Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 36 reply threads

• Author

• nitey

Participant

Yes, I know it’s only two games into the season, but the schedule ahead is looking less intimidating to me today than it did a month ago. I’m still a bit on the pessimistic side of the 8-8 record, but honestly, IF the team can continue to progress from the effort that they showed last Sunday, this schedule isn’t looking too hard. Of course, the kicker is: were we actually better than the Saints last week or were the Saints actually worse than us.at Texans (0-2): I think we find out what team we have this weekend. Houston has problems offensively. Severe problems along the offensive line, a running game that has not been very good so far and a quarterback controversy. Defensively they are still a good team. The question is can our offense do enough to win the game or can the defense completely stonewall the Houston offense so even minimal points matter.Panthers (2-0): This is a home game and much like Houston, the Panthers defense has been very good so far this season. The Panthers offense has been getting by on their running game. We have to be balanced to win. But if we beat Houston, we'll have enough confidence to make this more of an even game than Carolina would have thought at the beginning of the season. Still the odds are that we lose this game, but it's no longer certain in my mind.Jaguars (1-1): A team much like us, we have them at home. A winnable game, but no gimme.at Redskins (1-1): At the beginning of the season, this was the one game I'd figure we'd win hands down. Redskins defense is better than expected and the offense if not turning over the ball has been decent. Another winnable game, but no longer a gimme.at Falcons (2-0): This is the only game/team I think is looking clearly better than us. If we win some of the earlier games, it will go a long way to give us some confidence in winning this one. Also Koetter KNOWS this team. Giants (0-2): Giants have blown two big 4th quarter leads. By the time they get to us, they could have righted the ship or they might be still stumbling to less than expected record. This is also not the automatic loss that I thought it would be.Cowboys (2-0): Romo could be out, Romo could be in. Dallas is a better team, but without Dez and Romo? Maybe not.at Eagles (0-2): Chip Kelly is looking for answers after this offense has been pretty offensive for two games. Again, he could have righted the ship by the time we face him, but I wonder if he didn't try too hard to play Madden 16 and ended up with a confused team.at Colts (0-2): Another surprised 0-2 team looking for answers. Falcons (2-0): See above. Saints (0-2): The Saints IMO, were better than what they showed last Sunday, but if Brees is really starting his decline, this might be the year WE sweep them.at Rams (1-1): The Rams are still looking like the team I thought they'd be at the start of the season. At St. Louis, this is still looking mostly like a loss.Bears (0-2): Cutler injured and ineffective. Their defense has given up 79 points. This is not looking like that hard of a game - at the moment.at Panthers (2-0): See above. Carolina is always going to be tough because of their defense. Cam always makes their offense dangerous because of his mobility.Some are going to say that I bought the kool-aid after Sunday's win and that's partially true, but I didn't really think the Titan's game was a good reflection of our team. No, what really caused this post was that all the teams on this list, especially teams we thought would be really good are somewhat struggling as well.I still don't have a handle on what this team really is, but I do know, that like 2010 when that 'youngry' team got some confidence, bounces and games can go your way. I really think Sunday's game is a bit of a measuring stick for this team as Houston really doesn't seem much, if any, better than us. Good teams beat unhealthy teams. Our team appears healthier.Win Sunday and maybe this team grabs enough confidence to make a run.As always, JMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Appreciate the positive post      THANKS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the upcoming schedule will continue to evolve on just how tough it will be (I know, DUH) but we have gotten a few breaks with the teams in front of us…Romo and Dez is a pretty damn big break. If we dodge Deandre Hopkins and Foster when we play the Texans, that is another big break. For me, this team is going to have to put together consistent performances in consecutive weeks (again, DUH) in order to beat up some teams. We have one horrible week and one good week...lets see what week 3 brings. IF they can win this week...my cautious optimism will continue to rise.I said before the season started 2-3 or 3-2 going into the break would make me happy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honestly, the Giants, Falcons, Panthers are the only teams at this current point I’d say have strong odds of beating us. Jags, Bears, Redskins, Rams, Cowboys, Eagles, all have problems. So do we, but these games should be winnable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We will need the confidence week 4 hosting the Panthers. Living in NC, I hate the Panthers and their stupid teal uniforms.  Yes, I would take our digital alarm clock numbers over their stupid teal jerseys any day.  (off the soap box)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And if the team goes 10-6 will everyone discount it like Raheem’s 2010 team because most of our wins will have come against teams with a losing record?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honestly, the Giants, Falcons, Panthers are the only teams at this current point I'd say have strong odds of beating us.

