Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 13 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Three Drew Brees interceptions? Not enough for BucsGreg Auman, Times Staff WriterFriday, September 18, 2015 7:34pmthree_zpssvtm9rvo.jpgThe Bucs Bradley McDougald (30) intercepts a Saints Drew Brees pass during the Tampa Bay Buccaneers game against the Saints at Raymond James Stadium Sunday afternoon 12/28/2014. JIM DAMASKE | TimesSaints QB Drew Brees had three INTs against the Bucs in both meetings last season, but still managed to win those games against Tampa Bay.That's rare against most teams, but not against the Bucs last season — QBs with 3-plus INTs went 3-0 against Tampa Bay (Cincinnati's Andy Dalton also pulled it off), but against the rest of the NFL, they went just 3-18.As much as Lovie Smith values takeaways as being a huge part of winning, his Bucs teams haven't validated that. Last season, the Bucs went 1-4 when getting at least three takeaways — the rest of the NFL went 83-24 when doing so.Getting Brees to throw three INTs in a game is nothing easy — his two games against the Bucs last season are his only games with three INTs since the start of the 2013 season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s hard to win any games when your offense is putrid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve been watching the NFL for 55 years; history tells me teams that RELY on getting turnovers don’t usually end up being good teams. Of course it’s great when they happen in your favor.   And the same goes for SACKS, BTW. The truth is that football can bounce in mysterious ways, even when you think you're doing EVERYTHING right to get those turnovers and sacks....  If you're NOT fundamentally sound as a team, you're more likely to end up in the L column regardless of the turnover battle. This is what happens to the Bucs vs the Saints; we allow Brees to bring them back because of our deficencies, on offense AND defense...  Turnovers taken very much can be the difference when two fundamentally sound teams square off...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What drives me nuts is watching Buc defenders sacrificing good tackle technique for punching at the ball…start with good fundamentals and THEN be opportunistic if the situation presents itself. Forcing a team to punt can also be considered a turnover…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is right.  Bucs offense was putrid last year.The offense just needs to average 10 more points per game than last year and this team will win a lot more football games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What drives me nuts is watching Buc defenders sacrificing good tackle technique for punching at the ball...start with good fundamentals and THEN be opportunistic if the situation presents itself. Forcing a team to punt can also be considered a turnover...

EXACTLY!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Lovie…tackling, covering receivers, getting sacks, and generally not allowing teams to march up and down the filed are a huge part of winning

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Lovie...tackling, covering receivers, getting sacks, and generally not allowing teams to march up and down the filed are a huge part of winning

Logic and common sense are lost on Loser Lovie

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Lovie...tackling, covering receivers, getting sacks, and generally not allowing teams to march up and down the filed are a huge part of winning

I want to know why he's so far off from being as successful with his defense as kiff was.The lack of a de?Lack of Continuity?Too old of a system?Putting too much effort into takeaways?What exactly makes this defense stink in todays nfl?Me personally, i think they dont have enough line talent besides mccoy, and i think lovie is waay to predictable and shys from change.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want to know why he's so far off from being as successful with his defense as kiff was.The lack of a de?Lack of Continuity?Too old of a system?Putting too much effort into takeaways?What exactly makes this defense stink in todays nfl?Me personally, i think they dont have enough line talent besides mccoy, and i think lovie is waay to predictable and shys from change.

Lovie was a really good DC when he had players to fit the system and a superior system.Now that the cover two is antquated, he needs to throw in some wrinkles and have a good gameplan in order to win. He is not succeeding with that right now. His coaching abilities are in question, no doubt.But his defense was not all that bad in the last half of last year. The reason why his overall record sucks here is because of his mis-management of the OL, point blank. You need continuity on the OL and he completely blew it up. He may never recover from this one egregious error. It could completely end his coaching career if the OL does not get better in-season this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Players are never in position to make plays because they not disciplined to the scheme. When everybody free lances 8/10 times it’ll cost us. Only player we had who frequently free lanced and often was right about his gambles was Ronde Barber(film savvy) Everybody else stayed to the script so even when he was wrong on his guess, Lynch or somebody else was there to cover his mistakes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defense?  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!  This team plays no defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How can the last “Tank Game” even count as a true loss? C'mon Man!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Players are never in position to make plays because they not disciplined to the scheme. When everybody free lances 8/10 times it'll cost us. Only player we had who frequently free lanced and often was right about his gambles was Ronde Barber(film savvy) Everybody else stayed to the script so even when he was wrong on his guess, Lynch or somebody else was there to cover his mistakes.

Brooks used to get under Monte's skin as well, but Brooks had the speed and instincts to cover his gap and a couple others all at the same time. Very rarely did you see all of his mistakes on film because his instincts were right most of the time.

Please wait…

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.