Viewing 55 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

it is pretty clear that they have no interest in drafting a QB high in 2015. They did not draft one in 2014, and it is highly likely they will not draft one high in 2015 as well.They are putting all their chips in with a veteran QB like the Cards and Texans have done.  McCown is under contract next season as well, so they clearly want to see if the team needs to hunt for a new veteran QB in the off season or stick with McCown and improve the team around him.*shudders*I know this comes to a blow to us Mariota/Winston fans, but that is the reality of the situation.  Glennon will be moved in his last year of his rookie contract most likely.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No can do.After mccown stinks it up for the rest of the season, he will be used as the scapegoat.Now, I do think he'll go with a vet, just not mccown. He can't sell it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No can do.After mccown stinks it up for the rest of the season, he will be used as the scapegoat.Now, I do think he'll go with a vet, just not mccown. He can't sell it.

What happens if his boy Orton becomes available.... via trade or f/a

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But if McCown plays "good enough" for Lovie he is very likely to be back next season.  Lovie is very conservative and that is all it will take.  Kyle Ortan level of play will be enough for McCown to punch his ticket for next season.If he can't meet that low bar then yes I agree he is sent packing. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What this situation needs is more MRSA…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All, you have zilch to worry about. Mccown is a Neanderthal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think anything is clear other than our QB situation is a train wreck.  If we are in position to draft a top QB, the Bucs, either by Lovie’s own volition, or by the hands of the Glazers, will draft one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What happens if his boy Orton becomes available.... via trade or f/a

aint noboby buying that!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think anything is clear other than our QB situation is a train wreck.  If we are in position to draft a top QB, the Bucs, either by Lovie's own volition, or by the hands of the Glazers, will draft one.

I am not confident that they will do that.  I don't see Lovie handing the reigns over next season to a rookie QB coming off of a very bad losing record in 2014.  They are putting all their chips in now, and 2015 or else 2015 may be Lovie's last stand.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe at 1-7… all that “Kansas City turnaround” hype won’t make McCown lob hand grenades like he did in the first 3 games…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he put all his chips in this year.  it failed miserably.  cant see the fans or the owners, who need to sell tickets and generate interest, allowing that to happen again.  if Lovie had half a brain he would see that himself. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of you act like licht has no job here. I think the offseason acquisitions were more his doing than lovies with the exception of mccown. If we’re in a position to grab Winston of mariota I believe that is what our GM will do. The only one who would allow lovie to over rule the GM of the Bucs is the glazers and after this season I don’t think lovie would be given the power to over rule licht and not take a QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of you act like licht has no job here. I think the offseason acquisitions were more his doing than lovies with the exception of mccown. If we're in a position to grab Winston of mariota I believe that is what our GM will do. The only one who would allow lovie to over rule the GM of the Bucs is the glazers and after this season I don't think lovie would be given the power to over rule licht and not take a QB.

Wasn't there just a comment about "if Lovie and Licht don't agree, that player is removed from the board". There isn't any concern about Lovie overruling anyone. (unless that comment was a joke)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Think how lovie thinks..then think about what orton is.Yeah...scary thought.Lovie won't roll with a new qb, especially when he didn't this season, and everyone would've given him a pass if he had. Now he is really put himself into a bind.If he loses out, the glazers need to fire lovie, or at the very least force him into drafting one of the two top qb's. The stadium will be completely empty if lpvie attempt to use the same tactics or personnel as this season. There HAS to be something the fans can latch on to.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we have a top 5 pick, we’re taking a QB. There will be literally 5,000 people next year at Ray Jay if we don’t.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many in Wembley?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we have a top 5 pick, we're taking a QB. There will be literally 5,000 people next year at Ray Jay if we don't.

And that poor QB will get murdered behind this offensive line...And don't forget about our receivers who cant catch balls that hit them in the chest.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tom Krasniqi ?@TKras Lovie says Glennon is still the QB of the future #Bucs

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Well isn't that reassuring.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

huh? now i’m very confused and concerned

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of you act like licht has no job here. I think the offseason acquisitions were more his doing than lovies with the exception of mccown. If we're in a position to grab Winston of mariota I believe that is what our GM will do. The only one who would allow lovie to over rule the GM of the Bucs is the glazers and after this season I don't think lovie would be given the power to over rule licht and not take a QB.

Final Say on Personnel - https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/419857093336657920

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They’ll draft a QB in 2015, it just won’t be Mariota or Winston.^bump this after the draft concludes on May 2nd.^

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They'll draft a QB in 2015, it just won't be Mariota or Winston.^bump this after the draft concludes on May 2nd.^

So, you thinking Driskell?  Their scouts were at the Party in Jax... and he did look good on the bench.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They'll draft a QB in 2015, it just won't be Mariota or Winston.^bump this after the draft concludes on May 2nd.^

So, you thinking Driskell?  Their scouts were at the Party in Jax... and he did look good on the bench.