We should know a lot about both the Redskins and Giants this week. If the G men lose to the skins, then I'm really going to discount New York on the schedule (and probably increase Washington).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And if the team goes 10-6 will everyone discount it like Raheem's 2010 team because most of our wins will have come against teams with a losing record?

I don't think so Cyber, but you can't control others opinions. If media wants to discount it, that's fine with me so long as our team doesn't discount itself.The reason that 2010 team failed the following year was that what little discipline it had was gone the next year and Freeman started his downward spiral. I don't see that kind of thing happening to this team with the current player leadership we have now. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And if the team goes 10-6 will everyone discount it like Raheem's 2010 team because most of our wins will have come against teams with a losing record?

It's only discounted because 2011 was such a disaster. If 2011 had been a 10 win season or better, it would have just been seen as part of the process of getting better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why don’t we string back-to-back wins for the first time since?????and then try to get a win at home versus the only bigger NFL laughing stock than us first.IF we go 3-1, THEN we can continue the discussion here.but to your point, yes, we are getting some freaking gifts on the schedule already. as it was, it was one of the easiest schedules in the league. the rash of opponent injuries only enhanced it.let's get a god damned streak going!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope we make the playoffs for a myriad of reasons, among them is the fact that we wont be ‘Hardknocks’ eligible. That show has ruined the proceeding season for almost every team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve been saying since tampa drafted a qb that this team was capable of eight wins or more.Imo, jsmith looked promising, and lovie simply canning mccown was an immediate improvement, as well as the following drafting a top qb. So, here were two qb's that were really good. I figured tampa would draft someone else and do the dumb thing.Now that they know how sucky it is to get rolled over, how humiliating it can be, i think they play harder.Also, they now know they can win, and confidence is a mo fo.Eight is still a realistic expectation, imvho.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guys I just can’t look ahead at this point in the season. I’m taking a player’s approach with one game at a time. :)

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

I've been saying since tampa drafted a qb that this team was capable of eight wins or more.Imo, jsmith looked promising, and lovie simply canning mccown was an immediate improvement, as well as the following drafting a top qb. So, here were two qb's that were really good. I figured tampa would draft someone else and do the dumb thing.Now that they know how sucky it is to get rolled over, how humiliating it can be, i think they play harder.Also, they now know they can win, and confidence is a mo fo.Eight is still a realistic expectation, imvho.

Eight is realistic and sounds so good to me!!!!!!! But nine would send this fan base into overdrive.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've been saying since tampa drafted a qb that this team was capable of eight wins or more.Imo, jsmith looked promising, and lovie simply canning mccown was an immediate improvement, as well as the following drafting a top qb. So, here were two qb's that were really good. I figured tampa would draft someone else and do the dumb thing.Now that they know how sucky it is to get rolled over, how humiliating it can be, i think they play harder.Also, they now know they can win, and confidence is a mo fo.Eight is still a realistic expectation, imvho.

Weren't you the one who had a meltdown b/c we lost our home opener? Let's take a look at one of your (literally) hundred blue-font posts after the Titans game:

The media has hyped our offseason every single year where have you been?Schiano bringing discipline and fire to the Bucs!Gerald McCoy and Brian Price!!No Fly Zone!!Yungry!!This is just the first year people seem to be giving up after one week.

They do not know the truth.Those horrid mariota losers need to understand, winston is almighty. Marcus is a mere mortal.Those who have given up after a loss, come forth! Bow down and ask for forgiveness! Winston will listen and provide a win!

In my eyes you've lost all credibility. Stop telling us what "You've been saying since" b/c, frankly, not many of us care anymore. You have proven yourself to be weak and to be someone who will change their opinion at the very first sign of trouble.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bad teams will find ways to lose, if our team is good we will make the playoffs with that schedule

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Weren't you the one who had a meltdown b/c we lost our home opener? Let's take a look at one of your (literally) hundred blue-font posts after the Titans game:

The media has hyped our offseason every single year where have you been?Schiano bringing discipline and fire to the Bucs!Gerald McCoy and Brian Price!!No Fly Zone!!Yungry!!This is just the first year people seem to be giving up after one week.

They do not know the truth.Those horrid mariota losers need to understand, winston is almighty. Marcus is a mere mortal.Those who have given up after a loss, come forth! Bow down and ask for forgiveness! Winston will listen and provide a win!

In my eyes you've lost all credibility. Stop telling us what "You've been saying since" b/c, frankly, not many of us care anymore. You have proven yourself to be weak and to be someone who will change their opinion at the very first sign of trouble.

