Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 34 reply threads

• Author

• crazybucfan67

Participant

One is a veteran coach with a super bowl appearance and the other a second tier college coach with no previous NFL head coaching experience. The first coach has control over personnel and comes into little drama, just bring in some free agents and some Bears cast offs. The second coach was brought into town to change the atmosphere of the team and ends up with Josh Freeman drama, mersa and Lawrence tynes, the and the media on his back.The numbers:Lovie      3 wins 16 lossesSchiano  7 wins and 12 lossesGames decided by 7 or lessLovie      2 wins 9 lossesSchiano  3 wins  8 lossesGames decided by 10 pointsLovie      0 wins and 8 lossesSchiano  4 wins and 3 lossesOpponent turnoversLovie  27Schiano  31Opponent 3rd down pctLovie 41.9%Schiano  39.8%PenaltiesLovie  150Schiano 128Just sayin... this team has degressed under a veteran coach with little outside drama.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

19 games in and we haven’t won a game by double digits? I guess when you’ve only won 3 that makes sense but jeez.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One is a veteran coach with a super bowl appearance and the other a second tier college coach with no previous NFL head coaching experience. The first coach has control over personnel and comes into little drama, just bring in some free agents and some Bears cast offs. The second coach was brought into town to change the atmosphere of the team and ends up with Josh Freeman drama, mersa and Lawrence tynes, the and the media on his back.The numbers:Lovie      3 wins 16 lossesSchiano  7 wins and 12 lossesGames decided by 7 or lessLovie      2 wins 9 lossesSchiano  3 wins  8 lossesGames decided by 10 pointsLovie      0 wins and 8 lossesSchiano  4 wins and 3 lossesOpponent turnoversLovie  27Schiano  31Opponent 3rd down pctLovie 41.9%Schiano  39.8%PenaltiesLovie  150Schiano 128Just sayin... this team has degressed under a veteran coach with little outside drama.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pathetic.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

The only reason Schiano has a record better than Lovie is that it took him half of a season to completely kill the team.Schiano inherited a team that was in need of improvement, from Raheem Morris, but enough of the previous team mindset was there to keep the record somewhat good at the beginning.Lovie, on the other hand, inherited the sh!t that Schiano left behind and is now trying to rebuild from the ground up. It's an unfair comaprison.Schiano was a cancer that caused the team to wither away and die slowly over two seasons. The only positive about the hiring of Schiano as the coach was that they fired him within two seasons. That guy does not belong on an NFL sidelines.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only reason Schiano has a record better than Lovie is that it took him half of a season to completely kill the team.Schiano inherited a team that was in need of improvement, from Raheem Morris, but enough of the previous team mindset was there to keep the record somewhat good at the beginning.Lovie, on the other hand, inherited the sh!t that Schiano left behind and is now trying to rebuild from the ground up. It's an unfair comaprison.Schiano was a cancer that caused the team to wither away and die slowly over two seasons. The only positive about the hiring of Schiano as the coach was that they fired him within two seasons. That guy does not belong on an NFL sidelines.

Schiano took over a team that had lost 10 straight after starting 4-2, had quit on their coach, and was relying on pill popping Freeman, LeGarrette Blount, and Mike Williams as pillars of stability…. how was that a good situation to come in to?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano was head and shoulders above Lovie.  We would be instantly better if we dumped Lovie today and brought back Schiano.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

19 games in and we haven't won a game by double digits? I guess when you've only won 3 that makes sense but jeez.

The Bucs beat the Redskins by 20 last year so this is wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we’re not contending in December, Lovie is gonna be gone next year

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Lovie, on the other hand, inherited the sh!t that Schiano left behind and is now trying to rebuild from the ground up. It’s an unfair comaprison.”This can't be honest.  Look at the starters Schiano was left with and how their careers progressed.  I am not sure who has more job security.  Owen Daniels where ever Kubiack goes or washed up Bears if Lovie has a job.  The penalties are a joke.  Ok I am glad we can finally get out a huddle and run a play before 5 seconds, so thats improvement.  Now is that because Winston is naturally better at it, that is where my money is.For 2.5/3 weeks we have looked ridiculous on defense.  The coaching seemed to be, "you have WR running open, contact and hold them."  My one question to Lovie fans is what aspect have the Bucs shown improvement?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s those “unfair” statistics again. 8) So far, I have to say the Glazer's hiring of ol' Lovie has backfired. His clock is ticking...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We have non twitchy 5’8 corners trying to man up all day, really shows how much trouble we would have been in if Jennings didn’t become available

