Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 38 reply threads

• Author

• The Anomaly

Participant

Winston is rookie.What's Lovie excuse?  The team was completely unprepared.  That is unacceptable.  If we have any games like this late in the season.  You have to think about firing him.  He's washed up and will never be successful in this CURRENT NFL.  He's a dinosaur.  Extinct.The Glazers need to eat that salary.Lovie should be arrested for impersonating a head coach and grand theft for stealing the Glazers money.What a joke.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When your team is humiliated by a team with at best equal talent but most agree inferior talent, that is 100% on coaching.  This team is not prepared to play football plain and simple.  Lovie is the common link.  It’s so bad I actually missed the D-line charging in on a kneel down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When your team is humiliated by a team with at best equal talent but most agree inferior talent, that is 100% on coaching.  This team is not prepared to play football plain and simple.  Lovie is the common link.  It's so bad I actually missed the D-line charging in on a kneel down.

it’s funny you say thati was thinking wow i really miss those stunts

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When your team is humiliated by a team with at best equal talent but most agree inferior talent, that is 100% on coaching.  This team is not prepared to play football plain and simple.  Lovie is the common link.  It's so bad I actually missed the D-line charging in on a kneel down.

Giving him a 5 year contract was stupid.  Our owners suck.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

Lovie has a 4 year contract, with a 5th year option, at 5 million per

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Way too young on the Offense to expect anything different than what happened today VS Lebeau. But Lovie needs to step his game up.. I remember those Rams Defenses under him flying around. Duds should have done more to get Marinelli here, it may cost him his job.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Way too young on the Offense to expect anything different than what happened today VS Lebeau. But Lovie needs to step his game up.. I remember those Rams Defenses under him flying around. Duds should have done more to get here, it may cost him his job.

Enough with the Lebeau excuse crap.  System is nothing without players and TN simply does not have very good talent on the D. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I did not expect us to win but 42-14 at home against the worst team in football last year is a joke.I have been one of the few to support Lovie through it all but even I am starting to question.....how in the world did we just give this game away? Defensively, we were awful. We cant cover for two seconds and make Mariota stand in the pocket? Wow. We are much worse than I thought we were. Much, much worse. On the bright side, the No.1 overall pick is a lock.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is OFFICIALLY on the hot seat.I don't think he survives to next season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is OFFICIALLY on the hot seat.I don't think he survives to next season.

Unless he at least show he can be competitive the next two weeks, he may get fired over the bye.  Then again we are talking about the Glazers.

Please wait…

• mdclarie

Participant

Getting embarrassed at home by a non playoff team should put you on the hot seat.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where’s Garv?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where's Garv?

Probably still cheering that he has season tickets and guys like me who live out of state are “not really fans” like he is. Schidt pisses me off, which is why I ignore old farts like Garv. He is probably a tall, skinny drunk who likes to fight people in the bathroom about using the stalls to piss in so he can glimpse the donger.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston is rookie.What's Lovie excuse?  The team was completely unprepared.  That is unacceptable.  If we have any games like this late in the season.  You have to think about firing him.  He's washed up and will never be successful in this CURRENT NFL.  He's a dinosaur.  Extinct.The Glazers need to eat that salary.Lovie should be arrested for impersonating a head coach and grand theft for stealing the Glazers money.What a joke.

You are right, they did look unprepared. However, don't forget last season we lost our OC when he got sick and it did through things off. Not making excuses but call things how they are.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Way too young on the Offense to expect anything different than what happened today VS Lebeau. But Lovie needs to step his game up.. I remember those Rams Defenses under him flying around. Duds should have done more to get Marinelli here, it may cost him his job.

How does that explain giving up 35 pts in the first half?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

it's funny you say thati was thinking wow i really miss those stunts

Schiano's D did improve both years.  His last season's defense was ranked 8th in the NFL, Football Outsiders, Def. efficiency.Meanwhile, Lovie's defense keeps settting NFL records...in a bad way.  Today, it was First QB to throw 4 1st half TD's in his debut in NFL HISTORY.  Nicely done.  Something to be proud of.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most points given up in the opener in bucs history.Most Td passes by a rookie in a debut.  Lovie is futility incarnate.

