Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 39 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

1 player has been franchised.

One.

How many get franchised a day 2 before the deadline? Not many at all.

Hope im wrong, but looks like CG14 may be heading to FA.

Tuesday 3 PM? I believe is the deadline.

Stay tuned.

• Boid Fink

Participant

They have to finesse the cap. May take as much time as possible to get their ducks all in a row.

• buc-in-out

Participant

They’re working on getting Brady extended to free up more cap space. I imagine there will be a few contracts that get restructured so we can bring everyone back.

It might go down to the wire.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Godwin doesn’t give the return on investment for what he should command in salary, which means cap money would be better spent elsewhere to maximize effective team strength. Brady spreads the ball around too much for him to be so important, and Godwin can be 90% replaced at a fraction of the price by a number of veteran free agents.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

As much as I hate to say it I have to agree. Godwin is a good receiver. He’s had one elite year and we all, myself included, just kind of decided that was it, he’s a star. But he didn’t maintain that level of play. Also, that elite year came playing mostly in the slot. You don’t pay guys elite money for an outlier season two years ago and you don’t pay slot guys WR1 money.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Godwin was beat the hell up. He’s a stud, and will be retained. Not only Does he help this team in the immediate plans, but he is a contingency as well, for the future.

Godwin is worth retention. And will be kept. Arians ain’t letting him go. He blocks, can play any position as a WR, and can run after the catch. He generally has elite level hands, but I think having concussions, hamstring pulls, and pins inserted into your hand sort of slowed him down. That and the fact there were a lot of targets to go around.

But for the future, he is young and a baller, and needs to be retained. Guys like Suh, AB are the ones that need to worry. Hey are going to get lowballed.

• kenntak

Participant

Godwin was spectacular during the season. I love his ability to run after a short catch and make yards. However, he let me down a bit in the playoffs with uncharacteristic drops. I don’t know the reason for that, was it his nerves? You need big play receivers to make big plays, but maybe it was an anomaly. However, I don’t think BA wants to spend a lot to keep Godwin at the expense of keeping some other players.

I am sure something can be worked out if all parties are reasonable. The Saints kept a lot of good players for many years, although this year it is biting them. New England kept on winning for many years, so it can be done, it just takes some creativity and commitment.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

At this point im fine with robinson golloday fuller or juju to replace CG14.

Been a good run. Deuces!

• Boid Fink

Participant

All of those guys are going to cost around the same money as Godwin, so why screw around with chemistry and sign a player that is equal to Godwin (in terms of pay)?

Makes no sense.

You keep continuity, the player who has a strong connection with TB12 and knows the system, and you have a good wideout for when this team starts to fill in holes again. Godwin is a stud. You have to seriously consider keeping those elements around. Gronk and AB should be the ones that are worried. They weren’t home grown and hand picked by the GM.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

AB, Fournette, did they have chemistry with brady?

This isnt the o line we’re talking about.

2020 proved chemistry is overrated.

If godwin is back, great.

If not, i won’t lose sleep. Godwin, like shaq, isnt some generational talent.

• Boid Fink

Participant

You’re mad and wrong. Production for this team is phenomenal. Stop playin.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

I think they let him test the market then offer a 5 year contract. With Brady and Mike getting reworked contracts there should be a way to sign everyone back.

• kenntak

Participant

I am totally in a different realm, because I usually pay to play sports, but I have trouble seeing why someone would leave the Bucs merely for a chance of getting 10% more or so, when you have a good chance to play for another ring with guys you developed some chemistry; and would not have to learn a new offense and deal with a new quarterback.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

“I am totally in a different realm, because I usually pay to play sports, but I have trouble seeing why someone would leave the Bucs merely for a chance of getting 10% more or so, when you have a good chance to play for another ring with guys you developed some chemistry; and would not have to learn a new offense and deal with a new quarterback.”

@kenntak
      I totally feel you man. Thinking about the seasonal contract work I do in a team based environment on ships. If I have a team I believe in and love to work with, with great chemistry and philosophy I jive with, and a different employer were to offer 10% more on my day rate to come work for them next season, forget about it. You never know what kinda of shitstorm you can find yourself in. Not worth it for that 10%. If I’m not in to the other team members or the operation as a whole, then sure it’s worth it, and more pay makes it an easy pill to swallow.

Now start slinging around +20%…+30%, and I can start to stomach a lot more
      I hope our key players feel the same way, and we get them all back. Even without one or two, I think we can adapt and absorb new players.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Damn, god forbid you want to edit a post on this site. What a mess.

• buc_boi

Participant

Lol

• BucBalla85

Participant

Love Godwin but think he is the easiest to replace on this team. He won’t be easy to replace by any means but wr is something we don’t lack much of. Tyler Johnson and if Brown comes back will be more than enough to handle Godwins old load. Be harder to get a de and lb with the type of speed and skill Barrett and David have that gave KC and the rest of the playoff teams fits. I think our best chance at repeating is retaining those two.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Well certainly for the money I would say by far the most replaceable. 20m in cap room, then if godwin gets his that’s 5m left for Barrett, David, gronk, any other DT to play with Vea, etc. I don’t see a Brady restructure along with evans finding the other 25m it’s going to cost just for guys I mentioned, which doesn’t even get to 51 players under contract yet either.

