Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 59 reply threads

• Author

• Wutt

Participant

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Did the Seahawks think they were trading for a quarterback?

Smh…

• leeroybuc93

Participant

That is WAY too much to give up for a safety. I wouldn’t give that up for Ed Reed and Jamal Adams isn’t in the same ballpark as Ed Reed.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is WAY too much to give up for a safety. I wouldn’t give that up for Ed Reed and Jamal Adams isn’t in the same ballpark as Ed Reed.

Maybe you should watch him? He’s not Ed Reed, but he’s as good as the position gets in 2020. If Seattle is looking to ring it up the next three years (and they certainly could), he’s a great addition to their team. First round picks become less meaningful when you have a top 3 QB for the next decade.

• BucsBay

Participant

That’s a good move for the Seachics. For the cover 3 they love to play, he’s maybe the only Safety you could put on par with what Earl Thomas did for them.

• Roy

Participant

Wow yes that’s quite a package. Is it really out of line? Checking the Draftek trade value chart and it’s not that bad. Adams was a 6th pick of the draft. Seattle had the 27th pick and that’s pretty normal for them. A 6th pick is worth 1600 points. A 27th pick is worth 680 points. Late 3rd worth 136 and NYJ 4th worth 88. Adams has lived up to his draft status at the least, so this seems to be a fair deal if Seattle has winning seasons and their picks are late in the round.

This is only true if they have to sign Adams to a long term deal, and he wants to be one of the highest paid defensive players in the league. Wilson already exceeds $30 mil against the cap. You are going to have to give Adams $20 mil to make him happy.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Dude has 2 career interceptions. I’m not buying it. Earl Thomas had 10 by the same point in their careers. This guy isn’t replacing Earl Thomas any time soon.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Fuuuuuckkk I did not want him to come to a SB contender in the NFC. sigh.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Such a bad move for the Seahawks. Mortgaging the future for a safety just isn’t smart. Seahawks aren’t winning a Superbowl with or without him.

• Bootz04

Blocked

Nonsense. Seattle is an annual Superbowl contender as long as Russell Wilson is under center and Pete Carroll is patrolling the sideline. This trade closes the gap.

Such a bad move for the Seahawks. Mortgaging the future for a safety just isn’t smart. Seahawks aren’t winning a Superbowl with or without him.

• Bootz04

Blocked

You clearly haven’t watched him. That’s not his game. He’s at his best making plays in the backfield, which he’s great at. 28 tackles for loss, 12.5 sacks(in 3 years, as a safety), along with 6 forced fumbles, 4 fumble recoveries and 2 TDs. He’s a playmaker.

In Seattle’s Cover 3, he will fit in perfectly playing the role Kam Chancellor did for so many years. He’s not as big as Chancellor but he’s just as good of a tackler and has more talent.

Dude has 2 career interceptions. I’m not buying it. Earl Thomas had 10 by the same point in their careers. This guy isn’t replacing Earl Thomas any time soon.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Nonsense. Seattle is an annual Superbowl contender as long as Russell Wilson is under center and Pete Carroll is patrolling the sideline. This trade closes the gap.

It was a good move for them. I like aggressive moves for teams that are in contention.

• DerekPHFD

Participant

Seattle has traded out of the first round 4 of the last 8 years. I think it’s a good trade for them. I don’t think it would be a good trade if we made the move. 2 first rounds and a a starting safety and another pick seems like a lot to give up to me. But I don’t hate the move for them.

• Anonymous

Inactive

George kittle’s nemesis.

• FsstNfurios

Participant

I’m excited about Winfield Jr and Whitehead as our safeties. Best tandem we’ve had in over a decade. And we have Todd Bowles? Cant freaking wait.

• JC5100

Participant

Complete failure for Seattle. He’s a box safety. Byard and Justin Simmons are better players. Plus all of this drama started because Gase benched him in a game vs the Bengals for getting toasted.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

You clearly haven’t watched him. That’s not his game. He’s at his best making plays in the backfield, which he’s great at. 28 tackles for loss, 12.5 sacks(in 3 years, as a safety), along with 6 forced fumbles, 4 fumble recoveries and 2 TDs. He’s a playmaker.

