Viewing 303 reply threads

• Author

• ABuccsFan

Participant

I love it. All the board GM’s must be wetting their pants.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m watching on nfl.com. Did Lovie say that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10poundbass wins , lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

DJ, that made me laugh…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Barf

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

leeroybuc93: I'm watching on nfl.com. Did Lovie say that?///He just said that standing at the podium in his press conference after the selection.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well.. Lovie and the other loser just got fired.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smokescreen of the highest order. We KNOW Glennon isnt the QB of the future already.You dont sign the top FA QB AND name him starter instantly if you have your guy already. Not buying this as easily as some.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think this might be Lovie trying to increase his trade value but if not I think Glennon can be molded into a nice QB if he has weapons

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks like I might be taking a 3 months absence from the boards…might actually get some work done now…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is 10pounds finest hour ? Where is he ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell yeah! Give me some Mike Glennon baby!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie just gained back some faith from me. Any guy with a brain in his head could see the potential in Mike Glennon. Glad we didn’t throw away the best QB in the last two years draft, Mike Glennon.  Who knows if he’ll start or sit for another year, but it makes no sense to trade the guy away. Maybe the plan is to let him sit for a year and learn from actual coaches and an actual profession veteren, not that headcase Josh Freeman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

BucNY: Lovie just gained back some faith from me. Any guy with a brain in his head could see the potential in Mike Glennon. Glad we didn't throw away the best QB in the last two years draft, Mike Glennon.  Who knows if he'll start or sit for another year, but it makes no sense to trade the guy away. Maybe the plan is to let him sit for a year and learn from actual coaches and an actual profession veteren, not that headcase Josh Freeman.///////////Oh hell. Now  you've done it.  You're going to fire up the Freelovers!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wait… what?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chase might need a vacation? Poor guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chase did say he is taking a vacation lmao.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still think we draft bridgewater in the second if he’s there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“There is a place for Revis on this defense”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In denial Hate?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not sure I believe it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie did get to witness Rogers sitting on his ass for 3 years behind Favre when he was in the NFC North….Glennon is heady, a hard worker…and can make all the throws…McCown appears to be reaching his peak right now…. I do not have a problem with that if it’s the master plan as long as they keep drafting and developing weapons for those guys….better than riding the highs and lows of a 1st round pick like Freeman and realizing you have to start over 4 or 5 years down the road.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10lbbass is an immediate legend if this plays out like it looks like it might.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup…might be time for “chase” to take a vaca….maybe people will be able to spell my name correctly when I return.. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate is 100% right. Why telegraph their move when other teams will also need a QB?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We will find out fairly quickly by tomorrow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is a 0% chance Carr gets past Oakland.It's time for you all to accept Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate: "There is a place for Revis on this defense"There is a big difference in what this comment represents and calling someone the QB of the future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jimmy G/Carr will be interesting to see where they go.I heard the Bucs like Jimmy G a lot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate: "There is a place for Revis on this defense"There is a big difference in what this comment represents and calling someone the QB of the future.

And the fact that the money being paid to Revis equalled what they could get 3 players for.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jimmy G/Carr will be interesting to see where they go.I heard the Bucs like Jimmy G a lot.

they met with him at least 3 times.  has to be some interest.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But remember what they did with Evans.  Didn’t meet with him at all other than the combine and the pro day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No gloating, just glad Lovie is building the franchise with a modicum of thought and sanity.  Evans is why JFF looked so good in college and now coupled with Vjax, we have as envied a tandem of WR as anyone in the league.  I still think we may go WR in the second but I am hoping they take Joyner from FSU.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d rather waste a pick on Logan Thomas if we like Jimmy G

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No gloating, just glad Lovie is building the franchise with a modicum of thought and sanity.  Evans is why JFF looked so good in college and now coupled with Vjax, we have as envied a tandem of WR as anyone in the league.  I still think we may go WR in the second but I am hoping they take Joyner from FSU.

Screw it man, gloat all you want. I'm one of the biggest Glennon fans around here and I was even starting to accept the fact that Smith was going to sell him down the river for a bag of peanuts like Mike Will and Zuttah. L&L just bought themselves some slack from ol' BucNY for a bit. Maybe now Glennon will get the treatment and training he deserves, rather than being thrown into an angry hornets nest with no talent and an offensive scheme that entails, go deep, unless your covered, then do a post, unless that's covered, in that case do a comeback route. Not hard to understand why he would stare receivers down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Next pick is going to be double dip at wr or a guard .I think only way they coinsider QB in the 2nd is if Carr is still sitting there.Bucs smokescreened this whole board. Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe we can get Dozier in the 3rd who is not the best guard in the draft but might be the best fit for Tedford’s offense. I’m really not sure what to expect at 2nd. Maybe we load up on pass rush or grab a safety. I think we’re set at WR. We have a #1 and #2, we have several guys set to compete for the slot WR position and apparently we like our TE situation with two very similar receiving type TEs.I guess Guard wouldn't be out of the question, but I really like Dozier and I do think he'll be available later on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A good smokescreen to get Carr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Screw it man, gloat all you want. I'm one of the biggest Glennon fans around here and I was even starting to accept the fact that Smith was going to sell him down the river for a bag of peanuts like Mike Will and Zuttah. L&L just bought themselves some slack from ol' BucNY for a bit. Maybe now Glennon will get the treatment and training he deserves, rather than being thrown into an angry hornets nest with no talent and an offensive scheme that entails, go deep, unless your covered, then do a post, unless that's covered, in that case do a comeback route. Not hard to understand why he would stare receivers down.

I know some on here feel otherwise but Glennon has a ridiculously good arm.  L&L may have come to Tampa with some preconceived notions of Glennon but his natural gifts and work ethic have obviously changed their approach.  He's such a good kid it was always difficult for me to understand why others dont want to see him succeed other than most dont "like the way he looks", which is the dumbest reason ever for a male fan of football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Next pick is going to be double dip at wr or a guard .I think only way they coinsider QB in the 2nd is if Carr is still sitting there.Bucs smokescreened this whole board. Lol

That's what I'm thinking.  Lee would be incredible, though I don't think he'll slip.As to Glennon, I think he'll be groomed under McCown… and then we'll look at next year's crop.  (And I still cannot believe this board doesn't give Glennon more props for his play last year)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

(And I still cannot believe this board doesn't give Glennon more props for his play last year)

They aren't alone as the expert's don't either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They definitely would make good backups for Glennon

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea nothing wrong with drafting a 3rd stringer for now. Glennon's back-up who's Josh's back-up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

(And I still cannot believe this board doesn't give Glennon more props for his play last year)

When you say experts do you mean, message board fanboys?  I dont think anyone worth their analytical salt thinks Glennon is a bad QB. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm glad, I said all along that McCown was brought in to give Glennon time to develop properly. So far it looks like that is the plan, and I gotta say, I like it. This just restored some faith in my team that we finally are putting a good plan into place

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's simply not true.  For instance: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24257294/cosell-glennon-far-more-advanced-than-rg3-playing-nfl-qb.  IMHO, Glennon has Flacco potential.  That might not excite many, but it's fine by me.  I'd also be fine if we somehow draft a QB next year. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know some on here feel otherwise but Glennon has a ridiculously good arm.  L&L may have come to Tampa with some preconceived notions of Glennon but his natural gifts and work ethic have obviously changed their approach.  He's such a good kid it was always difficult for me to understand why others dont want to see him succeed other than most dont "like the way he looks", which is the dumbest reason ever for a male fan of football.

