Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• crazybucfan67

Participant

I am getting sick of seeing our team worried more about trying to pull the ball out of the ball carriers hands than making the tackle. This crap doesn't get the defense off the field and that's what matters. If it works, it looks good but more times than not the opponent ends up happening and 2 yard gains turn into 8, 9, 10 yard gains. Maybe its just me. Id rather get three and outs than go grabbing for the ball and let the other team sustain drives that guts the defense...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea his D is soft, he needs better cover corners for it to work, his fault to jettison Revis, for garbage 3 garbage FA’s, and completely ignoring the Defense in drafts

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’re blaming the defense for being on the field too long? That’s not on them, that’s on the offense for not establishing a running game or putting together long drives. I have no problem with Lovie preaching turnovers and coaching his players to go for the ball.With that being said, I wish Lovie threw more blitzes at Mallett. He was 0-14 against the Panthers when pressured last week, and we didn't get enough pressure him today. D-line definitely didn't have a good game today against a banged up line. Not much of a pass rush and they got gashed against the run against a team who couldn't get a running game going their first 2 games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Slant,slant,slant,slant defense can’t stop it to save their lives…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Corners aren’t good enough/no underneath helpWe were in man almost all day

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovies gotta go…. The man has no control of this team and we’re an embarrassment on the field when it comes to being deciplin. He’s D is old school and that BS doesn’t work in this new era of football. I hope we clean house and get an offensive minded coach cuz I’m sick of these defensive coaches that just aren’t very good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're blaming the defense for being on the field too long? That's not on them, that's on the offense for not establishing a running game or putting together long drives. I have no problem with Lovie preaching turnovers and coaching his players to go for the ball.With that being said, I wish Lovie threw more blitzes at Mallett. He was 0-14 against the Panthers when pressured last week, and we didn't get enough pressure him today. D-line definitely didn't have a good game today against a banged up line. Not much of a pass rush and they got gashed against the run against a team who couldn't get a running game going their first 2 games.

I'm with you here, it seems like every player goes for the strip and offensives players get an extra 4 or 5 yards cuz we don't make the tackle. Fire lovie and Frazier now and let DK run this team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Slant,slant,slant,slant defense can't stop it to save their lives...

It was the Mariota game plan from week one. The only difference is the Texans had Ed Norton playing QB.mallett.jpgJackie_Gleason_html_mfe5340.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It makes me wonder about communication with the example of the 12 men on the field penalties. The green dot is Kwon, so is he having issues interpreting personnel packages? Are coach Frazier/Smith making late changes to the composition of their packages that are mixing players up? Maybe the verbiage used is a bit complex? Anyway you swing it, stupid penalties like this are killing us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie says what?(Because he is old and can't hear too well)Fire his sorry (censored)!  Lovie is a GD mistake!  Period!!!!!He will never ever ever ever win a trophy in Tampa. Maybe the biggest loser trophy. Btw, the kid who won big brother grew up in my neighborhood. So did Brian Leonard. Pretty cool for a tiny tiny town!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defense looked relatively good for awhile until they were on the field for what felt like 3 hours. That is on the offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defense looked relatively good for awhile until they were on the field for what felt like 3 hours. That is on the offense.

It was like 39 minutes. Lovie went all Dungy by calling out the defense for not stopping the run in the 4th during his interview after the game on 620.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was like 39 minutes. Lovie went all Dungy by calling out the defense for not stopping the run in the 4th during his interview after the game on 620.

Whose fault is that?(censored) Lovie. Fire his old (censored).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many points did the opposing offense score?The defense wasn't the problem, this time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Texans offense sucks, flat out. Mallet is somewhere between 25-35 of top QBs, their OL stinks and were without Brown and were playing with a fringe NFL RB. We had no answer for the stretch and they just slanted us to death like everyone does because our corners play so off the WR. If Brees didn’t stay in the game last week we would be 0-3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Texans were a BAD running team with a beat up and backup filled OL. Yet they ran the ball todaylike Earl Campbell was still there. No excuse for that IMO.It coast the young Bucs the game. That and Mike Evens not being able to catch the ball and absolutely horrible kicking by Brinza.One quick fix is replacing Brinza immediately. You cannot have that. Send a damn message that it MATTERS!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s only ONE game…Lovie sucks.  His defense sucks.  He is WASHED up.  Nawlinswin was a fluke.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would’ve fired Lovie after 2-14 and hired Greg Roman who has the Bills offense scoring and scoring a lot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Slant,slant,slant,slant defense can't stop it to save their lives...