In Seattle’s Cover 3, he will fit in perfectly playing the role Kam Chancellor did for so many years. He’s not as big as Chancellor but he’s just as good of a tackler and has more talent.

Of course that’s not his game. That’s my whole point. He’s much closer to Kam Chancellor than Earl Thomas. He’s an in the box safety which is not worth 2 firsts, a third, and a starting safety, no matter how good he is at it.

And on top of all that craziness, they still have to make him the highest paid safety in the game.

• ryan24

Participant

I don’t disagree on who Adams is and compares to. Do you make this deal for Kam Chancellor?

• Bootz04

Blocked

A player’s value is not equally relative across all 32 teams. That’s what casual fans ROUTINELY miss the mark on. I don’t know where you created this idea in your head that free safeties are more important than strong safeties either. Is it based solely on interceptions? Well if that’s the case, Adams has helped created 12 total turnovers over 3 years. 2 picks, 4 fumble recoveries and 6 forced fumbles. Also he gets to the QB, which is more important than INTs. 12.5 sacks over 3 years.

So your statement of “you don’t make this trade for a box safety” is too vague and needs further clarification. Starting with why

Of course that’s not his game. That’s my whole point. He’s much closer to Kam Chancellor than Earl Thomas. He’s an in the box safety which is not worth 2 firsts, a third, and a starting safety, no matter how good he is at it.

And on top of all that craziness, they still have to make him the highest paid safety in the game.

• Bootz04

Blocked

No, you do this deal for Jamal Adams. Why does there need to be some player comparison to validate a trade? Casual fans are too stuck on draft picks. Adams is a difference maker.

I don’t disagree on who Adams is and compares to. Do you make this deal for Kam Chancellor?

• leeroybuc93

Participant

A player’s value is not equally relative across all 32 teams. That’s what casual fans ROUTINELY miss the mark on. I don’t know where you created this idea in your head that free safeties are more important than strong safeties either. Is it based solely on interceptions? Well if that’s the case, Adams has helped created 12 total turnovers over 3 years. 2 picks, 4 fumble recoveries and 6 forced fumbles. Also he gets to the QB, which is more important than INTs. 12.5 sacks over 3 years.

So your statement of “you don’t make this trade for a box safety” is too vague and needs further clarification. Starting with why

So he’s helped create 4 turnovers a year over 3 seasons. Cool. I’m not debating whether he’s a good player. He is. He could be the best safety in the world. I’m debating whether a good safety is worth what they gave up. Because if they’re going to ask him to do exactly what he did in NY then that’s way too much compensation. If not, then they’re speculating on what he can do, in which case that’s way too much compensation. He impacts the game a lot for a safety but a safety just doesn’t impact the game enough to justify that package.

• 3rd String Kicker

That’s a lot of draft capital for any player, so you have to know you’re getting a sure thing. I hope for the Hawks sake he’ll be supportive of his franchise (Coaches, Administration, and Players) moving forward, that’s really my only concern. Talent is certainly not a question in my eyes.

• Bootz04

Blocked

By comparison, Tyrann Mathieu has helped create 10 turnovers since 2017 while playing in 2 more games than Adams and 6 sacks to Adams 12. Mathieu is the players Adams is most compared to.

What he was asked to do in NY only made him a 2 time All-Pro & 2 time Pro Bowler. Why wouldn’t you want that?

So he’s helped create 4 turnovers a year over 3 seasons. Cool. I’m not debating whether he’s a good player. He is. He could be the best safety in the world. I’m debating whether a good safety is worth what they gave up. Because if they’re going to ask him to do exactly what he did in NY then that’s way too much compensation. If not, then they’re speculating on what he can do, in which case that’s way too much compensation. He impacts the game a lot for a safety but a safety just doesn’t impact the game enough to justify that package.