Please wait…

• c.greene55

Participant

There’s no way that Lovie can survive another sub 4-12 record. No way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he has to go barring something that would appear near miraculous at this point, but we are quickly getting into Washington Redskin territory – where the lack of coaching stability starts strongly affecting the caliber of coaches that will consider the place. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

100% correct. "Not Tennessse ready?" Well, the man was not lying and the level of incompetence that entails to too high to keep him in Tampa another minute. After 2-14 we get THIS? St. Lovie taking over the defense and we see THAT? Continuity means constanly being unprepared and losing under St. Lovie Smith. He needs to go NOW!!!!!!

Please wait…

• c.greene55

Participant

I think he has to go barring something that would appear near miraculous at this point, but we are quickly getting into Washington Redskin territory - where the lack of coaching stability starts strongly affecting the caliber of coaches that will consider the place.

While I get that last point, keeping bad coaches does nothing for us either. I think most coaches will recognize that it's just the nature of the business so long as our coaches are actually underachieving or not performing to an acceptable standard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

100% correct. "Not Tennessse ready?" Well, the man was not lying and the level of incompetence that entails to too high to keep him in Tampa another minute. After 2-14 we get THIS? St. Lovie taking over the defense and we see THAT? Continuity means constanly being unprepared and losing under St. Lovie Smith. He needs to go NOW!!!!!!

Question though, is don't you eliminate a lot of quality potential HC's if they are "forced" to hitch their wagon to Winston?  When Lovie goes,(maybe this year),  you have to be able to say to the new HC he can trade Winston or at least make him a backup, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he has to go barring something that would appear near miraculous at this point, but we are quickly getting into Washington Redskin territory - where the lack of coaching stability starts strongly affecting the caliber of coaches that will consider the place.

While I get that last point, keeping bad coaches does nothing for us either. I think most coaches will recognize that it's just the nature of the business so long as our coaches are actually underachieving or not performing to an acceptable standard.

I'm not saying it's a reason to keep him, I'm describing reality.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Question though, is don't you eliminate a lot of quality potential HC's if they are "forced" to hitch their wagon to Winston?  When Lovie goes,(maybe this year),  you have to be able to say to the new HC he can trade Winston or at least make him a backup, right?

I think that for now Dick Koetter should get the job. He's hitched to Winston. I'm not ready to jettison Jameis yet, not after one game. It might seem desperate but isn't it more desperate to insist the continuity of constantly losing and being unprepared to play NFL football MORE desperate? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a great respect for your opinions,  what makes you feel that way?  Do you think the Redskins are/have been hampered in their hires?  Do you believe it is turn over that caused lesser options to be available?I maintain firing bad coaches in rapid succession has no, or next to no, affect on the pool of future coaching prospects. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think that for now Dick Koetter should get the job. He's hitched to Winston. I'm not ready to jettison Jameis yet, not after one game. It might seem desperate but isn't it more desperate to insist the continuity of constantly losing and being unprepared to play NFL football MORE desperate?

Ok. Koetter for now, I'm fine with giving him 15 games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let me ask you and respond honestly...if you have a coach go 2-14/3-13...do you really give him another year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let me ask you and respond honestly...if you have a coach go 2-14/3-13...do you really give him another year?

No. I think people might be misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. I'm not saying we should hang on to Lovie just because we need to keep up the appearance of stability. If he can't turn the ship around, and fast, he's got to go. All I'm saying is that I suspect that teams that fire 2 HCs in a row after 2 year opportunities makes hiring the next guy more difficult.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No. I think people might be misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. I'm not saying we should hang on to Lovie just because we need to keep up the appearance of stability. If he can't turn the ship around, and fast, he's got to go. All I'm saying is that I suspect that teams that fire 2 HCs in a row after 2 year opportunities makes hiring the next guy more difficult.