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is Lovies last head coaching gig. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lucky for us -- much like Raheem -- his gift of a QB will still be here for the next regime to deal with. The cycle will continue on and on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

:'(I didnt like the hire in the first place. Same with schiano, and the same with raheem.One wasn't ready, the other ticked everyone off, and lovie is a one trick (old) pony. It was visible to anyone wanting to see it. The glazers took huge chances, really. But those chances werent really chances, so much as they were preordained failures.We had the chance at some really good offensive coaches here and there, and all the glazers seem to give a crap about, is the defense. In their business riddled mind, reliving the glory days can only be done with defense. Their MO has never changed.One of the last 4 coaches looked respectable, and it was an offensive mind. Yet, here we are, beating our heads against a wall for over ten years. All because the glazers don't want to change. They're about as successful at finding coaches, as lovie is winning games. And its all because they refuse to change.Lovie isnt needed here for winston to grow. He isnt needed here on the defense either, as he just lets them walk all over him. Yes, the team, and the oppositions. He isnt needed here to draft. He isnt needed here for STs even.Lovie is the bottleneck, the albatross, the log in the road. He is holding back a better team than this. I hear, "growth" a lot, and i want to believe. However, its tough to believe when your stairing at a page full of losses yearly, or when they say, "weve practiced playing them the whole entire offseason" but then get stomped into the dirt.And then, to make matters worse, there are newer coaches to their respective teams that look better. This business of hanging onto coaches, cause you "have to" is ridiculous in this day and age.Without lovie, tampa is most likely 2-1 today, not 1-2. Hardly anyone but lovie would just let a team waltz right down the field like that, without adjusting or attempting to stop it. He's just going to let his players try to figure it out.That game was winnable, and lovie, evans, and the new kicker just pissed it away. Here's your gameballs, ya turdnuggets.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Raheem……….Schiano…….Lovie..is there ANYONE here who STILL does not understand that the ACTUAL ISSUE is the choices the Glazer sons make?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Raheem..........Schiano.......Lovie..is there ANYONE here who STILL does not understand that the ACTUAL ISSUE is the choices the Glazer sons make?

Pretty much the same sh1t in a different wrapper.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

rplha.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

:'(I didnt like the hire in the first place. Same with schiano, and the same with raheem.One wasn't ready, the other ticked everyone off, and lovie is a one trick (old) pony. It was visible to anyone wanting to see it. The glazers took huge chances, really. But those chances werent really chances, so much as they were preordained failures.We had the chance at some really good offensive coaches here and there, and all the glazers seem to give a crap about, is the defense. In their business riddled mind, reliving the glory days can only be done with defense. Their MO has never changed.One of the last 4 coaches looked respectable, and it was an offensive mind. Yet, here we are, beating our heads against a wall for over ten years. All because the glazers don't want to change. They're about as successful at finding coaches, as lovie is winning games. And its all because they refuse to change.Lovie isnt needed here for winston to grow. He isnt needed here on the defense either, as he just lets them walk all over him. Yes, the team, and the oppositions. He isnt needed here to draft. He isnt needed here for STs even.Lovie is the bottleneck, the albatross, the log in the road. He is holding back a better team than this. I hear, "growth" a lot, and i want to believe. However, its tough to believe when your stairing at a page full of losses yearly, or when they say, "weve practiced playing them the whole entire offseason" but then get stomped into the dirt.And then, to make matters worse, there are newer coaches to their respective teams that look better. This business of hanging onto coaches, cause you "have to" is ridiculous in this day and age.Without lovie, tampa is most likely 2-1 today, not 1-2. Hardly anyone but lovie would just let a team waltz right down the field like that, without adjusting or attempting to stop it. He's just going to let his players try to figure it out.That game was winnable, and lovie, evans, and the new kicker just pissed it away. Here's your gameballs, ya turdnuggets.

+1,000,000

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dreaded the day Lovie was hired…I always thought his team’s in Chicago won despite him, not because of him.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Schiano took over a team that had lost 10 straight after starting 4-2, had quit on their coach, and was relying on pill popping Freeman, LeGarrette Blount, and Mike Williams as pillars of stability.... how was that a good situation to come in to?

