency, drafts and everything else I get pissed off at him too.

+7
    Rating: +6. From 8 votes.
    Please wait...

DonkeyHunter
    Participant

I know it’s not the right train of thought, but it’s a bit comical.

Essentially, you have people complaining over Licht squandering picks that he was inevitably going to wipe his ass with anyways.

+2
    Rating: 0. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...

JC5100
    Participant

According to SR, it was all Dirk’s fault and Licht built a playoff roster.

+4
    Rating: +2. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...

Butters
    Participant

I know it’s not the right train of thought, but it’s a bit comical.

Essentially, you have people complaining over Licht squandering picks that he was inevitably going to wipe his ass with anyways.

Hopefully he’d be fired by the time he would have wasted the 2020 draft picks, LOL.

Meanwhile the Jets just fired their GM, can we dare to dream we do likewise?

+2
    Rating: +1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

JC5100
    Participant

Licht vs Maccagnan

Licht 5 seasons- 2 HC, 27-53, (0.338), 0 playoff appearances

Maccagnan 4 seasons- 1 HC, 24-40 (0.375), 0 playoff appearances

If the Jets kept Maccagnan and went 3-13 he would have had the exact same resume as Licht.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

Buc on the Move
    Participant

If BA can’t get this team to the playoffs, Licht has to walk to plank.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

Alldaway 2.0
    Participant

so let me get this straight , had we waited till after may 7th, we could have gotten punter Pinion assuming he was available without losing a 3rd round comp pick?

Yes that is correct.

This is why waiting till after May 7th to shop is probably better if the team wants to build comp picks.

+2
    Please wait...

dexmonkey
    Participant

so let me get this straight , had we waited till after may 7th, we could have gotten punter Pinion assuming he was available without losing a 3rd round comp pick?

Yes that is correct.

This is why waiting till after May 7th to shop is probably better if the team wants to build comp picks.

or rebuild the roster which we desperately need to do. especially with changing schemes

+2
    Please wait...

parnelldickinson
    Participant

I’m sorry but there is nothing remotely intelligent or shrewd about Licht and his abilities. One of these days we need to have a post picking drafts, trades , and transactions, he has executed that we felt were bad moves and proven to be so. There is no way, shape or form anyone could consider him competent.

+3
    Rating: +1. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...

GIJoeWasThere
    Participant

Licht’s job is not to look at next years picks. He has to sacrifice tomorrow to survive today.

+1
    Rating: -2. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...

GameTime
    Participant

Licht’s job is not to look at next years picks. He has to sacrifice tomorrow to survive today.

Lichts job is not to make bad decisions today in order to stay employed. It’s to build a well functioning organization.   Losing top comp picks because you want to give a big deal to a punter when you just cut a decent punter ( because of a similar contract?)  It’s pretty idiotic.  We gave up a 3rd rd pick to save 750k cap space.  Blows my mind.

+6
    Rating: +4. From 8 votes.
    Please wait...

tog
    Participant

(a) which is how dumpster fire teams stay dumpster fires

(b) Licht has sucked at using the comp pick formula all of his now 6 years here.

+4
    Rating: +3. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...

JC5100
    Participant

I keep hitting refresh but I don’t see a Fab 5 article about this. But in December Scott was throwing Dirk under the bus for everything.

+2
    Please wait...

Havok904
    Participant

18 other teams suck too

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

tog
    Participant

18 other teams suck too

It’s not even close.

Compensatory Draft Picks Cancellation Chart

No other team had a the high comp picks the Bucs had and came away with nothing. A number of teams would not have received comp picks (not enough UDFAs left) or would have only received a 6th or 7th.

But the Bucs were the only team with a premium comp pick to walk away with no 3rd or 4th. That’s criminally incompetent.

FOR A FUCKING PUNTER.

+3
    Rating: +1. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.