Ok.  That's fair.  Raheem, Schiano and a washed up Lovie Smith.  It's time to start looking at the Glazers.  They are a crap show and I don't think any of them live here.  Too bad we can't fire them and send their crap asses back to England.  Their dad was a slum lord and frankly, I don't trust em.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

how long do we wait to see if he improves his footwork, decision making, etc?Nobody can argue that the Defense Lovie put out there was abysmal at best, but Winston did the defense no favors by not sustaining drives, turning the ball over, falling over his own feet, fumbling, making bad decisions etc. Yesterday was sooooo bad all around, I have a bad memory that makes me want to believe that his first sustained drive was ASJ's 2nd td, and that's when the Titans called off the dogs.Defense was bad, but Winston sucked eggs too. Not just the playcalling but the execution sucked.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok.  That's fair.  Raheem, Schiano and a washed up Lovie Smith.  It's time to start looking at the Glazers.  They are a crap show and I don't think any of them live here.  Too bad we can't fire them and send their crap asses back to England.  Their dad was a slum lord and frankly, I don't trust em.

NEITHER DO I. Too bad the Eddie DeBartolo rumors of a few years ago didn't pan out. As far as hiring a HC after so many firings..... Better than the alternative, keeping a washed up has been here to completely run this team into the ground ala Redskins or Cleveland Browns. Oh wait..... at 30-71 we're already THERE!The ONLY positive thing the Glazers could do now is firing St. Lovie immediately, cutting their losses and moving on with Dick Koetter at LEAST through the rest of the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a great respect for your opinions,  what makes you feel that way?  Do you think the Redskins are/have been hampered in their hires?  Do you believe it is turn over that caused lesser options to be available?I maintain firing bad coaches in rapid succession has no, or next to no, affect on the pool of future coaching prospects.

I think it has to have an effect. It suggests the organization as a whole is broken and/or lacks clarity of vision, and that maybe the team is populated by "coach-killers." And if you think it's the latter and the roster needs a total overhaul, then the fact that the last two coaches got canned after their second year overhauling the roster can't be very comforting. The Redskins are a little more complicated because of Snyder's interference, but I think he's had problems since firing Schotty after 1 year. He fired Spurrier 2 years later and then had to resuscitate the corps of Gibbs. Zorn was actually hired to be the OC (kind of like how we hired Muir in anticipation of Parcells) but then ended up getting the HC by default when they decided they didn't want Jim Fassel. You can say that they rebounded and got a name HC in Shanahan, but it came at great cost - he basically had dictatorial control and a yes-man as a GM. Now he's got the awful Jay Gruden, who probably is done at the end of this year. Zimmer, Wiz, and Roman turned down offers to interview. Look at Cleveland - Mangini (2), Schurmer (2), Chud (1), Pettine. Adam Gase and Josh McDaniels pulled their names out of the mix. They actually interviewed Schiano.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spurrier quit and left $15 million on the table, FYI.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd say with Washington, the reason coaches don't want to consider the job is more the meddling that happens from Snyder and the 'old boy' network he has fostered as the owner of the team and that Bruce Allen has embraced and expanded. Hell, word around here is Snyder wants RGIII to get his starting job back if at all possible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spurrier quit and left $15 million on the table, FYI.

Yep - I forgot that part.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd say with Washington, the reason coaches don't want to consider the job is more the meddling that happens from Snyder and the 'old boy' network he has fostered as the owner of the team and that Bruce Allen has embraced and expanded. Hell, word around here is Snyder wants RGIII to get his starting job back if at all possible.

Sure, that no doubt plays a part, which is why I also mentioned Cleveland. The Allen deal was part of the Shanahan deal; he was brought in with the knowledge that Shanahan could work with him and under Shanahan his duties were simply to pay for the groceries. Snyder took some time off from meddling under Shanahan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And we can’t forget that Lovie is 0-9 at home.Man, he is the suck.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For what it’s worth, who says we aren’t already there?We fired a SB winning coach coming off an awful finish to his last season. Raheem's an anomaly because we didn't really go outside, but after firing him we got turned down by a college coach and then hired a much less well-regarded college coach. Then we fired him and hired a HC with a solid track record but one who wasn't exactly a "hot" hire and apparently it took handing him substantial control to get it done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You do not have to be a Vince Lombardi to know the Bucs made a big draft mistake. I think Lovie could not make a brother a second pick.The problem always goes back to the Glazers their reputation in the NFL no one wants to work for them and they end of scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Please wait…

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.