Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• ep666ep

Participant

I can not imagine a team actually tanking on purpose.Schiano guy out, Lovie guy in 1-15=on purposeAnyone else sick of Lovie replacing guys with players of equal or lesser value?Herron and sheppard are tearing it up, good thing we got rid Owusu and Page.Anyone wonder why a guy drafted all offensive weapons?  Seems like with this team best guy on the board would be the best way to go.5 million for McCown is a joke, is that the most he ever made? at the end of his carreer, why?

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

I can not imagine a team actually tanking on purpose.

There's your first problem.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A bunch of guys who are looking for their next contract and who probably will not be Bucs next year anyway …are going to secretly agree to put bad film out there … for the Bucs?Makes sense. I mean, when Glennon was at the helm he was definitely tanking so the Bucs could replace him ;-)

Please wait…

• captainduwayne

Participant

I agree but a overpaid veteran QB at the end of his career and a coach working together could make it happen, that being said I don’t believe they would do it.  If they do go 1 and 15 then I will believe it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah it happens. Morris sent Gruden guys packing, Schiano sent Morris guys packing and now Lovie sent Schiano guys packing. All the while we lost guys here and there that could have helped this team win. The problem is we haven’t had a coach yet who could just keep talented players around and figure out how to use them. Lovie Smith has been the worst example of this so far. It's also why we HAVE TO STOP firing coaches ever two years. It just doesn't work to build a roster with talent. I dislike Lovie as much as any coach that has ever coached in Tampa but he has to stay and he has to stay for the duration of his contract. We're stuck with him now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So under the Glazers we have had the following head coaches:Sam Wyche - hard-nosed, toes on the line, is not a players coachTony Dungy - happy-go-loving, care-free, is a players coachJon Gruden - hard-nosed, toes on the line, is not a players coachRaheem Morris - happy-go-loving, care-free, is a players coachGreg Schiano - hard-nosed, toes on the line, is not a players coachLovie Smith - happy-go-loving, care-free, is a players coachI guess, if and when the Glazers fire Lovie Smith, they'll be looking to continue the trend of finding a hard-nosed, toes on the line, is not a players coach.

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

So under the Glazers we have had the following head coaches:Sam Wyche - hard-nosed, toes on the line, is not a players coachTony Dungy - happy-go-loving, care-free, is a players coachJon Gruden - hard-nosed, toes on the line, is not a players coachRaheem Morris - happy-go-loving, care-free, is a players coachGreg Schiano - hard-nosed, toes on the line, is not a players coachLovie Smith - happy-go-loving, care-free, is a players coachI guess, if and when the Glazers fire Lovie Smith, they'll be looking to continue the trend of finding a hard-nosed, toes on the line, is not a players coach.

Gruden was a 50/50 mix of both.

Please wait…

• discipleboy2000

Participant

Gruden was a 50/50 mix of both.

so was schiano if you look at how he changed from year 1 compared to year 2...  read the thamel article

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When owusu and page start killing it for another team without a hof qb I will start listening to your rants.I liked page, but hes just JAG.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Page obsession is pretty funny by this guy . He’s got to be related .

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

A bunch of guys who are looking for their next contract and who probably will not be Bucs next year anyway ...are going to secretly agree to put bad film out there ... for the Bucs?Makes sense. I mean, when Glennon was at the helm he was definitely tanking so the Bucs could replace him ;-)

Yeah, when you look closely at the tape, it looks like they are all playing their hardest.........giving it their all.  Kind of like Heemies last year.  It only takes a couple of players to bail on the machine and the machine collapses.  It's real easy.Also, statistically we were a lot worse offensively with McCown at the helm and guess what...........HE"S BACK!!  As if getting beat like a narc at a biker rally the first go round with Atlanta, let's get him back in there just in time for round two.

Please wait…

• captainduwayne

Participant

No not related just a Toledo Rocket fan, and EP being from Toledo playing for Toledo and being the man there for three years make him the ultimate Rocket.  Whoever told him to come out of school early gave him bad advice,  being the guy with half NCAA receiving records compared to another guy who could have broke a bunch of records is a lot better on the resume."When owusu and page start killing it for another team without a hof qb I will start listening to your rants.I liked page, but hes just JAG."That's my point Lovie spent draft picks for JAG when he should have been building O line.  Not to mention giving McCown the biggest contract of his career instead of spending on quality free agents.  I have a feeling if Glennon was called starting QB at beginning of camp this year might be different.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

No not related just a Toledo Rocket fan, and EP being from Toledo playing for Toledo and being the man there for three years make him the ultimate Rocket.  Whoever told him to come out of school early gave him bad advice,  being the guy with half NCAA receiving records compared to another guy who could have broke a bunch of records is a lot better on the resume."When owusu and page start killing it for another team without a hof qb I will start listening to your rants.I liked page, but hes just JAG."That's my point Lovie spent draft picks for JAG when he should have been building O line.  Not to mention giving McCown the biggest contract of his career instead of spending on quality free agents.  I have a feeling if Glennon was called starting QB at beginning of camp this year might be different.

There is little doubt about the bolded.  They have screwed things up since the moment they arrived.  Think about that for a minute.  They have taken a shitty team and made it worse, almost impossible in the modern era of football with new experienced coaching blood.  Now we are already in "wait until next year mode" even though the moves made were for "win now".  Offensive philosophy has to change or we are never going to compete.  I dont see Tampa winning another game this year and the Glazers should be held accountable for that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually, Wyche was a players coach and was a team vs management kind of guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The players did not like Gruden either...he was two faced...

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

The players did not like Gruden either...he was two faced...

And a horrible personel guy.

Please wait…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.