Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 40 reply threads

• Author

• All About That Bucs

Participant

If I’m the Glazers(who deserve blame for the last ten years of this franchise) I’m giving Lovie 8 games to figure this out. He’s 2-15 as our head coach and frankly the team hasn’t even looked competitive. All last year we heard from L&L that this team was ready to win now. Throughout the year as the losses kept piling up we heard “we are heading in the right direction, we’re getting better”. We have heard a similar tune this year. Licht said during an interview during the MIA pre season game “we will be better, I gurantee it”. I’M NOT SEEING IT! When they say these things and we still look pathetic, I have to question their football intelligence and ability to build a team. Lovie more so than Licht is on the hot seat. This team has talent. There is no reason for us to lose 42-14 to a less superior team at home. If Lovie doesn’t have 4 wins through 8 games, he needs to be fired. Simple as that.

Please wait…

• caso03

Participant

This is not Jameis’ fault, no we did not make a bad selection by picking him. He’s a rookie. All things considered he played exactly how I expected him to. Where was that defense that was preached to be a top 15 defense and a “takeaway” machine? That was a complete utter embarrassment of epic proportions on Sunday. This is all a testament to Lovie Smith and his inability to coach a football team. You have 7 more games Lovie. Better win 4 or you’re out the door. That’s what NEEDS to be done IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is nothing wrong with lovie. He chose to bring the lord jameis winston into his life.May we all be as fruitful in life.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Changing headcoachs and schemes is a sure fire way to lose talent. Look at the guys we’ve lost because they weren’t “schiano men” or because they didn’t fit the Tampa two scheme. There are guys littered all over the league, starters, that have been thrown out of town essentially because of a changing of the guard. It can’t happen anymore. Imagine bringing in a coach who wants to run a 3-4? How about a man heavy scheme like Schiano? I did not want Lovie Smith. He's been about what I thought he would be, terrible. He has to stay and he has to stay for the duration of his contract. Switching HC, schemes and players has to stop.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With a few exceptions, Is this team’s talent really that valuable? They’ve stunk the past 6 seasons. Their stats may have been nice, but I’d rather see this team win. If Lovie continues to fail as our HC, why would we keep him for the duration of his contract? To keep having losing seasons and being the laughing stock of the NFL? No thanks. I've supported Lovie the entire time, but last Sunday was bad. He was simply out coached...again. His player's are not learning and/or being discipline in this defensive system. I'm not opposed to bringing in a coach who wants to run a 3-4. The blowout losses to Falcons, Ravens, and Titans are unacceptable, PERIOD.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see nothing wrong with the 8-game approach. Heck, if we come out of the bye and look like a blumbering pile of crap against a sub par Skins team…. That may even be the time the Glazers start pulling strings behind the scenes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I completely agree, but i’ll take it a step further.  If we are blown out 1 or 2 more times before October 11th (Week 5: Jaguars game) heading into our bye(Week 6) Lovie has to go.  I’m hoping that Tennessee just caught us off guard week 1 and that we are going to be better, hoping.  More realistically we will probably get blown out again this Sunday against the Saints, Texans will beat us with Mallett, Cam will have his way with our defense, and then the final nail in the coffin will be when the Jaguars blow us out.. AGAIN! If this plays out this way, how can the Glazers not fire a guy who is 0-5 this year and 2-19 overall with all this talent on the team? Atlanta's Defense looked like they were flying around and being physical and guess what, it was their very 1st game under a new coach and they somehow "understood" the scheme and it wasn't hieroglyphics to to them the 2nd year in!  God damnit Lovie!  How can you suck so bad?  The worst part to me is that he sits there with that stupid I just shit my pants look on his face.  At least show me you care a little you SOB!GO BUCS!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In a strange way, drafting #ProReady might have Lovie on a shorter leash than he would have been had he drafted a “project” QB like Mariota.The perception is there, rightly or wrongly, that this team should be a lot further along on offense at least.

Please wait…

• caso03

Participant

I like to think that Tennessee caught us off guard. They ran plays we didn’t even prepare for. Hopefully this is similar to when Miami went into New England and whipped out the wild cat.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would say about the 10-12 game threshold. But yeah, eight games is a helluva lot more reasonable than the melodramatic “REAL” fans want.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie deserves four years. If you can’t agree with that you are probably a simpleton or a casual fan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Coming from the guy who berated me for thinking the Bucs will ever stand a chance under the current regime. Like I said…. a fugging joke.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In a strange way, drafting #ProReady might have Lovie on a shorter leash than he would have been had he drafted a "project" QB like Mariota.The perception is there, rightly or wrongly, that this team should be a lot further along on offense at least.

Lovie will correct the ships course. He did not want to overuse the almighty power lord winston weilds.All who doubt him, shall forever remain lost.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would say about the 10-12 game threshold. But yeah, eight games is a helluva lot more reasonable than the melodramatic "REAL" fans want.

