Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• Runole

Participant

While I still believe he most likely will retire at least for one year, there are 2 teams that would be able to possibly work an equitable trade with the Packers. That would be Carr from LV or Watson from Houston with possibly a couple of draft picks. Despite the talking heads suggesting nonsense teams like NE,SF,and Denver, Green Bay is not going to give Rodgers away for draft choices and scrubs.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Realistic: Denver

I’m hoping: Raiders.

0% chance of: retiring.

• Runole

Participant

Denver?? Why would Green bay even consider such a deal? Such a transaction would go down as the worst in NFL history and everyone in Denver would state that this is proof that Santa Claus exists at the North Pole. lol

Carr and a couple of premium picks is a logical choice for both parties. Watson would be kind of sticking it to Rodgers. Can’t always get what you want!

• Runole

Participant

At present it would appear that Rodgers will sit out the season.

• obuc

Participant

This should be answered in the form of a question.

Give me retirement destinations for 500!

“The answer is . . The set of Jeopardy!”

“Where is a logical destination for Rodgers?”

• BadabingBucs

Participant

He’ll likely be back with the Packers

but i’m hoping its Oakland or Denver

would literally mean one less reasonable suitor to represent the NFC in the Superbowl

I mean Tampa Bay, Green Bay and LA Rams are the three people mention.

Can’t write off Seattle either. Niners dont really impress me much. Dallas? Arizona? Saints? ehh.

• Greattimes

Participant

The Packers drafted Jordan Love with the intention of him replacing Rodgers one day. That “one day” may be this year. The Packers don’t need a QB as part of a trade. A boatload of draft choices would probably suffice and allow the Packers to have ammunition to build a team for the future.

• Runole

Participant

The Packers drafted Jordan Love with the intention of him replacing Rodgers one day. That “one day” may be this year. The Packers don’t need a QB as part of a trade. A boatload of draft choices would probably suffice and allow the Packers to have ammunition to build a team for the future.

From NFC championship games to rebuilding the team with future draft choices?
      Sounds like a great idea for the Packers?? Yes, that sounds fabulous for the Packers?
      I can just see Packer fans, the team, and organization wildly celebrating that decision! SMDH!!

Almost as good as the Bucs getting rid of Brady for a boatload of draft choices! Makes sense! lol

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Sounds like a great idea for the Packers?? Yes, that sounds fabulous for the Packers?
      I can just see Packer fans, the team, and organization wildly celebrating that decision! SMDH!!

So, it would be better for the Pack to get nothing as far as compensation?

• Runole

Participant

So, it would be better for the Pack to get nothing as far as compensation?

??? Brady is not a free agent. Far better offers will be coming if he wants to still play. See LV and Houston.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Far better offers will be coming if he wants to still play. See LV and Houston.

Why in the world would the Packers make a trade with Houston for a QB who very well could never play another down in the league?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

If love was ready they wouldn’t have signed blake bortles

• Runole

Participant

Far better offers will be coming if he wants to still play. See LV and Houston.

Why in the world would the Packers make a trade with Houston for a QB who very well could never play another down in the league?

Certainly that could happen but it appears from statements by both lawyers that this about to go away with at worst a very small settlement. If that happens and this is exposed to be a Kavanaugh like fake witch hunt it appears to be, I suspect Watkins becomes a very desirable commodity with Green bay being able to offer the best deal even if Rodgers isn’t that happy about it.

• buccnation

Participant

I hope the Pack call his bluff and don’t trade him. Make him sit out and lose a ton of money.

I don’t get the whole narrative that the “Packers have disrespected ARod for years.”

– He’s had plenty of weapons throughout his whole career,
      – His oline has been good to very good throughout most of his career,
      – His defense has been lacking (not always) but the Packers have used a good amount of draft capital throughout the years to try and upgrade their defense.

Can’t have it both ways regarding weapons and defense. The Pack know what their weakness has been and have tried to upgrade it. If they decided to spend high draft capital on their weapons then people would be crying about them not upgrading the defense.

And drafting Jordan Love last year received a lot of backlash and I partly get it but partly not. People said similar things when they drafted Rodgers and Love is raw. He needed atleast a year or two to sit and learn. Just like Rodgers did. Packers are looking out for their future and I don’t see anything wrong with that.

• Runole

Participant

I hope the Pack call his bluff and don’t trade him. Make him sit out and lose a ton of money.

I don’t get the whole narrative that the “Packers have disrespected ARod for years.”

– He’s had plenty of weapons throughout his whole career,
      – His oline has been good to very good throughout most of his career,
      – His defense has been lacking (not always) but the Packers have used a good amount of draft capital throughout the years to try and upgrade their defense.

Can’t have it both ways regarding weapons and defense. The Pack know what their weakness has been and have tried to upgrade it. If they decided to spend high draft capital on their weapons then people would be crying about them not upgrading the defense.

