Lovie Prefers Jameis Winston — For Now

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    rmslpn
    Participant

of course Lovie does, Winston is much further along as a  *QB*like who didn't know this? oh right, lol

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jay Cutler….now there is a game manager for youI can see what Lovie was trying to do in Chicago. He had a gunslinger QB and big down the field weapons at WR.I believe his plan will finally ome to fruition with Winston Evans and VJax all together. I believe in this plan and I believe in Lovie Smith. But a game manager is not in the plans.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    rmslpn
    Participant

NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks believes FSU QB Jameis Winston and Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter seem “like a match made in heaven.”"When you think about Dirk Koetter and who he has traditionally played with -- pocket quarterbacks," Brooks said on NFL AM Wednesday. "When I look at Tampa Bay, I try to connect the dots. It seems like a match made in heaven because Dirk Koetter knows how to play with those kinds of guys under center." Koetter, who coached with the Atlanta Falcons for three seasons, had success with Matt Ryan, who was a pocket passer. With Winston running something similar to what the Bucs run, he could be seen as Tampa's target at No.1

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    rmslpn
    Participant

I agree with Booger Booger [email protected]  7m7 minutes ago#Bucs will b active n FA again they wont trade #1 pick they will take Winston,only player worthy of going b4 Winston is Leonard Williams IMO

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with Booger Booger [email protected]  7m7 minutes ago#Bucs will b active n FA again they wont trade #1 pick they will take Winston,only player worthy of going b4 Winston is Leonard Williams IMO

Said the same last week...I don't think they'll be as quiet in FA as some are assuming they will be.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I love all the people making conditional statements on who we prefer, and I’ve seen this with both players. “I hear they like X, but that could change”. Yeah, great reporting there that basically says you got nothing and are throwing crap against the wall.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Said the same last week...I don't think they'll be as quiet in FA as some are assuming they will be.

big difference between being active, vs signing top available guys.  I certainly think we will be active, just not be after the top player available.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This franchise never lets it's true intentions out. Matter of fact this all but guarantees to me since this came out so early mariota is the pick.

Uh.... the Lovie talk was leaked literally months in advance. Same with basically all our free agency moves. The kid-Glazers are idiots.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

big difference between being active, vs signing top available guys.  I certainly think we will be active, just not be after the top player available.

For the most part, I'm in agreement...I'm just saying I suspect there will one headline-worthy signing amongst several "value" guys as well.If Randall Cobb is allowed to entertain offers then the Bucs should make a strong push for him. Consider the options of Cobb, Evans and VJax to a rookie QB....although that flies in the face of conventional Lovie Smith M.O., there would be few teams that could outscore the Bucs.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

For the most part, I'm in agreement...I'm just saying I suspect there will one headline-worthy signing amongst several "value" guys as well.If Randall Cobb is allowed to entertain offers then the Bucs should make a strong push for him. Consider the options of Cobb, Evans and VJax to a rookie QB....although that flies in the face of conventional Lovie Smith M.O., there would be few teams that could outscore the Bucs.

agree.  I don't see Cobb though.  I realize most guys are just about the Green, but I don't see him leaving rodgers and McCarthy for Lovie and glennon.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

agree.  I don't see Cobb though.  I realize most guys are just about the Green, but I don't see him leaving rodgers and McCarthy for Lovie and glennon.

I guess it depends on the sales pitch as well and the word last off-season was that players really want to play for Lovie (perhaps there's a religious slant involved there but surely nice weather and no state tax gotta come into play too).Not sure what Cobb's mindset would be at this point but any receiver could surely be sold on the Koetter style of attack and what it's done for guys like Roddy White and Julio Jones IMO.All speculative obviously but I could see how one could be more interested Florida than Wisconsin depending on their headspace.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I guess it depends on the sales pitch as well and the word last off-season was that players really want to play for Lovie (perhaps there’s a religious slant involved there but surely nice weather and no state tax gotta come into play too).Not sure what Cobb's mindset would be at this point but any receiver could surely be sold on the Koetter style of attack and what it's done for guys like Roddy White and Julio Jones IMO.All speculative obviously but I could see how one could be more interested Florida than Wisconsin depending on their headspace.

lovie was 2-14.  As for roddy, his stats have gone down since koetter got there.  Any pro bowl Qb can make use of jones.  Koetter was the beneficiary there imo, not the reason.If Cobb just wants money hes a possibility.  But then we are overpaying the market, and the guy has been hit and miss so far in his NFL career.  Sales pitch - we ain't gonna win many games and no more pro bowls for you...but look at as this cash for the next 2 years!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks believes FSU QB Jameis Winston and Tampa Bay Buccaneers' offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter seem "like a match made in heaven.""When you think about Dirk Koetter and who he has traditionally played with -- pocket quarterbacks," Brooks said on NFL AM Wednesday. "When I look at Tampa Bay, I try to connect the dots. It seems like a match made in heaven because Dirk Koetter knows how to play with those kinds of guys under center." Koetter, who coached with the Atlanta Falcons for three seasons, had success with Matt Ryan, who was a pocket passer. With Winston running something similar to what the Bucs run, he could be seen as Tampa's target at No.1

This is why you start the season with Glennon. It's a win win. If he takes off under the new system great. If not, bring in the rookie.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks believes FSU QB Jameis Winston and Tampa Bay Buccaneers' offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter seem "like a match made in heaven.""When you think about Dirk Koetter and who he has traditionally played with -- pocket quarterbacks," Brooks said on NFL AM Wednesday. "When I look at Tampa Bay, I try to connect the dots. It seems like a match made in heaven because Dirk Koetter knows how to play with those kinds of guys under center." Koetter, who coached with the Atlanta Falcons for three seasons, had success with Matt Ryan, who was a pocket passer. With Winston running something similar to what the Bucs run, he could be seen as Tampa's target at No.1

This is why you start the season with Glennon. It's a win win. If he takes off under the new system great. If not, bring in the rookie.

Agreed. I hope we do the same.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    mike25315
    Participant

If that is the case, what reasoning can there possibly be for drafting a QB at #1?  Lovie wants a "game manager".  No team should ever draft a "game manager" in the first round, let alone the #1 pick.  That kind of QB can be obtained in the 2nd or 3rd round... or even found on the roster.

Lovie's desire to have a "game manager" is exactly why I think he'll go DE/DT with the #1 pick. Or trade down in a deal that essentially shafts us in terms of compensation. And if he thinks that he has "that guy" on the roster already, the Glazers should just fire him now.

All that Lovie only wants a "game manager" talk is just plain ignorant. If that were true, why did Chicago trade for the gun slinger. Jay Cutler.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.