This ^ ! Good call, bass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea nothing wrong with drafting a 3rd stringer for now. Glennon's back-up who's Josh's back-up.

That's what I'm hoping, I figured Smith comes in, doesn't know exactly what Glennon is/does well, brings in McCown for now. This gives Lovie two years to develop Glennon and Glennon's backup, not to mention get Lovie's defense in place. (who knows, maybe Glennon's backup develops better then Glennon, and Glennon is trade bait in a year or two)It's exciting times to be a Buc fan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie Smith said, “Darrelle Revis has a place on this team.” He also said, “We won’t trade or release Mike Williams.” Lovie Lies.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's simply not true.  For instance: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24257294/cosell-glennon-far-more-advanced-than-rg3-playing-nfl-qb.  IMHO, Glennon has Flacco potential.  That might not excite many, but it's fine by me.  I'd also be fine if we somehow draft a QB next year.

ROFL Flacco potential. Freeman had that too! Now I need to head to the kitchen and get some paper towels to clean off my keyboard. Coffee everywhere!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ROFL Flacco potential. Freeman had that too! Now I need to head to the kitchen and get some paper towels to clean off my keyboard. Coffee everywhere!

Not sure why that's funny, Flacco isn't an elite qb, neither is Glennon. but if Glennon pans out to be in the "Andy Dalton, Nick Foles, Joe Flacco like" top 15-10 range of qbs, along with Lovie's defense, the Bucs will be a legitimate threat

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie Smith said, "Darrelle Revis has a place on this team." He also said, "We won't trade or release Mike Williams." Lovie Lies.

Neither one of those was a lie when you put them on a timeline.Read through the smoke.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not sure why that's funny, Flacco isn't an elite qb, neither is Glennon. but if Glennon pans out to be in the "Andy Dalton, Nick Foles, Joe Flacco like" top 15-10 range of qbs, along with Lovie's defense, the Bucs will be a legitimate threat

Sorry this isn't 2002 anymore and we don't have the #1 defense to allow that style of QB behind center. Oddly enough the Raven's don't have that type of D anymore either and Flacco looks like shit now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs need to shore up the interior if they want to stick with Glennon IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed...if they're sticking with Glennon, then they need to make sure he has time in the pocket.  I wouldn't be surprised if the next pick was OL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie Smith said, "Darrelle Revis has a place on this team." He also said, "We won't trade or release Mike Williams." Lovie Lies.

Neither one of those was a lie when you put them on a timeline.Read through the smoke.

Revis did have a place scheme wise. They cut him after he refused to rework his contract . On Mike Williams , Lovie actually only said that they won't judge him on a incident where he was the victim . Pretty sure , in the end , they judged him on his overall immaturity and lack of dedication to football as a whole

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or keep working on D to get back to the 2002 glory days when the D put up as much O as the O did. That said drafting Evan's kind of says they want a more balanced attack now with D and O both doing their job.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's a given... no matter who the QB is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only in Tampa is Glennon hated on, nationally it's not the case. To me seems like a certain radio host slammed him from the start and the sheep in Tampa followed suit.  I don't know what people expected last year either, wasn't the plan for him to play that early.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only in Tampa is Glennon hated on, nationally it's not the case. To me seems like a certain radio host slammed him from the start and the sheep in Tampa followed suit.  I don't know what people expected last year either, wasn't the plan for him to play that early.

Yea he's no Russell Wilson. I mean really what could we expect? Luck? Kaepernick? Yea I see how it's hard to expect much from Glennon given other teams experiences.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's a given... no matter who the QB is.

Teams like the Hawks and 49ers can get away with not having optimal pass protectors on their lines because of the type of QB's they have.    Having good interior guys is a must for Glennon's skill sets however in comparison and the quick hitters that Tedford emphasizes will mask and hide some of those weaknesses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea he's no Russell Wilson. I mean really what could we expect with a rookie? I'm sure the Seahawk's think the same way right?

LOL! Are you serious?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry this isn't 2002 anymore and we don't have the #1 defense to allow that style of QB behind center. Oddly enough the Raven's don't have that type of D anymore either and Flacco looks like **CENSORED** now.

I agree, but I don't doubt Lovie will have the Bucs as a consistent top 5 defense within two years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Curious how many of the Glennon haters were Freepologists? wondering if the hate for a decent 3rd round pick is intensified because Freeman self imploded. Glennon is no P Manning, but he isn't Christian Ponder either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In denial Hate?

Yup. Hearing that killed my high last night. There is nothing to love about Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry this isn't 2002 anymore and we don't have the #1 defense to allow that style of QB behind center. Oddly enough the Raven's don't have that type of D anymore either and Flacco looks like **CENSORED** now.

I agree, but I don't doubt Lovie will have the Bucs as a consistent top 5 defense within two years.

And maybe the plan is Josh for 2 years until the D is up to speed so they can take the load off the O so Glennon is good enough to make the play-offs. If they are resting their hat on Glennon the offensive has a set ceiling so the defense needs to improve a ton for the team to succeed. I think the key to it is if we can develop a QB . The team has NEVER done that before so it will be a first if they can. Is Tedford the guy would will break the cycle? We'll see!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know some on here feel otherwise but Glennon has a ridiculously good arm.

Ridiculously good?It's his lack of athletism that leaves me wanting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In denial Hate?

Yup. Hearing that killed my high last night. There is nothing to love about Glennon.

I feel ya Hate, your eyes tell you there is a lot of "it" missing when it comes to Glennon. I can respect your love of the Bucs.  I had the same situation when Freeman was the qb, I never saw much from him when he was here, except for a handful of games his first year.For all our sakes, hopefully the next 5 years turn out better than the last 5 years, and we return to a playoff winning football team

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon might have Flacco potential the problem with Flacco is you recall the Ravens were close to not re-signing him until he went crazy in the playoffs for 4 games and this year he reverted to who is normally is. Now, maybe given the recent history of guys like Flacco and Eli being just slightly better than not good enough and then putting on the cape in the playoffs that is what you are hoping Glennon can do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Glennon year two is going to be our starter by the 5th game.  Mike Glennon surprised me quite a bit and had he started the entire season would have easily won ROY awards.  Mike Evans was the best choice for the Bucs! 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And maybe the plan is Josh for 2 years until the D is up to speed so they can take the load off the O so Glennon is good enough to make the play-offs. If they are resting their hat on Glennon the offensive has a set ceiling so the defense needs to improve a ton for the team to succeed.