Raheem Morris should never have been a head coach. that much is true; however, Schiano took the team apart, brought in his own type of players, and then tried to run the program like a college program.Schiano was p!ss poor at everything he did. The absolute only time I derived any enjoyment during jis second year as HC was driving along Hillsborough Avenue and seeing the giant "Fire Schiano" billboard. It reminded me that this tool was on his way out, and even the Glasers wouldn't make the stupid mistake of bringing him back. I watchd Black Monday on the NFL Network with the hopes of hearing of Schiano's firing. It didn't take long to be rewarded, and find out he was on his way out.Schiano was the football equivalent of noticing a small patch of weeds in your garden and then spraying the entire thing with Agent Orange. His drafts and player selections were miserable, his alienation of pretty much every other NFL coach was apparent when he decided to send in his defense to hit Eli Manning on a kneel down, (and, growing up in DC and following the Redskins, I probably have more hate for the NY Giants than most of this board; however, that was just wrong. I'd love to see Eli slapped around on a regular basis, but not on a kneel-down.)I will take Lovie over Schiano any day of the week. He!!, I'd even take Warhop as HC over Schiano, and we all know what a disaster that would be.It cannot be argued that Schiano turned this team into sh!t, far beyond his two years here, and Lovie is living his legacy. It is going to take time to get that two years out of the team.I can't argue much about Freeman, as I thought that was a wasted draft pick; however, Schiano did nothing to improve the position, either.Per unstable players, I could care less about their stability, as long as they produce in the field. I care about winning, period, and using the best players to achieve that goal. I would take Greg Hardy, Incognito, anyone, that made the team better. (Dexter Manley had a MAJOR coke problem, but he was a beast on defense. That's all I cared about. His off-field stuff s his own business.)TLDR: Schiano was a f***ing tool and he lasted two years longer than he should have. For the Glasers to hire him in the first place, they must have been indulging in their own pill-popping not to see that in advance.

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

Schiano had the advantage of Josh Freeman. Now by no means do I think Freeman is better than Winston, but at that point Freeman was in his fourth season. In his second season he had shown he had the ability to be “the guy”, but took a step back with all those INTs in his third season. But he had already proven he could be a starting QB in the league and in his forth season he threw for over 4,000 yards and 27 TDs, both of which are franchise single season records. Like it or not, Freeman played well enough to help us to win games in Schiano's first season. Take Freeman away and put Glennon under center and I don't see the same result. Schiano's first season would be more like his second with his win-loss record. Maybe Freeman breaking was down to Freeman being an idiot, or perhaps it was down to Schiano not backing him and undermining him, but if Freeman hadn't broke and kicked on from his fourth season, then arguably Schiano's second season could have been different.The issue Lovie had when he came here was the QB position. That's now solved for his second season. Winston has started ok and shown flashes of what is to come. With development from Winston, support from his offense and defense, this team should be competitive this season and put up half a dozen wins, maybe even .500. Maybe Lovie isn't the right guy, but he needs time because there's been a lot of turnover and we have young developing players at key positions. I think Lovie can be successful here, but it won't be overnight. For me, starting this season we may have a similar trajectory as the Panthers (ie Rivera and Cam, 6-10 year one, 7-9 year two, 12-4 year three), if not, then maybe consider a change.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Schiano had the advantage of Josh Freeman. Now by no means do I think Freeman is better than Winston, but at that point Freeman was in his fourth season. In his second season he had shown he had the ability to be "the guy", but took a step back with all those INTs in his third season. But he had already proven he could be a starting QB in the league and in his forth season he threw for over 4,000 yards and 27 TDs, both of which are franchise single season records. Like it or not, Freeman played well enough to help us to win games in Schiano's first season. Take Freeman away and put Glennon under center and I don't see the same result. Schiano's first season would be more like his second with his win-loss record. Maybe Freeman breaking was down to Freeman being an idiot, or perhaps it was down to Schiano not backing him and undermining him, but if Freeman hadn't broke and kicked on from his fourth season, then arguably Schiano's second season could have been different.The issue Lovie had when he came here was the QB position. That's now solved for his second season. Winston has started ok and shown flashes of what is to come. With development from Winston, support from his offense and defense, this team should be competitive this season and put up half a dozen wins, maybe even .500. Maybe Lovie isn't the right guy, but he needs time because there's been a lot of turnover and we have young developing players at key positions. I think Lovie can be successful here, but it won't be overnight. For me, starting this season we may have a similar trajectory as the Panthers (ie Rivera and Cam, 6-10 year one, 7-9 year two, 12-4 year three), if not, then maybe consider a change.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even Chip Kelly and Vince Lombardi would have gotten fired if Freeman was their QB those last two years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like it or not, Freeman played well enough to help us to win games in Schiano's first season. Take Freeman away and put Glennon under center and I don't see the same result. Schiano's first season would be more like his second with his win-loss record. Maybe Freeman breaking was down to Freeman being an idiot, or perhaps it was down to Schiano not backing him and undermining him, but if Freeman hadn't broke and kicked on from his fourth season, then arguably Schiano's second season could have been different.The issue Lovie had when he came here was the QB position. That's now solved for his second season. Winston has started ok and shown flashes of what is to come. With development from Winston, support from his offense and defense, this team should be competitive this season and put up half a dozen wins, maybe even .500. Maybe Lovie isn't the right guy, but he needs time because there's been a lot of turnover and we have young developing players at key positions. I think Lovie can be successful here, but it won't be overnight. For me, starting this season we may have a similar trajectory as the Panthers (ie Rivera and Cam, 6-10 year one, 7-9 year two, 12-4 year three), if not, then maybe consider a change.