• ryan24

Participant

No, you do this deal for Jamal Adams. Why does there need to be some player comparison to validate a trade? Casual fans are too stuck on draft picks. Adams is a difference maker.

Epic Bootz maneuver. Make a player comparison himself and then when that player comparison is used to ask a question about the player comp, call the poster a “casual”.

Well done and you haven’t changed a bit.

• Bootz04

Blocked

I only brought up Chancellor because he played on the team Adams is going to, in the role in the same defense. That’s not the same as your comparison of whether you trade for Chancellor or not. That’s irrelevant.

I don’t know who you are but if this cowardly deflection is usual business for you, stay out the kitchen kiddo.

Epic Bootz maneuver. Make a player comparison himself and then when that player comparison is used to ask a question about the player comp, call the poster a “casual”.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Adams is physical and will not get rubbed out when Kittle comes steamrolling. And This move was done to get by San Fran, period.

• ryan24

Participant

By comparison, Tyrann Mathieu has helped create 10 turnovers since 2017 while playing in 2 more games than Adams and 6 sacks to Adams 12. Mathieu is the players Adams is most compared to.

What he was asked to do in NY only made him a 2 time All-Pro & 2 time Pro Bowler. Why wouldn’t you want that?

….and I don’t think any team is paying that kind of price for the Honey Badger who’s been a hired gun over the last few years. I realize no one is making player comparison’s…well except maybe you….but while Adams is a very good player the question is whether the compensation is fair.

If the thought is you pay whatever you need to to bring the player you need in, then the answer is probably. If the answer lies in the relative ability of the player who is better than what they had last year but not as good as who they had a few years ago and will cost a ton of money to make the trade viable at all then the answer is probably no.

• ryan24

Participant

I only brought up Chancellor because he played on the team Adams is going to, in the role in the same defense. That’s not the same as your comparison of whether you trade for Chancellor or not. That’s irrelevant.

I don’t know who you are but if this cowardly deflection is usual business for you, stay out the kitchen kiddo.

The only reason you brought up Kam is to make a player comparison which, by your own argument, would make someone a casual. They you whine about being called out on it.

Continue on bootzin along. It’s what you do.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Without a pass rush the Seahawks defense will continue to be middle of the pack.

The difference between McDougald and Adams isn’t big enough to justify this mortgage of the future.

They will be better this year for this trade but more than ever, Rusky will have to carry them.

• Greattimes

Participant

I have read reports that the 2021 salary cap will be lower than the 2020 salary cap. Between Russel Wilson and Adams (who is going to demand a big money contract), the Seahawks could have over 40% of the salary cap invested in these 2 players. Seattle will be unable to sign other coveted players because of that salary cap. Russell Wilson is already running for his life against good opposing defensive lines. They won’t be able to keep their other top players. Investing so much salary cap in 2 players makes a team worse. The NFL is as much a money game as it is the game played on the field.

• ryan24

Participant

Without a pass rush the Seahawks defense will continue to be middle of the pack.

The difference between McDougald and Adams isn’t big enough to justify this mortgage of the future.

They will be better this year for this trade but more than ever, Rusky will have to carry them.

The logic would be they brought Adams in to improve that pass rush since that is one of Adam’s strongest traits.

Overall, I don’t disagree with your assessment.

• Bootz04

Blocked

Your “Bucs fandom” is heavy. I can tell you don’t follow the NFL as much as you follow the Bucs. If you did, you know that Mathieu made the Chiefs defense more of a productive unit because of his playmaking abilities and production. Defensive DVOA jumped from 26 to 14.

Adams has that kind of impact.

….and I don’t think any team is paying that kind of price for the Honey Badger who’s been a hired gun over the last few years. I realize no one is making player comparison’s…well except maybe you….but while Adams is a very good player the question is whether the compensation is fair.