Yea....because the only three QBs in this draft are Mariota, Winston.....and Driskell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They may draft a QB in the 4th round or later but drafting a QB rounds 1-3 (high) is very unlikely. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

it is pretty clear that they have no interest in drafting a QB high in 2015. They did not draft one in 2014, and it is highly likely they will not draft one high in 2015 as well.They are putting all their chips in with a veteran QB like the Cards and Texans have done.  McCown is under contract next season as well, so they clearly want to see if the team needs to hunt for a new veteran QB in the off season or stick with McCown and improve the team around him.*shudders*I know this comes to a blow to us Mariota/Winston fans, but that is the reality of the situation.  Glennon will be moved in his last year of his rookie contract most likely.

reality as you see it.....and a reality I whole-heartedly disagree with.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think anything is clear other than our QB situation is a train wreck.  If we are in position to draft a top QB, the Bucs, either by Lovie's own volition, or by the hands of the Glazers, will draft one.

I couldn't agree more!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we have a top 5 pick, we're taking a QB. There will be literally 5,000 people next year at Ray Jay if we don't.

that's a very generous number!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not even the board jester or 10 pound ass believe that nonsense!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with the fears of the original poster, but I also think the glazers want a franchise qb.  Why gruden leave again?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure.I would even cancel my sunday ticket if thats what happens.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie obviously isn’t happy with the QB situation. He had no trouble keeping Glennon on the field when he was doing alright, and he had no trouble benching him when he was struggling. He drafted all offense this year. I could see him drafting a QB. Not to mention that it buys him another year if he does poorly.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

We have no choice but to lose the rest of our games and draft a QB.  I think next year we should try this without a DC as well and see what happens.  No other town would be shrouded in mystery as to what the hell is going on with our OC.  We are a town of ex-carnies, sleepy retirees and people that awww shucks, just love those darling losers the Bucs.  Pathetic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sadly, I agree with alldaway. There’s no way in hell Lovie drafts a QB in the first round.You really think a guy who refuses to get an Offensive consultant for his highly inexperienced QB coach playcaller will invest a 1st round pick in a QB?No way in hell that will happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with the fears of the original poster, but I also think the glazers want a franchise qb.  Why gruden leave again?

Manziel..right there. Teddy...right there. Carr..right there.Yet, the glazers did nothing.Plausible deniability. They let their coaches take the blame. They've avoided the "burden" of paying for a qb. Even after the cba they're still scared to do what needs to be done Cause, you know..having a jj type ownership would be oh so horrible..Pfft..as if they could act like they give a sh1t for a moment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about this scenario:McCown starts the rest of the season, pulls out 3-4 wins, and the Bucs draft #10 in the first Rd. Other than a few message board coronary constrictions....then what?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about this scenario:McCown starts the rest of the season, pulls out 3-4 wins, and the Bucs draft #10 in the first Rd. Other than a few message board coronary constrictions....then what?

Yea... what are you guys going to do?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you saying you will be one of the casualties?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you saying you will be one of the casualties?

I'll be legally blind to them... I'll be able to see but barely.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I say that but I doubt I can ever do it. I’m stuck with these bozos. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel..right there. Teddy...right there. Carr..right there.Yet, the glazers did nothing.Plausible deniability. They let their coaches take the blame. They've avoided the "burden" of paying for a qb. Even after the cba they're still scared to do what needs to be done Cause, you know..having a jj type ownership would be oh so horrible..Pfft..as if they could act like they give a sh1t for a moment.

i don’t think any of those three will be rated as well as winston and mariota.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea....because the only three QBs in this draft are Mariota, Winston.....and Driskell.

Driskel is a junior .....why in god's green earth would he declare early ?? LOLzTo go directly to Arena League ? Do not pass go , do not collect 200 dollars .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, that kinda reassures me that we'll be taking the highest rated DLineman first round in the 2015 draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Light & our idiot coach do not have a choice when it comes to taking a QB. You way in hell the Glazers or us fans go away quietly if they plan to go elsewhere. In a division with Brees, Newton, & Ryan we have been lacking for years. This years qb crop is definitely better than last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't even know where to start here. You would rather that the Glazers played GM like Jerry Jones? Most people think they should bring in a middle man just to select the coach/GM, but you want them to pick players? C'mon. The cheapest way to get a QB is through the draft. This isn't 2010.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, that kinda reassures me that we'll be taking the highest rated DLineman first round in the 2015 draft.

