Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

They spent how much money and draft picks at the RB position this off season?Meanwhile rookie RB Matt Jones tore them up a new one yesterday.  Jones was drafted the second to last pick of the third round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah i saw that but I am pretty sure Gurley didn’t play right? Still, they could have taken somebody else in the first and then taken Matt Jones like you said. The Rams line isn’t too good either though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What I took from that game is the Redskins might not be so bad afterall that defense is balling out there, and with a strong run game they’re looking tough

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Rams don’t make the playoffs this year, they have to consider moving on from Fisher. He’s in his 4th year and has yet to hit .500 let alone go over it. I’m not that impressed with this dude, and I feel like they keep going the Belichick route of trading down and around and adding picks but they don’t actually go anywhere with it. They need to get some studs on the offensive side of the ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Rams don't make the playoffs this year, they have to consider moving on from Fisher. He's in his 4th year and has yet to hit .500 let alone go over it. I'm not that impressed with this dude, and I feel like they keep going the Belichick route of trading down and around and adding picks but they don't actually go anywhere with it. They need to get some studs on the offensive side of the ball.

I think they have done a good job constructing a football team.  I think they drafted Gurley to be that stud and to help Foles with play action.  So Gurley is more of a long term investment.Still, Gurley isn't the only RB they have invested a lot into.  You have Tre Mason and Pead on the roster, so there is a diminishing return on a investment if they continue to platoon at the RB position like the Rams are doing.The Redskins platooned at the position as well with Morris and Jones being a deadly combo.  I think NFL teams realize you need to platoon the RB position to preserve the health of the RB's career wise.  However, is that worth a first round pick so high?  Maybe a WR on the outside and kicking Austin back inside in the slot would have been better? 

Please wait…

• jeebz116

Participant

I think the same thing could be said for Houston. I mean, they could have taken Bridgewater instead of Clowney, and actually have a positive outlook on the future of their franchise. Right now, it just looks like they’re riding the defense to 9-7 every year.They'll never be in a better position to draft a QB than they were in the 2014 draft. Who knows when they'll get that chance again.To me STL and HOU are in identical positions - great D with no QB. Wouldn't be surprised if both teams miss playoffs, again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trent Williams put the bitoch slap on Robert Quinn in the run game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Rams don't make the playoffs this year, they have to consider moving on from Fisher. He's in his 4th year and has yet to hit .500 let alone go over it.

I've said for some time....the most over-rated coach in the league and at $7mil per, he's the 4th highest paid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, he’s got some sort of major teflon. Media (except Sal Pal) kiss his a–.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They spent how much money and draft picks at the RB position this off season?

Outside of their draft pick, what money did they spend on RB's?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, he's got some sort of major teflon. Media (except Sal Pal) kiss his a--.

I think he's a media kiss ass. Every year at the draft it seems like the media has more coverage on the Rams than most teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was a sandwich game for Rams and they came out flat… They’re still learning how to win consistently.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the same thing could be said for Houston. I mean, they could have taken Bridgewater instead of Clowney, and actually have a positive outlook on the future of their franchise. Right now, it just looks like they're riding the defense to 9-7 every year.They'll never be in a better position to draft a QB than they were in the 2014 draft. Who knows when they'll get that chance again.To me STL and HOU are in identical positions - great D with no QB. Wouldn't be surprised if both teams miss playoffs, again.

I am not sold on Teddy. Nice pitch to AD though!He is Blalex Smith. See?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My brother is a Rams fan so I follow them fairly closely. They are a pretty good team but a few pieces away.They have had a below average offensive line for the past few years so if they could sure that up it would do wonders. I believe Foles could do well in STL  but they need a stud receiver, another TE, and offensive line help to make that offense good. I think Gurley will be a beast.Their defensive line is stout but could use some secondary help and another stout linebacker. Fisher is a solid coach but he needs to get his team above .500 very soon.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

What I took from that game is the Redskins might not be so bad afterall that defense is balling out there, and with a strong run game they're looking tough

I agree. I haven't watched the game yet, but for a second, during replays, I kept wondering if they snuck a Wilbur Marshall clone out onto the field. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really like the Rams. They have picked several of my favorite players in the last couple of drafts on defense. IMO on offense they are one big play WR away from competing for that division. Their draft choices at the WR position have been baffling to say the least. They could have had that guy already but apparently they prefer midget WRs.

Please wait…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.