If the thought is you pay whatever you need to to bring the player you need in, then the answer is probably. If the answer lies in the relative ability of the player who is better than what they had last year but not as good as who they had a few years ago and will cost a ton of money to make the trade viable at all then the answer is probably no.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Seattle wins the Super Bowl this move was worth it. Period. A good GM is better than any amount of draft picks. It’s why we struggle so much in Tampa. No one knows what the fuck they are doing.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

I would want that on my team. I would love Adams on the Bucs. Just not at that cost. Mathieu is very comparable to Adams and didn’t cost anywhere near what Adams has already cost the Seahawks even before they extend his contract.

• Bootz04

Blocked

@deflagatesteve you bring up the big picture. Do people think this trade somehow makes Seattle a worse team? That they won’t contend for a championship? What’s the reason for the criticism? Seems to be based around the draft picks. Bucs fans, I assure you that winning teams don’t hope to win the off-season the wau the Bucs do. Seattle’s average draft position during the Russell Wilson era is 27th. You know what the Bucs’ is during that same span? 8th. So naturally fans who are accustomed to a losing team won’t understand how to utilize draft picks to get impact players because this team is always “rebuilding”.

• ryan24

Participant

Your “Bucs fandom” is heavy. I can tell you don’t follow the NFL as much as you follow the Bucs. If you did, you know that Mathieu made the Chiefs defense more of a productive unit because of his playmaking abilities and production. Defensive DVOA jumped from 26 to 14.

Adams has that kind of impact.

Nobody would trade the package the Jets got for the Honey Badger. You’re just bootzin’ along as usual while not making comparisons that you keep making.

• DerekPHFD

Participant

I agree no one would give up two first for honey badger. But he did sign a 3 year 42 million dollar deal with chiefs. So it’s not like he isn’t getting paid.

I’ve noticed a trend of super bowl winning teams the past 20 years. They have gotten elite play from at least 1 safety. Outside of maybe the two giants teams and Denver. Thomas in Seattle, Reed in Baltimore, Troy P in Pitt, Mccourty, Milloy and Harrison in NE, Jenkins in philly. Obviously Lynch with us. Even the years Indy, Green Bay and NO won they had elite play that season at safety. bob sanders was DPOY nick Collins was a pro bowler and Darren sharper was first team all
      Pro.

I’m not saying building a team around a safety is he right call. But an elite safety can take a contending team and put them over the hump. Much like honey badger helped do last year with he chiefs.

Like I said, I would not like the trade if Tampa made it. But Seattle is a consistent playoff team and may think this is what gets them over the hump.

• Bootz04

Blocked

Players like that are the ultimate Chess piece. Essentially the Queen on the board. They do it all. Play coverage, play the run, rush the passer, make plays all over the field. When you get one like Adams who has no weaknesses it makes your defense difficult to match up with

I agree no one would give up two first for honey badger. But he did sign a 3 year 42 million dollar deal with chiefs. So it’s not like he isn’t getting paid.

I’ve noticed a trend of super bowl winning teams the past 20 years. They have gotten elite play from at least 1 safety. Outside of maybe the two giants teams and Denver. Thomas in Seattle, Reed in Baltimore, Troy P in Pitt, Mccourty, Milloy and Harrison in NE, Jenkins in philly. Obviously Lynch with us. Even the years Indy, Green Bay and NO won they had elite play that season at safety. bob sanders was DPOY nick Collins was a pro bowler and Darren sharper was first team all
      Pro.

I’m not saying building a team around a safety is he right call. But an elite safety can take a contending team and put them over the hump. Much like honey badger helped do last year with he chiefs.

Like I said, I would not like the trade if Tampa made it. But Seattle is a consistent playoff team and may think this is what gets them over the hump.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Holy fuck stop quoting each other… it makes one post the length of a football field.

• Barnz1

Participant

It’s impossible to say who won right now. Kinda like the Khalil Mack trade. The Hawks have to win to justify it and the Jets have to draft well. On face value it’s a bit too much for the player.

Real ballsy move by Seattle though. Trading all those picks plus they will have to pay Adams a massive extension to keep him right when the cap is due to drop so that could cause some issues. And there’s no guarantee this season is even completed if Covid hits the fan which would mean you lose a season of play from the guy you just unloaded for.