......,^Thats me caring about your concern over my credibility.Look man, I'm just a fan. Not a journalist, analyst, etc. Get your news elsewhere if you dont like my take. Part of that was a joke, hince the blue sarcasm color. The other part was to call out fsu homers, who were relentless predraft. That was kind of the point. Hince the overly dramatic wording.Most of it was because of the atrocious start, which deserved a verbal beating. By a lot of people. If theyre going to play like chumps, im going to treat them like chumps. Must've been what they were hearing too, because they finally showed the hell up.And winston? Well, im still not sure im sold on the guy. There are a lot of genuine concerns of how he plays. One win was a good team effort, the other wasn't. Idk how much the qb actually mattered in those two games.As i told hate, im just happy as hell mcclown number two is gone. Nothings getting me off that high.And, for the record, i was only going to do that after losses. They win, you dont hear diddly from me in blue(except the jameis prayer). Gives ya something else to root for.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I need to get by this Houston game before predicting the rest. Its big for me. A win would be huge. It would show an upward trend. But if we look like week 1? Back to the drawing board. I expect a solid effort though. The fellas got some confidence from last week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea, we need to see how much the ASJ loss is going to affect our O. Koetter said yesterday that TE is a plug and play position on this team, but, I’m not too confident that he isn’t just trying to stay positive. I'll start feeling comfortable about a playoff run if we can make it to the bye at 3-2 with no additional significant injuries. I think by week 7 we'll have Dot, EDS, and ASJ back and we'll be ready to take on the 'skins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One game at a time, boys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ASJ had 2 catches this past game.  He is very replaceable.  Besides, the Bucs were using the TE’s exclusively as blockers to help out the OT’s.  That isn’t going to change for Houston or for the remaining year till Dotson comes back. This is a 6-10 team unless they start showing they can win at home consistently.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To expect a 6 to 8 win season is reasonable….10 wins would be gravy….+10 is delusional

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

......,^Thats me caring about your concern over my credibility.Look man, I'm just a fan. Not a journalist, analyst, etc. Get your news elsewhere if you dont like my take. Part of that was a joke, hince the blue sarcasm color. The other part was to call out fsu homers, who were relentless predraft. That was kind of the point. Hince the overly dramatic wording.Most of it was because of the atrocious start, which deserved a verbal beating. By a lot of people. If theyre going to play like chumps, im going to treat them like chumps. Must've been what they were hearing too, because they finally showed the hell up.And winston? Well, im still not sure im sold on the guy. There are a lot of genuine concerns of how he plays. One win was a good team effort, the other wasn't. Idk how much the qb actually mattered in those two games.As i told hate, im just happy as hell mcclown number two is gone. Nothings getting me off that high.And, for the record, i was only going to do that after losses. They win, you dont hear diddly from me in blue(except the jameis prayer). Gives ya something else to root for.

He's right Wieniewarmer...you flip-flop...when times are good, you're cheerleader...when it goes sideways, change your opinion and start with the hate...Betcha you were a MM fan after week 1 like a bunch of other Klowns on this board...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone else afraid this is gonna be another game where we make a usually not very good QB (Mallett) seem like an All-Pro? I'd like to see this defense string together multiple decent games together before we start talking .500.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why don't we string back-to-back wins for the first time since?????and then try to get a win at home versus the only bigger NFL laughing stock than us first.IF we go 3-1, THEN we can continue the discussion here.but to your point, yes, we are getting some freaking gifts on the schedule already. as it was, it was one of the easiest schedules in the league. the rash of opponent injuries only enhanced it.let's get a god damned streak going!!!!

Who would that be?  hahaWe play the Panthers at home in Week 4 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone else afraid this is gonna be another game where we make a usually not very good QB (Mallett) seem like an All-Pro? I'd like to see this defense string together multiple decent games together before we start talking .500.

Yeah, that's my fear as well, which is why I'm not sold on a over .500 record for this team. I think the team has the talent to be over .500, but it needs to start showing week to week consistency to make me feel that way. That consistency has to start somewhere, I'm hoping that this is the week that it does.The defense really needs to put on their big-boy pants this weekend and completely shut the Houston offense down. However, their FG kicker is as good as ours (appears to be). So, even if the defense holds Houston's scoring in check, our offense still has to come up with enough points itself and the more I look at Houston's defense, the more convinced I am that points are going to be hard to come by this weekend. We can't leave TD's on the field for FG's like we did against the Saints.Turnovers and Penalties, we have to have some of the former and fewer of the latter to win this weekend and we have to take advantage of any short fields we get.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s another novel idea…how about they start winning games AT HOME!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think we have a talent problem, just an experience one. I still believe this is a 6 win football team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, that's my fear as well, which is why I'm not sold on a over .500 record for this team. I think the team has the talent to be over .500, but it needs to start showing week to week consistency to make me feel that way. That consistency has to start somewhere, I'm hoping that this is the week that it does.The defense really needs to put on their big-boy pants this weekend and completely shut the Houston offense down. However, their FG kicker is as good as ours (appears to be). So, even if the defense holds Houston's scoring in check, our offense still has to come up with enough points itself and the more I look at Houston's defense, the more convinced I am that points are going to be hard to come by this weekend. We can't leave TD's on the field for FG's like we did against the Saints.Turnovers and Penalties, we have to have some of the former and fewer of the latter to win this weekend and we have to take advantage of any short fields we get.

