Viewing 42 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

This is a bad sign.Trading away a young productive WR for a 6th and all this talk about a power running game the last few weeks lead by McCown doesn't bode well for the Bucs. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The defense will kick much azz.The offense will smell like much azz.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The defense will kick much azz.The offense will smell like much azz.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winning is bad, OK

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winning is bad, OK

Haven't won yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winning is bad, OK

Cool story bro.  Ground and pound is how we are going to roll Schiano style except without the retarded defensive scheme.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defensive wins games and championships….A damn good defense and a average offensive usually wins at the end of the day....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winning is bad, OK

Haven't won yet.

Yup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a bad sign.Trading away a young productive WR for a 6th and all this talk about a power running game the last few weeks lead by McCown doesn't bode well for the Bucs.

There is probably a lot to this story we don't know about and won't know....Mike had his demons....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But he said he learned from that year off, he said he understands offense is a needed aspect of a team. He said …. YAAAAAWN, welcome back Tony Dungy disciple. We look forward to having a top 5 defense, and a bottom 5 offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now you’re just trolling.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winning is bad, OK

Haven't won yet.

Hasn't fielded a bad offense yet.  History says he wins

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winning is bad, OK

Haven't won yet.

Hasn't fielded a bad offense yet.  History says he wins

He'll win games no question about it, but history also says he'll miss the playoffs more often then not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tedford and Lovie have done interviews the last few weeks where they have indicated the ground game is a integral part of what they will do.  So yeah I am not full of confidence that they understand the NFL is a passing league now…Schiano/Ryan ground and pound is here to stay.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All Dungy, I mean Lovie, needs is a Mike Alstott. He has his Dunn (Martin), and Dilfer (McCown).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All Dungy, I mean Lovie, needs is a Mike Alstott. He has his Dunn (Martin), and Dilfer (McCown).

McCown is a better version of Dilfer with some mobility/better decision making.  Martin does have the small stature and is underestimated in terms of power between the tackles like Dunn.  But I think James is the guy with forward lean like Alstott.  Rainey will be the Stecker or utility do it all guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is a better version of Dilfer with some mobility/better decision making.  Martin does have the small stature and is underestimated in terms of power between the tackles like Dunn.  But I think James is the guy with forward lean like Alstott.  Rainey will be the Stecker or utility do it all guy.

VJAX = slow but productive receiver (Key)Murphy = athletic Florida receiver who hasn't panned out (pick one, there were plenty)We are the 2000 Bucs, except without a defense full of hall of famers

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

VJAX = slow but productive receiver (Key)Murphy = athletic Florida receiver who hasn't panned out (pick one, there were plenty)We are the 2000 Bucs, except without a defense full of hall of famers

Pretty much.The model is clear that they are committing to a ground and pound strategy on offense.  Most NFL teams don't throw away a productive #2 for peanuts....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

quite possible, now we just have to hope our #2 wr is not a Reidel Anthony or Jacquez Green

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haha, I might have to retract my "Reidel Anthony/Jacquez Green" comment....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys are making huge stretches comparing what we have to the Superbowl team. You do realize that the superbowl team was ranked 21st in the NFL at just over 290 yards a game? Doesn’t that say something? We are a much less talented team than that and they were overall very bad on offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not sure i was going Superbowl team BucNY, I was comparing Lovie to 98-2000 Dungy, where Dilfer, Alstott, Dunn, Anthony, Green, Dave Moore and Bert Emanuel were the “offense”. and Michael Hustad/Martin Gramatica were our leading point scorers by a large marginin 98 they had 160yds per game avgin 99 they had 150 yds per game avgNot world beaters by any means.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tedford and Lovie have done interviews the last few weeks where they have indicated the ground game is a integral part of what they will do.  So yeah I am not full of confidence that they understand the NFL is a passing league now...Schiano/Ryan ground and pound is here to stay.

Kinda like when Tedford was at Cal and the ground games was an integral part of what they did with Justin Forsett getting over 300 carries for 1500+ yards but 3 receivers had over 650 yards and 4 recievers had over 11.5 yards per catch and Desean Jackson was a feared WR?Or like when Tedford was at Cal and they ran the ball 484 times for and had 25 rushing TDs, but Keenan Allen caught the ball 98 times all over the field  for 1300+ yards and Marvin Jones caught the ball 62 times for 846 yards?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty much.The model is clear that they are committing to a ground and pound strategy on offense.  Most NFL teams don't throw away a productive #2 for peanuts....

DeSean Jackson on line 1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys are making huge stretches comparing what we have to the Superbowl team. You do realize that the superbowl team was ranked 21st in the NFL at just over 290 yards a game? Doesn't that say something? We are a much less talented team than that and they were overall very bad on offense.

Did I miss something? Did we lose a game yesterday?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mw had to go eventually, but I would’ve like them to be more prepared. Meaning, have viable replacement.Hopefully we can draft jff anyway, but wideout just became a position of need.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But he said he learned from that year off, he said he understands offense is a needed aspect of a team. He said .... YAAAAAWN, welcome back Tony Dungy disciple. We look forward to having a top 5 defense, and a bottom 5 offense.

That pretty much sums it up ...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

c09.jpgWow. Much negative. Such unsure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WE’RE GOING TO SCORE TOUCHDOWNS!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep professional NFL coaches and GMs have NO IDEA that passing is prevalent in the NFL today. Maybe you should drop them a pony express message.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

they just have to execute better

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McKay was in favor of execution

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has a history of winning    IMHO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I doubt lovie will even stick his hand into offense other than mccown.Playcalls, starters, system, etc will all most likely be dictated by tedford.But yeah, he's a damn good defensive coach, but his record with offense isn't great. Judging his drafts, it's not like he never tried to fix it though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep professional NFL coaches and GMs have NO IDEA that passing is prevalent in the NFL today. Maybe you should drop them a pony express message.

Schiano got fired son.Lovie isn't far behind.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well they had a pretty solid O-line for most of Lovies tenure in Chicago. Had some problems at OT towards the end, but overall the OL was a strength while Lovie was there.They traded for Jay Cutler and brought in Brandon Marshal. Drafted Greg Olson, Alshon Jeffery, Matte Forte, and Johnny Knox. I'd say there was plenty of success at putting a good offense together. There just wasn't always a good job done at coordinating that offense and getting everyone to execute well. I trust L&L to put together the talent to succeed.....hopefully Tedford can do his job.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano got fired son.Lovie isn't far behind.

Lmao that's the dumbest thing I've read of here in a long time. That means a lot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interior wasn’t good it wasn’t just as big of a problem like the OT’s.  That is why Cutler was sacked so much.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interior wasn't good it wasn't just as big of a problem like the OT's.  That is why Cutler was sacked so much.

Olin Kreutz and Roberto Garza made up 2/3 of the interior for most of Lovie's tenure. Are you suggesting they aren't good?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope Tedford is an offensive genius

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we all do.Although I would settle for him being the QB guru he is suppose to be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just hope that Tedford, Lovie, and Licht are all on the same page regarding what types of offensive players fit the scheme they are going to run.  Would Evans fit Tedford’s vision, or would a quicker player like Cooks or Beckham be more effective?  Which O-linemen fit what they want to run? As long as everyone is on the same page, the draft should go well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interior wasn't good it wasn't just as big of a problem like the OT's.  That is why Cutler was sacked so much.

Olin Kreutz and Roberto Garza made up 2/3 of the interior for most of Lovie's tenure. Are you suggesting they aren't good?

They were not as good as many believe yes.

Please wait…

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.