• Bootz04

Blocked

Is there any doubt that the Seahawks will win? They haven’t had a losing season since 2011 and the only time they missed the playoffs was a 9-7 season 3 years ago. I’m really not understanding how anyone can say this is a bad deal for Seattle but given how most Bucs fans are unaware of how great organizations operate, I’m not surprised so much faith is put into draft picks.

Think about this. Seattle didn’t have a 1st round pick from 2013-2015. All they did in that span was go 35-13 during the regular season, 6-2 in the playoffs, win 2 NFC Championships and a Superbowl.

Again what is the worry?

It’s impossible to say who won right now. Kinda like the Khalil Mack trade. The Hawks have to win to justify it and the Jets have to draft well. On face value it’s a bit too much for the player.

Real ballsy move by Seattle though. Trading all those picks plus they will have to pay Adams a massive extension to keep him right when the cap is due to drop so that could cause some issues. And there’s no guarantee this season is even completed if Covid hits the fan which would mean you lose a season of play from the guy you just unloaded for.

• Barnz1

Participant

Is there any doubt that the Seahawks will win? They haven’t had a losing season since 2011 and the only time they missed the playoffs was a 9-7 season 3 years ago. I’m really not understanding how anyone can say this is a bad deal for Seattle but given how most Bucs fans are unaware of how great organizations operate, I’m not surprised so much faith is put into draft picks.

Think about this. Seattle didn’t have a 1st round pick from 2013-2015. All they did in that span was go 35-13 during the regular season, 6-2 in the playoffs, win 2 NFC Championships and a Superbowl.

Again what is the worry?

“Winning” does not just mean making the playoffs or winning a playoff game, it means winning the SB. You don’t trade all those picks for a player who wants a market resetting contract otherwise.

This trade tells everyone they think they’re one piece away and their level of winning will determine it.

• BucBalla85

Participant

The Seahawks have been contenders for a long time and there is reason for that. Not just because they found a qb. They also do an excellent job drafting and managing their roster. We have been awful at that for years. Another reason they can make a move like this. Another good example locally is our hockey team. They are good drafting and picking up players on the cheap. They can afford to trade away draft choices and it helps them contend.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

The Seahawks paid way too much to get him. Looks like the Jets are stockpiling picks so they can grab Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields in 2021.

• DerekPHFD

Participant

The Seahawks paid way too much to get him. Looks like the Jets are stockpiling picks so they can grab Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields in 2021.

With pick 27?

• DerekPHFD

Participant

I’m sure any team that is picking 1 overall would trade away that pick for two mid 20s and maybe a top ten pick.

• Bootz04

Blocked

So you’re saying they are abandoning the Sam Darnold experiment? After year 3?

Your position doesn’t make sense. If they need to stockpile picks to MOVE UP it means they likely won’t be picking very low, meaning they probably won’t need another young QB. And Darnold is super young for a 3rd year player, just turned 23 last month.

But if they are bad enough as it is to the point that they need a QB, then they’ll likely be drafting low….yet again…And won’t need to move up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are wrong all the time. STFU clown.

If Seattle wins the Super Bowl this move was worth it. Period. A good GM is better than any amount of draft picks. It’s why we struggle so much in Tampa. No one knows what the fuck they are doing.

• Bootz04

Blocked

He’s not wrong here. Not even close to being wrong. Don’t let bias cloud judgment on a post that’s not related to his others.

If Seattle wins the Superbowl this move will have been worth it and then some. That’s a fact. Do you disagree?

• seekpar

Participant

I can’t comment on Adams’ talents since the Jets have been one of the most irrelevant NFL teams for quite some time now, and I don’t watch their games. But it does seem to me to be too high a price to pay. And one has to wonder how they’re going to keep good talent around Wilson and Adams when those 2 players are occupying so much of their salary cap.

• Bootz04

Blocked

The same way they always have. Good drafting, good free agent pick-ups, and the main one, developing players. That last one is lost on Bucs fans.