We don't know that for certain though. Maybe Tedford takes advantage of Glennon's skill set, and Glennon becomes a truly solid qb. On the flip side, Glennon could easily become the next in a long line of failed for whatever reason Buc qb's (Freeman, Simms, Gradkowski)It's exciting times to be a Buc fan though. We get to see if McCown continues his magic with two big receivers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If that’s the case Lovie then you haven’t truly learned your lesson from Chicago that got you fired. McCown is a talented back-up and a stop gap starter. Beacker will never be a stud QB. He’s basically a McCown clone. If the Bucs don’t select a QB this year they damn well better next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who are the potential QB’s in next years draft?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Glennon year two is going to be our starter by the 5th game.  Mike Glennon surprised me quite a bit and had he started the entire season would have easily won ROY awards.  Mike Evans was the best choice for the Bucs!

If Glennon is the QB of the future then he should be playing by year 2 truthfully. If the theory is he needs "seasoning" for 2 more years then I really question what sort of future awaits us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea he's no Russell Wilson. I mean really what could we expect? Luck? Kaepernick? Yea I see how it's hard to expect much from Glennon given other teams experiences.

Luck is cut from a different cloth than most- that's why he is considered "once in a generation".  However, if you put Wilson or Kap in the exact same situation Glennon was in last year as rookies I firmly believe they both sh1t the bed.  Glennon didn't.  He isn't as athletic as either or them, but he is better in the pocket than both of them.  I am perfectly content (have posted as much many times) moving forward with Glennon.

Please wait…

• dabucfan

Participant

another 4-12 season is what future awaits us.  can’t believe the love a slug like glennon is getting. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wilson is a better pocket passer than Glennon so I disagree.  Glennon may be better for allowing a play to develop and delivering the ball but Glennon’s pocket presence needs work as evidenced by how much he was sacked.  That was obviously a product of the scheme as well as him being a rookie but that is undeniable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Luck is cut from a different cloth than most- that's why he is considered "once in a generation".  However, if you put Wilson or Kap in the exact same situation Glennon was in last year as rookies I firmly believe they both sh1t the bed.  Glennon didn't.  He isn't as athletic as either or them, but he is better in the pocket than both of them.  I am perfectly content (have posted as much many times) moving forward with Glennon.

This guy?http://notsportscenter.com/glennonoopslol/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, but look what Seattle's defense did the best pocket passer in the Super Bowl.  The game is changing towards more mobile QBs.  I'm not saying they need to get a "running" QB, but they need someone more mobile than Glennon.  Hell, even McCown is more mobile than Glennon.  Would make sense to get one this year.  My hope is they get either Carr or Jimmy G tonight and trade Glennon for a 3rd or 4th. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, but look what Seattle's defense did the best pocket passer in the Super Bowl.  The game is changing towards more mobile QBs.  I'm not saying they need to get a "running" QB, but they need someone more mobile than Glennon.  Hell, even McCown is more mobile than Glennon.  Would make sense to get one this year.  My hope is they get either Carr or Jimmy G tonight and trade Glennon for a 3rd or 4th.

Glennon and the Buc's Oline are far better then Denver's!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hmmmm… Let’s see, Russell Wilson has the number one rushing attack and is playing behind the number one defense. Let’s compare him to Glennon, they are basically in the same situation. Brilliant!And for what it's worth, their rookie numbers are not that far off with Glennon only starting 12 games last year...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hmmmm... Let's see, Russell Wilson has the number one rushing attack and is playing behind the number one defense. Let's compare him to Glennon, they are basically in the same situation. Brilliant!And for what it's worth, their rookie numbers are not that far off with Glennon only starting 12 games last year...

Let's ignore the W's too. The best stats in the world don't matter if you can't post a W. Brilliant!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some people have been suckered in by Lovie Smith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hmmmm... Let's see, Russell Wilson has the number one rushing attack and is playing behind the number one defense. Let's compare him to Glennon, they are basically in the same situation. Brilliant!And for what it's worth, their rookie numbers are not that far off with Glennon only starting 12 games last year...

I am not a Wilson fan as you pointed as  he had a lot handed to him on a silver platter.  But he did play behind a shoddy offensive line and still was a productive QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon absolutely loses his shizz on 3rd down and anytime the team is in the Red Zone. He doesn't have the balls it takes to be an NFL QB and never will.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's ignore the W's too. The best stats in the world don't matter if you can't post a W. Brilliant!

Yea you are not grasping my point. Glennon would of had a lot of W's also playing with Seattle's D and rushing attack.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

November.  Look it up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok…. I just heard the clip and now I’m even more annoyed. "I feel our qb situation is as strong as any I've been around"Damn!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure. How many QBs of the future start 13 games and then take a break for a year or two?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

package second rounder and Glennon to move up to get Carr….or wait for Murray in the 3rd

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok.... I just heard the clip and now I'm even more annoyed. "I feel our qb situation is as strong as any I've been around"Damn!!

Last years rookie put up 19TDs to 9 ints on a pathetic offense under pathetic coaches. The other QB on our roster put up 13TD and 1 int in his limited time playing last season.  And you think we should have used a first round pick this year to replace one of them instead of actually making the team better?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can hide some of Glennon’s flaws but he has to improve some other areas IMVHO.  I don’t know if McCown playing the next year or two will help Glennon or not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the key to it is if we can develop a QB . The team has NEVER done that before so it will be a first if they can. Is Tedford the guy would will break the cycle? We'll see!

I think that's a good question.  I was hoping we'd trade back into the first and snag Teddy because of his efficiency.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was not the draft class to invest in a future franchise QB and thank god Lovie and Lichte are smarter than most people here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This team needs draft picks, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Glennon go for a second or third and let Tedford groom a new guy to his liking. That said, if the offers are not there, they may pass. Two stud beefaloes will be drafted, plus some FA pick ups before training for the OLine. Ithink the Bucs will be busy after the draft also.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

wow, Lovie stirred up the message board better then Java ever could.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess we’ll know for sure tonight. I for one am prepping my crow :(Though if Lovie/Licht/Tedford all really think Glennon is the future then I guess I should be feeling positively haha.I will say if we're sticking with these 2 QBs then lets double dip at WR tonight and nab a starting G. Give them every opportunity to be successful.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m confused though… Lovie “loves, loves, loves” Manziel but only “loves” Glennon. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was not the draft class to invest in a future franchise QB and thank god Lovie and Lichte are smarter than most people here.

Not a fan of next years draft class.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure. How many QBs of the future start 13 games and then take a break for a year or two?

Better question would be how many QBs bust because they were forced to play to early?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok.... I just heard the clip and now I'm even more annoyed. "I feel our qb situation is as strong as any I've been around"Damn!!

Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Next year’s projected first round QB’s crop: Mariota, Winston, Petty and Hundley.  Arguably all of them are better than this year’s crop. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Next year's projected first round QB's crop: Mariota, Winston, Petty and Hundley.  Arguably all of them are better than this year's crop.