• Vance

Participant

Ask yourself this is Godwin is playing like Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson? now ask yourself is Shaq playing like like a top 3 defender ? Shaq is hard to find – Godwin isn’t ? this is my opinion though …

• LVBUC2

Participant

Tag Godwin, then trade. There is a 90% chance we lose him in FA. If we lose Godwin in FA all we will get is a 3rd round Comp pick. We could trade him for a 1st or second round pick. For the people that think we can sign all the free agents it won’t happen. To do that, the Bucs would have to shell out large signing Bonus and that is some ownership has not done.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Clock is ticking. CG14 predictions?

Im going LAR. They’ll be our biggest threat in the NFC sans GB imho.

Wish him the best!

Glad he won a ring here at least. Do not blame him one bit for chasing that $.

More disappointed in the FO for fucking around, likely assuming “hey we can drag our feet! We’re the team to beat. No one will possibly leave us! Right..? Right.”

Good bye shaq, good bye godwin. Been a helluva run!

Also not sure why the tb12 extension wasn’t done much sooner. Big fuck up.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

I agree with Boid. CG is undervalued by a lot of you, especially since he was out there pretty banged up.

LMAO Team Pterodactyl, to say he’s not worth the return on investment is laughable. Dude always shows up when he is in there.

Those 2019 numbers were in 14 games. He would have lead the league in most categories had he not had a hammy pull.

Allen Robinson is going to make bank and is not worth it. Golliday is not on Godwin’s level and JUJU brings too much headache.

Godwin is a gritty team first WR that doesn’t cause drama and already said he would take less to stay with Tampa.

Some of y’all need to put down the Madden controller

• buc-in-out

Participant

LAR just re-signed Bobby Woods and Cooper Kupp to matching $14 million/year deals, and they’re in cap hell cuz of Ramsey and Donald’s behemoth contracts, plus huge dead money due to cutting Gurley and trading Goff.

That’s the last team that will pay up for Godwin, although he’d be a good fit with what they like to do on offense.

• JC5100

Participant

You can give him a market value contract that hits guaranteed money thresholds and still keep his cap value below $10M in 2021.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Per ESPN:

That is if it isn’t pushed back [franchise tag window], which reportedly could happen. Thanks to the ongoing and lengthy salary cap discussions between the NFL and the NFLPA, the former is considering pushing back the tag deadline this offseason — per Ian Rapoport of NFL Network — to allow time for coming to terms on a final cap figure. Without that in hand, teams remain somewhat handicapped in any negotiations that might be ongoing, and that will most certainly be an issue if it’s not resolved by the time legal tampering begins on March 15.

• Boid Fink

Participant

The overall lowering of the cap is obviously a kink in all negotiations. The agents are pretending like this is a temporary issue and their clients are entitled to pre-covid money. The cap will climb back to typical inflation changes (no pandemic).

The teams are saying they have other players to pay already, and their money is hampered, and obviously the agents do not care.

This is going to be a very peculiar dynamic between these two opposing elements. Agents and owners have had a push/pull relationship forever but will the economic metrics affect the ability of agents to understand this situation, or will the owners just collectively lowball everyone during this recession/depression?

Glazers don’t like to convert salary to bonus, very often. Doesn’t seem to be their style. But if a lot of players but in to getting their money now, this cap issue is an easy fix. But it’s up to the Glazers to buy in to the team winning again. Do they have that in them?

• Wutt

Participant

You won’t see anything happen until they extend Brady to be able to free up some money. Nothing to see here.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

The more I think about it the more confident I am of a evans, brown, miller & Johnson WR tandem.

Arguably still top 5 in the league.

Let godwin walk. Dudes overrated AF anyway

See: playoff drops. Not clutch either.

Pff had him as the #2 WR in 2019. Lawl.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Off topic: thank you for dropping the up/downvotes! Best thing PR has ever done tbh lol.

This aint no twitter instagram or YouTube!

• buc_boi

Participant

I disagree

Very entertaining watching grown men get upset over a down vote.

Very entertaining

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Luckily pr doesn’t care what you think!!

Mwhaha!

• buc_boi

Participant

I see why so many here make fun of you.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Oh noes. Strangers on message boards make fun of me?! Woe is me. How will I sleep at night?!

Im like brady. The haters fuel me.

• obuc

Participant

From what I understand without knowing what the salary cap actually is, they will be moving the franchise tag deadline back, so we probably have more time.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Godwin is overrated? AF?

Dude…you’re stepping into Java-Esque trolling stage. It lends me to believe you haven’t watched that many games.

Lawlz.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Look who his qbs were.

Id love to see him do what robinson did with a qb like trubisky/foles

Plus hes only faced #2 and #3 CBs.
        No, godwin isn’t a top 10 WR.

