Viewing 6 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

The Buccaneers signed Louis Murphy last March to help bolster their wide receiver position, and the St. Petersburg native is happy to be back home in the Tampa Bay area. Murphy says his versatility is one of the strengths he brings to the Bucs. https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9858

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like his veteran presence in that room with Evan and Herron. He’s never put up huge numbers, but he’s stuck around in the NFL so he’s obviously picked stuff up along the way. I’m glad he’s here and I hope he gets the chance to do some good things this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not ever an NFL superstar, but a veteran who will help us. Definite upgrade over Underwood, even last-year’s Williams… I could see him starting until Mike Evans gets his NFL feet under him. Which likely won't be long... ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe he’ll end up playing an Ike Hilliard-type role for us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe he'll end up playing an Ike Hilliard-type role for us.

I sure hope not, not to knock Ike, but Murphy still has some wheels and plays much faster than Ike did. One thing I noticed during camp watching him, is he runs through the throw if that makes sense. On deep balls he does a great job of running to where the ball is and waits until the last second to haul in the pass. A lot of guys tend to reach up too soon, and it slows them down a touch and the ball sails just off their fingertips. Again hope that makes sense. Of course much of that is QB accuracy also, but a guy who doesn't throw his hands up too soon when running full speed can also help is QB out. I was not impressed initially when he was signed as a FA, but seeing him in person has changed my thoughts. Could surprise a lot of people.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MC, guys reaching out way before the ball is anywhere near catcheable makes me CRAZY. So many plays, the reacher is just a step or 2 away from the catch. If he’d kept his arms DOWN he’d have got there for sure. I see it all the time. Interesting point on Murph; not seen enough of him to notice that aspect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe he'll end up playing an Ike Hilliard-type role for us.

I sure hope not, not to knock Ike, but Murphy still has some wheels and plays much faster than Ike did. One thing I noticed during camp watching him, is he runs through the throw if that makes sense. On deep balls he does a great job of running to where the ball is and waits until the last second to haul in the pass. A lot of guys tend to reach up too soon, and it slows them down a touch and the ball sails just off their fingertips. Again hope that makes sense. Of course much of that is QB accuracy also, but a guy who doesn't throw his hands up too soon when running full speed can also help is QB out. I was not impressed initially when he was signed as a FA, but seeing him in person has changed my thoughts. Could surprise a lot of people.

I think he was referring to the fact that ike was money on third downs?Speed, etc would just be a bonus.

Please wait…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.