Don't like Hundley or Winston in the pro game.Mariota and Petty I do like.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You must be new here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You need to study the way successful franchises are built.  You dont just bring in a QB and have all of your problems solved.  More often then not, even in the QB era we are in, it starts and ends with defense. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Next year's projected first round QB's crop: Mariota, Winston, Petty and Hundley.  Arguably all of them are better than this year's crop.

Braxton Miller, Trevor Knight, Sean Mannion, and Shane Carden are sleepers as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't like Hundley or Winston in the pro game.Mariota and Petty I do like.

I hear you.  Who did/do you like this year again?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Braxton Miller, Trevor Knight, Sean Mannion, and Shane Carden are sleepers as well.

Trevor Knight  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very happy with the pick and then the news that Glennon has a shot here. I like Glennon. For me, it was like having two picks last night. I am enjoying the feeling that the guys steering this ship are well qualified. -Nice to relax as a fan :)Go Bucs!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trevor Knight  ;D

If he plays like he did in that Bama game next year, he'll have his name called in the 1st round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, but look what Seattle's defense did the best pocket passer in the Super Bowl.  The game is changing towards more mobile QBs.  I'm not saying they need to get a "running" QB, but they need someone more mobile than Glennon.  Hell, even McCown is more mobile than Glennon.  Would make sense to get one this year.  My hope is they get either Carr or Jimmy G tonight and trade Glennon for a 3rd or 4th. ]The game is never changing to mobile QBs.  Watch football, dont listen to analysts.  While athleticism is preferred it's much better to have a QB with pocket presence.  It's why Manziel will need two years of learning before he is really ready to play.  It's why he couldn't be our choice at #7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you think you know more than Lovie, you are out of your mind. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you think you know more than Lovie, you are out of your mind.

He never had a mind in the first place.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You must be new here.

Forgot the blue font to a certain extent.13 years, and  pretty much most of Java's (possibly now 10lbbass) rants are right up there with traffic generating posts of "the Emanuel catch", "Fire Dungy", "We got Gruden", "Superbowl Baby", "Simms Sux", "Gruden Fired", "Raheem being Yungry", "Freeman Sux" "Fire Gap Tooth", and "Glennon Sux". But if Lovie sticks with Glennon, I can see another epic thread happening.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am perfectly fine with Glennon getting a legitimate shot, he certainly earned that after last year, but are the hard core Glennon lovers really saying that its impossible Lovie was posturing?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So the new trendy thing the cool kids in high school are doing is drafting mobile QB’s? How many SB’s have the new trendy style QB won this last decade? Manning, Manning, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Flacco …….Yeah I guess you clowns are right, the only way to win a SB now is to have a Wilson/Collin K clone. Pathetic fans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@Edwerderespn: #Bucs source tells me team values Mike Glennon and has no plans to trade the second-year QB who played well as part-time starter

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am perfectly fine with Glennon getting a legitimate shot, he certainly earned that after last year, but are the hard core Glennon lovers really saying that its impossible Lovie was posturing?

Not at all.  It's already the future, and they could pick a QB tonight... I just doubt they will.  Too many needs, not enough draft picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So the new trendy thing the cool kids in high school are doing is drafting mobile QB's? How many SB's have the new trendy style QB won this last decade? Manning, Manning, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Flacco .......Yeah I guess you clowns are right, the only way to win a SB now is to have a Wilson/Collin K clone. Pathetic fans.

I wouldn't argue that those guys are no good, I'd argue that it's the rule changes in the league that will eventually push for a switch to quicker qb's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@Edwerderespn: #Bucs source tells me team values Mike Glennon and has no plans to trade the second-year QB who played well as part-time starter

Fans mad

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's a solid backup. I just hope they draft a starter sometime in the next year or two because Josh isn't going to work that long.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, but look what Seattle's defense did the best pocket passer in the Super Bowl.  The game is changing towards more mobile QBs.  I'm not saying they need to get a "running" QB, but they need someone more mobile than Glennon.  Hell, even McCown is more mobile than Glennon.  Would make sense to get one this year.  My hope is they get either Carr or Jimmy G tonight and trade Glennon for a 3rd or 4th. ]The game is never changing to mobile QBs.  Watch football, dont listen to analysts.  While athleticism is preferred it's much better to have a QB with pocket presence.  It's why Manziel will need two years of learning before he is really ready to play.  It's why he couldn't be our choice at #7.

I do watch football.  I watched a mobile QB who moves the pocket where he wants it to be win the Super Bowl, and the traditional pocket QB get rattled and destroyed.  I watched 3 QBs who are known for not just their arm but ability to move outside the pocket be taken in the first round.  I watched where NO running back was taken at all in the first round because teams are changing toward a passing game and QBs as running threats when needed.  Glennon is not that threat and never will be.  Hell, he can't even roll left. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the only way to win a SB now is to have a Wilson/Collin K clone. Pathetic fans.

1. does anyone actually say that is the ONLY way?2. you're mocking people for looking at the top QBs .. . in a copy cat league . . .on a team that created the "Tampa-2"  . . . a defense copied all across the league in its day?I actually agree with the point that the mobile qb is NOT the only way to win, but "pathetic fans"?  I don't think there are many that even say #1, but #2 is just what "fans" and even "teams" do, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They need to put aside their hatred for Schiano and understand that we are building something here long term.  I never understood why people thought we need to have some speedster QB to run Tedford’s offense.  Both McCown and Glennon have mobility.  Our offense is going to be very productive.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wasn’t on the Glennon wagon but I’m not mad. They know better than me and if they legitimately do believe he’s our QB of the future then that actually eases my mind. We shall see, though. Now let’s grab Lee/Bitonio/XSF/Asj/Amaro and give our QBs a real shot!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do watch football.  I watched a mobile QB who moves the pocket where he wants it to be win the Super Bowl, and the traditional pocket QB get rattled and destroyed.  I watched 3 QBs who are known for not just their arm but ability to move outside the pocket be taken in the first round.  I watched where NO running back was taken at all in the first round because teams are changing toward a passing game and QBs as running threats when needed.  Glennon is not that threat and never will be.  Hell, he can't even roll left.

People are staying away from RB not because they are not valued but because they only have a 3 year shelf life.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’ll get to see Manziel and Bridgewater this season first hand. Well provided they start. :p

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m already seeing that Mike Evans isn’t a fit for Tedford’s system… pathetic fans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People are staying away from RB not because they are not valued but because they only have a 3 year shelf life.

Unless your name ends with Peterson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless your name ends with Peterson.

Solid point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know some on here feel otherwise but Glennon has a ridiculously good arm.

Ridiculously good?It's his lack of athletism that leaves me wanting.

Yeah, "ridiculously good" is a stretch. I've said before - I'd be ecstatic if Mike Glennon ended up being a great QB. I'm frustrated by certain Bucs, but I don't hate any of them. There are a lot of things I like about Glennon - but I also think he's ultimately limited.  My thinking on Glennon's status with the team has never been based on what I thought about his potential, it's always been based on the evidence as I saw it coming from the Bucs' themselves - McCown, "athleticism" comments, etc. Right now, the evidence is changed. Kudos to 10lb Bass and Calico.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So the new trendy thing the cool kids in high school are doing is drafting mobile QB's? How many SB's have the new trendy style QB won this last decade? Manning, Manning, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Flacco .......Yeah I guess you clowns are right, the only way to win a SB now is to have a Wilson/Collin K clone. Pathetic fans.