I disagree. Putting Glennon in actually got us wins in 2013 whereas the self destructing Freeman was struggling to do anything. The issue Lovie had when coming here wasn't at QB, it was with the Oline, the WR, the Dline, the RBs and the secondary. He blew up the Oline, brought in some folks to the secondary and Dline and went and drafted a WR, TE, RB and some late Oline help. He then brought in McCown. The result was an absolute clusterf*ck while the better QB on the team was relegated to bench warming. Drafting Winston was and still is a mistake when this team has too many other issues still needing to be addressed.. and Lovie is one of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even Chip Kelly and Vince Lombardi would have gotten fired if Freeman was their QB those last two years.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are people really debating Raheem vs Schiano?  That’s like trying to decide which pile of diarrhea tastes worst.  Have at it, but neither of them should have been NFL HC’s.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No doubt about that. In the NFL anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano had the advantage of Josh Freeman. Now by no means do I think Freeman is better than Winston, but at that point Freeman was in his fourth season. In his second season he had shown he had the ability to be "the guy", but took a step back with all those INTs in his third season. But he had already proven he could be a starting QB in the league and in his forth season he threw for over 4,000 yards and 27 TDs, both of which are franchise single season records. Like it or not, Freeman played well enough to help us to win games in Schiano's first season. Take Freeman away and put Glennon under center and I don't see the same result. Schiano's first season would be more like his second with his win-loss record. Maybe Freeman breaking was down to Freeman being an idiot, or perhaps it was down to Schiano not backing him and undermining him, but if Freeman hadn't broke and kicked on from his fourth season, then arguably Schiano's second season could have been different.The issue Lovie had when he came here was the QB position. That's now solved for his second season. Winston has started ok and shown flashes of what is to come. With development from Winston, support from his offense and defense, this team should be competitive this season and put up half a dozen wins, maybe even .500. Maybe Lovie isn't the right guy, but he needs time because there's been a lot of turnover and we have young developing players at key positions. I think Lovie can be successful here, but it won't be overnight. For me, starting this season we may have a similar trajectory as the Panthers (ie Rivera and Cam, 6-10 year one, 7-9 year two, 12-4 year three), if not, then maybe consider a change.

+2Schiano pulled a Chip Kelly by discarding a lot of talent that Raheem built up with Dominik and he started to lose football games.  I wonder why?You need talent to win the NFL.  Period.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone who thinks schiano is a good coach or would be doing good here is an idiot plain and simple. No surprise he hasn’t been offered a job by anyone in the league dude is an assclown and never deserved an nfl job. Still people aren't setting the blame at the right place at this point. I'll break it down this team has one player left since 2010. ONE . PLAYER. LEFT. You almost have to try to be that bad whose the man behind the decisions the past two regimes? Mark dominik. He set this team back years with terrible personnel decisions and terrible drafting. I'm not a huge lovie fan but those two idiots skull fucked out franchise so bad were gonna need a while to recover. I do blame lovie for getting rid of revis for nothing though and signing the craptastic 3some +verner+mcdonald. Now lovie is setting it in motion his past two drafts I feel are going to be really good. But I doubt he'll be here long enough to see the outcome of it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This board is actually more fun, entertaining,  after a loss.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano was a good coach. The way he coached his players, he talked to them and so on. People didn’t like him, plain and simple. I don't believe either coach is above and beyond the other. In terms of coaching ability Schiano and Lovie are probably similar. You can bet your last dime that Winston wouldn't be here if Schiano was still here!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone who thinks schiano is a good coach or would be doing good here is an idiot plain and simple. No surprise he hasn't been offered a job by anyone in the league dude is an assclown and never deserved an nfl job. Still people aren't setting the blame at the right place at this point. I'll break it down this team has one player left since 2010. ONE . PLAYER. LEFT. You almost have to try to be that bad whose the man behind the decisions the past two regimes? Mark dominik. He set this team back years with terrible personnel decisions and terrible drafting. I'm not a huge lovie fan but those two idiots skull (censored)ed out franchise so bad were gonna need a while to recover. I do blame lovie for getting rid of revis for nothing though and signing the craptastic 3some +verner+mcdonald. Now lovie is setting it in motion his past two drafts I feel are going to be really good. But I doubt he'll be here long enough to see the outcome of it.

