Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• Capt Kidd

Participant

Texans hired him as DC. I was really hoping he’d come to an NFC South team! 🤣

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Capt Kidd.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

He honestly is the worst Bucs coach I’ve ever seen. My era goes back to Wyche.

Completely stubborn, will not adapt to personnel, acts like he’s above reproach and is condescending to anyone that questions him. We were like 1-9 and he was trying to convince us we were a good team.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by RHBucsFan.
      • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by RHBucsFan.

• RayJayinTBay

Participant

Agree 100%. The guy got canned at Illinois for a team that performed horribly during his entire tenure. How could Culley hire this guy? No one must’ve wanted that job. Only thing that I can rationalize.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by RayJayinTBay.

• DCGoth

Participant

My time following the Bucs dates back to the Inaugural Season. (Remember the initial flip-flip: NFC / AFC / NFC?)

I can’t say he was good here; however, imho, Koetter was the worst, with Morris not too far behind. Neither should have even been a as n HC. They couldn’t handle the dynamic of an entire team. They were both best suited, and quite proficient, as coordinators, where they could limit their focus to one due of the ball.

That said, I am eternally grateful that Chip Kelly never landed here. 😎

I’d rather have a beer bottle in front of me than a pre-frontal lobotomy.

• bucshot420

Participant

He was definitely the anti-Dungy as it pertained to head coaches. Lovie I don’t think was ever an innovator. As stubborn and stoic as both Dungy and Lovie were, at least once Dungy got to Indy he allowed the team to lean on the offense for a change. In Chicago Lovie was good, but that was right around the time the rest of the league figured out the Tampa 2. After coming back from his basement to coach the Bucs he never developed the scheme further and I feel that was his downfall. He never changed his game be it offense or defense from what was taking place in the league in the mid 90s. Surprised he didn’t call it a career after Illinois. Let this sink in for a second, Ron Zook had a better record at Illinois than Lovie did.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Tampa 2 was created specifically to stop the West Coast offense which is used very rarely in today’s league. He was very stubborn, very condescending, and would kill any momentum the players had. We are lucky the Glazers fired him after only two seasons.

• SunnyD

Participant

Cal McNair is deeply religious, his preacher man football exec Jack Easterby whispers into his ears and forces the hire of his yes man buddy GM who hires deeply religious Culley who hires deeply religious Lovie Smith.

Lovie is back because he is a god fearing Christian man not because of his football acumen.

I will never forget PR’s story about Lovie coming into the locker room and getting pissy because the players were listening to music that was loud and had too many curse words.

• Soul Bro

Participant

Watson and any player who wants to win should ask out of Houston at this point. What a series of bad hires and decisions.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Damn he was frustrating huh? Remember thinking that possibly Schiano was a better hc during his time. That’s pretty bad.

• Charles

Participant

Lovie was trash. He had all his family and buddies stealing the Glazers money.

How he got a job is beyond me. He’s a dinosaur retread that can no longer coach.

Texans will be bottom 5 in defense next year. Book it.

• freddy

Participant

Anyone claiming to be a fan since inception and not mentioning Richard Williamson or Leeman Bennet as the worst Bucs HCs, well, they have a pretty bad memory.

• RudeGuy

Participant

Well I’m sure his sons will also have jobs again. LOL

• bucshot420

Participant

Don’t forget Ray Perkins Freddy. Ray was just a dick, and authoritarian, and his 3 a days were a joke. Really given ownerships cheapskate nature at the time it wouldn’t matter who the coach was. Thinking back to how bad Hugh was with opening the wallet, Sam Wyche really worked with what little he was given. He was the start of the culture change.

• freddy

Participant

Agreed. I didn’t list him because he actually knew his X’s and O’s and had a good football mind. He just didn’t have a clue how to treat men and like you said, was a total dick.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

This was during his time at Chicago, but basically the same while here. Zero accountability.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.