Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• Hayseed

Participant

Could it be?I think if we suffer an another embarrassing loss, this time to the lowly Jags, I think the Glazers may break away from past precedent and send Lovie packing. There is NO excuse for losing this game this week. If it isn't back on the rails this week, it never will be with Lovie at the helm.

Please wait…

Any hopes of a Packer comeback died amidst a crimson wave of destruction.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This will never happen. Ever. Even in the event of a disastrous outing, an outright blowout that sends fans packing within the first 15 minutes, the search will begin behind the scenes and stay that way until season’s end.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glazers are rational business men.  They do not make knee jerk decisions mid season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IMO, the only “embarrassing” loss was against the Titans. Houston was disappointing (I blame Brindza), and so was Carolina, but they’re a playoff caliber team and just flat out better than the Bucs right now. I don't believe the Glazers would fire Lovie mid-season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IMO, the only "embarrassing" loss was against the Titans. Houston was disappointing (I blame Brindza), and so was Carolina, but they're a playoff caliber team and just flat out better than the Bucs right now. I don't believe the Glazers would fire Lovie mid-season.

Yeah people make Houston, Carolina and New Orleans out to be like they are not good competition.The Titans defense which many here ragged before the first game is currently playing like a a top five unit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could it be?I think if we suffer an another embarrassing loss, this time to the lowly Jags, I think the Glazers may break away from past precedent and send Lovie packing. There is NO excuse for losing this game this week. If it isn't back on the rails this week, it never will be with Lovie at the helm.

Apparently,  only Bucs fans feel this way...only 2 of the "experts" picked the Bucs to beat the Jags...[/grainofsalt]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I heard somewhere that every NFL team that ever existed who canned their coach during the season failed to reach .500 regardless of circumstances.Lovie gets the year to get this team to 5 wins (250% improvement over 2014)  Anything less is grounds for this thread.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glazers are rational business men.  They do not make knee jerk decisions mid season.

They suck at this whole football thing.  Worst owners ever.  Most of them live over the pond.  Ed is garbage.  The whole family is garbage.  I wish they would sell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Losing helps the glazers sell the “insurance policy” to the sports authority.They arent getting rid of lovie right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I heard somewhere that every NFL team that ever existed who canned their coach during the season failed to reach .500 regardless of circumstances.Lovie gets the year to get this team to 5 wins (250% improvement over 2014)  Anything less is grounds for this thread.

I'm sure there is a correlation between the team sucking and the coach getting canned which may have something to do with not reaching .500.Regarding your baseline for success; why so demanding?3 wins is 50% improvement!The following year if he can make it to 4 wins that's still 33%!  That's huge YoY gains!Coach of the year stuff!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and I thought my expectations were realistic and moderate… who knew?  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is a knee jerk decision if they fire and do nothing.  But it's a rational decision if they fire him and then find a "consultant" to evaluate football operations and provide advice on the way forward.  I'm sure there are a few good people out not interested in a full time 5 year position or even in coaching again that would do a 4 month consultant gig.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and I thought my expectations were realistic and moderate... who knew?  ;)