Pathetic.....because i don't like Glennon? Pathetic....because i don't wanna settle for mediocre?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be fine with us sticking with Glennon. I’m curious to see what the kid can do with good coaching and some talent around him. That said, I wouldn’t shocked if today is his last day in Tampa. For months, the Bucs have been very cryptic with their stance on Glennon. They haven’t committed. They brought pretty much all of the QBs in for visits. All indicators pointed to them drafting a QB….possibly in the first round. They pretty much had their pick of the QB they wanted (Bortles excluded) and passed for Evans. It’s almost as if they wanted a team to trade ahead of them just to ensure that Evans would be there at 7. Now, Lovie comes out with new statements; “Glennon is our QB of the future…..why would we draft another QB?” etc. Is it just me is does it seem like he is going out of his way to send the message that we aren’t interested in drafting a QB? Almost feels like they are donig the reverse of what they did leading up to the draft. Like they want teams below them feeling comfortable in the assumption that they aren’t going to draft a QB….almost ensuring that the QB they want will still be there because teams won’t feel the need to leap frog them. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see them jump on Carr if he is there with their next pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL…Glennon’s future is on another team….The Bucs will be drating a QB soon...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL...Glennon's future is on another team....The Buc will be drating a QB soon...

They might not this year but they will have too soon. I'd love to see Glennon mature into a good starter but I can't realistically see him as anything more then a backup. That leaves a hole at QB for us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do watch football.  I watched a mobile QB who moves the pocket where he wants it to be win the Super Bowl, and the traditional pocket QB get rattled and destroyed.

If you think the difference in that game was a mobile vs non-mobile QB, you must not actually watch any football. Russell Wilson is the exception, not the rule. Russell Wilson works well because he has an amazing defense that limits the # of plays he needs to make every day to win. He is functional in the pocket and on the run but the important factor is that he's functional in the pocket. Scramblers don't work if they fail hard in the pocket. He is the best pocket passer of the "new age" athletic QB which is why he works.If you think JFF is anything like Wilson, you're lost bro.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon gets to throw the same number of passes that Wilson or Kaepernick throws per game… he’ll be fine.  I wouldn’t crown him. But, I wouldn’t put a target on his back, either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pathetic.....because i don't like Glennon? Pathetic....because i don't wanna settle for mediocre?

What exactly were you looking for. Apparently the rest of the NFL deemed this years QB class mediocre. Bucs werent going to waste a prime pick trying to force the future franchise QB to be a guy from this years draft class.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When Ive said that they could search for a future QB next year if they felt they wanted to, peoples argument was always “they wont be picking in the top 10 next year.” Well that argument came crashing down last night as no QB in the entire draft class went below 20 except for Bortles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon gets to throw the same number of passes that Wilson or Kaepernick throws per game... he'll be fine.  I wouldn't crown him. But, I wouldn't put a target on his back, either.

Those guys move the chains though with their limited opportunities.  Glennon isn't in that class IMO so you have to give Glennon capable interior pass pro.That is why Joseph/Zuttah are gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon is the QB of the future then he should be playing by year 2 truthfully. If the theory is he needs "seasoning" for 2 more years then I really question what sort of future awaits us.

Ya, thats the thing that doesn’t connect for me.He's already played most of a season, he now has the offseason and should be better in year 2, but he won't be good enough by then? A lot of time between now and game 1, so we'll see

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon gets to throw the same number of passes that Wilson or Kaepernick throws per game... he'll be fine.  I wouldn't crown him. But, I wouldn't put a target on his back, either.

That's not true at all because Wilson and Kaepernick are much more productive with every pass they throw. In 13 games Glennon actually threw more passes than Wilson and the exact amount as Kaepernick yet he threw for 600 fewer yards than Kaepernick and over 700 less than Wilson. Glennon doesn't get nearly as many big plays as they do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When Ive said that they could search for a future QB next year if they felt they wanted to, peoples argument was always "they wont be picking in the top 10 next year." Well that argument came crashing down last night as no QB in the entire draft class went below 20 except for Bortles.

well, that and you can always over pay a trade

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ya, thats the thing that doesn't connect for me.He's already played most of a season, he now has the offseason and should be better in year 2, but he won't be good enough by then? A lot of time between now and game 1, so we'll see

Exactly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not high on Glennon but people seem to forget he was a rookie that didn’t get enough reps throughout camp. Also he was missing Mike Williams and Doug Martin plus a crumbled “Great Wall”. It’s not a ideal situation for a young QB to be in not to mention the guy calling the plays who was outed in NY for similar issues. I say we develop him and maybe he can show enough in pre-season to be traded.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any truth to the rumor that the Bucs passed out gas masks just before Lovie made his statement about Glennon? Something about too much smoke in the room!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What exactly were you looking for. Apparently the rest of the NFL deemed this years QB class mediocre. Bucs werent going to waste a prime pick trying to force the future franchise QB to be a guy from this years draft class.

I don't care much for what everyone else thinks.....i prefer to think for myself. I'm kind of my own man that way!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s always 2015 to pick up a QB if Glennon doesnt pan out. Hopefully, McCown will play well enough to continue starting in 2015, leaving a full year for the new QB to learn the ropes.

Please wait…

• ruodrik

Participant

I like Glennon working with McCown and developing.  I think Glennon has a high ceiling and was disappointed to hear trade rumors.  I don’t see the weak arm.  I see controlled throws over 60 yards in air in this film. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeDzn78MiYg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not high on Glennon but people seem to forget he was a rookie that didn't get enough reps throughout camp.

Actually if you recall he got a ton of reps in camp because Rutgers was preparing for just the situation that happened.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fans were angered by the previous regime so everything they did was trash.  Glennon is a work in progress that has tremendous upside given his accuracy.  Accuracy is something that is hard to improve upon but offensive schemes are something that a QB can get better at with hard work.  Glennon is going to be very good, very soon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not high on Glennon but people seem to forget he was a rookie that didn't get enough reps throughout camp.

Actually if you recall he got a ton of reps in camp because Rutgers was preparing for just the situation that happened.

Don't go bursting his bubble like that. He actually believed what he was saying! :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman took 1st string reps...IIRC

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon or no Glennon, this new trendy theme that only the Russell Wilson’s/Kapernick’s/Manziel’s type at QB will win you a SB is pathetic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fans were angered by the previous regime so everything they did was trash.  Glennon is a work in progress that has tremendous upside given his accuracy.  Accuracy is something that is hard to improve upon but offensive schemes are something that a QB can get better at with hard work.  Glennon is going to be very good, very soon.

Starting by week 5 and launching the Buc's into the play-offs this year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thrown into a shit situation last year that he never had a chance with IMO and he did ok. Im not in any way opposed to seeing him develop unless they simply dont feel he is a fit in their system..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thrown into a **CENSORED** situation last year that he never had a chance with IMO and he did ok. Im not in any way opposed to seeing him develop unless they simply dont feel he is a fit in their system..

