Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 27 reply threads

• Author

• parnelldickinson

Participant

7- Extremely Good
      6- Good
      5- Above Average
      4- Average
      3- Below Average
      2- Poor
      1- Extremely Poor

Considering the draft, free agency, rookie undrafted deals, coach hirings, firings, capology, etc
      I’d have to say at my most gracious he scores a 3, but Im torn between a 2 or a 3 rating

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

He is hovering between 3 and 4.  If Winston pans out that puts him ahead of Dominik but I can’t put him ahead of McKay.  Licht has had better success with his 1st rounders compared to McKay but picks after the first round are your bread and butter to roster building (rounds 2-5).  Allen was just flat out bad drafting because he focused exclusively on special teams guys in his first year.  2005 and 2006 looked like these drafts would turn the franchise around emerging from salary cap hell but it never materialized.  Later Allen drafts actually hit on some guys but the bread and butter is drafting after the 2nd round which was too sparse for Allen.

Right now Licht needs to hope those picks in rounds 2-5 in the 2017, 2018, and 2019 draft pan out as well.  Or else this team is in trouble in terms of depth and salary cap leverage.

Build the trenches!

• GoldsonAges

Participant

If you factor in all the free agent busts there’s no way he’s any more than a 2 in my book

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• GoldsonAges

Participant

If you’re going back to the start Michael Johnson, Anthony Collins, that fat ass center,

Those are just the big $$ free agent busts. Theres dozens of them.

Then factor in all the free agents he’s missed out on and you cant top a 1

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• BucsSuck

Participant

• pewterblood

Participant

The guy is flat out trash. All of the draft picks and salary cap he had at his disposal, and this franchise is still a joke. He might even be worse than Matt Millen. If Buc fans want any chance of winning again, they should be marching and protesting outside of OBP for his firing.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

I was bashing Licht years ago when 90% of people on here defended him and praised what he was doing.

SR and MC didn’t exactly defend him but they sure as hell were VERY passive and lenient when critiquing Licht. The local media as a whole did an extremely poor job at holding Licht accountable. For some reason they didn’t want to point the finger at Licht when it was clear he was going to ruin this franchise with horrible scouting, poor coaching hires, awful big $ FA’s, and of course flushing premium draft picks down the toilet.

Now its the norm to flame Licht and demand much more positive results out of him. Thank God our fanbase has finally awoke from their slumber.

• RayJayinTBay

Participant

4. Average

• buccnation

Participant

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s an easy “1”

No playoffs, horrible W/L record, coach killer, wasted draft pick after pick, salary cap hell with a horrible W/L and below average team talent.

Anyone giving him anything greater is a fool. Mark Dominik is an easy 2. Licht is worse than he was.

• AlteredEgo

Participant

2…poor….it is more than any particular player and has more to do with building to the big picture….this whole franchise is closer to the brink of collapse than turning the corner…we have not even hit bottom yet folks…more pain to come

• WayToGoBucs!

Participant

2 – way more misses than hits during his tenure

• Pepsi

Participant

he picks up some gems off the street occasionally which may  bump him up to a 1.5 for me.

• kenntak

Participant

Definitely not good to be average for me. You can’t have back to back 5-11 seasons to be average. I will say 3, but I am wavering to make it a 2. Where is the improvement?

• The Anomaly

Participant

27-53

HE SUCKS!

He’s a 1, at best.  Anything higher and you have severe brain damage or are a homer of the worst kind.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Really think the Glazers should have fired him and brought someone else to be Arians GM. He is a reason why this team has been so bad the last 5 or so years.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

He gets a solid from me.

• tampaspicer

Participant

He gets a 2 but if I have to hear him talk again he’s getting a 1.

• blind melon

Participant

4.5 if all things are taken into account over time.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Definitely in the 2.5 range…but leaning lower.

Licht has found some diamonds in the rough, but has swung and missed way too much.

Is the cap “hell” this year mostly because he went all-in to win with Koetter last year and it didn’t work out?

Overall, the record speaks for itself.  The hype and the hope and the what-ifs don’t mean a damn thing.

• tog

Participant

He’s a 2. Han’t even sniffed the playoffs in 5 years (never mind winning a game) and the roster is still full of massive holes.

Only reason its not a 1 is the real problems for this franchise go beyond Licht. The Buccaneers are unfortunately a trash organization that completely lack leadership and competence. They’re one of the worst run teams in the NFL from top to bottom and its hard for anyone to have success in that environment.

• Nobody

Participant

I’ll just echo @tog ‘s sentiments exactly.

• Bucco63

Participant

• JC5100

Participant

Worst veteran GM in league. In 3 years we’re going to look back at this White pick as a top 5 WTF moment in franchise history.

• Nobody

Participant

Worst veteran GM in league. In 3 years we’re going to look back at this White pick as a top 5 WTF moment in franchise history.

My biggest concern with the pick at this point is the propensity for injuries at the position. It was leading the league in the major indices from 2000-2014 BEFORE concussion protocol became a thing. We don’t have the data, but my guess is DBs and LB injury stats have escalated since that point (due to actual recognition and imposed treatment of the injury).

If White gets his bell rung early and we lose a month of rookie service due to protocol…or he gets a shoulder, foot, or a knee…

• tog

Participant

My biggest concern with the pick at this point is the propensity for injuries at the position. It was leading the league in the major indices from 2000-2014 BEFORE concussion protocol became a thing. We don’t have the data, but my guess is DBs and LB injury stats have escalated since that point (due to actual recognition and imposed treatment of the injury).

If White gets his bell rung early and we lose a month of rookie service due to protocol…or he gets a shoulder, foot, or a knee…

I’ve actually been surprised at how short the shelf life for top-shelf modern LBs is. It’s become like RBs – you’re done by 30. Hopefully White breaks that mold but its a big risk.

• JC5100

Participant

Lack of positional value, his film isn’t that good, 2 arrests, passed on Josh Allen. There’s nothing to justify the pick.

• Anonymous

Inactive

2 – this guy just isn’t that bright. Go back and watch the Hard Knocks and he looked like the dumbest guy in the room. He doesn’t ‘learn’ from his mistakes, he tends to admit mistakes and moves on but then just moves on to a new mistake. It baffles me how he still has a job as a GM.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.