Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 27 reply threads

• Author

• KCBuc

Participant

Rumor has it Monte may get run in Dallas….

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would rather have Marinelli.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No thanks to Kiffin

• Anonymous

Inactive

Monte’s time is done. And he burned his bridge here in Week 13 2008.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Might as well bring back Sapp while we’re at it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No to Kiffin.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why, because Marinelli has proven himself to be a Defensive genius?If you have a chance to go to the source, you go to the source. I'm all for Marinelli as an assistant though!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why would anyone want Monte as a DC at this point? All it seems everyone wants is Gruden/Lovie/Monte/Dungy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Monte belongs in ring of honor, no changing my mind on this. But I don’t think he should comeback. All respect, but it’s a no. Perhaps in some other role, a scout, admin, assistant or something… but not as a dc

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope. Haven’t forgiven him for 2009.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for the good times but…. Hell no to Monte.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seriously, do people have no imagination?Everyone seems so focused on bringing people back from the past.There are other people out there that have never worked for the Bucs you know.Monte Kiffin? Have you not seen the results his defenses have had since he quit the Bucs?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope. Haven't forgiven him for 2009.

2009 was probably the last time he ran a defense that stopped anybody.

• Anonymous

Inactive

NO thanks and per numerous reports and Jay Glazer he’s done. I’ll take Marinelli though as DC!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seriously, do people have no imagination?Everyone seems so focused on bringing people back from the past.There are other people out there that have never worked for the Bucs you know.Monte Kiffin? Have you not seen the results his defenses have had since he quit the Bucs?

What college and one year in Dallas with personnel that don't fit his scheme?It isn't lack of imagination, it's the fact that the next HC is more than likely a Monte disciple and someone who will implement his defensive schemes. Why wouldn't you want the guru if that's the case?

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's karma for ya.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The error in 2009 was that he turned the defense over to Raheem for the last 4 games.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What college and one year in Dallas with personnel that don't fit his scheme?It isn't lack of imagination, it's the fact that the next HC is more than likely a Monte disciple and someone who will implement his defensive schemes. Why wouldn't you want the guru if that's the case?

I wouldn't want the guru because this is an offensive league.We're looking at people on the defensive side that made their names over a decade ago and expecting that to work now in a league where there seems to be multiple 5000 yard passers every year and offensive records are tumbling aon seemingly a weekly basis.We need offense not some out dated defensive mind.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The error in 2009 was that he turned the defense over to Raheem for the last 4 games.

Who has he been turning it over to between 2009 and now? His defenses haven't been able to stop a runny nose.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, stopped the Buccaneers cold that season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kiffin is a nobody without those 3 potential HOFers he had.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would rather have Marinelli.

+1. Monte needs to retire. His time as an excellent DC is over.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed.  The Tampa 2 is dead.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I feel the same way about Kiffin as I do about Marty Schottenheimer- in their days there were none better, but their days have passed.  They both left legacies that the younger guys will try to mimic.  They both left the NFL better than they found it.  Both are amazing football minds, but both are also in their 70s and I’m not sure would have the stamina to coach at the NFL level.  They should both be playing golf and making fun of all the younger guys trying to be like them.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Monte is washed up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I used to love Monte, but after what he did to Gruden and the Bus at the end of 2008…he can kiss my posterior. The man shut it down when we were 9-3 and looking ripe for the playoffs. Even Brooks commented how the open door coach closed his door during the final 4 games and didn’t put in the work he used to. That should say something. We haven’t been a serious playoff contender since that dreaded off-season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No to Monte.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Monte is washed up.

+1.  Don’t hold any grudges against him like apparently a lot of you do but he’s older than dirt.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.