Agree, then give Koetter the job, don't bring in an outside guy at that point. And see how they look the final month or so. Then make a decision over the offseason, as to who gets the permanent gig.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Changing headcoachs and schemes is a sure fire way to lose talent. Look at the guys we've lost because they weren't "schiano men" or because they didn't fit the Tampa two scheme. There are guys littered all over the league, starters, that have been thrown out of town essentially because of a changing of the guard. It can't happen anymore. Imagine bringing in a coach who wants to run a 3-4? How about a man heavy scheme like Schiano? I did not want Lovie Smith. He's been about what I thought he would be, terrible. He has to stay and he has to stay for the duration of his contract. Switching HC, schemes and players has to stop.

Speaking of Schiano, I heard him talking today with Dom on ESPN. He sounds like he is angling for the Rutgers job again. That Rutgers HC is in hot water over recruiting I believe it is.I thought it was interesting Schiano and Dom talking about how they would pow wow together before meeting the Bucs media. So they would be on the same page.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Lovie goes we need to bring in David Shaw.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mr shaw cannot teach the lord jameis. He is only a mortal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fire him after we get clobbered by the Saints this weekend.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless Andrew Luck is coming with him, no thanks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would say about the 10-12 game threshold. But yeah, eight games is a helluva lot more reasonable than the melodramatic "REAL" fans want.

Agree, then give Koetter the job, don't bring in an outside guy at that point. And see how they look the final month or so. Then make a decision over the offseason, as to who gets the permanent gig.

I’m with that as well. Promote Koetter and see what happens from there. As of right now, I don’t see any other candidates that would make sense for this team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Today would be a great day to fire Lovie Smith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With all the great evaluators on the RB  maybe try a different coach each game Lovie is here thru 2016 then the decision will be made.not going to pay 2 coachs for not being here  IMHO    THANKS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Changing headcoachs and schemes is a sure fire way to lose talent. Look at the guys we've lost because they weren't "schiano men" or because they didn't fit the Tampa two scheme. There are guys littered all over the league, starters, that have been thrown out of town essentially because of a changing of the guard. It can't happen anymore. Imagine bringing in a coach who wants to run a 3-4? How about a man heavy scheme like Schiano? I did not want Lovie Smith. He's been about what I thought he would be, terrible. He has to stay and he has to stay for the duration of his contract. Switching HC, schemes and players has to stop.

Uh, that's why you don't hire another stupid defensive person to be your HC.  Offensive HC's don't care what kind of defenses they run.  They'll hire a coach that fits the current talent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I remember years ago the Panthers fans wanted Ron Rivera gone after year 2. He took that 2-14 team to 6-10(with a rookie QB), 7-9, and 12-4. Last year they went 7-8-1 but hell at least it got them to win the division. Lovie just needs to make these next 15 games competitive and win 5 and he should be okay with the FO. Just my honest opinion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’s closer to 6 wins he needs to get. That’s as many games as we’ve won in the last two yrs combined.It also shows the team going in an upward trend.I can tell you this. He can't have to many more woodshed whuppings like Sunday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

0-8 with 2 blowouts and he’s toast.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I remember years ago the Panthers fans wanted Ron Rivera gone after year 2. He took that 2-14 team to 6-10(with a rookie QB), 7-9, and 12-4. Last year they went 7-8-1 but hell at least it got them to win the division. Lovie just needs to make these next 15 games competitive and win 5 and he should be okay with the FO. Just my honest opinion.

Is this what we have been reduced to?  Hoping for a (censored)ty coach to maybe develop into a middle of the road coach?  So when the stars align every so often we get a winning season?  Roll the dice again.  Fire Lovie Smith Today.  The continuity argument is one of the stupidest someone could ever make.  Continuity so things don't get worse?  Get the (censored) out of here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is this what we have been reduced to?  Hoping for a (censored)ty coach to maybe develop into a middle of the road coach?  So when the stars align every so often we get a winning season?  Roll the dice again.  Fire Lovie Smith Today.  The continuity argument is one of the stupidest someone could ever make.  Continuity so things don't get worse?  Get the (censored) out of here.

Lovie was 81-63 before he came to Tampa. I have no idea where you think he is just a “shitty coach”. And that was without QB stability and names like Orton, Grossman, and Cutler at the helm. So you can make him seem worse than he actually is, but truth be told your just making yourself look igornant. Too bad the Glazers won't be firing Lovie anytime soon. Get over yourself.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie was 81-63 before he came to Tampa. I have no idea where you think he is just a "(censored)ty coach". And that was without QB stability and names like Orton, Grossman, and Cutler at the helm. So you can make him seem worse than he actually is, but truth be told your just making yourself look igornant. Too bad the Glazers won't be firing Lovie anytime soon. Get over yourself.

In his last 8 years (including one on the couch because NOBODY wanted him, even though several positions were open), he has 1 playoff appearance. This is with "his" defense built around the likes of Urlacher and Briggs. Not to mention he comes here and has McCoy and David, and somehow makes them irrelevant. Blind faith in qbs like Orton and McCown? Cutler was forced on him by Bears mgmt. Winston is his guy, so his neck/coaching career should be in the noose.These are all truths about the sucktitude that is Lovie "soon to be back on the couch" Smith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets not forget, Lovie said “real fans” can see that this team is close…..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets not forget, Lovie said "real fans" can see that this team is close.....