Mallett was 0-14 on pass plays he was pressured on. But didn't look too bad when the Panthers either only rushed 4 or just didn't get there. If we can't get pressure early on with just 4 we have to start bringing some heat. He actually had almost a perfect rating in the 3rd when they ran a no-huddle and Carolina simply didn't get pressure and I would say their defense is better than ours still. I don't wan't another Derek Anderson/Austin Davis sort of game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guys I just can't look ahead at this point in the season. I'm taking a player's approach with one game at a time. :)

+1  Totally agree...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honestly, the Giants, Falcons, Panthers are the only teams at this current point I'd say have strong odds of beating us. Jags, Bears, Redskins, Rams, Cowboys, Eagles, all have problems. So do we, but these games should be winnable.

What problems do the Jags, Redskins, Rams, and Eagles have that we don't have that would make those games "winnable"?  Remember, there are 31 other NFL teams who have a distinct advantage over the Bucs.  Those teams don't have Lovie Smith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think so Cyber, but you can't control others opinions. If media wants to discount it, that's fine with me so long as our team doesn't discount itself.The reason that 2010 team failed the following year was that what little discipline it had was gone the next year and Freeman started his downward spiral. I don't see that kind of thing happening to this team with the current player leadership we have now.

People (I at least and a some others that I know), discount the 10-6 season because of '09 and '11.  It was clearly a fluke.  We didn't at the time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guys I just can't look ahead at this point in the season. I'm taking a player's approach with one game at a time. :)

+1  Totally agree...

I'm just happy to be past that losing is winning thing. Let's get to Sunday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why don't we string back-to-back wins for the first time since?????and then try to get a win at home versus the only bigger NFL laughing stock than us first.IF we go 3-1, THEN we can continue the discussion here.but to your point, yes, we are getting some freaking gifts on the schedule already. as it was, it was one of the easiest schedules in the league. the rash of opponent injuries only enhanced it.let's get a god damned streak going!!!!

Who would that be?  hahaWe play the Panthers at home in Week 4

I obviously got the jags game and the panthers game mixed up. You know what I meant.I can tell you are one of those hair splitter posters.Hope you enjoy your gold star today, nicely done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2-14 teams from a year ago with a 3-15 coach can’t look ahead. Let’s see some consistency from this team before we get excited or start adding up the wins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is my approach. We were bad and unprepared for the Titans, and we beat a pretty bad Saints team. I don't think any game on this schedule is a gimme. We could beat any team and we could lose any of them. I am just hoping for a competitive football team, and to hopefully cut out the penalties. I am optimistic that the OL can improve after watching Cherilus bounce back last week. He had a very solid game and our OL overall played well considering we are starting two rookies. The Texans have the potential to make the OL look really bad, so I am expecting to see what looks like regression and very bad play from the OL this week. Defensively, we should be looking good. So, I think it is going to be on the offense to find a way to stop the Texans pass rush. That is the key to the game IMO. As far as the rest of the schedule, like Donk said one game at a time. It's only week two. The records of our future opponents at week two combined with one decent game by our Bucs does not give me any indication of our future success, but my fingers are crossed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is my approach. We were bad and unprepared for the Titans, and we beat a pretty bad Saints team. I don't think any game on this schedule is a gimme. We could beat any team and we could lose any of them. I am just hoping for a competitive football team, and to hopefully cut out the penalties. I am optimistic that the OL can improve after watching Cherilus bounce back last week. He had a very solid game and our OL overall played well considering we are starting two rookies. The Texans have the potential to make the OL look really bad, so I am expecting to see what looks like regression and very bad play from the OL this week. Defensively, we should be looking good. So, I think it is going to be on the offense to find a way to stop the Texans pass rush. That is the key to the game IMO. As far as the rest of the schedule, like Donk said one game at a time. It's only week two. The records of our future opponents at week two combined with one decent game by our Bucs does not give me any indication of our future success, but my fingers are crossed.

Well said.

Please wait…

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.