It was the Mariota game plan from week one. The only difference is the Texans had Ed Norton playing QB.

It was. Establish the run, hit quick slants. I even saw the Kendell Wright TD play. Expect more of the same until the Bucs adjust and show they can stop it. I'm not holding my breath.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am getting sick of seeing our team worried more about trying to pull the ball out of the ball carriers hands than making the tackle. This crap doesn't get the defense off the field and that's what matters. If it works, it looks good but more times than not the opponent ends up happening and 2 yard gains turn into 8, 9, 10 yard gains. Maybe its just me. Id rather get three and outs than go grabbing for the ball and let the other team sustain drives that guts the defense...

Football Math. Offense with short drive + Defenses spending more time on the field = a defense that will get worn out and give up big plays. This is nothing new.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The soft zones played by the corners gets more and more frustrating every week. It doesn’t give our line any time to get to the QB, and receivers are getting 5-8 yards a pop before they’re touched. I don't know how many times Smith or McCoy beat their man today just to see the ball already out because the corner is no where near the receiver. And what the hell was the point of extending Lavonte David if his only assignment is to sit in a soft zone all game long and tackle guys that come near him? We've completely neutered one of, if not the most versatile linebacker weapons in the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So let me get this right. The Bucs’ offense scored a total of 6 points today and the defense lost the game?

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

The defense was a little soft on a few plays, and had some blown tackles that could have resulted in a aloss, had the first hits stopped the player; however, in comparison to the team last year, I really can't fault them too much. The defense is learning, and is progressing. There was just as many great plays as there was miscues.The problem with this game was the number of points left on the field. You really can't miss that many FGs, and expect to win. If you take our missed points, iirc, and add them up to our total, the Bucs win today. Does the team need work? Yeah. Was it as bad as what we watched all of  last year, or during the Schiano years? No.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And what the hell was the point of extending Lavonte David if his only assignment is to sit in a soft zone all game long and tackle guys that come near him? We've completely neutered one of, if not the most versatile linebacker weapons in the league.

David had a chance to make multiple plays behind the LOS today. It's not the coaches fault that he couldn't wrap up easy TFL's. Lavonte needs to step up, people need to stop blaming the scheme for him not playing well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So let me get this right. The Bucs' offense scored a total of 6 points today and the defense lost the game?

And the Bucs TD was set up by a turnover by the defense.But yep, some people will still say the defense sucked because they couldn't completely shut the Texans down while being out there 40 minutes of the game. The run defense was bad today, but to say the defense sucks is just stupid. It also would have helped if the refs gave the Bucs the same leeway they gave the Texans' DB when it came to defensive holding. Anytime a Bucs DB touched a Texans receiver it was a flag, yet the Texans did it multiple times without any calls.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And what the hell was the point of extending Lavonte David if his only assignment is to sit in a soft zone all game long and tackle guys that come near him? We've completely neutered one of, if not the most versatile linebacker weapons in the league.

David had a chance to make multiple plays behind the LOS today. It's not the coaches fault that he couldn't wrap up easy TFL's. Lavonte needs to step up, people need to stop blaming the scheme for him not playing well.

The scheme is misusing him and he’s not executing the plays he is being asked to make. The struggles are from both sides.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The scheme is misusing him and he's not executing the plays he is being asked to make. The struggles are from both sides.

I can agree with that. I wish we were more creative with Lavonte. Would love to see us blitz him more often as he has seemed to be pretty successful at doing so in the past.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So let me get this right. The Bucs' offense scored a total of 6 points today and the defense lost the game?

Just ask Tony Dungy (Tree) and Lovie Smith (Apple).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The defense is playing about as well as I expected them to.  Keep in mind we have devoted very few resources to that side of the ball.  1 pick in the last 2 years (a 4th).  We let the best corner in the NFL walk because we didn’t want to pay him.  We have 1 good end and he hasn’t done it for a full year yet.  Our secondary is mostly Bears castoffs.My concern is the other side of the ball.  We have devoted everything there.  Take off the pewter glasses and really think about it.  WR1- High priced free agent/ probowlerWR2- Top 10 pickTE1- 2nd round pickTE2- former starter with a 70+ catch seasonRB- first rounderLT- 2nd rounderLG- former all proC- free agent/ former starter from a top shelf teamRG- 2nd rounderRT- waiver gemQB- 1st overall pickOC- proven guy with lots of NFL experienceThis offense should be a juggernaut.  I understand we have a lot of youth and a few injuries, but this bunch should be able to produce more than we're seeing.  9 points?  9 freaking points? 

Please wait…

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.