Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• Buccaholic

Participant

Bucs, Hillsborough County near deal for $100M Raymond James Stadium renovation http://t.co/Rkxuy82ccT via @TB_Times

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Bucs, Hillsborough County near deal for $100M Raymond James Stadium renovation http://t.co/Rkxuy82ccT via @TB_Times

they cannot move the team for the next ten years, even if they wanted to.they can however, sell it at any time....but the team still stays here for another decade.  that's irrevocable...as it was wrapped up into the "community investment tax" that was ratified by the florida legislature, voted for by the voters of Hillsborough county, and agreed to by the glazers and the TSA...covered by the proceeds of a bond sale.  other than the packers......at least for the next decade.....we have the second best deal in the nfl......this team on lock-down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The cost to build the entire stadium was $168.5 mil. Goes to show how much construction cost has gone up over the years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a bad deal considering the glazers didnt contribute to the original cost of RJS

Please wait…

• vlagatta

The cost to build the entire stadium was $168.5 mil. Goes to show how much construction cost has gone up over the years.

indeed.  I mentioned it here before, but the original cost was much more.....and the TSA and the Glazers were at a big impasse during the negotiations. Al Davis actually saved the deal...when he mentioned that the costs of the stadium would be much less expensive if they simply did not build-out one of the end zones...and for the time being...build a park there instead. Thus the pirate ship....and the deal going through.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Not a bad deal considering the glazers didnt contribute to the original cost of RJS

...and yet they still collected non-buc revenues from other activities, shows, games, etc....in that stadium.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

indeed.  I mentioned it here before, but the original cost was much more.....and the TSA and the Glazers were at a big impasse during the negotiations. Al Davis actually saved the deal...when he mentioned that the costs of the stadium would be much less expensive if they simply did not build-out one of the end zones...and for the time being...build a park there instead. Thus the pirate ship....and the deal going through.

I believe at one stage the plans for the stadium included stand alone end zone seating, with the corners open.  I don't know how far along those plans were, or how serious they were considered but I remember seeing those mock ups.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I think the rams are a shoe in for LA. That owner has land there to build a staduim already.Its hard to see it not happening.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IF the Bucs don’t move to LA then what everyone should be worried about is them being sold to and then moved to one of the cities that loses their franchise to LA……after a couple of years without a team, cities start doing anything they can to get one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was never worried about LA. If this team moves it’s going overseas…

Please wait…

• vlagatta

IF the Bucs don't move to LA then what everyone should be worried about is them being sold to and then moved to one of the cities that loses their franchise to LA......after a couple of years without a team, cities start doing anything they can to get one.

repeating......the bucs cannot move anywhere for ten more years......even if they sell the team, the team has to stay here ten more years.......

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With regard to future openings, e.g. St. Louis.Tampa's the 19th biggest media market in the league, and 17th by population. The NFL doesn't want teams moving out of markets like that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think if the bucs do end up moving anywhere I’d lose some of the love for team.. And probably force myself to root for the home town team… NYJ or NYG bummer

Please wait…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.