Viewing 2 reply threads

• Author

• HoistTheFlag

Participant

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Buccaneers-Release-First-Depth-Chart/dd0c53a7-b69d-4a2a-8f0a-f802c1f5b0I noticed that Garret Gilkey is starting at RG witch is BAD. Now i know that Ali Marpet has a chance of starting over him, but even if he does hes a rookie from a D3 college and i feel that it would be best for him to back up a good veteran. Evan Mathis is still out there and would be a great addition on a 1 year deal. Gilkey was rated one of the worst offensive lineman in the nfl last year and i feel this is the one spot on the line that would be a huge weak point. I believe Ali has the potential to be a Pro Bowler and he has held his own in training camp but im not sure hes ready for the NFL yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s the first depth chart for the first game. Ali needs reps and he’ll get alot of them playing second string on the first game. Why would we need him to learn from Mathis when he already has Mankins?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Buccaneers-Release-First-Depth-Chart/dd0c53a7-b69d-4a2a-8f0a-f802c1f5b0I noticed that Garret Gilkey is starting at RG witch is BAD. Now i know that Ali Marpet has a chance of starting over him, but even if he does hes a rookie from a D3 college and i feel that it would be best for him to back up a good veteran. Evan Mathis is still out there and would be a great addition on a 1 year deal. Gilkey was rated one of the worst offensive lineman in the nfl last year and i feel this is the one spot on the line that would be a huge weak point. I believe Ali has the potential to be a Pro Bowler and he has held his own in training camp but im not sure hes ready for the NFL yet.

He is a very solid rental. He may want a three year deal…bit much for a rental. But I agree, after some thought. Marpet shouldn't be tossed out there from Hobart to the NFL. Just...not a good idea, IMO. And GG is hot garbage. Mathis would be a solid signing, and a good way to keep Jameis from getting deer-in-headlights syndrome, a la David Carr. And we know it happens. If he has a penchant for throwing bad picks WITH time, he will be on the bench by week 8 if the Bucs stay status quo. We know what we have with guys like Smith, and Dotson, and Gilkey. Just...marginal players. Maybe Dotson being the exception, but even he knew to withdraw his contract demands. He knew they were silly given his level of play. It was bad. Mathis fortifies the interior. Three solid vet presences, and Dotson can swing to left side and let Smitty handle the plodders on the right side. He's built for that. Dotson might be angular and long enough to match up with speedier ends on that side.

Please wait…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.