Why believe a word they say at this point?No way in hell would the Glazers let him pass up on a QB if they are rated as a franchise guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

it is pretty clear that they have no interest in drafting a QB high in 2015. They did not draft one in 2014, and it is highly likely they will not draft one high in 2015 as well.How so? With so much depth at QB in 2015, you can find a quality guy in the later rounds if the go that route...They still can draft a QB high though...They are putting all their chips in with a veteran QB like the Cards and Texans have done.  McCown is under contract next season as well, so they clearly want to see if the team needs to hunt for a new veteran QB in the off season or stick with McCown and improve the team around him.What have they done to make you think that? Glennon will be gone next year...McClown's contract number is too high...*shudders*I know this comes to a blow to us Mariota/Winston fans, but that is the reality of the situation.  Glennon will be moved in his last year of his rookie contract most likely.You don't know that...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with alldaway. I fully expect us to finish with a top 3-4 pick and NOT select a QB. Watch this circus act march McCown out there as the starter again next year and try to sell us all that he is improved, blah blah blah.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why believe a word they say at this point?No way in hell would the Glazers let him pass up on a QB if they are rated as a franchise guy.

Because Moe, Larry and Shemp haven't made many moves that have given me any confidence that they are competent. Their last involvement with a franchise qb, let me correct that, their last involvement with a p.o.s. qb, that some former d.c. turned h.c. buffaloed the three stooges into believing that he was a good qb, backfired so badly that I believe Lovie will sell them on "there are no guarantees coming out of college" and use Freeman as a prime example. He'll dazzle them with smoke and mirrors and make them believe that slow but steady guys like McCown and Orton will calm the waters while he rebuilds the defense.And then DL is the first round pick for the Bucs in 2015

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My prediction…we finish in the toilet, bottom three team, draft Winston #1 and put some ‘JUICE’ in the  offense to optimize this years draft, Evans, ASJ, Herron, Sims and the two OLinemen. After Winston, I think they go ALL defense, edge rushers and MLB, so that’s four spots, the rest could be Olinemen who are projects, like this years two picks but those four plus Dotson equals 5 starters in two years. In theory, the RB’s would be Rainey & Sims, maybe James. WR’s VJax, Evans, Slot Herron. TE’s ASJ, and a 5th round blocking TE draftee. Rest of the picks, DB’s and FS/SS. Middle Tier FA’s signed for a year or two for depth with all up front deals. Stabilize the defense and offense next year. Draft like hell the third year and we should be OK. Need an OC and Special teams coach. Let your depth guys be your ST players. Cut some more fat next year, Bowers, Koenen, etc the obvious ones we all know. We shall see

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the Glazers and LOL have no clue what needs to be done. If they even had a glimmer, they still wouldn't know how to address it. It's like the blind leading the blind, regardless which one of them is first.Based on their track records, I believe that opening line to be 100% correct.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The buccaneers do not need a QB, said no GM or scout in the NFL.If anyone involved in the "biz" doesn't think we need a QB, they should be fired. It didn't take LiLo to let the cat out of the bag that we, in fact, may consider drafting Mariota or crab legs boy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The buccaneers do not need a QB, said no GM or scout in the NFL.If anyone involved in the "biz" doesn't think we need a QB, they should be fired. It didn't take LiLo to let the cat out of the bag that we, in fact, may consider drafting Mariota or crab legs boy.

Like they did with JFF, Bortles, Teddy, Carr...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again,their is a wide gulf between 100% incompetent and actually useful QB. HOU just benched that type of player. Fitz is an NFL player, but he is not a starter but he did enough to help them win games. McCown could get better, still not be good, and still make this whole QB/not QB debate moot with enough wins to keep us in the playoff hunt (lol) but far enough down the food chain to not be able to draft a QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, that kinda to reassures me that we'll be taking the highest rated DLineman first round in the 2015 draft.

Really what is Lovie going to say?  That Glennon sucks?  we all know they tried to trade him in the offseason and when that didn’t work out he called him the QB of the Future.

Please wait…

• wesleyc

The way I see it, the qb crop in last years draft wasn’t particularly strong. While there was a lot of hype around Manziel and many liked Bridgewater, there were too many major question marks about both of them to warrant taking with the 7th overall pick. Right now we do not have a quarterback on the team capable of being a reliable starter. What L&Ls intentions are, we can’t really know, but to definitively state that they aren’t going to pick a quarterback doesn’t seem feasible at this point.

Please wait…

Viewing 55 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.