+1Dominik receives too much of a free pass.  But he did allow Schiano to dismantle a lot of the team he built.  You can't bleed all that talent and not have consequences.Bucs WR corp was actually a strength of this team when Schiano took over.  He turned it into a weakness by the time he left and it was in shambles outside of VJAX.Lovie made things worse by dimantling the OL.So, all in all the talent drain from letting go talented players due to scheme changes and due to poor drafting has left this team for devoid in talent.

Please wait…

• discipleboy2000

Participant

LOL!  You have to be kidding right?  The team Schiano inherited was a complete joke.  You are insane to think Schiano inherited a worse team than Lovie.  You must be a new Bucs fan bc thats the only reason for that level of idiocy.  lol.

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

Like it or not, Freeman played well enough to help us to win games in Schiano's first season. Take Freeman away and put Glennon under center and I don't see the same result. Schiano's first season would be more like his second with his win-loss record. Maybe Freeman breaking was down to Freeman being an idiot, or perhaps it was down to Schiano not backing him and undermining him, but if Freeman hadn't broke and kicked on from his fourth season, then arguably Schiano's second season could have been different.The issue Lovie had when he came here was the QB position. That's now solved for his second season. Winston has started ok and shown flashes of what is to come. With development from Winston, support from his offense and defense, this team should be competitive this season and put up half a dozen wins, maybe even .500. Maybe Lovie isn't the right guy, but he needs time because there's been a lot of turnover and we have young developing players at key positions. I think Lovie can be successful here, but it won't be overnight. For me, starting this season we may have a similar trajectory as the Panthers (ie Rivera and Cam, 6-10 year one, 7-9 year two, 12-4 year three), if not, then maybe consider a change.

I disagree. Putting Glennon in actually got us wins in 2013 whereas the self destructing Freeman was struggling to do anything. The issue Lovie had when coming here wasn't at QB, it was with the Oline, the WR, the Dline, the RBs and the secondary. He blew up the Oline, brought in some folks to the secondary and Dline and went and drafted a WR, TE, RB and some late Oline help. He then brought in McCown. The result was an absolute clusterf*ck while the better QB on the team was relegated to bench warming. Drafting Winston was and still is a mistake when this team has too many other issues still needing to be addressed.. and Lovie is one of them.

Go back and read what I wrote...I said in year one Freeman had a good season. He set franchise records for passing yards and passing touchdowns. He played a role in helping us win games and be competitive in Schiano's first season. For me, if Schiano had benched Freeman in preseason YEAR ONE in favor of Glennon, then I do not believe Glennon would have set franchise records in passing yards and TDs, nor am I convinced we would have won as many games as we did in Schiano's first season.In the preseason of Schiano's second season, perhaps even before, Freeman's position was being questioned and undermined before he even hit the field for those pathetic regular season performances. For me, Schiano's handling of Josh Freeman in his second year in the job was a contributor to Freeman breaking down. By no means is Freeman innocent, he made mistakes, but when a quarterbacks position is questioned and undermined before the season even begins, a year after setting franchise records for passing yards and TDs, a year after going 7-9, then you know what? Not many QBs end up being successful, most lose their starting position sooner rather than later, and that's what happened with Freeman is Schiano's second season. Freeman was set to fail before he even hit the field because his confidence was shot and he had no backing from the people in charge - his fault or not, that isn't the setting for any QB to succeed.Now I don't disagree that Glennon didn't do a job when he stepped in during Schiano's second season, but don't make the wins out to be anything spectacular, 4-12 isn't anything to brag about. If Schiano didn't help break Freeman, and Freeman kicked on from 2012, then I honestly feel we could have won more games. But I suspect you're a Glennon fan and you'll disagree on that score...As for Winston being a mistake, who would you have drafted?I assume it wouldn't be Mariota because you say we had other needs, and you would probably build around Glennon. So would it have been Dante Fowler who tore his knee up in his first practice and we haven't even seen how good or effect he can be? Perhaps you'd drafted Brandon Scherff (OT), or Leonard Williams (DT) or Vic Beasley (DE)?Seriously, the Buccaneers made the right call to draft a quarterback. Glennon went 4-9 as a starter in 2013 and 1-4 in 2014. At no point did he show he prove he was the guy to build around, and frankly I'm glad that they drafted Winston because he will become the franchise QB this team has lacked for so long.

Please wait…

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.