I'm guessing the only real fans are his family, because the rest of us, aren't blind, and we can see the trainwreck

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have evaluated him as a shitty head coach based on watching his teams play 25ish times, with 17 of them counting for real.  His record with Chicago earned him a second opportunity at NFL HC, but I don’t follow the Bears and have no evaluation of his time there.  I can identify nothing he does well as a head coach or defensive coordinator.  We are below average to shockingly bad at literally everything.  Tell me what we are doing well to build on?  There is no hope beyond mediocrity with Lovie Smith as our head coach, and mediocrity is starting to look like a pipe dream honestly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In his last 8 years (including one on the couch because NOBODY wanted him, even though several positions were open), he has 1 playoff appearance. This is with "his" defense built around the likes of Urlacher and Briggs. Not to mention he comes here and has McCoy and David, and somehow makes them irrelevant. Blind faith in qbs like Orton and McCown? Cutler was forced on him by Bears mgmt. Winston is his guy, so his neck/coaching career should be in the noose.These are all truths about the sucktitude that is Lovie "soon to be back on the couch" Smith.

McCoy was an all-pro last year, so I’m not sure where you think he is irrelevant now? As for David, he played at a pro bowl level last year. And its Lovie Smith’s fault that he bits on play-action? Winston is his guy now and how he develops/pans out will determine how much longer he coaches here in Tampa. You don’t get another NFL job for being a sorry coach. (i.e Schiano)edit- Lovie Smith was interviewed in 2013 by the Texans, Eagles, and Chargers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have evaluated him as a (censored)ty head coach based on watching his teams play 25ish times, with 17 of them counting for real.  His record with Chicago earned him a second opportunity at NFL HC, but I don't follow the Bears and have no evaluation of his time there.  I can identify nothing he does well as a head coach or defensive coordinator.  We are below average to shockingly bad at literally everything.  Tell me what we are doing well to build on?  There is no hope beyond mediocrity with Lovie Smith as our head coach, and mediocrity is starting to look like a pipe dream honestly.

I’ve followed him with the Bears. They got bit with the injury bug quite a few times during his tenure and one season lost his starting QB after a 7-3 record only to fall 8-8. Lack of depth and his conservative style of coaching got him axed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy was an all-pro last year, so I'm not sure where you think he is irrelevant now? As for David, he played at a pro bowl level last year. And its Lovie Smith's fault that he bits on play-action? Winston is his guy now and how he develops/pans out will determine how much longer he coaches here in Tampa. You don't get another NFL job for being a sorry coach. (i.e Schiano)

Didn't David say something to the effect that Wright's penalty took the wind out of their sails? Isn't Lovie responsible for getting them in position to play, getting them refocused? Lovie only got this NFL job because Moe Larry and Schemp believe Lovie is Dungy v2.0. Otherwise Lovie would still be on his couch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy was an all-pro last year, so I'm not sure where you think he is irrelevant now? As for David, he played at a pro bowl level last year. And its Lovie Smith's fault that he bits on play-action? Winston is his guy now and how he develops/pans out will determine how much longer he coaches here in Tampa. You don't get another NFL job for being a sorry coach. (i.e Schiano)edit- Lovie Smith was interviewed in 2013 by the Texans, Eagles, and Chargers.

to your edit.... I'd hate to say this, but since Bill O Brien, Chip Kelly and Mike McCoy are the coaches there, maybe Lovie was the Rooney Rule interviewee.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy was an all-pro last year, so I'm not sure where you think he is irrelevant now? As for David, he played at a pro bowl level last year. And its Lovie Smith's fault that he bits on play-action? Winston is his guy now and how he develops/pans out will determine how much longer he coaches here in Tampa. You don't get another NFL job for being a sorry coach. (i.e Schiano)

Didn't David say something to the effect that Wright's penalty took the wind out of their sails? Isn't Lovie responsible for getting them in position to play, getting them refocused? Lovie only got this NFL job because Moe Larry and Schemp believe Lovie is Dungy v2.0. Otherwise Lovie would still be on his couch.

Thought it was a BS excuse. David played like crap and was out of position all game long. Which is a rarity so I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thought it was a BS excuse. David played like crap and was out of position all game long. Which is a rarity so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I fully agree, I couldn't believe that a pro player would say that. But if it's true, at all, that makes me question the leadership of lovie and leslie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They thought...Raheem was Tomlin 2.0Schiano was Belicheck 2.0Lovie was Dundy 2.0That tells me if Lovie is fired, they will try and get Grudent 2.0 in Jay Gruden.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lovie understands there are nonbelievers.And as such, he calls them out. As do i!Not everything is as your mere mortal senses can perceive.The vile Hawaiian did not "smash" this defense open like a pineapple, they were simply following the lords unquestioned will. The titans are now lulled into a false sense of security, in which the almighty winston will use against them at a later time!This becomes obvious on the pic six, where the lord jameis gave that nice young man a chance to shine in front of friends and family.  All hail the almighty swag!

Please wait…

• c.greene55

Participant

Because keeping 2-15 coaches is obviously the way forward.

Please wait…

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.