I can’t comment on Adams’ talents since the Jets have been one of the most irrelevant NFL teams for quite some time now, and I don’t watch their games. But it does seem to me to be too high a price to pay. And one has to wonder how they’re going to keep good talent around Wilson and Adams when those 2 players are occupying so much of their salary cap.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The same way they always have. Good drafting, good free agent pick-ups, and the main one, developing players. That last one is lost on Bucs fans.

100%. Tampa has been brutal at getting the most out of it’s players. This has been a glaring issue since it’s inception in 1976.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Adams is a better Kam Chancellor, the real question I have.. Is Quandre Diggs their Earl Thomas? Good enough in deep coverage to allow Adams to do what he does and make plays at the LOS?

Their pass rush is absolutely terrible, I wonder if they would have been better off trading for/paying Yannick Ngannoue instead.

Pete Carol loves him some DBs, this is a huge haul of draft picks for a safety. This to me is a little bit of desperation, Seahawks fans are saying this is a great trade because they’ve been terrible drafting in round 1 for the last 5 years.

The Seahawks are a 2-14 team without Russell Wilson. Their roster is fucking terrible. They have done a poor job of building a great team around him ever since the LOB. IMO Russell Wilson is the best QB in the NFL not named Mahomes.

• Bootz04

Blocked

Seattle’s defense has always been focused around the secondary. Even in the legion of boom days, they weren’t known for being an elite pass rushing team. Their system works.

As for Quandre Diggs, he’s a good safety in his own right and made the Pro Bowl playing in this system. But if he can’t be Earl Thomas, guess who can? Jamal Adams. While playing near the LOS and making plays in the backfield is his bread and butter, so is playing in coverage. He graded as the best safety in man coverage last year and has good grades in zone and deep coverage.

Adams is a better Kam Chancellor, the real question I have.. Is Quandre Diggs their Earl Thomas? Good enough in deep coverage to allow Adams to do what he does and make plays at the LOS?

Their pass rush is absolutely terrible, I wonder if they would have been better off trading for/paying Yannick Ngannoue instead.

Pete Carol loves him some DBs, this is a huge haul of draft picks for a safety. This to me is a little bit of desperation, Seahawks fans are saying this is a great trade because they’ve been terrible drafting in round 1 for the last 5 years.

The Seahawks are a 2-14 team without Russell Wilson. Their roster is fucking terrible. They have done a poor job of building a great team around him ever since the LOB. IMO Russell Wilson is the best QB in the NFL not named Mahomes.

• buc-in-out

Participant

^During the LOB days they had elite pass rush as well. Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Chris Clemons and Bruce Irvin were very disruptive.

Their Dline is a bunch of JAGs as it stands.. Jarran Reed is okay I guess.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s a good move for a team that is damn close to super bowl contention. They were super close to winning home field advantage this past season losing late to the 49ers.

It’s a great move for anyone trying to win the eternal prize. Seattle is ions in front of Tampa on the making the right move front.

• buc-in-out

Participant

^Only because of Russell Wilson. Their team as a whole is fucking trash. They have the talent of a 2-14 squad, but Russ is just that incredible.

• Bootz04

Blocked

You made my point about the Seahawks being excellent at developing and getting the most out of their players. These aren’t hall of fame caliber players you’re mentioning here. At 1 point all of them were JAGS. But in the Seahawks organization and along with the elite play on the backend they were able to be a productive group.

Reed is good. They also just drafted LJ Collier last year, though he was hurt for most of his rookie year. Their defense is built around secondary play. Always has been.

^During the LOB days they had elite pass rush as well. Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Chris Clemons and Bruce Irvin were very disruptive.

Their Dline is a bunch of JAGs as it stands.. Jarran Reed is okay I guess.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I said as much already. You even replied with your casual bullshit.

He’s not wrong here. Not even close to being wrong. Don’t let bias cloud judgment on a post that’s not related to his others.

If Seattle wins the Superbowl this move will have been worth it and then some. That’s a fact. Do you disagree?

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^^^^ No Balls Jenkins

Viewing 59 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.