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Additionally, he played best the first half of the season. From his second start until his seventh, he posted a passer rating of 103.4. From his eighth start until the end of the season, he posted a 68.6. He got worse as the season went on. Supposed lack of preseason reps had no effect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't care much for what everyone else thinks.....i prefer to think for myself. I'm kind of my own man that way!!

Can’t be your own man if your going with the trendy thinking. When was the last time a Manziel or Wilson type QB won  SB previous to 2013? Never is the answer I believe. Wilson only won because of that defense. Wilson is a very good QB, he’ll never be able to carry a team on his back. Just like all the people who wet their pants over Vick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thrown into a **CENSORED** situation last year that he never had a chance with IMO and he did ok. Im not in any way opposed to seeing him develop unless they simply dont feel he is a fit in their system..

His play wasn't terrible but he couldn't get W's. Can we expect if he puts up similar numbers in the future to get similar W's production? At the end of the day W's trump stats. I'm not interested in being paper champs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was #26 in completion percentage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No matter what you think of Glennon, even if you think that he’s going to be a Pro Bowl QB in the future, there’s no way anybody can believe that Lovie believes that.  Glennon has 3 years left on his contract.  They signed a FA QB and named him the starter.  If someone is the QB of the future, that doesn’t happen.  This is classic coachspeak.  It doesn’t mean that Glennon sucks, but anyone who believes that he’s safe and that they’re building the team around him is crazy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His play wasn't terrible but he couldn't get W's. Can we expect if he puts up similar numbers in the future to get similar W's production? At the end of the day W's trump stats. I'm not interested in being paper champs.

You're one those guys that thinks a team wins with a QB and 21 guys chosen at random out in the parking lot aren't you?  It all makes sense now.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're one those guys that thinks a team wins with a QB and 21 guys chosen at random out in the parking lot aren't you?  It all makes sense now.....

I am? Damn thanks for letting me know what I think. I wasn't capable of doing that myself and asking would have been too much right?  It all makes sense now..... noob posters *facepalm*

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Close to 60% as a rookie with that offensive cast is not horrible.  If he improves 5% with another receiver of worth to flank Vjax then he should improve.  Plus Tedford's system is more QB friendly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This bickering makes no sense because we find out a lot about what they think about Glennon tonight IMO.Carr, Jimmy G, McCarron, Murry, and Mettenberger  are all still on the board.Bucs don't take a flyer on any of these guys it is clear that they are happy with the status quo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Close to 60% as a rookie with that offensive cast is not horrible.  If he improves 5% with another receiver of worth to flank Vjax then he should improve.  Plus Tedford's system is more QB friendly.

If that's what you want to believe, that's your opinion, but calling his accuracy "tremendous" could not be much more inaccurate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This bickering makes no sense because we find out a lot about what they think about Glennon tonight IMO.Carr, Jimmy G, McCarron, Murry, and Mettenberger  are all still on the board.Bucs don't take a flyer on any of these guys it is clear that they are happy with the status quo.

We sure will see their direction start to unfold tonight then more tomorrow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Happy with status quo doesn't mean Glennon is the QB of the future though.  It could easily mean that they believe McCown is the QB of the future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or it could simply mean that they are content with rolling with McCown for the next year or two until they find their guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not a Glennon hater or a Glennon lover. I do know Lovie’s history with QBs and so I’m apprehensive, but what else can you do? The kid showed some good things last year as a rookie in a strange scheme with limited talent around him. Why not give him a shot?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It means they are waiting for the Viking to release Ponder!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or it could simply mean that they are content with rolling with McCown for the next year or two until they find their guy.

And truth be told they might think they can get a few years out of him. If he continues to play well.. then why not?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what accuracy? Below are the QBs that completed over 60% of their passes last year. Glennon is noticeably absent.1 Philip Rivers, QB SD 2 Drew Brees, QB NO 3 Peyton Manning, QB DEN 4 Matt Ryan, QB ATL 5 Aaron Rodgers, QB GB 6 Josh McCown, QB CHI 7 Ben Roethlisberger, QB PIT8 Nick Foles, QB PHI 9 Tony Romo, QB DAL 10 Christian Ponder, QB MIN 11 Carson Palmer, QB ARI 12 Russell Wilson, QB SEA  13 Jay Cutler, QB CHI 14 Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB TEN  15 Andy Dalton, QB CIN  16 Cam Newton, QB CAR  17 Matt Schaub, QB HOU  18 Sam Bradford, QB STL 19 Chad Henne, QB JAX  20 Alex Smith, QB KC  21 Tom Brady, QB NE  22 Ryan Tannehill, QB MIA 23 Matt Cassel, QB MIN  24 Andrew Luck, QB IND 25 Robert Griffin III, QB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what accuracy? Below are the QBs that completed over 60% of their passes last year. Glennon is noticeably absent.1 Philip Rivers, QB SD 2 Drew Brees, QB NO 3 Peyton Manning, QB DEN 4 Matt Ryan, QB ATL 5 Aaron Rodgers, QB GB 6 Josh McCown, QB CHI 7 Ben Roethlisberger, QB PIT8 Nick Foles, QB PHI 9 Tony Romo, QB DAL 10 Christian Ponder, QB MIN 11 Carson Palmer, QB ARI 12 Russell Wilson, QB SEA  13 Jay Cutler, QB CHI 14 Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB TEN  15 Andy Dalton, QB CIN  16 Cam Newton, QB CAR  17 Matt Schaub, QB HOU  18 Sam Bradford, QB STL 19 Chad Henne, QB JAX  20 Alex Smith, QB KC  21 Tom Brady, QB NE  22 Ryan Tannehill, QB MIA 23 Matt Cassel, QB MIN  24 Andrew Luck, QB IND 25 Robert Griffin III, QB

GOGOGOGO Ponder! Show Glennon how it's done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate, c;mon man do you really think its that simple? You look at that and go “hey Glennon is not on there so he sucks” and not care remotely about the situation he is? I mean you can argue with 10lbbass all you want but guess who’s side Lovie and Lichte are on? but your probably still right. number 1 on that list is Rivers who you spent like 2 pages of thread argruing with me over because again you were blinded by the situation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is nothing to indicate that Mike Glennon’s accuracy will dramatically improve.  His accuracy is why he was available in the third round.  His accuracy actually dipped below 60% in college.  If you think he’s good, it shouldn’t be because you think he’ll suddenly become an accurate QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate, c;mon man do you really think its that simple? You look at that and go "hey Glennon is not on there so he sucks" and not care remotely about the situation he is? I mean you can argue with 10lbbass all you want but guess who's side Lovie and Lichte are on? but your probably still right. number 1 on that list is Rivers who you spent like 2 pages of thread argruing with me over because again you were blinded by the situation.