And drafting Jordan Love last year received a lot of backlash and I partly get it but partly not. People said similar things when they drafted Rodgers and Love is raw. He needed atleast a year or two to sit and learn. Just like Rodgers did. Packers are looking out for their future and I don’t see anything wrong with that.

Tend to agree. Both parties appear to be at a impasse that can only solved two ways.
      Rodgers announces he is retiring and the Packers calling his bluff based on the premise that he really still wants to play. I continue to believe the Packers hold out for an equitable deal better than just future draft choices.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Certainly that could happen but it appears from statements by both lawyers that this about to go away with at worst a very small settlement. If that happens and this is exposed to be a Kavanaugh like fake witch hunt it appears to be, I suspect Watkins becomes a very desirable commodity with Green bay being able to offer the best deal even if Rodgers isn’t that happy about it.

AGAIN, why in the world would GB toy with the notion of trading for a QB who very well could get a lengthy suspension?

And, are you completely forgetting that they TRADED UP last year to draft Love in the 1st?

The smart move is to acquire as much premium draft capital as possible for Rodgers. Multiple firsts and seconds.

• Runole

Participant

AGAIN, why in the world would GB toy with the notion of trading for a QB who very well could get a lengthy suspension?

And, are you completely forgetting that they TRADED UP last year to draft Love in the 1st?

The smart move is to acquire as much premium draft capital as possible for Rodgers. Multiple firsts and seconds.

Have you read the most recent comments by both lawyers?

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Will that stop the NFL from laying down a suspension?

Again, if you can snag 3 firsts and 3 seconds…which is most likely Rodgers market price…you take it in a heartbeat.

Especially when you already have your “QB of the future”.

• Runole

Participant

Again, if you can snag 3 firsts and 3 seconds…which is most likely Rodgers market price…you take it in a heartbeat.

Additionally, have you read the NFL’s response to the whining ambulance chaser and his clients? MIKE FLORIO ( FORMER LAWYER) who is no fan of DW did a 180 yesterday on the latest back and forth and pretty much declared Watson’s lawyer the winner.

• Runole

Participant

Carr or Love? Watson (cleared) or Love?

• Greattimes

Participant

If love was ready they wouldn’t have signed blake bortles

If the Packers are forced to trade Rodger’s, the signing of Blake was a smart move. The packers would still need a backup QB if Rodgers leaves.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

You worded it wrong.

Carr or Love (plus 3 first rounders and 2-3 second rounders)?

Watson (you have zero idea on his future) or Love (plus 3 first rounders and 2-3 second rounders)?

I would take the later in either case.

• Runole

Participant

You worded it wrong.

Watson (you have zero idea on his future) or Love (plus 3 first rounders and 2-3 second rounders)?

Nor do you. Our difference is I am looking at both sides getting current equity.<br />
      You are willing to change a final 4 contender the last 2 years for a rebuilding<br />
      also ran with only future draft choices. So maintaining the status quo was not the right move for the Bucs following your assertion?

So why is Green Bay refusing to trade Rodgers?

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

So maintaining the status quo was not the right move for the Bucs following your assertion?

The scenarios are completely different. Completely different.

For one, we weren’t a contender, and most likely never would of been with Winston. Brady was an immediate upgrade on the field and in the locker room.

And, more importantly, we didn’t need to make some blockbuster trade for him.

Carr or Watson are not upgrades over Rodgers. And, the Pack gets worse with them. And, as already mentioned, one may be facing a lengthy suspension.

At this point, if GB thinks Rodgers is not part of their future anymore; then you grab the mother load of premium picks you’ll get and roll with the QB you just traded up in the 1st for.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

You worded it wrong.

Nor do you. Our difference is I am looking at both sides getting current equity.<br />
      You are willing to change a final 4 contender the last 2 years for a rebuilding<br />
      also ran with only future draft choices. So maintaining the status quo was not the right move for the Bucs following your assertion?

Why would they? He has little to no leverage..he signed a contract. Quit being a write privileged male, sack up. & do your fucking job.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Packers know damn well if they traded a-rod they aint sniffing a SB anytime soon.

• Runole

Participant

You worded it wrong.

Why would they? He has little to no leverage..he signed a contract. Quit being a write privileged male, sack up. & do your fucking job.

??? I understand totally both parties moves at this time. Rodgers wants out but he is still under contract with Green Bay. The MSM seems to opine Rodgers holds all the cards. I disagree as does Rodgers. To clarify again Green Bay will seek a QB close to Rodgers in proven ability along with some future premium draft choices if a trade is to be considered.

• Runole

Participant

Packers know damn well if they traded a-rod they aint sniffing a SB anytime soon.

agree

• seekpar

Participant

And GB damn sure won’t win a SB with Rodgers sitting out either. This marriage is over. Rodgers wants a divorce and GB will cave and trade him. I don’t think Rodgers even remotely respects LaFleur and he’s still pissed that he took the ball out of his hands at the end of the NFC title game. And Rodgers definitely doesn’t respect the GM, compared him to Jerry Krause. GB should get what they can for him and hope they can get a halfway decent QB as well.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.