Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

can we just move on from the Tedford experiment?  I hope to God Lovie, if he still has a job, hires someone else.  Fat Charlie or Cam Cameron.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie initially came with the caveat of needing a real OC who is modern and creative. Lack of offense is what got him fired in Chicago. Yet here we are with Lovie as the headcoach an actually no OC at all. Thats great. The offense is about as bad youd expect from a lovie smith team with no real OC position being manned, and defense is even worse than the offense. So what currently makes Lovie a decent coach? Nothing really. The real bad thing is we're stuck with being bad for a long time. EVen if the players to learn what to do more, the defense is still going to suck until the passrush gets better. The pass rush is not going to get better anytime soon, unless you neglect to use key resources (1st and 2nd round picks) on what is currently one of the worst Olines in the league. Youd also have to ingore QB as a first round pick if you wanted to seriously address either of those.  The only thing that could make this a quicker recovery is by firing lovie after one year, brining in a 3-4 defense and drafting Gregory to play DE in the 3-4, Oline the rest of the way and continue with Glennon. None of that is going to happen. Id love to think Mariota would magically solve all the problems but it wouldnt even be close.

Please wait…

• install

Participant

Ummm.  Now we have no defense to go with no offense …..just lovely

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if there’s something more to Tedford being gone than just his health. Maybe a disagreement between him and Lovie? Who knows, but I find it hard to believe that someone can’t sit up in a box and call plays because of a stent or two. I wonder if Tedford didn't appreciate Lovie handing the job to McCown without a competition, and that turned into something.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is disturbing.  If Tedford is not coming back what is the hold up on hiring an OC?  This should have been done weeks ago.  This team has no direction or identity.  The players obviously know this.  Lovie can’t possibly think that this city will accept this after the past five seasons.  This team is a disaster and almost to the point of not even worth following anymore.  No fan thought he would have complete control over the team.  Jiffy pop tyranny.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t we already know this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be surprise if we ever hear from Tedford again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if Tedford didn't appreciate Lovie handing the job to McCown without a competition, and that turned into something.

They gave McCown a $10 million contract. That's what you give a guy to start, not compete. The plan was always for McCown to be the starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Arroyo should not be the OC again, and anyone else will bring in their own system, so that means that they will have to learn a whole new offense again. Guys like Glennon and Evans will have their development hampered.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if Tedford didn't appreciate Lovie handing the job to McCown without a competition, and that turned into something.

They gave McCown a $10 million contract. That's what you give a guy to start, not compete. The plan was always for McCown to be the starter.

Splitting hairs, give McCown the starting job without competition or sign him to begin with, whatever. The point is that maybe Tedford didn't want him as the QB running his offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watching yesterday’s butt kicking was even more sickening when I looked at the Ravens OC was Kubiak and knowing he was available when the Bucs selected Tedford as the new OC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Splitting hairs, give McCown the starting job without competition or sign him to begin with, whatever. The point is that maybe Tedford didn't want him as the QB running his offense.

I don't believe there is any scenario in which Tedford wasn't planning on McCown being his starter. But we'll never know for sure so if you believe that so be it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could we bring Tedford back as the Head Coach then?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd be surprise if we ever hear from Tedford again.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lovie and Tedford had a major disagreement. So, Lovie lured Jeff to his house and locked him in his infamous basement. Go to Lovie's basement and there you will find Tedford. And a basket with lotion in it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could we bring Tedford back as the Head Coach then?

Now there's an idea ....

Please wait…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.