Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Mine is Hassan Reddick.

Only if we lose Shaq, tho.

Has underachieved but has shaq upside for a fraction of the cost.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by DEBUCSOWN.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He is no Shaq. He doesn’t have Shaqs upside either.

This would set the defense back.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

No question.

Gotta think of the offense & other positions as well, tho.

I want shaq back. Would i lose shaq to ensure godwin lvd & succop are back? Absolutely.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I disagree he doesn’t have shaq upside, however.

How old is Reddick? Off the top of my head, younger then shaq was before he became a full time starter.

Hassan would be a beast playing next to suh + vea.

• Pennywise

Participant

I think David is gone, Good chance Suh is too

• Boid Fink

Participant

Reddick is no replacement for Shaq at all. He is a 230lb linebacker who can’t set an edge, can’t take on tackles like Shaq…just hell no. Sending that guy in as a replacement for an elite defensive end/linebacker hybrid is a disaster. You red an end, not a pure linebacker like Hassan is generally billed as.

Just not a plan to replace Shaq at all, really.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Curious who would you replace shaq with then?

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

The #32 pick in the draft, that’s who. This draft is top heavy with edge rushers and one of them is certain to be available at #32

And even if you are able to keep Shaq, I still think they go edge rusher at 32. Reason being, JPP is going to be 33 next year and a UFA. Time to start grooming his replacement.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by BuccaNOLEer.
        • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by BuccaNOLEer.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I have already said there isn’t a single replacement player that is close to being as good as Shaq. Said it in the thread I made a few days ago. Reddick is a linebacker, not a edge defender, so that plan is just to replace David maybe. But I cannot imagine his price tag will be too far from what David will be asking for, so you keep David, find out how to sign Shaq, and say goodbye to AB and Suh, maybe even Gronk. Those guys are easier replaced.

• JC5100

Participant

You speak as of him like he was a top 5 pick with 50 career sacks before coming here.

Leonard Floyd on a 1 year deal or Derek Barnett (trade) could do what he does, probably better.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Look at his two seasons sack total as a starter, and his pressures as well.

Now tell me whose wrong? Who is going to replace that force in the defense?

Stop arguing to pretend you’re hip to some hidden knowledge. This is a no brainer.

• JC5100

Participant

Contract year explosion is not “hidden knowledge”.

Do you not remember when Marcus Jones had 13 sacks in his contract year. That was his first year as starter also. Or it doesn’t count?

• Boid Fink

Participant

JC5100, you always bring out the contract year anomalies. Marcus Jones was a loooing time ago. And your other small sample sizes don’t faZe me because I e seen Shaq play ball, and he isn’t a contract year guy. He’s a football player who gets along with his teammates. His pressure numbers are outrageous. His sack totals for two years, has been impressive. His film is undeniable.

It isn’t a big deal in regards to Shaq B, get real and stop posting noobish repetitive anomalous stats from decades ago.

• JC5100

Participant

Marcus Jones being a long time ago solidifies the data. Dante Fowler was just this year. 5 sacks per year in his 3 non-contract seasons. 11.5 sacks in his contract year. Signs a 3 year, $45M contract with $29M guaranteed and goes back to 3 sacks. In between you had Albert Haynesworth, Ray Edwards, Michael Johnson and some others I forget off the top of my head.

Fred Taylor, Brandon Marshall, Channing Crowder and Chad Johnson were just talking about this on I Am Athlete. Players openly talk about it in the locker room.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by JC5100.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Shaq is the most important player we need to bring back. He’s irreplaceable.

• The Freeman

Participant

give me trey hendrickson if shaq sign elsewhere

• JC5100

Participant

Trey Hendrickson non contract years: 2.2 sacks per year
        Trey Hendrickson contract year: 13.5 sacks

This is a HARD no unless you’re putting him on a 1 year deal.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Hendrickson is going to get a good amount of coin as well.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Shaq and Vea could be the perfect Match for years to come you take care of players like that. As for Shaq he finally got the chance and didn’t disappoint guy is all you can ask for rushing the edge and protecting against the run. Draft a replacement for Godwin and JPP.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I think Shaq and David are both important for our d if we are gonna have a shot at a repeat. I dont think we win the super bowl without those two. Godwin is important as well but I think he is the easiest to replace.

• Bucman

Participant

Justin Houston

• Boid Fink

Participant

Justin Houston? A solid plan C.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Aside from Reddick id love Robinson or Golloday. Not quite cg14 good but will be slightly less expensive.

I’d prefer cg14 personally, not sure why he wasn’t franchised. Not too thrilled atm. Or at least shaq. Would’ve been too much $ but sure Would’ve beat losing them both.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Robinson money <> Godwin money.

Tag Godwin, and forget about it this year.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

If only.

27 hours left. Tik tok(pun intended)

• Gareth

Participant

Jamaal Williams need a back that doesn’t have cinder blocks for hands and can pick up a blitz.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I agree with this.

Need a vet RB.

Build the trenches!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.