Pretty sure it's McCown's side.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does PR pay Lovie for the uptick in traffic? Why else would the guy say that about Glennon?!?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate, c;mon man do you really think its that simple? You look at that and go "hey Glennon is not on there so he sucks" and not care remotely about the situation he is? I mean you can argue with 10lbbass all you want but guess who's side Lovie and Lichte are on? but your probably still right. number 1 on that list is Rivers who you spent like 2 pages of thread argruing with me over because again you were blinded by the situation.

Theyre definitley on McCowns side. but 10lb isnt saying Glennon is the greatest QB ever, hes just saying he showed more than enough promise that ditching him before this season would be dumb. Hate is pretty much saying Glennon isnt good. If lovie or Lichte thought Glennon isnt good and has little chance to be good, we would have picked a QB in the first two rounds. Round one is over, one more to go to see what Lovie and Lichte really think of Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think Glennon is or will be a guy where you win because of him. You can probably win with him, though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evan Silva ?@evansilva  1hESPN's Ed Werder on QB trade speculation: "I'm told Mike Glennon & Ryan Mallett are not available."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If lovie or Lichte thought Glennon isnt good and has little chance to be good, we would have picked a QB in the first two rounds. Round one is over, one more to go to see what Lovie and Lichte really think of Glennon.

Why? Josh is the starter so they have time to find their long term solution. Keeping Glennon just means he's a cheap backup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That list was posted to dispute the claim that he is "tremendously accurate".Personally typing, i don't need to list anything to backup my feelings on Glennon....as my eyes tell me all i need to see. As a Buc fan, i just want better.....and i don't believe he's the guy to provide it. Nothing posted here will change my mind on that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Theyre definitley on McCowns side. but 10lb isnt saying Glennon is the greatest QB ever, hes just saying he showed more than enough promise that ditching him before this season would be dumb. Hate is pretty much saying Glennon isnt good. If lovie or Lichte thought Glennon isnt good and has little chance to be good, we would have picked a QB in the first two rounds. Round one is over, one more to go to see what Lovie and Lichte really think of Glennon.

Not necessarily true. Could have been that there was no interest in trading for Glennon. Could have also been that Lovie and Co. weren't 100% sold on any of the QB's that were drafted last night. 10lbbass thinks Glennon is our future and I think he's not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While I agree with the sentiment of disagreeing that Glennon is "tremendously accurate"...completion rate is hardly a good tool to show accuracy.Many things contribute to completions/incompletions. QBs throwing the ball away to avoid a sack is usually looked at as a positive play. That certainly doesn't help completion %. Playing from behind and taking chances in tight coverage also can negatively affect this %. There are so many factors, and not every QB sees a level playing field. It varies team to team, QB to QB, system to system, scheme to scheme.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some people bag on Glennon like he’s going in to his 5th year and had everything he needed to succeed laid out right in front of him but still doesn’t get it.They can't accept the fact that he was a rookie that was in a horrible situation between coaching, scheme, and injuries.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some people bag on Glennon like he's going in to his 5th year and had everything he needed to succeed laid out right in front of him but still doesn't get it.They can't accept the fact that he was a rookie that was in a horrible situation between coaching, scheme, and injuries.

Others use that as a crutch to justify why mediocrity is OK. What will next years excuse be?!?!?! New system? New WR? Bad Oline? Other teams too good? Sun was in his eyes? The ball was wet?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some people bag on Glennon like he's going in to his 5th year and had everything he needed to succeed laid out right in front of him but still doesn't get it.They can't accept the fact that he was a rookie that was in a horrible situation between coaching, scheme, and injuries.

Not cute enough. Not "media friendly". Doesn't run around like a chicken with it's head dangling by it's spinal cord. Doesn't look like an elite QB. Replaced our franchise jewel MDMA Freeman. Struggled with the glamorous deep ball.Feel free to add more...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't just randomly post about how much Glennon sucks just for the fun of it. I merely respond with statistical evidence why he sucks, refuting others who post how great he is based on inaccurate information. And once again, it certainly appears Lovie and Licht feel comfortable blaming him for being bad since they brought in someone else to replace him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Others use that as a crutch to justify why mediocrity is OK.

Changes were made. They aren't going to back with the exact same thing expecting a better result. I'll wait to see what he does with the chance he has now instead of throwing stones at him for him for not winning us 8-10 games in his rookie year despite the garbage he had to deal with.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't just randomly post about how much Glennon sucks just for the fun of it. I merely respond with statistical evidence why he sucks, refuting others who post how great he is based on inaccurate information. And once again, it certainly appears Lovie and Licht feel comfortable blaming him for being bad since they brought in someone else to replace him.

Exactly...its not like they'll be competing for the starting gig.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can buy the low completion % since it was Sullivan’s offense but….Where are the big YPA numbers through the air that Sullivan's offense is known for?And why did Glennon take so many sacks? I think Glennon taking sacks because of the nature of Sullivan's offense has merit and the fact that Zuttah/Joseph were mediocre/below average.  But what can't be explained away is the YPA.Best answer I can come up with the lack of weapons last year IMO but it isn't an explanation I am satisfied with.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea it doesn’t matter if we draft a QB this year or next year or keep Glennon none of them are starting while Josh is here unless he blows it royally.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am on the fence about Glennon, but a new head coach bringing in his veteran QB to start over a rookie 3rd round QB = head coach thinks rookie QB is "bad"?? At best all that means is they are not  yet sold he is great and all things being equal a new HC is going to go with  his own veteran over a rookie and his guy over some other coach's guy etc.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie also just named him the QB of the future , FRG.Don't be mad , bro.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He didn't name him future 'starting' QB either. Just a future QB. Don't be mad bro. You're just reading the cards wrong!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am on the fence about Glennon, but a new head coach bringing in his veteran QB to start over a rookie 3rd round QB = head coach thinks rookie QB is "bad"?? At best all that means is they are not  yet sold he is great and all things being equal a new HC is going to go his own veteran over rookie and his guy over some other coach's guy etc.

Of course it means they're not sold yet. If Chuck Pagano got fired tomorrow, the new coach wouldn't bring in Matt Cassell to start so he could further develop Andrew Luck while he holds a clip board. The new coach would say, "Holy crap I just hit the jackpot I get to coach Andrew Luck!!!!!!!"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Putting aside what one thinks about Glennon, the best thing for PR would be for us to trade up and take Carr tonight . . .  . well, as long as the board could handle all the “I told you so” and “that’s bs” traffic!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll believe it when I see it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe Lovie said what he did because some of you all are saying what you’re saying?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am on the fence about Glennon, but a new head coach bringing in his veteran QB to start over a rookie 3rd round QB = head coach thinks rookie QB is "bad"?? At best all that means is they are not  yet sold he is great and all things being equal a new HC is going to go his own veteran over rookie and his guy over some other coach's guy etc.

Of course it means they're not sold yet. If Chuck Pagano got fired tomorrow, the new coach wouldn't bring in Matt Cassell to start so he could further develop Andrew Luck while he holds a clip board. The new coach would say, "Holy crap I just hit the jackpot I get to coach Andrew Luck!!!!!!!"