Your homerism is showing, again.

Clearly you didnt watch many bucs playoff games this year. Did he even play? Lawl.

• Roy

Participant

I hope that they can use the extended deadline to get a deal done with Godwin, and thereby have the tag applied to Succop. Succop would earn about $4.7 mil with the tag. He pushed his value way up by showing that he was money in the playoffs. He didn’t have to hit a game winner in the playoffs, but still he didn’t show any sign of nerves all year. How much is it worth to know that your kicker won’t pull a choke job in the playoffs? He’s well worth that $4.7 mil, and if he’s going to shop around he’s going to be tougher to resign than people think. He knows its a business and as soon as he hits a cold streak he’ll be put out on the street. This is his chance to cash in, and I fully expect he’ll do that. Godwin is the priority, but we need to get him a long term deal anyway. So get it done. With Succop its not critical to get a long term deal, but it is critical to have him on the team for a Superbowl repeat run. Tag him.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

Debucsown… your post really do make you seem you either don’t pay attention or purposely leave out logical details in your post.

Let’s put on our investigator hats and think why one of the most reliable handed receivers in the league started dropping passing.

Hmmm perhaps he forgot how to catch?

Lost confidence and became poor at an activity he has done since he was a child?

Broke and finger and had to have 2 pins put in… Ding ding ding 🛎

I can imagine why with takes like that, that you don’t like the downvote feature

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lol.

Godwin is literally the 3rd most talented WR from the 2020 team.

Yall acting like hes jerry fucking rice.

Gtfo.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Lol @ 3rd most talented.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Dude, you’re being a troll and sound really noobish and like a supreme casual.

Just…who do you think you are fooking fooling here with that insanely stupid isht you are peppering everywhere? Did you’re wife leave you? Your kids don’t want to hang with you? Or did you get a D on an Earth Science test? Because it sure seems middle schooling to me.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lol?

Making things personal huh?

Must be another butt hurt trump supporter. Hehe.

Stay classy, Boid.

• buc_boi

Participant

All your credibility lost in one post, keep your stupidity down in the cove with all the other weirdos.

@Mark
        cook, are you going to enforce your own rules? No politics on the red board, right?

Also, please bring back the up/down votes, thank you.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lol @ rules.

Too funny.

This is PR not Facebook.

We can say what what we want, when we want.

Trump sucks! Mwhaha.

• kenntak

Participant

Cut out the politics on the general board. This is a place where we can talk football without being inundated with mindless political drivel.

• Greattimes

Participant

Most players who get tagged get tagged the last 2 days of tagging season. Just look at the number of players tagged in the last 24 hours.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Most players who get tagged get tagged the last 2 days of tagging season. Just look at the number of players tagged in the last 24 hours.

Correct. Dr. Debucsown eats it again, as Tampa has informed Godwin he will be tagged – per Schefter.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Gladly will eat crow on this one.

Glad hes back, at least for 1 year.

Let’s see if he can stay healthy & actually perform in the playoffs!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Debucs…you aren’t glad. You were being a troll and not sure why?

Your points and lack of knowledge is startling. For a guy who claims to be a diehard.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

Dang Biggs, I was coming here to bump this.

LOL @ Godwin being the third best WR on the team.

Turns out the sky isn’t falling. Glad to have CG back at what at the bear minimum is a fair value.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

3rd most talented i said.

You really think godwin is more talented then brown or evans? I do not.

Obviously time is on godwins side compared to AB.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Godwin passed AB IMO two seasons ago.

AB may return to form though as he was heating up at the tail end of the season. If AB is mentally 100% there I have no doubt he can become the best in the game again.

Build the trenches!

• RHBucsFan

Participant

If AB returns and I think he will, this WR trio is going to wreck the opposing secondaries next season. Can you imagine how good they’ll look with some familiarity with Brady? Look out!!

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

Well that didn’t age well.

• Boid Fink

Participant

DeBucs has become some angry troll who posts gibberish just to argue, and then he loses and retracts his nonsense.

Dude is off his rocker. Seriously…you may be suffering from some personal crap, and I hope whatever it is it stabilizes for you.

Arguing to argue and pigeonholing yourself with wild takes is odd because the Bucs just won a title and the points he is trying to glean are worthless. Surprising.

• RudeGuy

Participant

Does this mean DeBucsown is not getting a brain from the Wizard again this year?

• seekpar

Participant

Another incredible call by the OP. SMH

• Boid Fink

Participant

Lol! What happened to DeBucs?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Ha I’m not the type to run & hide when I’m wrong.

Yep, i was wrong about the evans injury.

Yep, i was wrong about godwin franchise.

Glad i was wrong about both, mind you.

My buddies & I have a joke “chuck d effect”(my name)

Whatever I say/predict, the opposite happens. All in good fun.

Will be interesting to see if we can somehow afford suh, barrett, succop.

Can’t afford any of the 3 til restructures/extensions.

Brady, Smith, Jensen hopefully all restructure and or extend.

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.