Seriously though there's no excuse for anything less than 8 wins.  There's too much talent here for anything less than that.2nd year tooRemember, rookie HC Greg Schiano got 7 wins with this squad:Quarterbacks    5 Josh Freeman    6 Dan OrlovskyRunning backs    27 LeGarrette Blount    41 Erik Lorig FB    22 Doug Martin    34 Michael Smith    28 DJ WareWide receivers    89 David Douglas    83 Vincent Jackson    80 Chris Owusu    12 Roscoe Parrish PR    11 Tiquan Underwood    19 Mike WilliamsTight ends    82 Nate Byham    44 Dallas Clark    88 Luke Stocker Offensive linemen    73 Roger Allen III G    69 Demar Dotson T    68 Derek Hardman G    62 Ted Larsen C    79 Jamon Meredith G    70 Donald Penn T    74 Cody Wallace C/G    76 Jeremy Zuttah GDefensive linemen    71 Michael Bennett DE    91 Da'Quan Bowers DE    95 Gary Gibson DT    96 Corvey Irvin DT    78 Lazarius Levingston DE    97 Matthew Masifilo DT    93 Gerald McCoy DT    90 Roy Miller DT    50 Daniel Te'o-Nesheim DELinebackers    51 Jacob Cutrera OLB    54 Lavonte David OLB    59 Mason Foster MLB    53 Najee Goode MLB    57 Adam Hayward OLB    56 Dekoda Watson OLB    92 Markus White OLBDefensive backs    20 Ronde Barber FS    24 Mark Barron SS    31 E. J. Biggers CB    43 Ahmad Black FS    26 Anthony Gaitor CB    36 Danny Gorrer CB    29 Leonard Johnson CB    33 Brandon McDonald CB    37 Keith Tandy FS/SS    21 Eric Wright CBSpecial teams    10 Connor Barth K    48 Andrew Economos LS    9 Michael Koenen P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good discussion. I admit that this option doesn’t seem to be in the Glazer playbook, however, a loss the Jags this week, in Tampa, would represent the lowest that this franchise has been since 0-22. If the Jags come in and run roughshod through this defense, if there is no fight, no spirit, then Lovie HAS to go, if for no better reason than to demonstrate to the fans that this type of performance is not acceptable. If we can't be the Jags, then I'm not sure if the team can recover with Lovie at the helm.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m giving him this year to right the ship. If he can’t get it done and finish the year strong, I’ll be screaming for a new HC… And the HC I’ll be wishing for is Chucky. I know it will probably never happen because he’s comfy in that Monday night football seat and the Glazers probably won’t swallow their pride but he’s my guy. His only problem was that he couldn’t find a franchise QB. Now we have a QB and a team he can work with so I think he’d get us there again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and I thought my expectations were realistic and moderate... who knew?  ;)

Seriously though there's no excuse for anything less than 8 wins.  There's too much talent here for anything less than that.2nd year tooRemember, rookie HC Greg Schiano got 7 wins with this squad:Quarterbacks    5 Josh Freeman    6 Dan OrlovskyRunning backs    27 LeGarrette Blount    41 Erik Lorig FB    22 Doug Martin    34 Michael Smith    28 DJ WareWide receivers    89 David Douglas    83 Vincent Jackson    80 Chris Owusu    12 Roscoe Parrish PR    11 Tiquan Underwood    19 Mike WilliamsTight ends    82 Nate Byham    44 Dallas Clark    88 Luke Stocker Offensive linemen    73 Roger Allen III G    69 Demar Dotson T    68 Derek Hardman G    62 Ted Larsen C    79 Jamon Meredith G    70 Donald Penn T    74 Cody Wallace C/G    76 Jeremy Zuttah GDefensive linemen    71 Michael Bennett DE    91 Da'Quan Bowers DE    95 Gary Gibson DT    96 Corvey Irvin DT    78 Lazarius Levingston DE    97 Matthew Masifilo DT    93 Gerald McCoy DT    90 Roy Miller DT    50 Daniel Te'o-Nesheim DELinebackers    51 Jacob Cutrera OLB    54 Lavonte David OLB    59 Mason Foster MLB    53 Najee Goode MLB    57 Adam Hayward OLB    56 Dekoda Watson OLB    92 Markus White OLBDefensive backs    20 Ronde Barber FS    24 Mark Barron SS    31 E. J. Biggers CB    43 Ahmad Black FS    26 Anthony Gaitor CB    36 Danny Gorrer CB    29 Leonard Johnson CB    33 Brandon McDonald CB    37 Keith Tandy FS/SS    21 Eric Wright CBSpecial teams    10 Connor Barth K    48 Andrew Economos LS    9 Michael Koenen P

What a dog shit roster.  Putrid.  Lovie would have been 0-16 with that team imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you guys are kidding yourselves if you think Glazers will make a move based on this week’s outcome.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you guys are kidding yourselves if you think Glazers will make a move based on this week's outcome.