Question, does it really mean that Glennon is bad, or could it possibly mean that he just isn't ready?  The real question is not how he played last year, but how well the team thinks he can play in the future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No you'll just move the goalposts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FRG, you first suggested Lovie bringing in McCown was proof that Lovie thought McCown was "bad." That's probably overstating things, which is I guess why you switched to "not sold yet," but what's up with comparing Pagano/Luck to Schiano/Glennon?  Luck is a supposed once in a generation QB . . . . . I am sure Lovie does NOT think Glennon is Luck . . . just as sure as water is wet . . .  so what was your point? Glennon is no Luck?  Yeah, so .. .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I truly believe Glennon has as much potential or more than any QB left we could draft. So why bother ?I think L&L agree.  We'll see tonight.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Question, does it really mean that Glennon is bad, or could it possibly mean that he just isn't ready?  The real question is not how he played last year, but how well the team thinks he can play in the future.

Of course. Frankly, I don't care to get into a discussion of whether Glennon is good, mediocre, bad, or what, all that matters is whether he is good enough, and by all appearances, he's not good enough for Lovie and Licht.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I truly believe Glennon has as much potential or more than any QB left we could draft. So why bother ?I think L&L agree.  We'll see tonight.

I agree with this to a point. I think in 5 years, Carr will be seen as "better" than Glennon, but I do think there is plenty of evidence to reasonably believe that Glennon has a lot of untapped potential.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course. Frankly, I don't care to get into a discussion of whether Glennon is good, mediocre, bad, or what, all that matters is whether he is good enough, and by all appearances, he's not good enough for Lovie and Licht.

Which appearance? The one where they bought in McCown or the one where they state Glennon is the future of the team?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you may be right and I wouldn't be surprised if Lovie was posturing but that is a funny conclusion to come up with now when you consider they did not draft a QB in the first round and Lovie said he's the QB of the future . .  I mean those are "appearances" too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FRG, you first suggested Lovie bringing in McCown was proof that Lovie thought McCown was "bad." That's probably overstating things, which is I guess why you switched to "not sold yet," but what's up with comparing Pagano/Luck to Schiano/Glennon?  Luck is a supposed once in a generation QB . . . . . I am sure Lovie does NOT think Glennon is Luck . . . just as sure as water is wet . . .  so what was your point? Glennon is no Luck?  Yeah, so .. .

Fine. Forget that I said "bad". All that matters is if he is good enough. As for the Luck comparison, just try and think how many times a new coach comes into a team with a young QB who has a decent amount of game experience, the coach immediately brings in a veteran QB and names him the starter, and then he develops the young QB in the background to be a successful starter down the road? That's not the way it works. If a new coach goes to a team with a young QB and he likes that QB, he plays that QB. He doesn't bring in someone else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We'll see when Glennon gets to start again. For all we know L&L want Glennon to be a career backup in Tampa's future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Then get fined by Goodell...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When Lovie said McCown would take the first reps…it “obviously” meant he hates Glennon’s guts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The notion that cornerback Darrelle Revis doesn’t fit in Lovie Smith’s defense continues to be debunked.Appearing on NFL Network's "NFL GameDay First," NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport said Revis absolutely has a future with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Lovie Smith has big plans for the shut-down corner.The Bucs could get out of Revis' contract, which pays him $16 million this season, but the team has no plans to cut him, according to Rapoport.While the "Tampa 2" is a buzzword term when it comes to defining Smith's defense, the reality is that the coach de-emphasized that scheme towards the end of his nine-year coaching stint with the Chicago Bears.As Rapoport pointed out, Smith utilized mostly man coverage with the Bears -- playing to the strengths of corners Charles Tillman and Tim Jennings -- with Cover 2-zones mixed in mostly in obvious passing situations on long down-and-distances.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000308872/article/lovie-smith-has-big-plans-for-darrelle-revis-in-tampa

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We'll see when Glennon gets to start again. For all we know L&L want Glennon to be a career backup in Tampa's future.

I wouldn't be surprised anymore if Glennon was traded, was the opening day starter or forever sat as the backup.  But I do think that at least now, there is a competent team in charge to make that decision.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Then get fined by Goodell...

well played

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennnon gets traded this evening…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennnon gets traded this evening...

man does PR hope so, can you imagine the traffic!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wanna bet?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wanna bet?

Thank you for confirming you are of pre teen age.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie set the bar pretty high for that, tho'...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wanna bet?

You're the one with the glib "Glennon gets traded this evening"  - grow up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope we do draft a QB Saturday. I also hope he turns out to be a stud if Glennon doesn’t. I have been of the mindset that we should draft a mid round QB every draft. Sooner or later we’ll strike gold. But this notion that only mobile QB’S can win you a SuperBowl is laughable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wanna bet?

nuh-uh!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wanna bet?

nuh-uh!

Don’t even try to explain sarcasm on this board. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stop your crying ladies we find out soon enough. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is an alright qb. Average enough imo.However, I still hope they bring in some new blood or find a good trade. I'd rather they not just settle with glennon. If they don't, he better already be at the point, in their eyes, that he can take mccown's spot, today, if need be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon wasn’t supposed to start last year. He was still wet behind the ears and frankly wasn’t ready to be thrown to the wolves. And adding the Freeman mess, poor coaching by Schiano and company, and the MRSA fiasco to the mix made it even more difficult. So it’s unfair to blame the poor season on him. His QB stats were really not all that bad everything else being considered.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They will draft a QB this draft I am willing to bet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope we have the opportunity to draft Carr so we can find out if he really is Tedford’s boy or not.  Just like we got to choose on Johnny Football I’m just happy if we get the choice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I absolutely love the smoke screen that Licht & Lovie put together. The attempt to trade Glennon. The Manziel talk. It worked to perfection. Why would someone wanting Evans jump in front of us when we “need” a QB. Masterful.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I absolutely love the smoke screen that Licht & Lovie put together. The attempt to trade Glennon. The Manziel talk. It worked to perfection. Why would someone wanting Evans jump in front of us when we "need" a QB. Masterful.

I think they underestimated the fanbase, tho'...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Morning friends!  Thought I’d stoke this little fire again  :P.  I wish nothing but the best for Glennon.  I hope he continues to grow and proves to be an asset for us.  Go Bucs!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. The Bucs passed on Mettenberger/Murray/McCarron/Savage for a RB, when we already had 3 backs that were at least decent.Glennon haters probably didn't sleep well last night.....or just mad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idk chace. It’s got me worried about our current rb core.Is one injured really bad, and we just don't know about it, or is lovie planning on selling one off?Seems like a "need" signing, when there isn't a need.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seemed like a “Tedford isn’t Sullivan” pick to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it means two things…1. They don't put that much stock into what they saw from James and Rainey...and they didn't get too excited from what they saw in their recent work with the team.2. They really really like this guy. TBH, I hadn't seen much from this guy other than the few times I saw him when WVU played OU, OSU, Texas, and TCU. Watching a few vids of him now, he does look like an intriguing back. I'm certainly interested in seeing how it plays out. Might end up being a guy who they feel they can use like Danny Woodhead.

Please wait…