Well it would require that the Glazers actually give a ****.  Someone might have to remind them the season started and so far it doesn't look good.Of course Lovie will inform them that it's still preseason until November which will buy him some time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you guys are kidding yourselves if you think Glazers will make a move based on this week's outcome.

Well it would require that the Glazers actually give a ****.  Someone might have to remind them the season started and so far it doesn't look good.Of course Lovie will inform them that it's still preseason until November which will buy him some time.

They are playing like its still preseason, so thats some true logic.Remember, lovie can't adjust his defense until halfway through. Thats when the ten yard cushions stop...!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Lovie gets the year.  Now if we get blown out by Jax and lose badly to WA, I think the Glazers might start putting feelers out there.  Just remember two knee jerk decisions got us into this mess (firing Gruden and company then hiring Raheem)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jags are still an NFL team so anything can happen Sunday…I think they have more of a program of development in place than the Bucs TBH. Wouldn’t shock me if they start contending a couple years…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jags are still an NFL team so anything can happen Sunday...I think they have more of a program of development in place than the Bucs TBH. Wouldn't shock me if they start contending a couple years...

Of course the Jags could win on Sunday...anyone who thinks the Bucs are a shoe in to win is flat out delusionalThe Buc are still going to need to show improvement to win this gamePFT.com's picks

Jaguars at BuccaneersMDS’s take: The NFL teams in Florida are all pretty terrible this year, but if there’s one showing some signs of life, it’s Jacksonville. Jameis Winston will be forced into multiple turnovers as the Jags win a close one.MDS’s pick: Jaguars 13, Buccaneers 10.Florio’s take: The Bucs haven’t won a home game in a long, long time. If they don’t win this one against Jacksonville, they may never win another home game again. Ever.Florio’s pick: Buccaneers 20, Jaguars 17.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

I agree. If they were to go another direction with HC, I think it would definitely be after the season.Per the Dolphins, there were no surprises there. The NFL Network, among others, reported that there would be a shake-up in Miami if they travelled to London and lost to the Jets. They were correct in that assumption.The only question mark I have about the Dolphins decision, was whether or not Philbin was the initial target. Did he get that axe as a first choice, or did he get it, possibly, due to refusing to fire the DC?To be a fly on the wall that morning.... :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jags are still an NFL team so anything can happen Sunday...I think they have more of a program of development in place than the Bucs TBH. Wouldn't shock me if they start contending a couple years...

Of course the Jags could win on Sunday...anyone who thinks the Bucs are a shoe in to win is flat out delusionalThe Buc are still going to need to show improvement to win this gamePFT.com's picks

Jaguars at BuccaneersMDS’s take: The NFL teams in Florida are all pretty terrible this year, but if there’s one showing some signs of life, it’s Jacksonville. Jameis Winston will be forced into multiple turnovers as the Jags win a close one.MDS’s pick: Jaguars 13, Buccaneers 10.Florio’s take: The Bucs haven’t won a home game in a long, long time. If they don’t win this one against Jacksonville, they may never win another home game again. Ever.Florio’s pick: Buccaneers 20, Jaguars 17.

Ya I guess what I should've said was that people read a loss to Jacksonville as a sign of the Apocalypse...I think its actually closer to reality than some wish to admit.TJ Yeldon is a player to watch...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s not getting fired in season, if Raheem didn’t get fired in season for getting blown out every week then they won’t fire Lovie until week 17. Then he will have a career losing record and forever be known as Loser Lovie. This is his last chance as a head coach

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

He's not getting fired in season, if Raheem didn't get fired in season for getting blown out every week then they won't fire Lovie until week 17. Then he will have a career losing record and forever be known as Loser Lovie. This is his last chance as a head coach

I wouldn't go that far. There's always the Browns. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why is our defense so much better on the road?Or so much worse at home?

Please wait…

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.